Once Saved, Always Saved?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What is a sinful life of mankind?

Rejection and rebelling against God ,going against his word, failing to walk in obedience as the Spirit reveals to us, ANY sin unconfessed before God that a person has been convicted of, keeps us from a relationship with Him.

Not acknowledging Jesus as the Son and God,will keep us separate , for He is the only way to the Father since his sacrifical payment of our sin debt. We cannot pay it in any way,it cannot be bought,worked for by the traditions of man,but must be received by a contrite and broken hearted man.

There is NO magic formula or 12 steps to the GIFT of salvation. It simply must be accepted according to his word in faith by GRACE!

Last edited:

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No.

A submitted man is NOT required (MUST) study the word of God.
A submitted man IS NOT required (MUST) KEEP STUDYING TO STAY, IN HIS WILL.

* A submitted man IS a Converted man, effected by the mans TRUE Submission/ Heartful Confession, effected by Gods Works of Converting the man.
* Gods WILL in this case IS several THINGS.

1) Gods Will that a man Freely and Willingly Heartfully CHOOSE HIM.
...that is accomplished BY the man WHO has Confessed, (submitted).
2) Gods Will is searching the mans HEART, that his submission, his confession, IS from the mans TRUE HEARTS thoughts.
3) Gods Will is God Accepting a mans TRUE HEARTS “Confession”.
4) God Will is God Rejecting a mans Minds “Confession”
5) Gods Acceptance, is followed by Gods Forgiveness.
6) Gods Forgiveness, is followed by Gods WORKS IN the man.
7) Gods Will IS thus Accomplished IN that man.
8) Gods WILL, (as a RECORD of Gods INHERITANCE), thereafter, IS:
9 a) The mans NAME, REMAINS (not blotted out), IN Gods BOOK of Life.
9 b) The mans NAME, ENTERED and REMAINS IN the Lambs BOOK of LIFE, (once entered, can never be blotted out).
10) Gods INHERITANCE, the Lambs INHERITANCE...IS ALL men Whose NAMES are WRITTEN IN “THE BOOKS”.
11) The Lambs INHERITANCE...(are the Lambs saints), who shall ENTER INTO the Lambs Earthly Kingdom, with Him, for 1,000 years.
12) Gods INHERITANCE...ARE ALL the SAVED. (are Gods saints), (and the Lambs saints) who shall ENTER INTO (live, abide, exist alive forever) IN the Lord Gods WHOLE Earthly and Heavenly KINGDOM...(AFTER the 1,000 years of the Lambs Earthly Kingdom).

13)....and IN THAT DAY...
Heaven and Earth have been MADE, uncorrupted.
Heaven and Earth are no longer DIVIDED, the Barrier OPENED.
Defiant Mortal men no longer exist... MADE, again Dust.
Defiant angels, (Demons)...no longer have Access to the Heavens, or to the face of the Earth.
Men MADE Converted...shall inhabit the face of the Earth.
Men MADE Converted...shall BE WITH and shall SEE, their Lord God as He is.
Men MADE Converted...Forever the Lord God SHALL BE THIER God.
Men MADE Converted...Forever the man SHALL BE Gods son.

* The Lord Jesus, Gods Salvation, was sent TO EARTH, TO give HIS bodily life, FOR the LIFE of the World.
* The Life of the World, IS every mans Bodily Life.
* The Lord GIVING HIS bodily life...FOR the LIFE of the World...
IS precisely, an exchange of GIVING HIS LIFE...FOR the mans LIFE.

* Jesus..GAVE His BODILY LIFE....willingly...they came for Him, He willingly went with them...they marched Him to the site...He willingly went with them...they nailed Him to the cross...He willing complied.
* MEN FREELY, (by THEIR OWN Choice, not coaxed, not threatened, not forced, not an other supposedly doing it FOR them) WILLINGLY Comply TO GIVE THEIR BODILY LIFE “unto death”, BY Freely, willingly, CONFESSING, TRUE HEARTFUL BELIEF IN the Lord God. (Not only God, Not only the Lord).

