Once Saved, Always Saved?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
there is no more condemnation (by God) for sin for those who are in Christ (Romans 8:1)

“…who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.” (Romans 8:1)

So if you’re in Christ and then turn again to walk after the flesh there IS condemnation.

Because:

“God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap. For he that soweth to his flesh shall of the flesh reap corruption; but he that soweth to the Spirit shall of the Spirit reap life everlasting.” (Galatians 6:7-8)

So don’t be deceived my friend.

Reactions: L.A.M.B.

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
“…who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.” (Romans 8:1)

So if you’re in Christ and then turn again to walk after the flesh there IS condemnation.

Because:

“God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap. For he that soweth to his flesh shall of the flesh reap corruption; but he that soweth to the Spirit shall of the Spirit reap life everlasting.” (Galatians 6:7-8)

So don’t be deceived my friend.

What you quoted was something added by the translators...it does not even appear in the earlier, most accurate
manuscripts....

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What you quoted was something added by the translators...it does not even appear in the earlier, most accurate
manuscripts....

Yes, The corrupted modern Bibles suit the corrupted doctrine of Once Saved Always Saved perfectly!

Here’s a perfect example of how modern Bibles change vital doctrine in regards to salvation!

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Just ask yourself one simple question: "Does the Bible say that eternal life and salvation are the free gifts of God? If they are gifts then that should be enough.
It should be.

But to human thinking. Just saying I can trust God and receive his gift in faith, and all my sin is forgiven forever more is against human wisdom.

So it is the hardest thing to even conjure up as even a possibility

thats why Faith gospel is called the narrow gate, and few there will be who enter in.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
...if it's thought that there is no more consequence of sin. That would be antinomianism, which would be the real fallacy.

But no one here is suggesting that there are no more consequences of sin for those who are in Christ. God disciplines those who are in Christ. What we are proclaiming, though ~ and this is exactly what Paul says ~ is that there is no more condemnation (by God) for sin for those who are in Christ (Romans 8:1). And since there is no more condemnation, our salvation, once given, cannot be lost, because we are kept in it by God, by His power, via the Holy Spirit, who, as Peter says, guards us through faith for a salvation ready to be revealed in the last time (1 Peter 1), and this necessarily means, among other things, aiding us in obedience to the Lord.

Grace and peace to all.
the penalty of sin is death.

If you commit 1 sin, you have fallen short of the requirement set in stone by God to enter heaven based on your goodness.

I think we all need to ask ourselves. How m,any death penalty (sins) do we have against us.

then stop looking at other people and take account of our own sins.

those who come to God in faith and trust in him KNOW the consequence of sin. Its why they became poor in spirit and as the tax collector. You should not question their knowledge, You should try to learn from it.

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
EG has spoken truth in saying let each take account of himself.

I have found in 45 yrs I can do nothing nor say anything to change a person. If what ppl believe is stinking thinking they will stand before a just God.

What we must do is turn the telescope upon ourselves and pray for ourselves and others that God may do HIS WORK in us ALL !

Reactions: Eternally Grateful

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
thats why Faith gospel is called the narrow gate, and few there will be who enter in.

“Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat: Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.” (Matthew 7:13-14)

Hmm…

I bet that if I took a poll of persons who believe that once they are saved they will remain saved no matter what, it would be many.

And if I asked how many believed they had to stop sinning after being saved to stay saved it would be very few.

Now go back and compare this with the scripture I posted and see who’s going into what gate.

Many = Once Saved Always Saved.

Few = Once Saved, sin no more.

You’re doctrine has lead you into the wrong gate my friend.

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, The corrupted modern Bibles suit the corrupted doctrine of Once Saved Always Saved perfectly!

Here’s a perfect example of how modern Bibles change vital doctrine in regards to salvation!

Nobody ever changed John 5:24 though....did they......it’s the Nuclear Bomb that destroys the Anti OSAS argument
“Truly , I say to you, he who hears My Word and Believes Him who sent me HAS ETERNAL LIFE and does NOT come under judgement , for he has passed from Death unto Life....

I am eager to see how you Twist “ this” verse......go ahead....don’t be shy...

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
“Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat: Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.” (Matthew 7:13-14)

Hmm…

I bet that if I took a poll of persons who believe that once they are saved they will remain saved no matter what, it would be many.

And if I asked how many believed they had to stop sinning after being saved to stay saved it would be very few.

Now go back and compare this with the scripture I posted and see who’s going into what gate.

Those who say they can stop sinning are no different than a legalist.. remember, a pharisee thought he did not sin.. They only believe if you sin your not saved. A legalist says you can sin yourself out.. The largest religion on earth is a legalistic doctrine which can be lost. in fact. the major religions on earth (including the major/largest christian church) falls under this group.

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Those who say they can stop sinning are no different than a legalist..

I’d like you to meet these two “legalists” then:

Jesus said:
“Behold, thou art made whole: sin no more, lest a worse thing come unto thee.” (John 5:14)

Paul said:
“shall we sin, because we are not under the law, but under grace? God forbid.” (Romans 6:15)

“Shall we continue in sin, that grace may abound? God forbid. How shall we, that are dead to sin, live any longer therein?” (Romans 6:1-2)

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Truly , I say to you, he who hears My Word and Believes Him who sent me HAS ETERNAL LIFE and does NOT come under judgement ,

Amen, Hallelujah!!

So, you are aware that there is a condition attached to your pet verse, right?

he who hears my word”

Have you heard his word lately?

Open your ears to this scripture:

“Neither do I condemn thee: go, and sin no more.” (John 8:11)

If you cannot hear the “sin no more” part, you have disqualified yourself from that promise!

