One and Triune God.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

tigger 2

Oct 19, 2017
port angeles
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
John 5:18
Therefore the Jews sought all the more to kill Him, because He not only broke the Sabbath, but also said that God was His Father, making Himself equal with God.
So what difference does it make that those who tried to kill him said the obviously false statement: "said that God was His Father" which makes him equal with God. Good Grief, man. You should know that is a false statement!

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Spurgeon was WRONG . . .

Be a faithful Christian instead. Memorizing Scripture won't get you ANYWHERE unless you practice your faith.
There were faithful christians LONG before there was a Canon of Scripture . . .
Seems like you are the only one that is "correct" on this forum and in no need of correction...pride comes in many forms and manifestations.
6fa794f6-5649-4a47-8095-e005892c3d95.jpg

Three Imperatives right here...Spurgeon is wrong? You have a lot to learn. Take heed.
blessings
J.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Seems like you are the only one that is "correct" on this forum and in no need of correction...pride comes in many forms and manifestations.
View attachment 21651
Three Imperatives right here...Spurgeon is wrong? You have a lot to learn. Take heed.
blessings
J.
Not at all.
I can simply spot a counterfeit teaching.

Too many people here vomit out verses of Scripture because they "memorized" them - but they don't have a CLUE as to what they mean..

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Not at all.

Too many people here vomit out verses of Scripture because they "memorized" them - but they don't have a CLUE as to what they mean..
Speak for yourself, you are very aggressive not showing the fruit of the Ruach HaKodesh

714ac9c2-4249-4242-8440-2b83d476dfa4.jpg

Are you envious? Strongly wanting someone else's position?

Blessings
J.
Read 1Cor 13...

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Speak for yourself, you are very aggressive not showing the fruit of the Ruach HaKodesh
View attachment 21653
Like I said - I can sp[ot a counterfeit teaching a mile away.
Are you envious? Strongly wanting someone else's position?
Blessings
J.
Read 1Cor 13...
Not at all.
I just see perversions of Calvinism for the counterfeit teachings they are.

I guess I AM a little biased, though.
Most of my siblings were seduced away from the Church by these falsegoods.

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
No you cannot, you do not have the exousia TO spot a counterfeit, are you filled and sealed with the Holy Spirit?
This is a Christian forum, do not attack the believers,...

Eph_4:15 But speaking the truth in love, may grow up into him in all things, which is the head, even Christ:

Also, notice the goal is not that only some believers became mature, but all (cf. Eph_4:13).
The gifts are given to every believer for the common good (cf. 1Co_12:7; 1Co_12:11).

Every believer is a called, gifted, full-time minister of Christ. Not all are "vocational" ministers, but all are servants.

The modern church is crippled by (1) a clergy/laity mentality and (2) the concept of salvation as a product instead of a relational process of servanthood!!!

"to the building up of the body of Christ" Paul mixes his building metaphor (cf. Eph_2:20-22) with his body metaphor (cf. Eph_1:23; Eph_4:12; Eph_5:30). Believers are gifted for the common good, not for individual acclaim (1Co_12:7). The focus is not on the individual but on the body (cf. Eph_4:4-6). Spiritual gifts are servant towels, not merit badges! Believers are worker bees!

"the knowledge" This is the compound Greek term (epiginôskô), which implies a full experiential knowledge.

This was an obvious rejection of the Gnostic false teachers' emphasis on secret, exclusive knowledge....such as you have... The believers' knowledge is complete in Christ. This may be a play on the Hebrew concept of "know" as personal relationship (cf. Gen_4:1; Jer_1:5; Php_3:8; Php_3:10) versus the Greek concept known as cognitive information. Both are needed for a mature Christianity.

Eph_4:15 Believers are not just to speak the truth, but to live and to teach the truth in love...something I am quickly learning (cf. Ezr_7:10). The goal is unity (Eph_4:2-3)! How different this was from the confusion and rivalry of the false teachers.

Tumblr.jpg

Blessings
J.
Quotes from Utley

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Like I said - I can sp[ot a counterfeit teaching a mile away.

Not at all.
I just see perversions of Calvinism for the counterfeit teachings they are.

I guess I AM a little biased, though.
Most of my siblings were seduced away from the Church by these falsegoods.
I don't hold to the doctrines of Calvin, nor affiliated in the over 6,000 heteros denominations. Like you I am seeking after truth only to be found in Christ Jesus.
Advice...you may hear truth spoken even from an Atheist, a word fitly spoken,...Jas_1:19 Wherefore, my beloved brethren, let every man be swift to hear, slow to speak, slow to wrath:

Blessings to you dear friend, cheer up!

