Once Saved Always Saved

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
we must continue to contend for the true faith unto the end and remind all to do so , yet not we , but the grace of GOD that would have us
to do so . YEAH . ponder on that one for a bit . WHY would the grace o GOD not do as JESUS himself did
or the apostels who were under grace did . IT WOULD do all for the safety and welfare of the flock .
IT WOULD KNOW as DID JESUS that lambs must endure faithful to the end . WE are in dire trouble my friends .
WE must point folks back to CHRIST , we must do battle against this false all inclusive lie that is destorying many.
and stop telling folks that if ya said a prayer and believed , but later even fell away you are saved , WILL only encourage
this lie to grow and spawn . NO we must sound like JESUS . THUS point to HIM and say , HE ALONE is the only means of
salvation and that if one continues not in HIM they WILL BE CAST OUT . HE DID , WE DO .

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
It's funny you keep making this Appeal to Strawman. What do you think, A or B?
A. Mindless slave describes best our relationship to Christ.
B. Our relationship to Christ is best described as mutually loving but we mortals are the weak link, in constant need of turning from the flesh to the divine.​

You are the strawman.
thats pretty obvious.

Here is what God says, so never mind "what we think".
God says that we are "One" with Him.
God says we have "eternal life".
Jesus, who is God, says we shall "never perish".

Salvation is understood as...>"Once Saved, = always Born Again".

Reactions: GRACE ambassador

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Paul is speaking of attaining to his resurrection life now,

I will not presume to think that Paul was speaking of anything other than what he wrote.

The resurrection he is speaking of is the only resurrection mentioned in the whole of scripture; the resurrection of the dead.

Sure, there are scriptures that assure us of such things, but the whole of scripture teaches not to be high minded and to always be humble and lowly.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I will not presume to think that Paul was speaking of anything other than what he wrote.

The resurrection he is speaking of is the only resurrection mentioned in the whole of scripture; the resurrection of the dead.

Sure, there are scriptures that assure us of such things, but the whole of scripture teaches not to be high minded and to always be humble and lowly.

Romans 6:3-7 KJV
3) Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into his death?
4) Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life.
5) For if we have been planted together in the likeness of his death, we shall be also in the likeness of his resurrection:
6) Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with him, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin.
7) For he that is dead is freed from sin.

Here we are taught that having died with Him, we will also be raised with Him.

Even so, now, our corresponding life experience to Jesus' resurrection, something for us here and now, is that we walk in newness of life.

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hyper grace is killing souls fast .
Legalism and licentiousness, the two ditches on either side.

The true understanding of God's grace, the completeness of our reconciliation to Him, and the understanding of our justification - that we are forever forgiven, and forever changed - are what keep us from both of these.

Much love!

Reactions: HisLife

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You don't know whether you have a faith that continues or not, because you haven't seen the outcome yet.
What do you mean I don't know whether I have a faith that continues or not? I am believing, so how is that not a faith that is continuing? We'll see in the future if it is still continuing then.

Reactions: amigo de christo

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Made partakers of Christ, IF we hold our confidence to the end.
You won't know if you are a true believer until you get to the end. So how can you say for sure you are saved since you haven't got to the end yet to see if your believing lasted? You might still be shown to be nothing more than the rocky soil that Jesus talked about in the parable of the sower. You won't know until you get to the end to see if you lasted. And so you can't know for sure you are really saved.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We cannot allow and teach men , that it wont matter how much or often they sin ,
Won't matter to what? To salvation? To reward? To our fruitfulness? To our fulfillment in this life? There are a lot of ways that sin matters.

Of course!

Those who will tell me that if I sin as a child of God I will be condemned for it to the Lake of Fire, I'm going to rest in the Scripture, that tells me with no uncertainty that's not true.

Those who tell me, but OH, if I stop believing, He's going to just let me go, I'm going to rest in the Scritpure, that tells me this is not true. As if the child of God would stop believing. Did you ever stop believing your were born from your mother?

Where do doubts come from? The Spirit? Or the flesh? From the flesh, not the Spirit. Not our new creation, who is in unity with God. Doubts are from the flesh. They are sin, because sin is what is not of faith. And sin is condemned in the flesh. And we are separated from our sin. We are forgiven of our sin.

Just the same . . . God's kids don't stop believing.

All the warning, admonitions, let's take them seriously, soberly, but not inappropriately. And not in contradiction to clearly stated truth.

Much love!

Reactions: HisLife

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You won't know if you are a true believer until you get to the end. So how can you say for sure you are saved since you haven't got to the end yet to see if your believing lasted?

In the first place, there's that "specious" interpretation of the verse. You know you are a true partaker if you hold your confidence to the end. If you aren't, you won't.

And you continue to hold to this AS IT it were saying you may stop being a partaker. And that's not what it says.

Not to mention, there's more to it than that.

Romans 8:14-16 KJV
14) For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.
15) For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father.
16) The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God:

Much love!

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's how you know you are true. It's not what makes you true.

Look at the grammar in the passage.

