One and Triune God.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Rich R

Mar 14, 2022
Julian, CA
julianbiblestudy.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You mean that you can't "see" and NOT comprehend because you are not spiritual? Jesus is the very essence of faith. It is He who is faithful, hence He is the gift.

"For by grace are you saved through faith [JESUS] and that NOT of yourselves: it is the gift of God." we read.

Jesus is the gift and never through our faith!
Try to think back in your life. Remember the very first time you heard about Jesus. Did someone simply say to you, "Jesus died for your sins. That' all you need to know about it." Would you believe that?

If that's all you ever heard about Jesus, you wouldn't have had enough information point to come to a conclusion. You had to first learn about sin and how it affects you. You had to hear that Jesus was God's son. You had to know a bunch of stuff from the gospels before you believed Jesus was your savior. In other words, you learned enough about the chair to have faith that it will hold you up when you sat down. In this case, Jesus is the chair.

Putting all your trust in something you know next to nothing about, as in the example above, would indeed require blind faith, which as I've said is not really a possibility. Blind faith is an oxymoron. Faith is the opposite of blind. You have faith in what you can imagine in your brain. Your brain is all God has to work with. You can't process anything without the brain. That's how God made it and He is perfectly capable of communicating to us (through the gift of holy spirit) in words and concepts we understand. He doesn't have to keep us in the dark about anything since Jesus finished his work. We can know God, no blind faith required. Blind faith leads down a blind alley. The blind leading the blind...

JunChosen

Apr 7, 2020
Los Angeles
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You seem to understand the doctrine of election and that is not going to make you very popular

Thanks, by God's grace. But I'm not here to win a popularity contest rather, to declare His commands set forth in Matthew 28:19-20.

To God Be The Glory

tigger 2

Oct 19, 2017
port angeles
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
REALLY? Again, I repeat, and say you indeed lack in knowledge! Don't you even pay heed and scared of the consequences when throwing out words and ideas in the market place? [Hosea 4:5]

9) Nicodemus answered and said unto him, How can these things be?
10) Jesus answered and said unto him, Art thou a master of Israel, and knowest not these things?
11) Verily, verily I say unto thee, We speak that we do know, and testify that we have seen; and ye receive not our witness.
12) If I have told you earthly things, and ye believe not, how shall you believe, if I told you of heavenly things?

I believe the largest denomination in the world which is over one billion strong is the Catholic Church and they believe in the Trinity! Go figure.

So you are going with the many just because they are so plentiful?
Matt. 7:13 and 7:21, 22.

Oseas

Dec 22, 2019
Joinville
Faith
Christian
Country
Brazil
Human reason is different than Divine Revelation. Faith from above requires faith to offer reason opportunity to ascent to it's revelation.

Right, you hit in the target, praised be our GOD, for it is what the Word of GOD says, and prevails. About faith, faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the Word of God-Romans 10:v.17-the Word is GOD. Have you penetrated and understood this mystery, Eloy, and discerned why the creature dies and how may he live for ever by/through the Word?

GOD said by the prophet Jeremiah: Behold, I set before you the way of life, and the way of death-Jeremiah 21:v.8. I will highligth at follow the way of death, our last Enemy, the last enemy to be annihilated. Hope that you understand because the matter is very terrible, it's unpleasant.

Yes, as you said, "Human reason is different than Divine Revelation"; yes, for sure, it because Divine Revelation is from the tree of life, and Human reason is from the tree of evil, therefore, we cannot mix the two things, by no manner of means, if so, dies, understand? GOD said: These are the generations of the heavens(1) and of the earth(2) when they (the generations) were created in the Day that the Lord GOD made the earth and the heavens.(Heavens are not the Sky/physical space of Universe, but celestial environments created in Christ JESUS -Ephesians 1:v.3, among other references-Check it). By the way, the garden of Eden is a good example what is a celestial environment / an heavenly place created by our GOD.

