Once Saved, Always Saved?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I’m not talking about these. I’m talking about those who are of us, and then fall away.

Not so.

And the verses you quoted don’t say “neither willful sin” can separate us; because they can (Hebrews 10:26).

Acting on and meditating on a lust to indulge in sin in this temporal world is strictly forbidden in scripture.

This is the danger of the doctrine of Once Saved Always Saved.

You are blindly including...Believers, Christian, Converted...
Into one lump...”us”.
People are individuals, grow, age, mature, exercise their freewill, pick and choose, what and when.

No one that IS SAVED, can lose their Salvation!
Everyone that IS NOT SAVED, is able to lose their Salvation.

PinSeeker

Oct 4, 2021
Nashville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
“You are nullify the scriptures I just posted”
It’s hopeless Lord.
All things are possible with God. :) This is actually the whole point, and you just don't get it. But again, all things are possible with God.

Grace and peace to you.

PinSeeker

Oct 4, 2021
Nashville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Into one lump...”us”.
Preach it, Taken! :) This is exactly the iron-headed conflation I've been talking about.

Right;

Well, but only because... the don't have it. Even if they are with us, they are not of us, and if they fall away, it will be because they were never of us. Just like John says in 1 John 2. Right.

Grace and peace to you, Taken.

Reactions: Taken

PinSeeker

Oct 4, 2021
Nashville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How do you lose something you don’t have?
Exactly. See my response to Taken immediately above.

LOL! You deny, deny, deny, and then you affirm it. And then you deny it, and then you affirm it, and then... :) Do you have... multiple personalities? :D I'm kidding, of course. Well, kind of, anyway. :D

Grace and peace to you.

Reactions: ChristisGod

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How do you lose something you don’t have?

Hey, you lost my keys!

I didn’t have your keys!

Who had them last?

Don’t matter, you lost them!

Gave you point by point.
Hey you won a car...tax, title, license, free, free, free it’s yours....
Oh you have to come and take it!
Boo boo, you din’t come and take it, missed the DEAD-line.
Boo boo, you lost YOUR car...!

Not difficult to understand.

Reactions: ChristisGod

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Preach it, Taken! :) This is exactly the iron-headed conflation I've been talking about.

Right;

Well, but only because... the don't have it. Even if they are with us, they are not of us, and if they fall away, it will be because they were never of us. Just like John says in 1 John 2. Right.

Grace and peace to you, Taken.

Ever hear someone say....uh, I use to be a Christian?

That is someone who went to a Christian Church, Carnally Mindfully said “I believe”!! Was dipped in water, and then decided they didn’t believe.
Thereafter CLAIM, they Used to be a Christian, WAS BAPTIZED...
And QUIT!

That is utter SHAME upon God, running around SAYING in essence...
THEY received the HS, and the HS FAILED THEM!

God is not ignorant. Guessing humm, is this person HEARTFULLY
Confessing BELIEF....or trying to get a date with some gal who will not date him less he is baptized...as such stupid things people do!

There are articles of men who wanted to go to college. Daddy wouldn’t pay less they go to Theology College....oh, okay, freebie education.
They get a Pastoral job, making a living, have a hearty congregation, lovely wife, children, Preach for years...then Bam...announce, THEY NEVER BELIEVED! .... or to the more extreme, leave their wife and have a relationship with another man...

LIARS and FALSE Preachers. And by the looks of some modern churches, they are merely a business, where everyone can come and feel good about themselves.

Seems God saying HIS HOUSE shall be a house of prayer, is out of vogue in these modern days! :oops:

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God does not and has NOT changed.

He still requires faith, obedience, worship, a study of his word, time spent in prayer, a love among the brethren, sharing the gospel with the unbelieving, and walking in his will !

This way is NOT easy for if it were, all that claim to believe would be a great number.

Satan is sitting back sipping on his favorite drink, while the BELIEVERS tear and rend each other with nothing less than the sword of the word!

Reactions: amigo de christo

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Boo boo, you din’t come and take it, missed the DEAD-line.

Lord, it’s hopeless…

“when the overflowing scourge shall pass through, it shall not come unto us: for we have made lies our refuge, and under falsehood have we hid ourselves” (Isaiah 28:15)

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ever hear someone say....uh, I use to be a Christian?

That is someone who went to a Christian Church, Carnally Mindfully said “I believe”!! Was dipped in water, and then decided they didn’t believe.
Thereafter CLAIM, they Used to be a Christian, WAS BAPTIZED...
And QUIT!

That is utter SHAME upon God, running around SAYING in essence...
THEY received the HS, and the HS FAILED THEM!

God is not ignorant. Guessing humm, is this person HEARTFULLY
Confessing BELIEF....or trying to get a date with some gal who will not date him less he is baptized...as such stupid things people do!

There are articles of men who wanted to go to college. Daddy wouldn’t pay less they go to Theology College....oh, okay, freebie education.
They get a Pastoral job, making a living, have a hearty congregation, lovely wife, children, Preach for years...then Bam...announce, THEY NEVER BELIEVED! .... or to the more extreme, leave their wife and have a relationship with another man...

LIARS and FALSE Preachers. And by the looks of some modern churches, they are merely a business, where everyone can come and feel good about themselves.

