Once Saved Always Saved

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Abandoned by the one who may have previously had it, is more accurate.
Nope not abondon, never had it. scripture, 2 Peter 2:12 "But these, as natural brute beasts, made to be taken and destroyed, speak evil of the things that they understand not; and shall utterly perish in their own corruption;" (JUST LIKE SO MANY TODAY).
2 Peter 2:13 "And shall receive the reward of unrighteousness, as they that count it pleasure to riot in the day time. Spots they are and blemishes, sporting themselves with their own deceivings while they feast with you;" BINGO. they are not his, (again the wheat and the tares).
2 Peter 2:14 "Having eyes full of adultery, and that cannot cease from sin; beguiling unstable souls: an heart they have exercised with covetous practices; cursed children:" (THERE THEY ARE).
2 Peter 2:15 "Which have forsaken the right way, and are gone astray, following the way of Balaam the son of Bosor, who loved the wages of unrighteousness;"
2 Peter 2:16 "But was rebuked for his iniquity: the dumb ass speaking with man's voice forbad the madness of the prophet."
2 Peter 2:17 "These are wells without water, clouds that are carried with a tempest; to whom the mist of darkness is reserved for ever."
2 Peter 2:18 "For when they speak great swelling words of vanity, they allure through the lusts of the flesh, through much wantonness, those that were clean escaped from them who live in error." (BINGO).
2 Peter 2:19 "While they promise them liberty, they themselves are the servants of corruption: for of whom a man is overcome, of the same is he brought in bondage."
2 Peter 2:20 "For if after they have escaped the pollutions of the world through the knowledge of the Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ, they are again entangled therein, and overcome, the latter end is worse with them than the beginning." (THE PARBLE OF THE SOWER IS CORRECT).
2 Peter 2:21 "For it had been better for them not to have known the way of righteousness, than, after they have known it, to turn from the holy commandment delivered unto them." (THEM NOT US, THE WOLF IN SHEEP CLOTHING. yes, pictured as a christian, but are raving wolves.)
2 Peter 2:22 "But it is happened unto them according to the true proverb, The dog is turned to his own vomit again; and the sow that was washed to her wallowing in the mire."

see the differenct, those, yes, "those that were clean escaped from them who live in error.", and this is the verse for US and not THEM, 1 John 1:7 "But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin." cleanseth ..... WHO? "us". now think, what qualify something for cleasing? answer, it was clean before, and now got dirty. see you don't wash new clean cloths ... do you? no, you clean, or wash clean cloths that got dirty.... and one cannot be washed unless "THEY" want to be washed/clean. the prophet David said it best, Psalms 51:10 "Create in me a clean heart, O God; and renew a right spirit within me.".

as said, God knows, oh yes, he knows. just like the apostle, a hard core sinner, but... 1 Timothy 1:12 "And I thank Christ Jesus our Lord, who hath enabled me, for that he counted me faithful, putting me into the ministry;"
1 Timothy 1:13 "Who was before a blasphemer, and a persecutor, and injurious: but I obtained mercy, because I did it ignorantly in unbelief."
and today, "many do things ignorantly in belief." BINGO.

PICJAG
101G The "Spiritual Saboteur"

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I wish I was talented enough to get my point across on this topic of predestination. If you ask what must be done to be saved, you will get alot of answers, and many will have Biblical backing. But one of the answers is in Matthew 10:22. He that endureth to the end shall be saved.
BINGO, how do one endureth to the end, the answer I gave in post #3, John 14:16 "And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever;" the Comforter is a ..... that's right, a "HELPER". intime of TROUBLE, he HELPS us to endure, and how Long is he helping us? untild the Lord Jesus returns in glorified flesh. My God, he have given us the GREATER ONE, so one will overcome. and he said, Hebrews 12:2 "Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God."
HOLD IT, if Jesus do not finish our Faith then God lied, (God forbid). so we have have the guarantee, and just in case we slip, (never fall), we have the advocate, who is also our intercessor. Romans 8:24 "For we are saved by hope: but hope that is seen is not hope: for what a man seeth, why doth he yet hope for?"
Romans 8:25 "But if we hope for that we see not, then do we with patience wait for it."
Romans 8:26 "Likewise the Spirit also helpeth our infirmities: for we know not what we should pray for as we ought: but the Spirit itself maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered."
Romans 8:27 "And he that searcheth the hearts knoweth what is the mind of the Spirit, because he maketh intercession for the saints according to the will of God."
Romans 8:28 "And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose."

