Once Saved, Always Saved?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
See to it, brothers and sisters, that none of you has a sinful, unbelieving heart that turns away from the living God.

Reactions: Michiah-Imla

Ezra

Dec 27, 2018
Missouri
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It’s not a “work in progress”.

God tells you to BE perfect.

You cannot BE something that cannot be obtained at the time of the instruction.
nice to see you dont understand the 3 steps of sanctification which amounts to being made holy 3 steps which have been covered positional set apart placed into the Body of Christ progressive W.I.P changed from Glory to Glory ultimate /finial we made it to heaven were completely finished .. its obvious you dont know your Bible. perfect is complete which is the last step of being sanctified .. but first we have to be justified declared righteous /just as if we had never sinned :eek: . would care to argue with me on that? do your self a favor brush up on your Bible ..untill then stay on the front porch you cant run with the Big Dogs lol WOOF WOOF :D:D:D

Reactions: BloodBought 1953

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
nice to see you dont understand the 3 steps of sanctification

What is this new doctrine thou speakest of?

Chapter and verse please?

Where are “the three steps sanctification” found in the Bible?

This is nothing more than crafty and vain theological speech to tickle ears and prop up a false doctrine.

“Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men.” (Colossians 2:8)

Ezra

Dec 27, 2018
Missouri
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Where are “the three steps sanctification” found in the Bible?
you asked here it is .. will you accept it probably not ..

positional
1 Corinthians 12:13

“For by one Spirit are we all baptized ( placed) into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit.”

progressive
2 Corinthians 3:18
King James Version

18 But we all, with open face beholding as in a glass the glory of the Lord, are changed into the same image from glory to glory, even as by the Spirit of the Lord.
ultimate /final sanctification
Ephesians 1:13–14 — The New King James Version (NKJV)
13 In Him you also trusted, after you heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation; in whom also, having believed, you were sealed with the Holy Spirit of promise, 14 who is the guarantee of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession, to the praise of His glory.

Romans 8:28–30

28 And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose. He foreknew, He also predestined to be conformed to the image of His Son, that He might be the firstborn among many brethren. called; whom He called, these He also justified; and whom He justified, these He also glorified.

sanctification
noun
  1. The act of sanctifying or making holy; in theology, the act of God's grace by which the affections are purified and the soul is cleansed from sin and consecrated to God.
  2. The state of being sanctified, purified, or made holy; conformity of the heart and life to the will of God.
  3. Consecration.
are you %100 sinless? of course not duhhh your not completely sanctified ..

get back on the front porch drink you some milk your not ready for meat yet

Reactions: BloodBought 1953

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
None of those scriptures mention the mysterious “three steps of sanctification” you told me about (although I enjoyed reading the scriptures you posted-thanks for posting scriptures). You’re just assigning these scriptures as a vehicle for an external non biblical doctrine. That’s all.

As for this:

are you %100 sinless?

When I repented and believed the gospel years ago 100% of my sins were forgiven (yours too!), now I am moving on to the meat of this scripture:

“Whosoever abideth in him sinneth not: whosoever sinneth hath not seen him, neither known him.” (1 John 3:6)

If you’re still sinning, you do not know him.

Now put your Once Saved Always Saved artificial food away and move on to perfection!

Or else the Lord will say:

“I tell you, I know you not whence ye are; depart from me, all ye workers of iniquity.” (Luke 13:27)

Ezra

Dec 27, 2018
Missouri
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
None of those scriptures mention the mysterious “three steps of sanctification” you told me about (although I enjoyed reading the scriptures you posted-thanks for posting scriptures). You’re just assigning these scriptures as a vehicle for an external non biblical doctrine. That’s all.

As for this:

When I repented and believed the gospel years ago 100% of my sins were forgiven (yours too!), now I am moving on to the meat of this scripture:

“Whosoever abideth in him sinneth not: whosoever sinneth hath not seen him, neither known him.” (1 John 3:6)

If you’re still sinning, you do not know him.

Now put your Once Saved Always Saved artificial food away and move on to perfection!

