Once Saved, Always Saved?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am so thankful I accepted that Jesus paid my sin debt and that I accepted and believe his gift of salvation.

I praise the Lord my walk is my " OWN" led by the Holy Spirit through the word !

Reactions: Eternally Grateful

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus went on the Sabbath, not Sunday.

Why? That is what His Father told him to do. He ONLY did what His Father instructed.

The Sabbath is what the Father tells ALL of his people to observe.
it just gets worst

Saturday is a day of rest. Not a day to go to church..

We should be gathered together OFTEN like the early church did (acts 2) not on specific days. and we are not to judge people for holding one day above another.

Reactions: L.A.M.B.

Happy Trails

Feb 6, 2022
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No,

But you seem to be

Deuteronomy 27:26
Cursed is the one who does not confirm all the words of this law by observing them.’ “And all the people shall say, ‘Amen!’ ”

Gal 3: 10
10 For as many as are of the works of the law are under the curse; for it is written, “Cursed is everyone who does not continue in all things which are written in the book of the law, to do them.”

According to this requirement. HAVE YOU KEPT THE LAW? ARE YOU KEEPING THE LAW?

You quoted this before, like you knew what it what means. Yeah, I obey the Law.

There are only two kinds of people: Law keepers, and law breakers.

The law breakers are the ones Jesus doesn't know.

Law keepers are the ones who obey their Father and his Son, to walk according to their instructions.

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus went on the Sabbath, not Sunday.

Why? That is what His Father told him to do. He ONLY did what His Father instructed.

The Sabbath is what the Father tells ALL of his people to observe.

You always know who the cherry pickers are....Because they have so little understanding of the Bible.
We come to the Bible to learn not come to the Bible and cherry pick scriptures to support our own beliefs over the Bible.
Old and New Testament shows no tolerance to sin and prescribe morality as a way of life...The Way.

Christ and the Apostles observed the Sabbath in accordance with Mosaic Law because for most of the Gospels they were still in the Old Covenant.

In the New Covenant we are not under the Mosaic Law.
Christ warned about mixing these two religions and the Apostle Paul talked about it a lot.

Hebrews 8:13 When He said, “A new covenant,” He has made the first obsolete. But whatever is becoming obsolete and growing old is about to disappear.

And there are about 30 other scriptures if you want them.

Reactions: L.A.M.B.

Happy Trails

Feb 6, 2022
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1 Corinthians 16:2
On the first day of the week let each one of you lay something aside, storing up as he may prosper, that there be no collections when I come.

Acts 20:7
Now on the first day of the week, when the disciples came together to break bread, Paul, ready to depart the next day, spoke to them and continued his message until midnight.

Gather things on the first day of the week and store it to help other people. That is not a worship service. It's a request to get the gathering done so he doesn't have to do the gathering when he gets there. He says that, specifically.

Why did they get together to break bread? It is because a meal marks the end of the Sabbath. It's called 'havdilah.' It is served at sundown to mark the end of the Sabbath and the beginning of the first day of the week. That's why he preached until midnight. He didn't start until sundown.

Acts 13:14
But when they departed from Perga, they came to Antioch in Pisidia, and went into the synagogue on the sabbath day, and sat down.

Acts 13
And when the Jews were gone out of the synagogue, the Gentiles besought that these words might be preached to them the next sabbath.
Now when the congregation was broken up, many of the Jews and religious proselytes followed Paul and Barnabas: who, speaking to them, persuaded them to continue in the grace of God. And the next sabbath day came almost the whole city together to hear the word of God.

Acts 15
Wherefore my sentence is, that we trouble not them, which from among the Gentiles are turned to God: But that we write unto them, that they abstain from pollutions of idols, and from fornication, and from things strangled, and from blood. For Moses of old time hath in every city them that preach him, being read in the synagogues every sabbath day.

(Wherefore my sentence is "tell these pagans to stop these 4 sins, and then they can join us in the synagogues on the Sabbath to hear the Law of Moses.")

Acts 16:13
And on the sabbath we went out of the city by a river side, where prayer was wont to be made; and we sat down, and spake unto the women which resorted thither.

Acts 17:2
And Paul, as his manner was, went in unto them, and three sabbath days reasoned with them out of the scriptures,

Acts 18:4
And he reasoned in the synagogue every sabbath, and persuaded the Jews and the Greeks.

Happy Trails

Feb 6, 2022
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You always know who the cherry pickers are....Because they have so little understanding of the Bible.
We come to the Bible to learn not come to the Bible and cherry pick scriptures to support our own beliefs over the Bible.
Old and New Testament shows no tolerance to sin and prescribe morality as a way of life...The Way.