* THAT OFFER...TO BECOME MADE “Converted” was NOT OFFERED ALL men on EARTH BEFORE the Lord Jesus Bodily Arrived ON EARTH.
* But WAS OFFERED...Jesus’ LIFE...for Man’s LIFE...(John 6:51)
* THAT OFFER...was EXPRESSLY Offered ALL men on EARTH...AFTER the Lord Jesus’ Body Arrived ON Earth.....AND AFTER....the Lord Jesus BEGAN HIS Ministry....
speaking His truths, choosing His Disciples, teaching ANY willing to hear, preaching ANY willing to hear. Expressly REVEALING, His Offering, and
HOW ANY freely, willing, heartfully confessing individual, COULD RECEIVE His OFFERING.........
THEN, NOW.........BEFORE the individuals PHYSICAL BODILY DEATH.

Some...INDIVIDUAL men...Have heard, read, verified, Exactly what the Lord God OFFERED, and the Lord GAVE, and HOW TO follow the “requirement....WHICH IS Precisely; ACCORDING TO Gods Truth, WAY, LIFE”... ”in ORDER”, TO RECEIVE Gods OFFERING......NOW.

* AN individual man, WHO HAS, completed the entire REQUIRED (According to Gods) “ORDER and WAY”....IS the same individual man, WHO HAS acknowledged Jesus Freely gave HIS LIFE ONCE, and Requires a man to Freely GIVE his own Life ONCE...and has DONE SO.

^ THAT IS THE WHOLE of what an individual man HAS DONE,
And the LORD GOD HAS DONE....for that individual to CLAIM...
* HE IS: Forgiven of his SIN AGAINST the Lord God, of HAVING HAD Disbelief.
* HE IS: Forgiven of his SIN of HAVING Corrupted his soul, that which belongs to God, has Gods breath of life in his soul.
* He IS; MADE Forgiven by God, OF all the unrighteousness of man have HAD Disbelief, and NO LONGER Disbelieve.
* He IS; MADE Forgiven by God, OF Corrupting his soul, and GOD MAKES his soul, RESTORED, back to very good, as it was ON THE DAY, God blew His Breath of Life INTO that man, thus SAVING that mans soul, ALIVE forever, WITH Gods Uncorrupted, and VERY GOOD, Breath of Life.
* His HEART; is MADE circumcised, his OLD natural corrupt truth, CUT OFF, given a NEW Heart, by the Power of God.

* He IS: MADE Quickened, (Born Again) by the POWER (HS) of GOD, who SENDS GODS SEED, INTO the mans new Heart.
* WHAT Born Again IS....IS the natural mans natural spirit, which is a natural mans natural truth in his heart...By a mans Natural SEED....
TO a spiritual spirit, which is a spiritual truth, which is GODS SPIRIT of GOD TRUTH, which IS God MAKING a mans spiritual truth.....Gods Spiritual Truth.
Effected...BY Gods SEED, Entering the mans new Heart, BY the POWER of God.

* SUCH claim of a man....is BASED entirely on what a man HAS DONE, and the Lord God Faithfully RESPONDING by HIS WORKS, according to what a man HAS DONE.

Some men WILL claim, they are Saved.
Some men WILL claim, they are Born Again.
Some men WILL claim, they are a Born Again Christian.
Some men WILL claim, they are Converted IN Christ.
Some men WILL claim, they are Baptized IN/WITH the Holy Spirit.
Some men WILL claim, the Holy Spirit Dwells IN them.
Some men WILL claim, they are Saved, Born Again, ONCE and Forever.
(Ie or shortened to an acronym OSAS).
Some men WILL claim, they are Sealed unto God.
Some men WILL claim, they are a son of God.
Some men WILL claim, they can NEVER again SIN.
Some men WILL claim, they are FOREVER FORGIVEN their Sin.
Some men WILL claim, they are, washed, sanctified, covered, justified.
Some men WILL claim, they are FREED from Sin.
Some men WILL claim, they are Perfect-ED IN Christ.
Some men WILL claim, Forever they are WITH the Lord God.
Some men WILL claim, Forever the Lord God IS WITH them.

EVERYONE of ^ THOSE claims, ARE TRUE and APPLIES to a man WHO “IS” Converted “IN” Christ.

A man WHO CLAIMS....
I believe.
I am a Christian.
I am a True Christian.
I am a Gentile.
I am a Jew.
I go to a Church.
I was Baptized in Water.
I confessed with my Minds thoughts.
I confessed, but didn’t mean it.
I received the HS Because some one else decided, spoke for me.
I believed, was Baptized in Water, quit Believing.
I CAN SIN.
I must DO WORKS to be saved and kept saved.