The Divine Revelation is from above, it is from heaven, from the tree of good, it's from GOD, the tree of life, so, thinking from a human perspective, from HUMAN reason as you said, it is very different than Divine Revelation, because this is from MAN, it is from the tree of evil. A good example of this is showed in the Word of GOD -Matthew 16:v.22-23. Check it.
IT'S IMPORTANT TO UNDERSTAND: We cannot eat fruit of the two trees, from the good and evil tree, we cannot do a mix eating both fruits, if so, dies. As JESUS said, Render therefore unto Caesar the things which are Caesar's; and unto GOD the things that are GOD's-Matthew 22:v.19.

In other words, as was ordained by our GOD-Genesis 2:v.17, we cannot eat the fruit from the tree of the knowledge of good (FROM GOD, FROM HEAVEN, FROM ABOVE) and evil fruit (FROM MAN, FROM EARTH), fruit that springs from men, from the dust of earth, it sprouts from men in the way the Devil likes, whose thinking is only from a human perspective, and by them the Devil spread his tares).

As GOD said, of the tree of the knowledge of good (that is of GOD) and evil (that is of the Devil, or devils), thou shalt not eat of it: for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die. Yes, mixing the two types of language, the heavenly linguage with the earthly, and animal, and even bestial language of men, surely dies. Death and life are in the power of the tongue - Proverbs 18:v.21.

Knowing of this, Paul the Apostle said: Ye cannot drink the cup of the Lord, and the cup of devils(of men): ye cannot be partakers of the Lord's table, and of the table of devils(of men). But I say, that the things which the Gentiles sacrifice (their cults, their devilsh theories, the earth is infested of devilish theories, theories of demons), which they sacrifice to devils, and not to God: and I would not that ye should have FELLOWSHIP with devils-1Corinthians 10:v.20-21. GOD forbid us. Death and life are in the power of the tongue: and they that love it shall eat the fruit thereof. (Death or Life)-Proverbs 18:v.21.

That's me. I must really try your patience.
Oh, you are welcome. The patience works experience; and the experience, hope, and hope makes not confusion; because the love of GOD is shed abroad in our hearts by the Holy Spirit which is given unto us.

Thanks but even if true it redirects focus from the subject (free will) to me. A human and earthly creature .

In the environment created by GOD, a celestial place in Christ JESUS-Ephesians 1:v.3, there is not the supposed "free will" , absolutely, this theory is from the tree of evil. What prevails the Word of GOD, the Word of life, the Word is GOD, and what He ordains must be obeyed, otherwise dies.

"Free will" exists only and only in the satanic environment of the world of Devil, the world of death, there the men do what they want, every thing, in the way the Devil likes-1Corinthians 6:v.10-11, among others; Matthew 4:v.8-9- and they die.
The Devil tries to implant his satanic theory of "free will" within the heavenly place in Christ JESUS-Ephesians 1:v.3-but the true Christians do not ignore of his devices-2Corinthians 2:v.11, and are able to fight against the Devil's wiles-Ephesians 6:v.11.

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Thanks, by God's grace. But I'm not here to win a popularity contest rather, to declare His commands set forth in Matthew 28:19-20.

To God Be The Glory
Stay strong in Christ Jesus JunChosen, we are all in a race
Heb_3:1 Wherefore, holy brethren, partakers of the heavenly calling, consider the Apostle and High Priest of our profession, Christ Jesus;

Holy brethren (adelphoi hagioi). Only here in N.T., for hagiois in 1Th_5:27 only in late MSS. See Heb_2:11 for same idea. First time the author makes direct appeal to the readers, though first person in Heb_2:1.
Partakers (metochoi). See Luk_5:7 for “partners” in the fishing, elsewhere in N.T. only in Hebrews (Heb_1:9; Heb_6:4; Heb_12:8) in N.T.
Of a heavenly calling (klēseōs epouraniou). Only here in the N.T., though same idea in Heb_9:15. See hē anō klēsis in Php_3:14 (the upward calling). The call comes from heaven and is to heaven in its appeal.
Consider (katanoēsate). First aorist active imperative of katanoeō, old compound verb (kata, nous), to put the mind down on a thing, to fix the mind on as in Mat_7:3; Luk_12:24.
Even Jesus (Iēsoun). No “even” in the Greek, just like the idiom in Heb_2:9, the human name held up with pride.
The Apostle and High Priest of our confession (ton apostolon kai archierea tēs homologias hēmōn). In descriptive apposition with Iēsoun and note the single article ton. This is the only time in the N.T. that Jesus is called apostolos, though he often used apostellō of God’s sending him forth as in Joh_17:3 (apesteilas). This verb is used of Moses as sent by God (Exo_3:10). Moffatt notes that apostolos is Ionic for presbeutēs, “not a mere envoy, but an ambassador or representative sent with powers.” The author has already termed Jesus high priest (Heb_2:17). For homologia (confession) see 2Co_9:13; 1Ti_6:12. These Hebrew Christians had confessed Jesus as their Apostle and High Priest. They do not begin to understand what Jesus is and means if they are tempted to give him up. The word runs through Hebrews with an urgent note for fidelity (Heb_4:14; Heb_10:23). See homologeō (homon, same, legō, say), to say the same thing, to agree, to confess, to profess.
Let The Lion Loose.jpg