Christ and the Apostles observed the Sabbath in accordance with Mosaic Law because for most of the Gospels they were still in the Old Covenant.

In the New Covenant we are not under the Mosaic Law.
Christ warned about mixing these two religions and the Apostle Paul talked about it a lot.

Hebrews 8:13 When He said, “A new covenant,” He has made the first obsolete. But whatever is becoming obsolete and growing old is about to disappear.

And there are about 30 other scriptures if you want them.

I do not need to be told again that I am not under the Law.

Are you obligated to go to church on Sunday? Are you going to lose your salvation if you don't?

Everyone chooses whom they obey. If a person obeys God, they would follow Jesus. Jesus observed the Sabbath and the feasts of Leviticus 23.

A person who follows the Babylonian system observes Sunday, Christmas and Easter. That is because the Pope is their Master, not Jesus.

Romans 6:15

I don't need 30 verse of Scripture interpreted to justify disobedience.

Happy Trails

Feb 6, 2022
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
it just gets worst

Saturday is a day of rest. Not a day to go to church..

We should be gathered together OFTEN like the early church did (acts 2) not on specific days. and we are not to judge people for holding one day above another.

Did Jesus attend services at the synagogue on the Sabbath?

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Are you obligated to go to church on Sunday? Are you going to lose your salvation if you don't?

Faith and follower....you need to learn what those words mean. Christ and the Apostles went to the Temple or Synagogues because the Gospels were still observing the Mosaic Law....Christians go to church because they observe Sunday as the Lord's Day. Do you got a problem being around Christians? Do you have a problem standing with other Christians and worshipping the Lord? Do you have a problem standing with other Christians and singing hymns to the Lord? Do you have a problem fellowshipping with other Christians?

I am multi-denominational....I have no problems standing with Christians from many denominations and worshipping the Lord. And yes I go to church on Sunday.

On the other hand....assembly is assembly....the early Christians gathered in house churches and worshipped, sang hymns, and ate.
I do both, I may go to church in the morning and then gather with friends at their house and worship, play some bluegrass and eat till I can't hardly walk....fellowship is the key and the right thing to do.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You quoted this before, like you knew what it what means. Yeah, I obey the Law.
Yeah I do know what it means. It means you have no idea what it means

There are only two kinds of people: Law keepers, and law breakers.

The law breakers are the ones Jesus doesn't know.

Law keepers are the ones who obey their Father and his Son, to walk according to their instructions.
According to what I posted. there is one kind of person. Law breakers.

Thats why you need grace. Because you have failed to live up to Gods standard. Perfection.

If you could keep the law. You would not need christ.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And you have no free will to fall away?

Sure a man who “believes” has free will to fall away.

I do not have OPTION to “fall away”. Because I exercised my FREEWILL, to learn the WARNING, to BE SURE of my Confession to the Lord, AND Learned the Consequence OF what A True Heartful Confession MEANS and Consequence OF a half baked unsure Confession MEANS....
Clearly...I have already revealed...I don’t simple say “I’m a believer”.
So what? Believers can fall away.
Clearly...I have already revealed...I am Converted IN Christ...
Anyone who knows what that MEANS, KNOWS I am kept by the Power of God IN me, and can not fall away.

Nothing SECRET in Gods JUSTICE.
Choose this....expect this consequence...
Choose that...expect that consequence...

And do you know the future?

In some things Yes, in some things No.
* In Gods provided Prophetic FORETELLING of the Future...
Yes, I do know that future.
* In What things I am already prepared, and shall do...
Yes, I know that future.
* In What things I ‘hope’ for “might come to pass” (especially if it depends on an other....)
I put no stock in that being a sure thing.

And it’s impossible for you to confess “NO” later on?

Correct.

You have no free will?

Do you really NOT comprehend EXERCISING ones FREEWILL to COMMIT with TRUTH to a permanent Contract of Commitment?

If I were a BANKER, you would NOT be a person I would be willing to make a LOAN to....Because you are perpetuating YOUR WORD of Agreement is worthless....AND WHY a Banker Requires a LIST of what YOU ACTUALLY HAVE PAID FOR, OWN, and YOUR SIGNATURE...not only your WORD....
So when “you exercise your freewill” to squirm out of an agreement to PAY BACK the LOAN...they have LEGAL recourse to TAKE YOUR ASSETS, sell them to recoup “what you exercised your freewill to break your word and NOT repay the Loan”....AND IF your assets do not cover what you borrowed, (and FAILED to repay), “by exercising your freewill to break your word”...they can prove with your signature you PROMISED to repay, didn’t, and the court can ORDER a Judgement AGAINST you, TO PAY BACK what you Agreed to PAY BACK.