Everyone of ^ THOSE claims, APPLIES to a man WHO says it. NONE of ^ THOSE have Followed Gods ORDER and WAY, to RECEIVE Conversion.
NONE of THOSE ^ ARE Converted>Saved>Born Again>Have Gods Holy Spirit “IN” them.

A man WHO CLAIMS...
I Believe.

THAT ^ is a man WHO HAS Gods Holy Spirit....”WITH” him, but not “IN” Him.
THAT ^ is a man WHO “IF” he CONTINUES (Ie ENDURES), KEEPS Believing, to the DAY he physically dies.
On the DAY he physically dies...
THEN THAT man SHALL BE SAVED.

A BABY, CAN NOT reason or cognitively Know Gods Word, TO KNOW, what a God is, let alone WHO God is, OR What Gods Order and Way is.
A BABY, that dies, God Searches their Heart, (as all /. Aq earts are Searched by God), and SHALL SAVE that BABY, on the day it dies.
The SAME APPLIES, to a child, adult, WHO also can not reason or cognitively know what Gods Word IS.

KNOW WHAT God Requires According to HIS ORDER and WAY.
Listen to “exactly” what men claim for themselves.

@Bible Highlighter

Feel better after you tirade of words for that is ALL you said.
I stand by, in and for God's word.
I have never, to my knowledge attacked the person behind their belief in OSAS!

AS A MATTER OF FACT, PLEASE SOMEONE WHO IS HUMBLE,SUBMITTED TO GOD, AND WALKS IN HIS WORD EXPLAIN THE DOCTRINE OF OSAS.
NOT BY PICKING OUT KEY PHRASES BUT FROM HIS WORD IN CONTEXT THAT YOU CAN NEVER FAIL AND BE REJECTED BY GOD OR YOURSELF REJECT HIM AFTER SALVATION.

Do NOT use the pat answer well " they never were of us nor no man can pluck them out of my hand, not lost none the Father has given me".......
Thanks!

Reactions: amigo de christo

Ezra

Dec 27, 2018
Missouri
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
even though i bowed out of this due to some silly unbiblical remarks . this will never be settled even though i lean towards/eternal security , any one using it or living how they want and proclaim salvation ..was never saved nor do i buy into we can not sin there can be good discussions come from this.. but i still see fleshly remarks

Ezra

Dec 27, 2018
Missouri
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

AS A MATTER OF FACT, PLEASE SOMEONE WHO IS HUMBLE,SUBMITTED TO GOD, AND WALKS IN HIS WORD EXPLAIN THE DOCTRINE OF OSAS.
NOT BY PICKING OUT KEY PHRASES BUT FROM HIS WORD IN CONTEXT THAT YOU CAN NEVER FAIL AND BE REJECTED BY GOD OR YOURSELF REJECT HIM AFTER SALVATION.

Do NOT use the pat answer well " they never were of us nor no man can pluck them out of my hand, not lost none the Father has given me".......
Thanks!
if you want to limit scriptures there can be no discussion

Reactions: BloodBought 1953

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
OSAS is all about a person thinking they can sin and still be saved on some level.

False.

It's about justifying sin

False. It’s about Forgiven Sin and Gods Justifying a man by, through, of Gods Grace, Power, Works Forgiving and Converting a man.

Hebrews 11:24-25
“By faith Moses, when he was come to years, refused to be called the son of Pharaoh's daughter; Choosing rather to suffer affliction with the people of God, than to enjoy the pleasures of sin for a season;”

Moses was NOT Offered or Given Salvation while physically alive in his flesh. Moses was under the Law. Men under the Law, made a yearly pilgrimage to the Temple to offer their “sin offering”. They giving their “sin offering” in the Temple “according to the order and way of God”, they would receive forgiveness for their whole years past sins.
Sin under the Law, was according to the Law. Violation of the law, was a sin. Because The Law was Gods Word, and ALL had agreed to obey, thus when they did not obey, they were Against God.

Reactions: mailmandan

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Rejection and rebelling against God ,going against his word, failing to walk in obedience as the Spirit reveals to us, ANY sin unconfessed before God that a person has been convicted of, keeps us from a relationship with Him.

Thank you.
A man that can do those things is not Converted. He is not quickened, to fail to walk in the Spirit. He fails to walk in the Spirit, because the Spirit of God is NOT IN him.