J.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No you cannot, you do not have the exousia TO spot a counterfeit, are you filled and sealed with the Holy Spirit?
This is a Christian forum, do not attack the believers,...

Eph_4:15 But speaking the truth in love, may grow up into him in all things, which is the head, even Christ:

Also, notice the goal is not that only some believers became mature, but all (cf. Eph_4:13).
The gifts are given to every believer for the common good (cf. 1Co_12:7; 1Co_12:11).

Every believer is a called, gifted, full-time minister of Christ. Not all are "vocational" ministers, but all are servants.

The modern church is crippled by (1) a clergy/laity mentality and (2) the concept of salvation as a product instead of a relational process of servanthood!!!

"to the building up of the body of Christ" Paul mixes his building metaphor (cf. Eph_2:20-22) with his body metaphor (cf. Eph_1:23; Eph_4:12; Eph_5:30). Believers are gifted for the common good, not for individual acclaim (1Co_12:7). The focus is not on the individual but on the body (cf. Eph_4:4-6). Spiritual gifts are servant towels, not merit badges! Believers are worker bees!

"the knowledge" This is the compound Greek term (epiginôskô), which implies a full experiential knowledge.

This was an obvious rejection of the Gnostic false teachers' emphasis on secret, exclusive knowledge....such as you have... The believers' knowledge is complete in Christ. This may be a play on the Hebrew concept of "know" as personal relationship (cf. Gen_4:1; Jer_1:5; Php_3:8; Php_3:10) versus the Greek concept known as cognitive information. Both are needed for a mature Christianity.

Eph_4:15 Believers are not just to speak the truth, but to live and to teach the truth in love...something I am quickly learning (cf. Ezr_7:10). The goal is unity (Eph_4:2-3)! How different this was from the confusion and rivalry of the false teachers.
View attachment 21654
Blessings
J.
Quotes from Utley
The goa IS unity.
But the arrogant doctrines and false claims of Calvinism do more to drive a wedge between Christians than just about ANY other faction of Christianity.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't hold to the doctrines of Calvin, nor affiliated in the over 6,000 heteros denominations. Like you I am seeking after truth only to be found in Christ Jesus.
Advice...you may hear truth spoken even from an Atheist, a word fitly spoken,...Jas_1:19 Wherefore, my beloved brethren, let every man be swift to hear, slow to speak, slow to wrath:
Blessings to you dear friend, cheer up!
J.
I couldn't agree with you more.

I was commenting on your Spurgeon meme and its misleading message.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
To be honest, we all have our biases dear brother but let us work together FOR the edification of the Church, not against each other, in love correcting one another.

Shalom

J.
I like celebrating the things we have in common as Christians.
I have great contempt, however, for the ma ny false messages and accusations that too many here aim at the Catholic Church - either out of sheer ignorance or a real calumnous hatred.

When it comes to Calvinism, however just see FAR too much arrogance and falsehood in their doctrines - not to mention a genuine hatred frfor Catholics.
As I stated earlier - 9 pof my 12 siblings are Calvinists - so I know whereof I speak . . ..

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
I couldn't agree with you more.

I was commenting on your Spurgeon meme and its misleading message.
Advice dear brother, do not attack the messenger..Spurgeon was a sterling preacher, if your pathos, zest and zeal can outmatch his I will listen to you and Spurgeon is not here to defend himself and even if he was he would not have changed one iota of his style of preaching truth
6cdb8e3f-fe52-4024-aa6d-67e611334ec4.jpg

We all have a lot to learn, that is, if we are rooted and grounded in our Beloved Messiah

“The man who is not often lifted up with joy, nor often depressed in spirit through grief—who walks through the world in a calm and quiet
atmosphere, bearing about with him a holy complacency, a calm serenity and an almost uniformity—that man is a happy man! He who journeys
along without mounting up as an eagle, or without diving down into the depths of the sea—he who keeps along the even tenor of his way to his
death is entitled to the name of a happy man.”—Volume 54, Sermon #3108

Blessings
J.

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
I have great contempt, however, for the ma ny false messages and accusations that too many here aim at the Catholic Church - either out of sheer ignorance or a real calumnous hatred.

When it comes to Calvinism, however just see FAR too much arrogance and falsehood in their doctrines - not to mention a genuine hatred frfor Catholics.
As I stated earlier - 9 pof my 12 siblings are Calvinists - so I know whereof I speak . . ..
Joh_10:27 My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:
These "siblings" are not yours, they are God's, don't you think?

Come on, cheer up dear brother

Blessings
J.

5ee77b72-f1ed-4bad-b905-8364e581aa45.jpg

Wonderful, is it not?