Made partakers of Christ, IF we hold our confidence to the end.

Much love!
Since the knowledge of it comes From GOD and that not of ourselves , yeah LET US PRAISE AND THANK HIM for letting us even know this .
Its all a gift . LET the LORD be praised . Every warning is a gift , every reminder a gift . The LORD supplies us with the knowledge of truth ,
IN JESUS CHRIST . Yep .

Reactions: marks

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What do you mean I don't know whether I have a faith that continues or not? I am believing, so how is that not a faith that is continuing? We'll see in the future if it is still continuing then.
I say let us trust in every Word of Christ . And if HE said if one continues not in HIM they are cast out
then let us believe what HE has said . Paul and them sure did and they taught it to the churches .
Just as they taught there is no other name whereby we are saved , they taught the gospel
and said BY WHICH ye are saved , IF YA KEEP IT IN MEMORY . YEP , KEEP IT TO THE END .
THEY all knew we had to endure faithful in Christ to the end . SO lets keep on reminding all to do just that .
LET us obey HE who is within us , the SPIRIT , and let us not heed the flesh.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Since the knowledge of it comes From GOD and that not of ourselves , yeah LET US PRAISE AND THANK HIM for letting us even know this .
Its all a gift . LET the LORD be praised . Every warning is a gift , every reminder a gift . The LORD supplies us with the knowledge of truth ,
IN JESUS CHRIST . Yep .
Amen!

I thank Him every day for revealing this to me! Amazing Grace! How sweet the sound!

Much love!

Reactions: GRACE ambassador

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I say let us trust in every Word of Christ . And if HE said if one continues not in HIM they are cast out
then let us believe what HE has said . Paul and them sure did and they taught it to the churches .
Just as they taught there is no other name whereby we are saved , they taught the gospel
and said BY WHICH ye are saved , IF YA KEEP IT IN MEMORY . YEP , KEEP IT TO THE END .
THEY all knew we had to endure faithful in Christ to the end . SO lets keep on reminding all to do just that .
LET us obey HE who is within us , the SPIRIT , and let us not heed the flesh.

And yet it still remains true:

Colossians 3:1-4 KJV
1) If ye then be risen with Christ, seek those things which are above, where Christ sitteth on the right hand of God.
2) Set your affection on things above, not on things on the earth.
3) For ye are dead, and your life is hid with Christ in God.
4) When Christ, who is our life, shall appear, then shall ye also appear with him in glory.

This is true, and never becomes false.

Any understanding of Scripture will be in harmony with all of Scripture, IF it is a correct understanding.

Perceived conflicts point us to deeper study and searching.

Much love!

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And yet it still remains true:

Colossians 3:1-4 KJV
1) If ye then be risen with Christ, seek those things which are above, where Christ sitteth on the right hand of God.
2) Set your affection on things above, not on things on the earth.
3) For ye are dead, and your life is hid with Christ in God.
4) When Christ, who is our life, shall appear, then shall ye also appear with him in glory.

This is true, and never becomes false.

Any understanding of Scripture will be in harmony with all of Scripture, IF it is a correct understanding.

Perceived conflicts point us to deeper study and searching.

Much love!
Thus as well when paul and Christ , peter as well made clear we must endure to the end , that too is true .
Let us never give the church a false hope that even if one justifies themself by the law or any other means
that still they would be saved . let us never give the church a false hope
that no matter what they do , even if they left off heeding HE who speaks from heaven
that even if they continued not in Christ , oh they saved anyway . Cause i think we both know that aint true .
The least one could do is say , WELL they were never HIS anyway . But dont let the beleivers
believe they can take off from heeding HIM . Oh big NO NO .
And yet this is occuring faster and more so daily . I am smelling a serious falling away going on in many churches .
For i see many that now even believe GOD is fine with all other gods , all other religions .
That dont sound like no gospel to me . Thus let us heed the one true gospel and be not moved away from that hope .
KEEP it memory . IT is the gospel of truth . the gospel by which we are saved , IF WE KEEP IT IN MEMORY .
Hey , they warned , we warn and remind ............right .
It wont be long before we hear many , whether OSAS or not that are believing this new false and super deadly go spell .
That somehow if a person has love , it dont matter what religion they are in , they are saved and fine even without
having surrended to the one true gospel of Christ . AND i think we had better know this is a LIE from satan .LET
us not be moved away from the hope of the gospel and into the hope of this false all inclusive love so called go spell .
For if any man comes preaching God is love and thus if one has love , it matters not if they even knew JESUS they are saved ,
LIE that one is and it AINT LOVE to let one believe no lie either . For the LOVE that comes FROM GOD , THE GIFT ,
YEAH it has us pointing to confession of JESUS CHRIST by mouth and believing from the heart , IN ORDER TO BE SAVED .
JUST let us remember this , for i warn us all a false love lie which comes NOT FROM GOD is on the rise . IT IS THE DELUSION .

Reactions: Marvelloustime
Status
Not open for further replies.