Not acknowledging Jesus as the Son and God,will keep us separate , for He is the only way to the Father since his sacrifical payment of our sin debt. We cannot pay it in any way,it cannot be bought,worked for by the traditions of man,but must be received by a contrite and broken hearted man.

How great is the LOVE of one for an other, that one will lay down his LIFE for the other?
Jesus laid down His Life...that is how much we know He LOVES US.
A converted man lays down his life...that is how much the Lord God KNOWS, we LOVE him.
Men HAD to physically DIE, in Belief, before they could be saved.
** We were given a BETTER Testament. (Heb 7:22)
We Can be Spiritually Crucified WITH Christ, and become saved THEN.
** We are appointed to DIE “ONCE”.
A man who physically dies ONCE, (in belief), SHALL be saved.
A man who is crucified with Christ, dies ONCE, and IS saved.

There is NO magic formula or 12 steps to the GIFT of salvation. It simply must be accepted according to his word in faith by GRACE!

Nope, not magic. TO Receive Salvation NOW...
Yes there is an Order and Way according to God.
You must be naturally born.
You must believe in your heart.
You must confess your belief in your heart.
You must repent of having HAD disbelief.
You must freely, willingly lay down your life For your belief in God.

Gods Works does the Conversion.
That man IS not subject to Wrath.
That man IS not subject to ever being separated from the Lord God.

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Doesn't say we can't forsake God.

Does not have to mention anything.....look up the word, “ NEVER”...

Later Jesus says that “ NOTHING IN THE FUTURE “ can cause you to escape the Grasp Of God....While you are in the Dictionary , look up that word “ Nothing” also......” Nothing” would include any Future move on you part once you became a Believer...

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Thanks!

I have already done this.....many times.....nobody ever responds because they can’t....it’s John5:24...

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Does not have to mention anything.....look up the word, “ NEVER”...

Later Jesus says that “ NOTHING IN THE FUTURE “ can cause you to escape the Grasp Of God....While you are in the Dictionary , look up that word “ Nothing” also......” Nothing” would include any Future move on you part once you became a Believer...
A license to sin indeed!

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A license to sin indeed!

If your intelligence and self- insight were not so limited, you would see that YOU and your confused ilk can ALSO sin with abandon and still make it to Heaven.....Sin up a storm if you choose! All YOUR deluded group has to do is Commit any Sin that you like and as long as you remember to Repent Of it before you die , why, heck—— you are Good to Go!

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If your intelligence and self- insight were not so limited, you would see that YOU and your confused ilk can ALSO sin with abandon and still make it to Heaven.....Sin up a storm if you choose! All YOUR deluded group has to do is Commit any Sin that you like and as long as you remember to Repent Of it before you die , why, heck—— you are Good to Go!
You see folks, OSASers MUST hurl personal insults and judge nonOSASers as unsaved! That's all they have since they have ZERO Scripture to back OSAS!

Did you figure out which OSASer made this Satanic comment?

"Salvation is a gift ..."God's gifts are without recall"

If I died when I didn't believe I would have gone to Heaven because There Was One Time That I Did Believe ..... That's all it takes ....."

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What’s the matter with me? Why do I keep forgetting that this guy is not fit to talk to...I’ve posted the verse many, many times.....he just CAN’T be serious...
More OSAS doctrine, personal insults! I quote Scriptures all the time. Why don't you?

mailmandan

Feb 24, 2020
The Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In order to be consistent with Once Saved Always Saved, if nothing can separate you from God (whether it be one sin vs. a thousand sins), then it means you can sin as much as you want.
I see a lot of eisegesis in your posts and your theology does basically leave everyone doomed! “Sin all you want” is the common straw man argument from the NOSAS camp. I believe God’s word in Romans 8:30-39, but apparently you don’t.

For where is the line drawn? Two sins a week? Fives sins a month? Remember, it only took one sin for the Fall of mankind to happen and not many sins. Eve bought into the serpent’s lie that she could disobey God’s command and not die. This same lie by the devil is pushed in Eternal Security or OSAS. For the devil said that they would not die, but God said they would.
You sound like an advocate for “sinless perfection.”

Again, your labels do not exist and nor are they descriptive to any truth found in the Bible.
Says you.

Hebrews 12:14 says that without holiness no man shall see the Lord.
The NASB reads - Pursue peace with all men, and the sanctification without which no one will see the Lord. (Hebrews 12:14). Without justification, there is no sanctification. This is not about striving to obtain "enough" personal holiness (practically speaking) in order to merit salvation based on our performance, which does seem to tickle your ears.