Is it impossible for YOU to lie?

To God Yes, It is impossible for me to lie to God.
To men No, It is possible for me to lie to men.

But what you’re not aware of (obviously) is that even YOU are open to this same fate if you do not endure to the end (Matthew 24:13).

Yikes....A 10 year old can comprehend the difference BETWEEN...
YOU ARE WEAK...YOU ARE SURROUNDED BY WICKED POWERFUL CONNIVING MEN, and POWERFUL EVIL SPIRITS, YOU ARE EASILY INFLUENCED and ENTICED BY “THEIR” FLUFFY WORDS, OFFERS AND DOOMSDAY SPEECH FEAR... THAT YOU WILL NOT KNOW IS TO YOUR DETRIMENT, BECAUSE YOUR EARS WERE SO TICKLED, WITH AN ENTICING FREEBIE, OR SO AFRAID, OF FEAR PROMOTION...
YOU DID NOT BOTHER TO LOOK, EXAMINE, QUESTION, INVESTIGATE, ANY “NEGATIVE CONSEQUENCE” FOR YOUR CHOICE.....THAT SOME KNUCKLEHEAD, YOU HAVE NEVER MET, DO NOT KNOW, BLABBING FREEBIES AND FEAR, HAS CAPTURED YOUR ATTENTION TO JUMP ON THEIR BANDWAGON.
AND
Your Creator and Maker knows you are weak, knows the world is full of powerful conniving men and powerful evil spirits and promises with HIS POWER, He will keep you free FROM your own ignorant weakness.

A BELIEVING man (BUT NOT Converted) is on his own, by his own power....(already known is weak)....to stand up against powerful wicked men and evil spirits....AND frankly...it’s a daily losing battle for A man to stand up ALONE AGAINST wicked men and evil spirits.

I made MY choice. My spouse and I have made the SAME choices.
We have taught OUR children what is their Choices.
And with my own Contentment, OUR family is all in agreement TO HAVE Exercised our FREEWILL to HAVE WITH US, 24-7 the Power of God WITH US, and IN US, that no man CAN Change, sway, deflect, undo OUR choices.
OUR end, has already been established...WITH God forever!

But good to know where you stand, in your own power, committed to yourself, you are confidant to keep your self believing.
Slippery slope. Wickedness and Evil is INCREASING... and it ain’t looking promising for the little guy who refuses to jump on their bandwagon.

Happy Trails

Feb 6, 2022
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I know that faith means "steadfastness." I know that faith is the action one takes, based on what they believe. I know that faith is NOT ONLY the mental acknowledgement that Jesus is who he says He is. A belief without action is not faith. Faith without works is dead. We are judged by our works, not what we believe.

I know that follower means "does what my leader does." So, to faithfully follow Jesus, one would need to steadfastly observe the Sabbath and the feasts of YHVH.

The Apostles were still observing the Law 20 years after the crucifixion.

Paul said to observe the feast of unleavened bread.

Christians go to church because they observe Sunday as the Lord's Day.

The topic of the Book of Revelation is "the Day of YHVH." That is what John was meditating on. He was having visions about "the Day of YHVH." He was not "in the spirit on Sunday." He was "in the Spirit regarding the Day of YHVH." Then he wrote an entire book about it. Rome took a single statement that they didn't understand, and created a doctrine with their new justification for changing the Sabbath. Daniel said the beast opposing YHVH will change times and laws.

Carnal Christians are the ones who will not submit to their Father's authority. Romans 8:7

Do you have a problem with people who claim to follow Jesus attaching His Name to pagan sex festivals?

Happy Trails

Feb 6, 2022
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yeah I do know what it means. It means you have no idea what it means

According to what I posted. there is one kind of person. Law breakers.

Thats why you need grace. Because you have failed to live up to Gods standard. Perfection.

If you could keep the law. You would not need christ.
OK, then, explain to me, in your own words, what it means.

Explain what "under the Law" means.
Explain what "the curse of the Law" means.

You asked if I am keeping the Law, and I answered "yes."

Paul said obeying the instructions in the Law is how one is made perfect.

"Justified" and "perfect" and "righteousness" are all words that have specific meanings. When they are conflated, they lose their meaning.

Happy Trails

Feb 6, 2022
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The jews met on Saturday.

What that have to do with the church?

The church met continually (acts 2)

Your following religion. Not God
The church was nothing but Jews until Paul's missionary journeys began.

The first 8,000+ Christians were Jews that came to Jerusalem for Pentecost. Remember that story?

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Did you read the Satanic comment by the OSASer to a nonOSASer calling his comments "the excrement of your mouth"? Now that's truly Satanic!