PICJAG

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@101G

The fact that you have to write dozens of paragraphs to explain YOUR position should be a sign to you that your doctrine is unbiblical.

If what you say were biblical, you should be able to just post two or three short verses and call it day.

But you cannot. All false doctrines need books to be written to lay out the complex lie.

CadyandZoe

May 17, 2020
Phoenix
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We are saved the moment we accept the Savior. Sanctification is the process that may never end.
I have come to understand that salvation is a process that takes place over time. And since God is doing the saving and he never gives up, then salvation can never be lost.

Reactions: BloodBought 1953

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sorry folks, I can't go along with this! I know it's a huge argument but the scripture makes it clear that man can lose his salvation through unbelief, that is, no longer believing in Christ for whatever reason and just walking away from Him.

What you call an argument ...is infact a difference of Understanding....
Point by point in Context.

Nowhere does Scripture TEACH a man HAS Receive Salvation of his Soul, and Then The Salvation of his soul was Taken Away.

CadyandZoe

May 17, 2020
Phoenix
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think it's rather simple. When we believe in Christ, accepting Him as our Saviour, we receive the indwelling Holy Spirit.

When we stop believing in what saved us as in Heb. 6 and 10, the indwelling Holy Spirit has been humiliated, and has no choice but to leave.

As I have said before a couple of times, this is a completely different situation than that of a backslider who still believes in Christ but has lost his way.
I would argue that the Holy Spirit never leaves.

Reactions: BloodBought 1953

Charlie24

Feb 24, 2021
Monroe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
PICJA

What you call an argument ...is infact a difference of Understanding....
Point by point in Context.

Nowhere does Scripture TEACH a man HAS Receive Salvation of his Soul, and Then The Salvation of his soul was Taken Away.

It's not taken as in God takes it, they have forfeited it of their own free will.

Just as Ezekiel witnessed the Glory of the Lord departing from the temple, He wasn't wanted anymore and left unwillingly!

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
The more important thing you should consider is that you cannot be born again the third time! There’s no more sacrifice for sins for those who defile the free gift of a new life in Christ.

Exactly! When you are born naturally you cannot be unborn.

And once you are born spiritually you cannot be unborn spiritually.

The sacrifice has been made; the ransom has been paid and we are now new creations and God's children.

Our sin is forgiven - past, present and future - we have been made clean by the blood of Jesus.

And like the father or the prodigal son, if we stray he will welcome us back with open arms. He will never stop being our Father and we will never stop being his children.

Reactions: Pathfinder7

Charlie24

Feb 24, 2021
Monroe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm not trying to place fear in the hearts of anyone, thinking they may lose their salvation.

Our salvation is sure, no one believes in eternal security more than myself.

But one must finish the race as Paul did, "I have fought a good fight, I have finished my course, I have kept the faith."

Our faith is what saved us and our faith keeps us in Christ.

Reactions: amigo de christo

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And once you are born spiritually you cannot be unborn spiritually.

That has nothing to do with the consequences of willful sin after being born again (Hebrews 10:26). Being born again does not give you a pass on willful sins; you will suffer the same penalty, if not worse, than one who never believed.

Luke 12:47
And that servant, which knew his lord's will, and prepared not himself, neither did according to his will, shall be beaten with many stripes.

Our sin is forgiven - past, present and future - we have been made clean by the blood of Jesus.

No scripture exists that says future sins are forgiven. That is utter falsehood.

And like the father or the prodigal son, if we stray he will welcome us back with open arms. He will never stop being our Father and we will never stop being his children.

Sure, but to continue to willfully sin and test God’s patience is not wise. After all, does the parable mention the prodigal erring again? No, it does not.

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm not trying to place fear in the hearts of anyone, thinking they may lose their salvation

Jesus did!

John 15:14
Ye are my friends, if ye do whatsoever I command you.

Luke 12:4-5
And I say unto you my friends, Be not afraid of them that kill the body, and after that have no more that they can do. But I will forewarn you whom ye shall fear: Fear him, which after he hath killed hath power to cast into hell; yea, I say unto you, Fear him.