In the very next verse (Hebrews 12:15) we read - See to it that no one comes short of the grace of God.. (NASB) The ESV reads - ..fails to obtain the grace of God. That puts things into perspective here.

To justify even one sin with the thinking one is saved is turning God’s grace into a license for immorality. All liars will have their part in the Lake of Fire and not just some according to Revelation 21:8.
The book of Jude describes turning the grace of God into a license for immorality as not descriptive of genuine believers. Back to “holier than thou” and “sinless perfection.” So who has never once told a lie? Apart from the righteousness of God which is by faith (Romans 4:5-6; Philippians 3:9) we would all be liars in the eyes of God because our sins remain and we stand clothed in our own filthy rags of righteousness. (Isaiah 64:6)

So believers need to confess and forsake sin in order to have mercy (See: Proverbs 28:13). You are not automatically forgiven of future sin because you need to confess of sin in order to be forgiven of sin according to 1 John 1:9.
So forsake all sins and become sinless in order to remain saved in the future? Do believers need to confess each and every sin that they commit as they commit them" (keep a specific inventory) as an "additional requirement" to "remain cleansed and saved" and "if they forget a sin they are toast?” Notice that - "If we confess our sins, he is faithful and righteous to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness" (vs. 9) is IN CONTRAST TO - If we say that we have no sin, (present tense) we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us (vs. 8) and - If we say that we have not sinned, (past tense) we make him a liar, and his word is not in us (vs. 10).

Believers speak the same/acknowledge/agree with God's perspective about their sins and have a settled recognition and acknowledgment that one is a sinner in need of cleansing and forgiveness.

So salvation is conditional and not unconditional. OSAS is like Calvinism in reverse. It’s false. God does not force save you to be a certain way because of a one time decision in choosing Christ.
NOSAS is “type 2 works salvation.”

We must continue in His goodness otherwise we can be cut off just like the Jews were cut off (Romans 11:22).
The Israelites were in the olive tree to begin with because they were the "natural branches" and not because they were all saved. Because of their unbelief and hard hearts God removed His gracious hand from them as a people overall and broke them off from His goodness (but only for a time after which they will be restored - Romans 11:24-26). We Gentiles have now been grafted into God's goodness and are the recipients of His blessings. Paul's warning is that we should not become arrogant because we might lose the goodness and blessings of God just like the Jews lost the goodness and blessings of God.

Professing Christians who are Gentiles are corporately in outward covenant with Christ so, it would appear that Romans 11 is speaking about the question of collective ecclesiology and not individual soteriology. I see the warning to this collective body, which is corporately joined to Christ and is in a covenant relationship, but how could this mean that every individual in it is in saving union with Christ? Hence the "cut off." Union with Christ applies to the elect, and only for the elect are, "the gifts and the call of God are irrevocable." (verse 29) But since non-elect covenant members are mixed in, Christ clearly appears to have non-elect branches, like Judas Iscariot (John 15:1-8) and while they may be joined outwardly in covenant with Christ, since they have professed faith in Jesus, the faith of some of them is spurious because they were never truly saved to begin with, even though they were among genuine believers. (1 John 2:19).

Reactions: Taken

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
nobody ever responds because they can’t....it’s John5:24...

I responded to this more than once.

Here’s the scripture you’re erroneously leaning on:

Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.” (John 5:24)

Those deaf to Jesus’ word are not the ones Jesus is talking to here. And since you cannot hear Jesus’ word, like this one:

““Woe to the world for temptations to sin! For it is necessary that temptations come, but woe to the one by whom the temptation comes! And if your hand or your foot causes you to sin, cut it off and throw it away. It is better for you to enter life crippled or lame than with two hands or two feet to be thrown into the eternal fire.” (Matthew 18:7-8)

You’re disqualified from the promise in John 5:24.

Paul confirms:

“In whom also ye are circumcised with the circumcision made without hands, in putting off the body of the sins of the flesh by the circumcision of Christ: Buried with him in baptism, wherein also ye are risen with him through the faith of the operation of God, who hath raised him from the dead.” (Colossians 2:11-12)

In Once Saved Always Saved fantasy land “putting off” the sins of the flesh is blasphemy!

Last edited:
Reactions: Grailhunter