Oseas

Dec 22, 2019
Joinville
Faith
Christian
Country
Brazil
What's a conscience for if not to judge deeds freely chosen?
You speak from yourself, now, now, again, your thinking is from a human perspective, not from God's perspective! Matthew 16:v.22-23-Check it. By your words you are of this world, I am not.
Before GOD your conscience is good for nothing, except to be burned with everlasting fire. What prevails is the Word of GOD. The Word is GOD, understand?

What prevails is the Word of GOD.

Have you never read? JESUS left very clear that who really Judges is the Word of GOD: John 12:v.46-50

46 I am come a light into the world (a light into the world of Devil), that whosoever believeth on me should not abide in darkness.
47 And if any man hear my words, and believe not, I Judge him not: for I came not to Judge the world, but to save the world.

48 He that rejecteth me, and receiveth not my WORDS, hath one that Judgeth him: the Word that I have spoken, the same shall Judge him in the last Day. (THIS DAY ARRIVED)

49 For I have not spoken of MYSELF; but the Father which sent me, He gave me a commandment,
what I should say, and what I should speak.(YOU, ELOY, YOU SPEAK OF YOURSELF, AMONG MANY OTHERS)
50 And I know that His commandment is life everlasting: whatsoever I speak therefore, even as the Father said unto me, so I speak.

Well, the Judgment will be given to the saints of the most High; the time came(THE LAST DAY) that the saints will possess the kingdom. And the kingdom and dominion, and the greatness of the kingdom under the whole heaven, shall be given to the people of the saints of the most High, whose kingdom is an everlasting kingdom, and all dominions shall serve and obey him.-Dan.7:v.22-27.

They which shall be accounted WORTHY to reach that world (the next world-the kingdom of GOD), and the resurrection from the dead, neither marry, nor are given in marriage (Before GOD there is not free will, neither in this world, nor in the world to come) Neither can they die any more: for they are equal unto the angels; and are the children of GOD, being the children of the resurrection- Luke 20:v.35-36.
(Angels are men, equal in nature to JESUS, made in the image and likeness of GOD, they are gods, otherwise they are men/demons, fallen angels. He which is not angel of God, is a demon, there is no neutrality)

Oseas

Dec 22, 2019
Joinville
Faith
Christian
Country
Brazil
Interesting. So are you saying I have no choice to make before murdering someone, or sleeping with another man’s wife, or stealing his money. The Devil made me do it?
As you confess by your own words,"Free will" exists only and only in the satanic environment of the world of Devil, the world of death, there the men do what they want, every thing, in the way the Devil likes-1Corinthians 6:v.10-11, among others; Matthew 4:v.8-9- and they die.
The Devil tries to implant his satanic theory of "free will" within the HEAVENLY place in Christ JESUS-Ephesians 1:v.3-but the true Christians do not ignore of his devices-2Corinthians 2:v.11, and are able to fight against the Devil's wiles-Ephesians 6:v.11.

In the environment created by GOD, a celestial place in Christ JESUS-Ephesians 1:v.3, there is not the supposed "free will", absolutely, this theory is from the tree of evil. What prevails the Word of GOD, the Word of life, the Word is GOD, and what He ordains must be obeyed,
otherwise dies because you act in the way the Devil likes tempted by him and under his command, as you have posted.

