One Creed to live by and die for...

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
He was foreknown as the Lamb who would take away sin.
Do you believe he was foreknown as the person Jesus, or some part of the Godhead? In some other form?
God knows everything before creation that would happen including the fall and the need to save man from sin.
Agree.

No big deal here as Gods foreknowledge about the future redemption in Christ has nothing to do with Him being God or not. Its called a non sequitur.
So 1 Peter 1:20 is no different then to Jeremiah.

Jeremiah 1:5, “‘Before I formed you in your mother’s womb I chose you. Before you were born I set you apart. I appointed you to be a
prophet to the nations.’

Of course, Jeremiah did not pre-exist, but like Jesus, was pre-known, as you said.

The other issue you have is the same language is used of the Saints.

1 Peter 1:2 who have been chosen according to the foreknowledge of God the Father, through the sanctifying work of the Spirit, to be obedient to Jesus Christ and sprinkled with his blood:

As Christ was also chosen according to the foreknowledge of God!

Rom 8:29. For those God foreknew he also predestined to be conformed to the image of his Son,

I can see how quickly you are to explain away 1 Peter 1:20 however Christ and the Saints are all spoken of collectively as being foreknown though not pre-existing.

I can see you can make clear judgements concerning the saints, which would be at odds with your understanding of Christ.

You really need clear teaching that Christ pre-existed, not in the foreknowledge of God (nonsensical) but as the One who "foreknew!"

You cant provide that text?

F2F

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you believe he was foreknown as the person Jesus, or some part of the Godhead? In some other form?

Agree.

So 1 Peter 1:20 is no different then to Jeremiah.

Jeremiah 1:5, “‘Before I formed you in your mother’s womb I chose you. Before you were born I set you apart. I appointed you to be a
prophet to the nations.’

Of course, Jeremiah did not pre-exist, but like Jesus, was pre-known, as you said.

The other issue you have is the same language is used of the Saints.

1 Peter 1:2 who have been chosen according to the foreknowledge of God the Father, through the sanctifying work of the Spirit, to be obedient to Jesus Christ and sprinkled with his blood:

As Christ was also chosen according to the foreknowledge of God!

Rom 8:29. For those God foreknew he also predestined to be conformed to the image of his Son,

I can see how quickly you are to explain away 1 Peter 1:20 however Christ and the Saints are all spoken of collectively as being foreknown though not pre-existing.

I can see you can make clear judgements concerning the saints, which would be at odds with your understanding of Christ.

You really need clear teaching that Christ pre-existed, not in the foreknowledge of God (nonsensical) but as the One who "foreknew!"

You cant provide that text?

F2F

John 1:1-3

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was in the beginning with God.

All things came into being by Him, and apart from Him nothing came into being that has come into being.

John 1:14
And the Word became flesh, and dwelt among us, and we beheld His glory

These verses in John’s prologue reveal the pre existence of the Eternal Word/Son who was God and became flesh. He was the Creator of all things. Nothing came into existence apart from Him. He is before everything that has a beginning.

John 1:15
John bore witness of Him, and cried out, saying, "This was He of whom I said, 'He who comes after me has a higher rank than I, for He existed before me.'"

John 1:30
"This is He on behalf of whom I said, 'After me comes a Man who has a higher rank than I, for He existed before me.'

John the Baptist was 6 months older than Jesus Christ. So it is impossible for Christ to be before him unless Jesus pre existed.

John 3:13
No one has ever gone into heaven except the one who came from heaven — the Son of Man.

Again we see the pre existence of the Son and where He declares that He came from heaven to earth.

John 3:17

"For God did not send the Son into the world to judge the world, but that the world should be saved through Him.

This verse shows the Son was sent from heaven by the Father to the earth.

John 6:38
For I have come down from heaven, not to do my own will but the will of him who sent me.

Human beings come into existence when they are born into this world, but we surely do not from Heaven.

John 8:23
"You are from beneath I Am from above, you are of this world I Am not of this world"

John 8:58
Jesus said to them, "Truly, truly, I say to you, before Abraham was born, I Am."

Here we see that Jesus lets the Pharisees know that He existed as a person before Abraham was born. Once again we see Jesus claiming to be the Eternal God.

John 17:5
And now, Father, glorify Me in your own presence with the glory that I had with you before the world existed.

