Once Saved Always Saved

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No you don't. You really don't, dude. You just think you do. You can't hear anything outside of what you are programmed to hear.

Perhaps I will go back and “ Dig Up” some of your previous Posts to show Newbies what you REALLY Believe .....we’ll see if you still feel like “ chuckling” after that....” Dude”.....

Tong2020

Apr 30, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
Tong2020 said:
Our knowing God is not to be mistaken as that makes us deserving of His salvation.
I never said it was.
Yes, no man is saved because he deserves it. Man is saved by grace, not through works, but through faith. Paul made that crystal clear in Eph.2:8-9.

Now, may I ask, what do you understand what Paul said in the next verse, as follows “For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works”.? What truth in there strikes you the most?

Tong
R3202

Reactions: amigo de christo

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ouch. Do you sing God’s praises with that mouth?

Think man! Think! Your doctrine is not producing the Fruit of the Spirit.

“THINK” about this, Poindexter.....my Doctrine is also not causing people to “ Fall From Grace “ nor be “ Accursed”....” Fruit Of The Spirit” does not come from those that preach False, Perverted “ Gospels “ Of “ Lucky Repentance” and Damnation from sins done on purpose, which would be 99% of sins in a person’s life.....THINK!

Why do use YOUR MOUTH to sing the praises of Gospel Perverters? THINK?

Reactions: HisLife

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Man is saved by grace, not through works, but through faith.

Faith = Belief + Action

Internal Work <> External Works

The problem with OSAS, is you suppose lip service, mere claiming belief is sufficient. Actual faith is required (prerequisite, actually) and this action involves an internal transformation, an internal work.

This is in agreement with Paul’s notion salvation not due to external ‘works’ so no man can brag.

And what is this internal work? Genuine and profound humility. And there is no humility in presuming Christ died on the cross so you can have a license to sin.

Tong2020

Apr 30, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
Tong2020 said:
You may regard your faith as internal work. But it is not. Faith is something that comes from God. It is grace given by God.
One way to know faith is from us is people are asked to walk in faith and to keep their faith. We have to start the process in faith. Faith established grace. Romans 4:16.
Please clarify what it is you want to say there.

Tong
R3203

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Please clarify what it is you want to say there.

What part don’t you understand? Jesus is not a rapist, forcing himself on others against their will. People have to act, to voluntarily go to him, not just once and done but in an ongoing basis. Jesus does not go to people who have not previously turned to him in each moment of temptation. God respects people’s Free Will - onto death.

If this were not so, there would be no point to the many times Jesus healed people then told them to ‘sin no more.’ The burden of our future state relationship to God is on us, not him.

I know some say we cannot do it on our own strength. Agreed. However, Ask and it Shall Be Given requires us to first ask. Not just the first time, once and saved for all time, but each instance we are tempted to sin more or sin again.

Corlove13

Apr 30, 2021
Los Angeles
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Its what JESUS HIMSELF FIRST said . IF a man does not CONTINUE IN ME , HE is cast out .
Folks overlook something else .
Remember when JESUS was talking to his own apostles , he told them how many would be betrayed , delivered up
some killed . THEN HE says , BUT HE who ENDURES TO THE END THE SAME SHALL BE SAVED .
HE SAID IT TO HIS OWN DESCIPLES . I never heard them say , HEY LORD, what about ONCE SAVED ALWAYS SAVED .
HE said the same thing to the churches in revelation .
Check this one out . Fear none of those things which you shall suffer
Behold the devil shall cast some of you into prison
so that you may be tried and you shall have tribulation ten days
Be thou faithful UNTO DEATH and i shall give you a crown of LIFE .
I never heard john say back , BUY HEY LORD what about once saved always saved .
it is about enduring faithful to Christ to the end . For we are made partakers of Christ if we hold
our confidence as we had at the first , FIRM to the end . Never heard paul say , WAIT i meant ONCE SAVED ALWAYS saved .
Folks are doing harm to people by allowing them to believe we dont even have to beleive to the end , that we dont have to be faithful to the end .
Its dangerous to teach such things .
Smile@.."but what about osas"

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The problem with OSAS, is you suppose lip service, mere claiming belief is sufficient. Actual faith is required (prerequisite, actually) and this action involves an internal transformation, an internal work.

This is in agreement with Paul’s notion salvation not due to external ‘works’ so no man can brag.

And what is this internal work? Genuine and profound humility. And there is no humility in presuming Christ died on the cross so you can have a license to sin.
I was just looking at this.

This description has nothing to do with what I think of as OSAS.

Lip service? Not in the slightest! License to sin? Of course not! It's the true freedom from sin. I've come to think that knowing how secure you are in Christ is what opens up your faith to stand in His grace, and to overcome sin.

The internal work? God begets a new man, not the one born from Adam. A New You.

Much love!

Tong2020

Apr 30, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
Tong2020 said:
<<<our salvation corresponds to the salvation of the Jews from Egypt (they too were "saved by the blood of the lamb"), not to "inheriting the promise".>>>

There is a parallel, but only that. The promises are not the same. The NT speaks of better promises.
Can you explain the later part of the first paragraph?
What first paragraph?

Tong
R3204

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This description has nothing to do with what I think of as OSAS.

This is because your thinking is contradictory.

Lip service? Not in the slightest!

Then actually doing something is required.

License to sin? Of course not!

Then actually refraining from certain actions is required.

OSAS is a contradiction, supposing action is not required when it is clearly revealed here in your post.

Last edited:

Corlove13

Apr 30, 2021
Los Angeles
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1 John 5

[A] And Here is the question of foundation.
How many were taught one comes to Believe who He is with the intent to follow?