Seems God saying HIS HOUSE shall be a house of prayer, is out of vogue in these modern days! :oops:
Is that something like I use to be a human but now I’m not :)

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It’s what some believe...Have even met young Catholics, who have said they were born Catholic. Snicker.
Well once you are burn you cannot become unborn . Being born again is permanent. One cannot be a Christian unless they are born again if the spirit of God. So if one is a born again Christian it’s eternal . Like you said if one walks away they never were in the first place as John says in his epistle. If they were of us they would of remained with us but since they left they were never of us .

1 John 2:19
They went out from us, but they did not really belong to us. For if they had belonged to us, they would have remained with us; but their going showed that none of them belonged to us.

Reactions: Taken

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
www.CheeseburgersWithGod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@ScottA
@PinSeeker

Try to read these scriptures without any biases:

“I therefore, the prisoner of the Lord, beseech you that ye walk worthy of the vocation wherewith ye are called,” (Ephesians 4:1)

“So that we ourselves glory in you in the churches of God for your patience and faith in all your persecutions and tribulations that ye endure: Which is a manifest token of the righteous judgment of God, that ye may be counted worthy of the kingdom of God, for which ye also suffer:” (2 Thessalonians 1:4-5)

You have to prove yourself worthy of the free gift you received from Christ. It’s crystal clear! How many other ways must the truth be showed to you?!

This is why Jesus said:

“But he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved.” (Matthew 24:13)

Or else:

“The wedding is ready, but they which were bidden were not worthy.” (Matthew 22:8)
Context.

Paul does not say he is free, but a prisoner--he was a priest of the old order not yet fully free in Christ. Does that make him unworthy to preach any less than John the Baptists or any of the apostles before receiving the Holy Spirit? Having received the Holy Spirit, does he even yet know all things? He said he did not. But that all raises a multitude of questions--I get that. But the answer and the truth are not misrepresented, only misunderstood in full. And no, I do not accuse Paul, except that it would be wrong to assume that he had arrived when he said he had not. Again this does not change the truth--but it does define the context, and this you are not taking into account.

Paul and the rest of the apostles--the authors of the New Testament scriptures including the ones you consider prooftexts, were born in the former age before salvation had come, lived on the cusp, preached to those of the Jews who were subject to the same issues of those times and that evil generation, and they died about the time that some of the promises of Christ were just coming to fruition. In fact, one might go so far as to say that "all truth" as promised by Christ had already come to them--but it cannot be said that they preached it or successfully conveyed it to the church, as it is obvious we still suffer from the lack thereof.

What was still present during those times must decrease, but all truth must increase.

So, we who see things as we do, which would appear against those scriptures--we do not disagree with you. But we have heard further on the matter, just as it was suppose to occur during these times as arranged by Christ--not that we should even agree, but that we should also expect the sword He also promised. This I do not say against the scriptures, but for them, not just part but all, which I have just eluded to. But also with the precedence that Paul, who began to reveal long obscure mysteries, did so even appearing to be against the other apostles--just as we now appear to be against you our brothers, but are not. And now, like Peter who acknowledged that much of what Paul preached was hard to understand--you have a choice to cut off the ears of those who oppose you, or understand that this was to be, and that it is better to acknowledge that some "press on" with things difficult to understand--even if you do not, not because they are wrong, but because these things that were before mysteries were not to be revealed until these times in accordance with the promises of Christ.

Last edited:

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well once you are burn you cannot become unborn . Being born again is permanent. One cannot be a Christian unless they are born again if the spirit of God. So if one is a born again Christian it’s eternal . Like you said if one walks away they never were in the first place as John says in his epistle. If they were of us they would of remained with us but since they left they were never of us .

1 John 2:19
They went out from us, but they did not really belong to us. For if they had belonged to us, they would have remained with us; but their going showed that none of them belonged to us.

Agree...with exception...Anyone can call themselves a Christian, whether or not they are born again.

Christ-ian ~ ian meaning relating to.
Born Again ~ is being IN Christ, Gods Spirit IN the man.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Into one lump...”us”.
People are individuals, grow, age, mature, exercise their freewill, pick and choose, what and when.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God does not and has NOT changed.

He still requires faith, obedience, worship, a study of his word, time spent in prayer, a love among the brethren, sharing the gospel with the unbelieving, and walking in his will !

This way is NOT easy for if it were, all that claim to believe would be a great number.

Satan is sitting back sipping on his favorite drink, while the BELIEVERS tear and rend each other with nothing less than the sword of the word!
What we love is whose we are . And love and obediance cannot be seperated .
HE who loves ME , OBEYS , DOES , KEEPS my sayings . Your right dear sister .
And if one has the Spirit then its a JOY to do the things of the LORD . The flesh is the nightmare , we must crucify daily .
Let all that draws breath praise the glorious Lord .

Ezra

Dec 27, 2018
Missouri
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
what Gods standard is..'BE PERFECT"
are you perfect...that word means complete which is our wip in progress in being sanctified we grow in the grace and knowledge as new born babes desire the sincere milk of the word. we then progress to strong meat and each one of us are at a different level of growth .being changed from glory to glory . if there is no change then odds are no salvation :eek:

Reactions: L.A.M.B.