Feces, expelled dung.
Dung, a Scriptural word for expelled feces.
Crap, a common word attributed to a man named Thomas Crapper, who invented a flush toilet for using to deposit human feces and then with water works remove the lingering stink out of the home.
Excrement, another word that describes feces being expelled from the bowels.
BS, a common acronym used to describe what is coming forth from a persons mouth is as worthy as the waste product designed to come from a persons rectum.

Common terms, of waste expelled waste matter, is not Satanic! :rolleyes:
Then there is the case of one who continues to use their mouth as a rectum.
If you believe that is Satanic....do something about it.
Me noticing what you do, is not about me, it’s about noticing what you are doing.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Under the law means SUBJECT TO, (required to) Obey Mosaic LAWS.

The Curse of the Law means, the PENALTIES (negative consequences) for Violating the Mosaic Law.

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I know that faith means "steadfastness." I know that faith is the action one takes, based on what they believe. I know that faith is NOT ONLY the mental acknowledgement that Jesus is who he says He is. A belief without action is not faith. Faith without works is dead. We are judged by our works, not what we believe.

I know that follower means "does what my leader does." So, to faithfully follow Jesus, one would need to steadfastly observe the Sabbath and the feasts of YHVH.

Well close. The Jews had faith and followed God....not so well.
For Christians faith and follower are nearly synonymous. If you are a follower of Christ then you have faith in Him. If you have faith you will follow the leader....Christ and conduct your life in accordance to His teachings and the Apostle's teachings.

Christianity is not a boy's club, sign up and go on and do whatever want. Following the teachings of Christ and the Apostles is a visible expression of faith. Leading a moral life is a visible expression of faith.

Paul said to observe the feast of unleavened bread.

1st Therefore let us celebrate the feast, not with old leaven, nor with the leaven of malice and wickedness, but with the unleavened bread of sincerity and truth. 5:8 Therefore let us celebrate the feast, not with old leaven, nor with the leaven of malice and wickedness, but with the unleavened bread of sincerity and truth.

Do you know what the feast of unleavened bread is for Jews?

Do you know what the feast of unleavened bread is for Christians.

The Apostles were still observing the Law 20 years after the crucifixion.

We do not know what all the Apostles were doing in relation to the Law. Some my have been keeping the Sabbath. But then they would be doing things that Christ explained was wrong. Christ never told the Apostles to worship in the Temple after the crucifixion.
Either way the Jewish-Christians did not last very long. No example of their writings after the biblical period. The Gentiles took the reins of the church pretty quickly.

The topic of the Book of Revelation is "the Day of YHVH." That is what John was meditating on. He was having visions about "the Day of YHVH." He was not "in the spirit on Sunday." He was "in the Spirit regarding the Day of YHVH." Then he wrote an entire book about it. Rome took a single statement that they didn't understand, and created a doctrine with their new justification for changing the Sabbath. Daniel said the beast opposing YHVH will change times and laws.

Revelation 1:1 The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave Him to show to His bond-servants, the things which must soon take place; and He sent and communicated it by His angel to His bond-servant John,

Revelation 1:2 who bore witness to the word of God and to the testimony of Jesus Christ, even to all that he saw.

Revelation 1:5 and from Jesus Christ, the faithful witness, the first-born of the dead, and the ruler of the kings of the earth. To Him who loves us, and released us from our sins by His blood,

Revelation 1:9 I, John, your brother and fellow partaker in the tribulation and kingdom and perseverance which are in Jesus, was on the island called Patmos, because of the word of God and the testimony of Jesus.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

You asked if I am keeping the Law, and I answered "yes."

Paul said obeying the instructions in the Law is how one is made perfect.

"Justified" and "perfect" and "righteousness" are all words that have specific meanings. When they are conflated, they lose their meaning.
I already explained it to you.

CURSED is the one who does not CONFIRM ( you agree with) and OBEY (to obey ) EVERY WORD.

Paul said NO ONE IS JUSTIFIED BY THE LAW. as it is written CURSED IS THE ONE WHO DOES NOT OBEY EVERY WORD.

The penalty of sin is death. That is the curse of the law. Eternal death (separation) is what those who are under the law can expect.

With this as the GUIDE of what obeying the law means. Unless you claim to be perfect. YOU DO NOT KEEP THE LAW.

As paul says, For all have sinned and fallen short. Short of what? Gods standard. The law is just a taste of what the standard is and we can not even keep that.

Paul said obeying the law is how one is made perfect? Where? Did Paul contradict himself??

Justified literally means righteous (the same greek word) We are justified (declaired righteous) By faith. Not by works.

no matter how you spin it. You will never justify yourself you will never be good enough. You have already failed and will continue to fail