Once Saved, Always Saved?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you are doing the repenting, then it is the same as "saving yourself." YOU are the one doing the repenting.

Repenting is returning to the Law. It is not feeling bad about what you did.
Nope

I changed my mind about who I was and my situation and eternal destiny. but even this was a work of God convincing me about his truth. That led me to faith. But as Jesus said, it is the work of God I believe (john 6)

We are saved by grace THROUGH FAITH.

You can;t earn salvation my friend. You are not under law but Grace. If you want to put yourself under law. you will fail. and lose

Reactions: BloodBought 1953

Happy Trails

Feb 6, 2022
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So all those passages are null and void?

Yes. During the tribulation period. in the last days, we will be hated by all men for his names sake.

And those that do will be saved (PHYSICALLY) and enter the kingdom of God and witness the return of Christ

All of WHAT passages?

What are you talking about?

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
outch

Gal 3:
10 For as many as are of the works of the law are under the curse; for it is written, “Cursed is everyone who does not continue in all things which are written in the book of the law, to do them.” 11 But that no one is justified by the law in the sight of God is evident, for “the just shall live by faith.” 12 Yet the law is not of faith, but “the man who does them shall live by them.”

13 Christ has redeemed us from the curse of the law, having become a curse for us (for it is written, “Cursed is everyone who hangs on a tree”), 14 that the blessing of Abraham might come upon the Gentiles in Christ Jesus, that we might receive the promise of the Spirit through faith.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
All of WHAT passages?

What are you talking about?
smh,

I posted 4 passages that said WE ARE SAVED NO!!

and now your denying it?

here once again!!

Romans 8:24
For we were saved in this hope, but hope that is seen is not hope; for why does one still hope for what he sees?

Ephesians 2:8
For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God,

2 Timothy 1:9
who has saved us and called us with a holy calling, not according to our works, but according to His own purpose and grace which was given to us in Christ Jesus before time began,

Titus 3:5
not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to His mercy He saved us, through the washing of regeneration and renewing of the Holy Spirit,

are you going to deny them again??

Rom 8 - WERE SAVED a done deal
Eph 2 - Have been saved - A done deal
2 Tim 1 - Has saved us - A done deal
titus 3 - again has saved us - a done deal

I have been saved by the penalty of sin (gal 3) (justification)

I am being saved from the power of sin (sanctification)

I will be saved from the ability to sin, and this fleshly body which is dieing with every breath I take (glorification)

I think you need to study up some my friend.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
On your part? "Sins" and "trespasses are the exact same Greek word. But I already told you that and you ignored it. Shall I post it again for you?

You are obviously unaware;
* Hebrews and Jews in The OLD TESTAMENT, were UNDER Mosaic law, and forgave other men of sins and trespasses.......”ACCORDING TO” Mosaic law.

* The NEW TESTAMENT IS NOT “according to” Mosaic Law.
* The NEW TESTAMENT, IS teaching TO:
~ TRIBESMEN Under Mosaic Law.
AND
~ GENTILE MEN NOT Under Mosaic Law.

Are you ignorant of WHEN the teaching IS specific TO
Tribesmen and specific TO Gentiles?

Are you ignorant of WHAT APPLIES specifically TO YOU?

Do you not know IF you are a TRIBESMAN, learning ABOUT, a New Testament or a Gentile learning About the Jewish God and His Messiah?

Do you not know TRIBESMEN, CONTINUED under THEIR OLD TESTAMENT LAW......UNTIL they heard, learned, accepted “THEIR” OT Law was FULFILLED? And the Negative Consequences of the OT LAW, no longer accounted a Negative Consequence Against them?

Do you not know GENTILES, were NEVER Under OT Law, thus the OT LAW being FULFILLED, DID not Relieved a Gentile FROM a negative consequence THAT NEVER applied to them to begin with.

Matthew 6:15 (NIV)
15 But if you do not forgive men their sins, your Father will not forgive your sins.[/QUOTE]

Matt 6:15 (KJV)
[15] But if ye forgive not men their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses.

So WHO DOES Matt chapter 6 begin SPEAKING ABOUT?
Matt 6:1 tells you.
14 Generations of Tribesmen...ISRAEL...
* Is that YOUR ancestors GENTILE Lineage?
* It is Not my ancestors Gentile Lineage.
* However Matthew Chapter six, gives me oodles of Knowledge ABOUT Tribesmen (ISRAEL)...and THEIR Linage.
* I am WISE enough to KNOW, Simply because I am Learning ABOUT ISRAEL, does not mean WHAT applies to THEM, Applies to me!

So continuing through the generations of ISRAEL, we come to JESUS CHRIST.
* And I have read the Scripture WHEREBY the Jewish God sent Jesus to give His Bodily Life, for the Life of the WHOLE World, and me being a Gentile, am part of the Whole World, and chose to discover, How me being a Gentile, could HAVE what this Jewish Christ Messiah Jesus, was OFFERING, TO the WHOLE world.
* oh, there it is; Knowledge, the Heavenly God, creator and maker of all things, Forgiveness, Salvation, Quickening, Conversion, could BE MY God.

* So while YOU QUOTE;

Matthew 6:15 (NIV)
15 But if you do not forgive men their sins, your Father will not forgive your sins.

That APPLIES TO ISRAEL, tribesmen, Jews, Learning ABOUT Jesus’ Offering, WHILE STILL under Mosaic Law, according to sin Under the Law.

Doesn’t apply to me.
What does apply to me, and ANY man that IS WITH the Lord or Quickened IN Gods Spirit....is NOTICE...of forgiveness Between men...
For an Israelite It’s SIN.
For a Gentile or ANY Converted man It’s TRESPASSING.