Or were taught as the foundational principle of being saved:

To trust in what Jesus did to secure your salvation so that you have heaven when you die.

How many use their spouses or significant other just to get what they want and don't want much else to do with them?

Whosoever believeth that Jesus is the Christ is born of God: and every one that loveth him that begat loveth him also that is begotten of him.

2 By this we know that we love the children of God, when we love God, and keep his commandments.

3 For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments: and his commandments are not grievous.

4 For whatsoever is born of God overcometh the world: and this is the victory that overcometh the world, even our faith.

5 Who is he that overcometh the world, but he that believeth that Jesus is the Son of God?

6 This is he that came by water and blood, even Jesus Christ; not by water only, but by water and blood. And it is the Spirit that beareth witness, because the Spirit is truth.

7 For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one.

8 And there are three that bear witness in earth, the Spirit, and the water, and the blood: and these three agree in one.

9 If we receive the witness of men, the witness of God is greater: for this is the witness of God which he hath testified of his Son.

10 He that believeth on the Son of God hath the witness in himself: he that believeth not God hath made him a liar; because he believeth not the record that God gave of his Son.

11 And this is the record, that God hath given to us eternal life, and this life is in his Son.

12 He that hath the Son hath life; and he that hath not the Son of God hath not life.

13 These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God.

14 And this is the confidence that we have in him, that, if we ask any thing according to his will, he heareth us:

15 And if we know that he hear us, whatsoever we ask, we know that we have the petitions that we desired of him. 1 JOHN 5

Reactions: amigo de christo

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Now, may I ask, what do you understand what Paul said in the next verse, as follows “For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works”.? What truth in there strikes you the most?
We were created in Christ to serve a purpose.

He gave Himself for us to redeem us from all lawlessness and to purify for Himself a people for His own possession, zealous for good deeds. Titus 2:14

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Perhaps I will go back and “ Dig Up” some of your previous Posts to show Newbies what you REALLY Believe .....we’ll see if you still feel like “ chuckling” after that....” Dude”.....
You know how to do that, right? If not I'll show you the easiest way to do that. See the problem you have is you are programmed to think that if someone doesn't believe in Osas, particularly your brand of Osas, that has to mean they believe in works salvation. So no matter what I post you will always see it as 'works salvation' even if I explain it to you how it is not. You are literally incapable of thinking any other way. Many Osasers are like that. That's why I consider Osas a cult. But I have talked to some very honest and level headed Osaser's so I'm not broad brushing every single Osaser that way. But you are definitely of the cult mentality that I'm speaking about. Your narrow minded deafness astounds me.

Tong2020

Apr 30, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
Tong2020 said:
Don’t tell me that saved him. Else....
Justification is by believing. Salvation is by confession. What does that mean without that being a works salvation?

For with your heart you believe and are justified, and with your mouth you confess and are saved. Romans 10:10

Very, very few have a good answer for that. Most people can only see it as a works gospel and so they reject it.
So you are saying in effect that he was by his confession? That otherwise he won’t be saved? Well,...good for the thief that he was not mute.

Let’s carry on to the next verses;

Rom.10:11 For the Scripture says, “Whoever believes on Him will not be put to shame.” 12 For there is no distinction between Jew and Greek, for the same Lord over all is rich to all who call upon Him. 13 For “whoever calls on the name of the Lord shall be saved.”

Tong
R3205

Last edited:

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Reactions: BloodBought 1953

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why would not assurance come from walking by the Spirit, or heeding to the words of Christ?
You'll have to ask BB what he means by 'lucky repentance' to understand why I said I do not teach that.

But anyway, yes, assurance does come from walking in/by the Spirit. That's how we see for ourselves that we have the Spirit in salvation. We see Him in how we live. Many Osasers soundly reject this teaching, even though it's clearly taught in the scriptures, because they can only see that as works salvation. They are literally incapable of seeing it any other way. Now, there are some old school Calvin type Osasers who do understand how you live is the evidence of your salvation that you can take comfort and assurance in. But they seem to exist in fewer and fewer numbers these days.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is because your thinking is contradictory.

No, actually that's not it.

Your post describing OSAS has nothing to do with how I understand our eternal life. Nothing at all.

We are born from God, and that is never undone. Our rebirth from God makes us new people, who act differently.

"Lip Service", as you call it, or a profession of faith, but you aren't actually trusting Jesus, well, God of course knows that if it's so. And if someone lies to God, that's not the faith that brings us to Him, that He will recreate us.

But when we truly trust Him, God gives us rebirth, and we become born from His, spirit children who share His nature, alive with Him in His realm, though we likewise inhabit our bodies in this realm. Still, we are hid with Christ in God.

Sin has been condemned in the flesh, and we are reborn spirit.

In saying, "We must have good works", you can of course take that two ways, one, there will as a matter of fact be good works if you are in fact a new person, the other, You have to do good works to be a new person. Or to remain a new person. So the personhood, the child of God, becomes tied to whether you're doing the right things to make it so.

Or being a new person is something done entirely for you by God. And the good works are part of God's gift to you.

Much love!

Reactions: BloodBought 1953

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
no matter what I post you will always see it as 'works salvation' even if I explain it to you how it is not. You are literally incapable of thinking any other way. Many Osasers are like that. That's why I consider Osas a cult.

Agreed. They don’t have the Spirit of the Lord, which is where Liberty will be found. And they certainly do not possess the Fruit of the Spirit!

You know this due to the many name calling posts. They should be ashamed of themselves. People are not saved by having right doctrine.

Believers with different doctrines should be treated as beloved brothers, not enemies because they are not enemies of Christ.

Status
Not open for further replies.