Once Saved Always Saved

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Don't be an idiot.

Such Talk! Better Repent of this hatefulness before you die, lest you be damned....right? You are supposed to “Love your Enemy”

God forbid, but do you need Grace? Nah.....not you....you get your forgiveness by obeying the commandments don’t you ? Lol.....and you call “ Me” an idiot ? ..Hahahahahahaha.....

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Don't be an idiot.

Of course you can judge that thread based on the title; or you can delve deeper into the realities of what I am saying by it.

I actually have not said that people are forgiven because they keep the law; I have said that people will keep the law because they are forgiven, if you take everything that I said in its full context.

Here.

Forgiveness is to those who keep the commandments of the Lord.

I don’t read 90% of what you say....
I am working on the remaining 10% ....you are still effective as a “ Springboard” to get the True Gospel Of Grace out there for Newbies, so I want to be aware of the lies you are posting —- to the smallest extent that I have to....

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How can you just ignore the 'make your calling and election sure' in the passage?

If you are “ Born Again”.....these things, along with anything else that is Required for your Salvation , will be taken care of by God and His Holy Spirit That is Indwelling you...The “ monkey” is on HIS back— HE is the one that promised to “ Save to the UTTERMOST” if you simply came to Him by His Son, Jesus Christ.....of course, we must Persevere with the Trust That saved us in the first place—- oh yeah, He takes care of “ that” too.....

All of these “ Musts” you guys come up with! The only “MUST” that comes to my mind is that you MUST be “Born Again”......we must not confuse “ must” with “ should”...... I’ll have to look into this a little more....did I miss something? I’m typing this off the top of my head....

Corlove13

Apr 30, 2021
Los Angeles
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Lol.....and you guys DONT?...so now we see the latest Refusal to address the Verse that can’t be argued with by any Sane man.... I can argue against every Scripture you present ....Your side has Valid reasons to believe as you do.....you guys aren’t dumb.... I Used to think the same way that you do....you have roughly 200 VERSES that seem to support your view....They ALL have one of two problems—— they are either “ taken out of context” or they “ do not pertain to Members of the Body Of Christ....
200 verses that “ seem” to prove your case is nice.....unfortunately ,the OSAS Side has Double that amount of verses to prove their case.....roughly 400....

Your verses, admit it or not, can be argued with ....throw them out here and I might show you how I can argue against them as far as trying to prove one can lose their Salvation

The verses that OSAS defenders have in their “ Ammo” can’t be debated....they can’t be argued with by people that have a modicum Of common sense.....Nobody can argue with the Verse where Jesus proclaims Believers are ALREADY Saved and can NEVER come under Condemnation.....and what kind of Twisting can make “ this “ Verse invalid—— “ Anybody that ASKS to be Saved WILL BE SAVED” I thank my God that I don’t have to try to prove that that verse doesn’t mean what it clearly means....

God has done His best to show His Children, all that “ Turn to Him” , That they are secure in their Salvation because HE is the One that “ Will Finish what HE started” The Problem the Church World has is that too many are “ self-started” instead of “ God - Started”..... the difference is Heaven or Hell...

The Self Starter “ Changes” .....the God Starter is TRANSFORMED ....you had better learn the difference....
I may not agree with some of the things He says at the end, but always something to study....
Watch "John 5:24 Is Against OSAS" on YouTube

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Don't be an idiot.

Such Talk! Better Repent of this hatefulness before you die, lest you be damned....right? You are supposed to “Love your Enemy”

There was nothing hateful in my heart when I said that to you, friend. It was simply an exhortation. I even typed it with a smile on my face.

God forbid, but do you need Grace? Nah.....not you....you get your forgiveness by obeying the commandments don’t you ? Lol.....and you call “ Me” an idiot ? ..Hahahahahahaha...

No, I did not call you an idiot...I told you not to be one.

I don’t read 90% of what you say....
I am working on the remaining 10% ....you are still effective as a “ Springboard” to get the True Gospel Of Grace out there for Newbies, so I want to be aware of the lies you are posting —- to the smallest extent that I have to....