I already KNOW from the OT, what applies to Israel.
I prefer the KJV New Testament, that applies to An Israelite no longer under the Law.....AND.......A Gentile never under the Law, AND IS With the Lord or Quickened IN Gods Spirit.

Matt 6:15 (KJV)
[15] But if ye forgive not men their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses.

If you do not comprehend WHAT was being Introduced in the NT and to WHOM, and WHAT DOES and DOES NOT APPLY to WHOM, and WHY...
Simply reveals you are definitely NOT Qualified to dictate what applies to an other, IS wrong!

Happy Trails

Feb 6, 2022
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Nope

I changed my mind about who I was and my situation and eternal destiny. but even this was a work of God convincing me about his truth. That led me to faith. But as Jesus said, it is the work of God I believe (john 6)

We are saved by grace THROUGH FAITH.

You can;t earn salvation my friend. You are not under law but Grace. If you want to put yourself under law. you will fail. and lose

You can change your mind all you want. Repentance is not "changing your mind."

We were talking about "enduring to the end." How that digressed to "getting saved" is beyond me.

Jesus said, "he that endures to the end will be saved." You said, "You can't endure to the end. Enduring to the end is saving yourself." I can't make sense of these slogans. All I know is Jesus said to endure. You are arguing with Him about it.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You can change your mind all you want. Repentance is not "changing your mind."
Actually yes it is.. That is what the word means.. to change or do a 180 degree.. In the context of the gospel. it is to turn from self and turn to god.
We were talking about "enduring to the end." How that digressed to "getting saved" is beyond me.
We are talking about justification. Not about enduring through the great tribulation and remaining alive until Christ returns to save us.

Jesus said, "he that endures to the end will be saved." You said, "You can't endure to the end. Enduring to the end is saving yourself." I can't make sense of these slogans. All I know is Jesus said to endure. You are arguing with Him about it.
Jesus did not contradict himself or the word. You do not make a doctrine based on one verse my friend.

Happy Trails

Feb 6, 2022
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
outch

Gal 3:
10 For as many as are of the works of the law are under the curse; for it is written, “Cursed is everyone who does not continue in all things which are written in the book of the law, to do them.” 11 But that no one is justified by the law in the sight of God is evident, for “the just shall live by faith.” 12 Yet the law is not of faith, but “the man who does them shall live by them.”

13 Christ has redeemed us from the curse of the law, having become a curse for us (for it is written, “Cursed is everyone who hangs on a tree”), 14 that the blessing of Abraham might come upon the Gentiles in Christ Jesus, that we might receive the promise of the Spirit through faith.

Right. That says, "if you do not obey the Law, you will be cursed. Jesus redeemed you from the curse, so now ALL a person can get is blessing. What does "justification" have to do with following Jesus and obeying the Father?

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You can't endure to the end. that would be saving yourself.

No, that would be doing what the Bible says TO BE SAVED!

“But Christ as a son over his own house; whose house are we, if we hold fast the confidence and the rejoicing of the hope firm unto the end.” (Hebrews 3:6)

“For we are made partakers of Christ, if we hold the beginning of our confidence stedfast unto the end;” (Hebrews 3:14)

“Receiving the end of your faith, even the salvation of your souls.” (1 Peter 1:9)

See, salvation is realized at the end if you have endured and been counted worthy in your walk with Christ!

“Wherefore also we pray always for you, that our God would count you worthy of this calling, and fulfil all the good pleasure of his goodness, and the work of faith with power:” (2 Thessalonians 1:11)

Otherwise:

“The wedding is ready, but they which were bidden were not worthy.” (Matthew 22:8)

“And he that taketh not his cross, and followeth after me, is not worthy of me.” (Matthew 10:38)

Endure to the end speaks of the tribulation period.

Oh what damage the false doctrine of Dispensationalism hath wrought…

Happy Trails

Feb 6, 2022
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Actually yes it is.. That is what the word means.. to change or do a 180 degree.. In the context of the gospel. it is to turn from self and turn to god.

We are talking about justification. Not about enduring through the great tribulation and remaining alive until Christ returns to save us.

Jesus did not contradict himself or the word. You do not make a doctrine based on one verse my friend.

Christianity makes doctrines out of one verse all the time! You repeat the slogans, but I don't think you know what the words mean.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
outch

Gal 3:

Correct.

Christ DID NOT redeem “US” Gentiles from the curse of the law.
The Curse of the Mosaic Law, never applied to Gentiles.

Christ DID redeem “ISRAEL” from the curse of “THEIR” law...
AND God DID through Christ “Offer” FORGIVENESS...
AND.....SALVATION NOW, once and forever....

* To Every Tribesman, WHO DID NOT BELIEVE IN Jesus, their Christ Messiah....and came into belief AND Confesses their Belief Jesus, IS their Christ Messiah.
* To Every Gentile, WHO DID NOT BELIEVE IN God, or in His Christ Messiah....and then came into belief AND Confesses their Belief IN God, AND His Christ Messiah.

God Bless,
Taken

praise_yeshua

Apr 19, 2022
America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Of course I do.

Nonsense. You wearing blue in your garments?

Num 15:38 Speak unto the children of Israel, and bid them that they make them fringes in the borders of their garments throughout their generations, and that they put upon the fringe of the borders a ribband of blue:

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You can't endure to the end. that would be saving yourself.
What??? Was Jesus hallucinating?

Matthew 24:13 (NKJV)
13 But he who endures to the end shall be saved.
We have to repent and let God save us. Otherwise we will lost.

Endure to the end speaks of the tribulation period. Not us saving ourselves eternally.
No it doesn't.