Be blessed!

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We are covered in his righteousness at our repentance and new birth. The act of maturing is hard bc we have to overcome the old man.

Yes our desire is to be perfected in this life but the word also teaches that if any sin we have an advocate with the Father in Jesus!

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
if any sin we have an advocate with the Father in Jesus!

“My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous:” (1 John 2:1)

We have the advocate for that sinner among us who might not be saved.

“Know ye not, that to whom ye yield yourselves servants to obey, his servants ye are to whom ye obey; whether of sin unto death, or of obedience unto righteousness?” (Romans 6:16)

Rollo Tamasi

Aug 28, 2017
Inverness, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Hmm…

You say "sin no more".
That makes you perfect.

Ezra

Dec 27, 2018
Missouri
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I’d like you to meet these two “legalists” then:

Jesus said:
“Behold, thou art made whole: sin no more, lest a worse thing come unto thee.” (John 5:14)

Paul said:
“shall we sin, because we are not under the law, but under grace? God forbid.” (Romans 6:15)

“Shall we continue in sin, that grace may abound? God forbid. How shall we, that are dead to sin, live any longer therein?” (Romans 6:1-2)
nice cherry picking scriptures
1 John 2:1

“My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous:”

as has been pointed out peter wrote 1 Peter 1
A Heavenly Inheritance
3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who according to His abundant mercy has begotten us again to a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead, 4 to an inheritance incorruptible and undefiled and that does not fade away, reserved in heaven for you, 5 who are kept by the power of God through faith for salvation ready to be revealed in the last time.

if those who are truly saved are KEPT BY THE POWER OF GOD where is the lose .next what and or who is the advocate and what is their JOB ?

then what is the inheritance incorruptible and undefiled and that does not fade away, reserved in heaven for you,

Paul said:
please note the Under law Grace is not a reason to sin !!! curious have you sinned and lost your salvation ?
i dont want a speech i want a reply with answers to my questions

PinSeeker

Oct 4, 2021
Nashville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As Christians, we certainly don't want to ~ and try not to ~ fall short of God's glory (sin) any longer.

And this is certainly the exhortation, from Jesus to the woman at the well in John 4, and the woman guilty of adultery in John 8, and from John in 1 John 2, and many other places ~ to "lay aside sin which clings so closely," as the writer of Hebrews says in chapter 12.

But though we don't want to sin and though we strive against sin, we know we still will sin ~ not willingly, but we will still do the things we know we know we ought not to do, and we will not do the things we know we should do, just like Paul in Romans 7. At any point in time, even after we have been born again of the Spirit, if we say we have not sinned, we make Him a liar, and His word is not in us (1 John 1:9).

But thanks be to God, for those of us in Christ, Just as Paul says in Romans 8:1, we know that for us, there is no more condemnation for sin, and that nothing can separate us from the love of God in Christ Jesus. And when (not if) we do sin, we can be sure that when we confess our sin, God is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness ~ because we are in Christ (1 John 1:8).

Once God has saved us, He will not "unsave" us. But this most certainly does not mean, somehow, that "hey, now, disobedience, or sin, is now sanctified or okay" in any way. Certainly, that is not the case. Even so, though we still fall short (see above), thanks be to God, those whom He foreknew ~ foreloved ~ he also predestined to be conformed to the image of his Son... (a)nd those whom He predestined he also called (or calls at some point), and those whom He called (calls) He also justified (justifies), and those whom He justified (justifies) He also glorified (glorifies; will glorify) (Romans 8:29-30). The gifts and the calling of God are irrevocable (Romans 11:29).

Grace and peace to all.

Rollo Tamasi

Aug 28, 2017
Inverness, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Amen, Hallelujah!!

he who hears my word”

Have you heard his word lately?

Open your ears to this scripture:

“Neither do I condemn thee: go, and sin no more.” (John 8:11)

If you cannot hear the “sin no more” part, you have disqualified yourself from that promise!

Be blessed!
Go and sin no more is legalism.
If the woman sins again, she knows she needs Jesus.
If you never sin then you don't need Jesus.
And THAT is not Christianity.

PinSeeker

Oct 4, 2021
Nashville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is no condition. "Go and sin no more" is an "in view of this fact" command. The very reason Jesus tells her to "go and sin no more" is because, among other things, He knows she will. Like anxiety. Why does Jesus tell us not to be anxious for anything? Because He knows we will be. But again, all God's promises have their 'yes' and 'amen' in Christ.

Once God qualifies you (justifies is the more correct term), He will not then disqualify (un-justify) you. If He begins a good work in you, He will bring it to completion at the day of Christ. Jesus, Paul, Peter, James, and the writer of Hebrews all state this, incontrovertibly, in various ways.

Be blessed.
Well, we certainly are. But we are naive, or self-righteous (one or the other or both), like you. :)

Grace and peace to you.

Reactions: Rollo Tamasi

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
“My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous:” (1 John 2:1)

We have the advocate for that sinner among us who might not be saved.

“Know ye not, that to whom ye yield yourselves servants to obey, his servants ye are to whom ye obey; whether of sin unto death, or of obedience unto righteousness?” (Romans 6:16)

So do you believe in sinless perfection?

The only SINLESS and PERFECT man was the Son of God born of the flesh and the Spirit. He was the spotless lamb sacrificed for our sin debt!

Even Paul, the great Apostle to the Gentiles, recognized he couldn't reach perfection.
Rms 7 :14-25

We war against sin until we are glorified and the flesh is dead!