It's alright, I will still read everything that you say and will respond to those things that require response...because I also want to reach the "newbies"...and desire to stand guard over them so that they will not be deceived by the likes of you.

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
BB"-If Assurance comes from the way we “ act” or in other words- “ Perform” .....how we ever know when our Performance is “ good enough” ....there is ZERO Assurance in that"

Faith works...........by Love
And assurance does come by a Faith that works

Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.

So what is the Cause- Keeping His Words...
What is the outcome- The Father and Son make abode.

Next...................
Romans 8:13
For if ye live after the flesh, ye shall die: but if ye through the Spirit do mortify the deeds of the body, ye shall live.

What is the cause-mortifying the deeds of the flesh.
What is the result- you shall live

Next......................

But if we walk in the light as He is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus Christ His Son cleanses us from all sin
John 1:7

Cause of action-walk in the light
Outcome- the blood of Jesus cleanses

Next............

1 John 3

18Little children, let us love not in word and speech, but in action and truth. 19And by this we will know that we belong to the truth, and will assure our hearts in His presence: 20Even if our hearts condemn us, God is greater than our hearts, and He knows all things.

What in cause of action- love in action and truth
What is the out come- assures our hearts in His

We don’t “ clean the house “ and then invite Him in.....we invite Him in and HE cleans the house....

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you are “ Born Again”.....these things, along with anything else that is Required for your Salvation , will be taken care of by God and His Holy Spirit That is Indwelling you...The “ monkey” is on HIS back— HE is the one that promised to “ Save to the UTTERMOST” if you simply came to Him by His Son, Jesus Christ.....of course, we must Persevere with the Trust That saved us in the first place—- oh yeah, He takes care of “ that” too.....

All of these “ Musts” you guys come up with! The only “MUST” that comes to my mind is that you MUST be “Born Again”......we must not confuse “ must” with “ should”...... I’ll have to look into this a little more....did I miss something? I’m typing this off the top of my head....
None of this matters if you aren't saved in the first place and you only think you are saved. That's why the Bible tells us to make our calling and election sure. You constantly rant against fake believers in the church, so you should know the importance of this. You don't just know you are saved because you think so, or because you say so. The Bible tells us, specifically, how we can know for sure we are saved. And it has nothing to do with what you push. You're focused on 'once you are saved you are always saved' while the Bible is focused on 'make sure you're believing and really saved and ready to meet Jesus when he comes back'.

Reactions: Corlove13

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
All of these “ Musts” you guys come up with! The only “MUST” that comes to my mind is that you MUST be “Born Again”......we must not confuse “ must” with “ should”...... I’ll have to look into this a little more....did I miss something?
Yes, you missed these.....

Whoever claims to abide in Him must walk as Jesus walked. 1 John 2:6

He must turn from evil and do good; he must seek peace and pursue it. 1 Peter 3:11

“Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord must turn away from iniquity.” 2 Timothy 2:19

Reactions: Corlove13

Corlove13

Apr 30, 2021
Los Angeles
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Blood Bought"-If Assurance comes from the way we “ act” or in other words- “ Perform” .....how we ever know when our Performance is “ good enough” ....there is ZERO Assurance in that" [/QUOTE said:
Faith works...........by Love
And assurance does come by a Faith that works

Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.

So what is the Cause- Keeping His Words...
What is the outcome- The Father and Son make abode.

Next...................
Romans 8:13
For if ye live after the flesh, ye shall die: but if ye through the Spirit do mortify the deeds of the body, ye shall live.

What is the cause-mortifying the deeds of the flesh.
What is the result- you shall live

Next......................

But if we walk in the light as He is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus Christ His Son cleanses us from all sin
John 1:7

Next............

1 John 3

18Little children, let us love not in word and speech, but in action and truth. 19And by this we will know that we belong to the truth, and will assure our hearts in His presence: 20Even if our hearts condemn us, God is greater than our hearts, and He knows all things.

What in cause of action- love in action and truth
What is the out come- assures our hearts in His pressence

Bloodbought We don’t “ clean the house “ and then invite Him in.....we invite Him in and HE cleans the house...
You think the way you can have assurance is the doctrine of OSAS.....and I just pointed out How you have assurance with the scriptures above.