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Advice dear brother, do not attack the messenger..Spurgeon was a sterling preacher, if your pathos, zest and zeal can outmatch his I will listen to you and Spurgeon is not here to defend himself and even if he was he would not have changed one iota of his style of preaching truth
View attachment 21656
We all have a lot to learn, that is, if we are rooted and grounded in our Beloved Messiah
“The man who is not often lifted up with joy, nor often depressed in spirit through grief—who walks through the world in a calm and quiet
atmosphere, bearing about with him a holy complacency, a calm serenity and an almost uniformity—that man is a happy man! He who journeys
along without mounting up as an eagle, or without diving down into the depths of the sea—he who keeps along the even tenor of his way to his
death is entitled to the name of a happy man.”—Volume 54, Sermon #3108

Blessings
J.
Being a "sterling preacher" doesn't even help Spirgeon from passing his OWN smell test.
From YOUR post #369:
“I have not much patience with a certain
class of Christians nowadays who will hear
anybody preach so long as they can say,
‘He is very clever, a fine preacher, a man of
genius, a born orator.’ Is cleverness to make
false doctrine palatable?
Why, sirs, to me
the ability of a man who preaches error is
my sorrow rather than my admiration.”
― Charles H. Spurgeon

His Calvinist rants are FILLED with false doctrines.

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa

Dear brother, instead of "great contempt" not befitting a believer in Christ, make your petitions known to Christ your Savior and not here on this forum...we all have our inner closets.

Blessings, cheer up, be joyful, we are still alive!

J.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Joh_10:27 My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:
These "siblings" are not yours, they are God's, don't you think?
Come on, cheer up dear brother
Blessings
J.

View attachment 21657

Wonderful, is it not?
Ummmm, I'm not depressed.

I simply pointed out that your hero is Scripturally-bankrupt in many ways.
This doesn't "depress" me. It makes me feel sorry for those seduced by his lies.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Dear brother, instead of "great contempt" not befitting a believer in Christ, make your petitions known to Christ your Savior and not here on this forum...we all have our inner closets.

Blessings, cheer up, be joyful, we are still alive!

J.
This is absolute nonsense.
We are supposed to have contempt for falsehood and evil.
It's not "unbefitting" a Chridtisn.

Isaiah 5:20
Woe to those who call evil good and good evil, who put darkness for light and light for darkness, who put bitter for sweet and sweet for bitter!

Psalm 97:10
O you who love the LORD, hate evil! He preserves the lives of his saints; he delivers them from the hand of the wicked.

We're not supposed to have contempt for each other.
You're confused.

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Being a "sterling preacher" doesn't even help Spirgeon from passing his OWN smell test.
From YOUR post #369:
“I have not much patience with a certain
class of Christians nowadays who will hear
anybody preach so long as they can say,
‘He is very clever, a fine preacher, a man of
genius, a born orator.’ Is cleverness to make
false doctrine palatable? Why, sirs, to me
the ability of a man who preaches error is
my sorrow rather than my admiration.”
― Charles H. Spurgeon

His Calvinist rants are FILLED with false doctrines.
Ok, I have tried with much patience to see if we can be reconciled. Can two walk together lest they agree?
No more dialogue brother and I love Spurgeon and his pathos in preaching Christ and him crucified...something we should learn.

6fa794f6-5649-4a47-8095-e005892c3d95.jpg

Instead of fixing your eyes upon Christ and Him alone you are too busy ranting and raving, having a heart filled with envy and jealousy.
Blessings
J.

“Believers are getting to be rather scarce nowadays. Doubters have the sway—they are the men who claim to possess all the wisdom of the pe
riod. There is scarcely a single historical fact but what is now doubted. I fancy that the very existence of the human race must be a matter of ques
tion with some persons. I believe some imagine that not even they, themselves, are actually existent—certain ideas of themselves exist, but not
themselves!”
—Volume 54, Sermon #3112...packed with wisdom and understanding!
J.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ok, I have tried with much patience to see if we can be reconciled. Can two walk together lest they agree?
No more dialogue brother and I love Spurgeon and his pathos in preaching Christ and him crucified...something we should learn.
And I'm not trying to stop you.
I make a comment about a meme on your posts - anbd you went off the deep end.

Please - continue to follow this man's teachings if that is what suits you. As for me an MY house - we will follow the Lord (Josh. 24:15).
Instead of fixing your eyes upon Christ and Him alone you are too busy ranting and raving, having a heart filled with envy and jealousy.
Blessings
J.
Apparently - you didn't actually READ my posts.

I already made it clear to you that I wasn't "jealous" of Cavinists. I pity you because you have been seduced by false and unbiblical doctrines.
Good luck with those . . .