Once Saved Always Saved

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tong2020

Apr 30, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
Tong2020 said:
I did not say it proves anything except that those in v.22, Jesus will say to them “I NEVER KNEW YOU”. If you can’t see what Jesus was saying there, or does not understand what “NEVER” means, or perhaps what “KNEW” means, is something I think only the Holy Spirit can do something about.
So your Jesus never knew them?
My Jesus knows everything!
My Jesus, whom the scriptures speaks and preach about, is the one who said “I never knew you”. Now my Jesus is not a liar and He knows everything and every man. But my Jesus does not have a personal experiential relationship with everybody. I believe in what my Jesus said in scriptures, that He never knew them.

Tong
R3248

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My Jesus, whom the scriptures speaks and preach about, is the one who said “I never knew you”. Now my Jesus is not a liar and He knows everything and every man. But my Jesus does not have a personal experiential relationship with everybody. I believe in what my Jesus said in scriptures, that He never knew them.

Tong
R3248
Thank you so much for saying I can NEVER be unsaved! Wish I could say the same for OSASers!

The Parson

May 13, 2020
East Tennessee, USA
amos8.org
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus didn't do the works He did to earn His resurrection but because He loved His Father and wanted to please Him.
Do you agree...
When you make your bed up...are you earning anything. When you help your mother out by moving the couch is your motive always to earn? Or because you live Her?
So no, all deed are not the same....before the people believed the Source was their natural ability[flesh] to keep the Law.....
But scriptures give the reason why That didn't work. And men would definitely have something to boast about. So it is God who justifies and is the Justifier of all. And all boasting would be in Him.
As Paul said not I but Christ who lives in me
Have you ever heard the saying; "the more you complicate the plumbing, the easier it is to stop up the drain"? The same is true for the Word of the Living God.
And by the same token you are saying Christ made one receive His Gift......So we are all robots with no choices.
Please don't confuse me as a Calvinist, I'm not. No robotics here. Nor as an Armenian, because I'm not a liberalist in my beliefs.

Corlove13

Apr 30, 2021
Los Angeles
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Tong
R3248
But the fact is they knew of Jesus...
And that word [knew]does imply an intimate relationship

Corlove13

Apr 30, 2021
Los Angeles
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Have you ever heard the saying; "the more you complicate the plumbing, the easier it is to stop up the drain"? The same is true for the Word of the Living God.
Please don't confuse me as a Calvinist, I'm not. No robotics here. Nor as an Armenian, because I'm not a liberalist in my beliefs.
Well it's not complicated....only if your foundation....is not Jesus Christ....but an OSAS view...which puts the cart before the Horse. Meaning their foundation is trusting in Something He did, as to "secure heaven when they die" rather than First putting confidence in Him....for regeneration comes before Justification.

It's really as Simple as "Trust Jesus" for who He is, and in Him you will find everything you need including forgiveness of sin.

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A work by any other name would still spell a work. A work, is a work, is a work. And that's what you're relying on. A work...
Even if you want to call it a work, believing is not included in the works that can not justify. It is contrasted with the works that can not justify. That's what the gospel is all about!

Reactions: Corlove13

Tong2020

Apr 30, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
Tong2020 said:
Of course He is talking about knowing them, in terms of personal relationship as also in salvation. For Jesus said He knows His sheep.
Paul said God knew the Galatians. Yet, they fell away. Their example defies everything you are claiming about the strength and surety of God's word and God's faith in a person....

But now that you know God—or rather are known by Godhow is it that you are turning back to those weak and miserable forces d ? Do you wish to be enslaved by them all over again? You are observing special days and months and seasons and years! Galatians 4:9-10
Don't get me wrong. God's word and God's faith is strong and it is sure, but only to the person who retains it.....

As for you, see that what you have heard from the beginning remains in you. If it does, you also will remain in the Son and in the Father. 1 John 2:24
We have been through this already. Paul, who does not have the divine power of knowing the hearts of men, could only presume and take every one who profess belief in Christ to be true converts. Besides, scriptures does not say anything about what became of those Galatians after that. I know we don’t agree on this. So there is no need to argue on that here.

Tong
R3249

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We have been through this already. Paul, who does not have the divine power of knowing the hearts of men, could only presume and take every one who profess belief in Christ to be true converts. I know we don’t agree on this. So there is no need to argue on that here.

Tong
R3249
And so you do not believe the book of Galatians is inspired, then!

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We have been through this already. Paul, who does not have the divine power of knowing the hearts of men, could only presume and take every one who profess belief in Christ to be true converts. Besides, scriptures does not say anything about what became of those Galatians after that. I know we don’t agree on this. So there is no need to argue on that here.

Tong
R3249
I'll take Paul's word over OSASers any day!

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hearing is an action, a verb; work, it is. And this denial of necessary action on our part is at the heart of OSAS.

What you are saying amounts to this, that what we gain by grace we can lose by works.

No. The heart of OSAS is to deny the pre-requisite action, work, necessary BEFORE grace is established.

To double down on this, OSAS invented a time independent forgives for sins yet to be committed.

That OSAS is not universalism reveals the inherent contradiction. Action on our part is necessary for salvation, period. (This necessary action is not ‘works’ as the Bible uses that term).

Tong2020

Apr 30, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
Tong2020 said:
Nope. While we ought to walking by and after the Spirit, it is not so to continue to be forgiven. Rather it is because it is who we are, having been created anew by God in Christ Jesus.
Scripture says differently...
One who has been born from above receives the Spirit.
So one has been Reconciled by His death because they believed........
But as We live on, in this life and now are alive physically....we are continually saved by His resurrected...Life as we continue to walk by His Spirit.

What you are saying is there is no need to repent...you are also saying that Jesus didn't mean what He said....when He said if you confess your sins He is faithful and just to forgive you........What did He say to...His Chosen, if thy people who are called by my name shall seek my face and turn from their wicked ways then will I hear from heaven and forgive their sins.

Under the New Covenant First Peter Speaks of the Baptism that saves us Now....
Not that scriptures says differently. For I got from scriptures. We just have a different reading of scriptures.

<<<What you are saying is there is no need to repent...>>>

I don’t know where you got that.

<<<you are also saying that Jesus didn't mean what He said....when He said if you confess your sins He is faithful and just to forgive you.....>>>

Of course I did not say that nor dare say that here.

Tong2020 said:
Nope. While we ought to walking by and after the Spirit, it is not so to continue to be forgiven. Rather it is because it is who we are, having been created anew by God in Christ Jesus.

I think I'll stick with scriptures

Therefore, my brothers and sisters, make every effort to confirm your calling and election. For if you do these things, you will never stumble,

This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh.

But if we walk in the light as He is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus Christ His Son cleanses us from all sin. … If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness
If you think you need that exhortation, then that is for you. So take it.

Tong
R3250

The Parson

May 13, 2020
East Tennessee, USA
amos8.org
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Status
Not open for further replies.