Or else the Lord will say:

“I tell you, I know you not whence ye are; depart from me, all ye workers of iniquity.” (Luke 13:27)
lol i told you that you would reject actually the 3 steps was covered in another post on this subject by a different poster ..BTW NICE CHERRY PICKING... I DID NOTICE YOU FAIEED TO AGIVE ANSWERS TO MY QUESTIONS,, you who ever side stepped them like tiny tim tiptoe through the tulips . you pock and chose and every time are shot down
1 John 1:8

“If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.” my question to you do you sin?
James 4:17

“Therefore to him that knoweth to do good, and doeth it not, to him it is sin.”

one last time AT WHAT POINT AND TIME DO YOU LOSE YOUR SALVATION ? answer my question or get back on the porch

Ezra

Dec 27, 2018
Missouri
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
honestly its be real and fun posting scriptures to give you light into the darkness of your blindness... but its not been real fun.. so far on a scale of 1-10 i give you a 2 that is being generous ;):eek::rolleyes:

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1 John 1:8

“If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.”

Yes, Amen! Before I was converted I had sin. And if I claimed to have no sin the truth indeed was not in me and I was deceived.

But I confessed my sin, so:

“If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.” (1 John 1:9)

So I am cleansed from all unrighteousness!

do you sin?

No, because:

“We know that whosoever is born of God sinneth not; but he that is begotten of God keepeth himself, and that wicked one toucheth him not.” (1 John 5:18)

Ezra

Dec 27, 2018
Missouri
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, Amen! Before I was converted I had sin. And if I claimed to have no sin the truth indeed was not in me and I was deceived.

But I confessed my sin, so:

“If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.” (1 John 1:9)

So I am cleansed from all unrighteousness!
you just admitted to eternal security you answered one question now eternal life a inheritance unrefillable .. until you finish answering my questions .there will be no more replies

“We know that whosoever is born of God sinneth not; but he that is begotten of God keepeth himself, and that wicked one toucheth him not.” (1 John 5:18)
which part sinneth not you just posted a eternal security scripture last but not least at what point and what sin do we lose our salvation .

until your answer all my questions there will be no more posy.. Your silence will show YOU DONT KNOW BTW USE SCRIPTURE if you reply

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My thought gleaned from my understanding of the word of God.

When we repent ,have a 180 turn in our heart and mind, confess that Jesus is saviour and Lord,we receive the covering of HIS RIGHTEOUSNESS ! This is a positional sanctification and justification.
As we feast from the word we take of the milk of the word to build strong bones as our foundation is Christ and we must be as a child before him.
Then as we seek ,study and pray deeper in our understanding of the word by the Spirit, we continue to become stronger at resisting sin, and growth happens. This is progressive sanctification and will continue until we are glorified and the corruptible has put on an incorruptible heavenly body at his coming.
Then we have passed from death unto eternal life!
Progressive sanctification is a continuum until glorification !

Reactions: Ezra

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My thought gleaned from my understanding of the word of God.

When we repent ,have a 180 turn in our heart and mind, confess that Jesus is saviour and Lord,we receive the covering of HIS RIGHTEOUSNESS ! This is a positional sanctification and justification.
As we feast from the word we take of the milk of the word to build strong bones as our foundation is Christ and we must be as a child before him.
Then as we seek ,study and pray deeper in our understanding of the word by the Spirit, we continue to become stronger at resisting sin, and growth happens. This is progressive sanctification and will continue until we are glorified and the corruptible has put on an incorruptible heavenly body at his coming.
Then we have passed from death unto eternal life!
Progressive sanctification is a continuum until glorification !

“Iron sharpeneth iron” (Proverbs 27:17)

But:

“If the iron be blunt, and he do not whet the edge, then must he put to more strength: but wisdom is profitable to direct.” (Ecclesiastes 10:10)

Be blessed!

Reactions: L.A.M.B.

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So eternal life is not eternal ?

It is eternal.

So don’t let temporal things cause you to lose it.

“Labour not for the meat which perisheth, but for that meat which endureth unto everlasting life, which the Son of man shall give unto you: for him hath God the Father sealed.” (John 6:27)

“By faith Moses, when he was come to years, refused to be called the son of Pharaoh's daughter; Choosing rather to suffer affliction with the people of God, than to enjoy the pleasures of sin for a season” (Hebrews 11:24-25)

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is eternal.

So don’t let temporal things cause you to lose it.

“Labour not for the meat which perisheth, but for that meat which endureth unto everlasting life, which the Son of man shall give unto you: for him hath God the Father sealed.” (John 6:27)

“By faith Moses, when he was come to years, refused to be called the son of Pharaoh's daughter; Choosing rather to suffer affliction with the people of God, than to enjoy the pleasures of sin for a season” (Hebrews 11:24-25)
So one cannot lose eternal life / salvation.