EloyCraft

Mar 17, 2022
Az
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You speak from yourself, now, now, again, your thinking is from a human perspective, not from God's perspective! Matthew 16:v.22-23-Check it. By your words you are of this world, I am not.
Before GOD your conscience is good for nothing, except to be burned with everlasting fire. What prevails is the Word of GOD. The Word is GOD, understand?

What prevails is the Word of GOD.

Have you never read? JESUS left very clear that who really Judges is the Word of GOD: John 12:v.46-50

46 I am come a light into the world (a light into the world of Devil), that whosoever believeth on me should not abide in darkness.
47 And if any man hear my words, and believe not, I Judge him not: for I came not to Judge the world, but to save the world.

48 He that rejecteth me, and receiveth not my WORDS, hath one that Judgeth him: the Word that I have spoken, the same shall Judge him in the last Day. (THIS DAY ARRIVED)

49 For I have not spoken of MYSELF; but the Father which sent me, He gave me a commandment,
what I should say, and what I should speak.(YOU, ELOY, YOU SPEAK OF YOURSELF, AMONG MANY OTHERS)
50 And I know that His commandment is life everlasting: whatsoever I speak therefore, even as the Father said unto me, so I speak.

Well, the Judgment will be given to the saints of the most High; the time came(THE LAST DAY) that the saints will possess the kingdom. And the kingdom and dominion, and the greatness of the kingdom under the whole heaven, shall be given to the people of the saints of the most High, whose kingdom is an everlasting kingdom, and all dominions shall serve and obey him.-Dan.7:v.22-27.

They which shall be accounted WORTHY to reach that world (the next world-the kingdom of GOD), and the resurrection from the dead, neither marry, nor are given in marriage (Before GOD there is not free will, neither in this world, nor in the world to come) Neither can they die any more: for they are equal unto the angels; and are the children of GOD, being the children of the resurrection- Luke 20:v.35-36.
(Angels are men, equal in nature to JESUS, made in the image and likeness of GOD, they are gods, otherwise they are men/demons, fallen angels. He which is not angel of God, is a demon, there is no neutrality)
So much verbage yet no substance.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Stay strong in Christ Jesus JunChosen, we are all in a race
Heb_3:1 Wherefore, holy brethren, partakers of the heavenly calling, consider the Apostle and High Priest of our profession, Christ Jesus;

Holy brethren (adelphoi hagioi). Only here in N.T., for hagiois in 1Th_5:27 only in late MSS. See Heb_2:11 for same idea. First time the author makes direct appeal to the readers, though first person in Heb_2:1.
Partakers (metochoi). See Luk_5:7 for “partners” in the fishing, elsewhere in N.T. only in Hebrews (Heb_1:9; Heb_6:4; Heb_12:8) in N.T.
Of a heavenly calling (klēseōs epouraniou). Only here in the N.T., though same idea in Heb_9:15. See hē anō klēsis in Php_3:14 (the upward calling). The call comes from heaven and is to heaven in its appeal.
Consider (katanoēsate). First aorist active imperative of katanoeō, old compound verb (kata, nous), to put the mind down on a thing, to fix the mind on as in Mat_7:3; Luk_12:24.
Even Jesus (Iēsoun). No “even” in the Greek, just like the idiom in Heb_2:9, the human name held up with pride.
The Apostle and High Priest of our confession (ton apostolon kai archierea tēs homologias hēmōn). In descriptive apposition with Iēsoun and note the single article ton. This is the only time in the N.T. that Jesus is called apostolos, though he often used apostellō of God’s sending him forth as in Joh_17:3 (apesteilas). This verb is used of Moses as sent by God (Exo_3:10). Moffatt notes that apostolos is Ionic for presbeutēs, “not a mere envoy, but an ambassador or representative sent with powers.” The author has already termed Jesus high priest (Heb_2:17). For homologia (confession) see 2Co_9:13; 1Ti_6:12. These Hebrew Christians had confessed Jesus as their Apostle and High Priest. They do not begin to understand what Jesus is and means if they are tempted to give him up. The word runs through Hebrews with an urgent note for fidelity (Heb_4:14; Heb_10:23). See homologeō (homon, same, legō, say), to say the same thing, to agree, to confess, to profess.
View attachment 21564
Another great Spurgeon quote there, @Johann ... :)