Charlie24

Feb 24, 2021
Monroe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus did!

John 15:14
Ye are my friends, if ye do whatsoever I command you.

Luke 12:4-5
And I say unto you my friends, Be not afraid of them that kill the body, and after that have no more that they can do. But I will forewarn you whom ye shall fear: Fear him, which after he hath killed hath power to cast into hell; yea, I say unto you, Fear him.

Yes, He certainly did! But I want everyone to know that a continued faith is the battle that we fight.

Christ has won the battle over Satan for us, Satan is a defeated foe.

Our battle is to hold on to our faith that Satan wants to take and does take from some!

We are warned over and over again to hold on to our faith at all costs!

Reactions: amigo de christo

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Where can I find that in the Bible? I can't think of the passage.

:confused:
I do recall reading that. I forget the term but it is possible to sin but not know it is a sin. This is different from knowing something is a sin and doing it anyway.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
That has nothing to do with the consequences of willful sin after being born again (Hebrews 10:26). Being born again does not give you a pass on willful sins; you will suffer the same penalty, if not worse, than one who never believed.

Luke 12:47
And that servant, which knew his lord's will, and prepared not himself, neither did according to his will, shall be beaten with many stripes.

No scripture exists that says future sins are forgiven. That is utter falsehood.

Sure, but to continue to willfully sin and test God’s patience is not wise. After all, does the parable mention the prodigal erring again? No, it does not.

We'll never agree and are wasting our time with this. All the best.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@101G

The fact that you have to write dozens of paragraphs to explain YOUR position should be a sign to you that your doctrine is unbiblical.

If what you say were biblical, you should be able to just post two or three short verses and call it day.

But you cannot. All false doctrines need books to be written to lay out the complex lie.
GINOLJC, to all.
First thanks for the reply, second, the reason why I write a dozen of paragraphs is because of the ignorance of God word to those who write a few paragraphs?..... so, I enlighten you.... now do you have a problem with what I write? if so prove me wrong? .... by the scriptures, it's just that simple.

or is it the fact that what I write reprove and correct those few paragraphs you and others write? is that it?.... thought so.

when people complain about other writing, then they know that they have been reproved, and corrected. when lawyers say, if the FACTS are not on your side attack the character, (BINGO). in religious terms when you don't know what you're talking, throw every excuse at them ... "EXCEPT THE TRUTH", why that... because you don't know the TRUTH to throw it.

GOOD DAY,

PICJAG

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm not trying to place fear in the hearts of anyone, thinking they may lose their salvation.

Our salvation is sure, no one believes in eternal security more than myself.

But one must finish the race as Paul did, "I have fought a good fight, I have finished my course, I have kept the faith."

Our faith is what saved us and our faith keeps us in Christ.
GREAT, finishing the race is why we have a guarantee of Help, we have a helper. and when we fail, he comfort us. the apostle Peter walked with God, the Lord Jesus, seen his miracles, his raising of the dead, healing the sick, yet when he was crucified he went BACK to fishing. did the The dog is turned to his own vomit again? one must understand scripture. or was Peter lost when he denied the Lord 3 thimes? my Question to all these none believers, "IS GOD ARM'S TO SHORT TO SAVE?". and people call themselves ... "BELIEVERS" .. and speak more death and destruction that the devil himself. have you not read,

Romans 8:38 "For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come,"
Romans 8:39 "Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord."

MY God, intead of encourging one another over the finish line, they instead put a stumblock in front of you.

PICJAG

Reactions: Waiting on him

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The power of God in CONFESSION. for BOTH SINNER and "SAINT".

Principle of God, for "SINNERS". God never require a SINNER to confess their sins in order to be saved. no, never, natta, zelch, zero. no, God's requirement of a sinner is to "CONFESS" his Son, JESUS in order to be SAVED.

Principle of God, For "SAINTS". God requires SAINTS to confess theirs sins because they are already saved.

just like the the Godly Principle of LAW and Grace in reference to WORKS. one don't WORK in order to be SAVED, no, one WORK, because they are saved.

these principles of God are in place, one just need to A. KNOW THEM, and B. UNDERSTAND them.

PICJAG

Status
Not open for further replies.