In Sanctification-which you are showing you do not see-
One lives in right relations to JESUS our Lord, King and Master. This brings about the right ways of thinking, right way how we feel,
right habits..etc...that we Do what is right.

Its the cleaning on the inside that the deed match up on the outside by what we do.

So we are interactive...many times when God saved(protected) Israel it was because they obeyed...look at the Story of Asa and How they afterwards
lived in peace.....And it was in their current Life on earth...........

As eternal life is about "Zoe" Vibrant life
If you put away the deeds of the flesh by the spirit and you shall "live"
Why is that? because through the Spirit you walk in His statutes...That is what is pleasing to God and How we have a relationship, Now on earth........[eternal life]

That is why the brother earlier mentioned the scripture in Duet and underline Heart.....
A heart of clay is able to be molded...

Last edited:

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think he is trusting God. He gets a little cranked up at times, but he understands trusting God.
The thing about @Blood Bought 1953 is that he often parrots good teachings that he has heard; however, those teachings have not really made their way down into his heart so that they have changed his life.

Maybe I have three fingers pointing back at me; but I see in him an arrogant and prideful spirit that is carried away by presumption that he is forgiven even without a heart that fears the Lord. He is mistaken in this and I fear for him that he is going to find that he was not forgiven at all when he stands before the Lord in judgment. Because his heart attitude was not truly an attitude of faith. Since there is no fear of the Lord in his attitude (see Hebrews 11:7).

Even as it is written that Israel had faith but that Egypt, which presumptuously followed after Israel because they saw them traverse the Red Sea, attempted to also do so and were drowned (Hebrews 11:29).

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think he is trusting God. He gets a little cranked up at times, but he understands trusting God.
Not quite. He's got some tweaking to do in that department. His view of the Christian trusting God is you staggering around a room drunk and relying on everybody around you to keep you out of trouble and you taking no responsibility for your own behavior. He calls it 'dead works' if you do anything about your behavior and don't let change happen by itself.

Last edited:

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Nobody can argue with the Verse where Jesus proclaims Believers are ALREADY Saved and can NEVER come under Condemnation.....and what kind of Twisting can make “ this “ Verse invalid
BELIEVERS,BB, BELIEVERS. Not unbelievers, not those who quit believing. The promise is for BELIEVERS. BELIEVERS are the ones who are saved and will never come into condemnation. This phony 'Christian' you created that goes back to unbelief but is still saved is actually the twisting that makes John 5:24 invalid. You don't even realize you're actually the one who is twisting that verse, not us.

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The thing about @Blood Bought 1953 is that he often parrots good teachings that he has heard; however, those teachings have not really made their way down into his heart so that they have changed his life.

Maybe I have three fingers pointing back at me; but I see in him an arrogant and prideful spirit that is carried away by presumption that he is forgiven even without a heart that fears the Lord. He is mistaken in this and I fear for him that he is going to find that he was not forgiven at all when he stands before the Lord in judgment. Because his heart attitude was not truly an attitude of faith. Since there is no fear of the Lord in his attitude (see Hebrews 11:7).

Even as it is written that Israel had faith but that Egypt, which presumptuously followed after Israel because they saw them traverse the Red Sea, attempted to also do so and were drowned (Hebrews 11:29).

It takes the rod for a child to begin to fear displeasing his parent. But no one would say a one year old should get the rod. So let him practice trust and build up his trust anytime you can, and leave the rest to God.

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not quite. He's got some tweaking to do in that department. His view of the Christian trusting God is you staggering around a room drunk and relying on everybody around you to keep you out of trouble and you taking no responsibility for your own behavior. He calls it 'dead works' if you do anything about your behavior and don't let change happen by itself.

I agree more than him than with you. A leopard can’t change his spots, no matter how hard he might try.

The outside of the cup looking good is just that. The problem springs from the inside of the cup and you can’t fix that. Only God can fix that and He does it through trust.

Reactions: BloodBought 1953
Status
Not open for further replies.