Here we see the Son declared that He shared the same Glory together with the Father prior to creation. This passage makes Him equal with the Father as the Eternal God.

John 17:24
"Father, I desire that they also, whom Thou hast given Me, be with Me where I am, in order that they may behold My glory, which Thou hast given Me; for Thou didst love Me before the foundation of the world.

hope this helps !!!

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was in the beginning with God.

All things came into being by Him, and apart from Him nothing came into being that has come into being.

These verses in John’s prologue reveal the pre existence of the Eternal Word/Son who was God and became flesh. He was the Creator of all things. Nothing came into existence apart from Him. He is before everything that has a beginning.

John bore witness of Him, and cried out, saying, "This was He of whom I said, 'He who comes after me has a higher rank than I, for He existed before me.'"

"This is He on behalf of whom I said, 'After me comes a Man who has a higher rank than I, for He existed before me.'

John the Baptist was 6 months older than Jesus Christ. So it is impossible for Christ to be before him unless Jesus pre existed.

No one has ever gone into heaven except the one who came from heaven — the Son of Man.

Again we see the pre existence of the Son and where He declares that He came from heaven to earth.

"For God did not send the Son into the world to judge the world, but that the world should be saved through Him.

For I have come down from heaven, not to do my own will but the will of him who sent me.

Human beings come into existence when they are born into this world, but we surely do not from Heaven.

"You are from beneath I Am from above, you are of this world I Am not of this world"

Jesus said to them, "Truly, truly, I say to you, before Abraham was born, I Am."

Here we see that Jesus lets the Pharisees know that He existed as a person before Abraham was born. Once again we see Jesus claiming to be the Eternal God.

And now, Father, glorify Me in your own presence with the glory that I had with you before the world existed.

Here we see the Son declared that He shared the same Glory together with the Father prior to creation. This passage makes Him equal with the Father as the Eternal God.

"Father, I desire that they also, whom Thou hast given Me, be with Me where I am, in order that they may behold My glory, which Thou hast given Me; for Thou didst love Me before the foundation of the world.

hope this helps !!!
From that post I sense you haven't thought about it.
Sometimes the questions go beyond ones ability to answer.
F2F

Reactions: Wrangler

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

hope this helps !!!
Here is another example in case you have forgotten what we are talking about?

Hebrews 7:9‐10, “And it could be said that Levi himself, who receives tithes, paid a tithe through Abraham. For he was still in his ancestor Abraham’s loins when Melchizedek met him"

Since Levi would be a descendant of Abraham, he was so to speak in the loins of his father when Abraham was met by Melchizedek (alludes to Gen 14) and gave him a tithe. Therefore Levi may also be said to have tithed to Melchizedek through Abraham, and it is implied that Levi and his descendants are also subordinate to Melchizedek.

Maybe you can see how 1 Peter 1:20 is the One true God speaking of a Christ "known" and "designated", or marked out beforehand as per Gen 3:15 & Rev 13:18.

Again, you would need to be able to enter the Word and endeavor to understand it before commenting.

F2F

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
a far better way to read the bible would to simply be to trust in GOD . PUT DOWN ALL OTHER BOOKS MEN WROTE ABOUT THE BIBLE
and just read for ourselves . Now if folks did that , THINGS SURE COULD GET CLEARED UP much faster . MEN HAVE DONE MAJOR
damage to churches and folks . TIME WE READ THE BIBLE FOR OURSELVES and not through the lens
of calvin , ellen , popes , or etc . PICK IT UP . its not heavy . Toss aside all other manuels and help books .
PRAY TO GOD and BEHOLD Eyes will begin to be opened . ITS gets clearer and clearer in time . Just a friendly reminder .
Very friendly, indeed :)

• Love
Reactions: amigo de christo

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Here is a sincere and yet simple monotheistic Creed or affirmation of belief that is scriptural. source: Christian Monotheism: A Call to Return to the Creed of Jesus

we affirm​

• that the Bible, both Hebrew and Greek Scriptures, are inspired and true
  • that God is a singular individual named Yahweh (the Father of Jesus)
  • that Jesus was miraculously begotten by God in the womb of the virgin Mary
  • that Jesus could have sinned but instead chose to consistently obey the will of his Father in every situation
  • that God was at work in his Messiah in an unparalleled way such that Jesus was empowered to do many miracles
  • that Jesus is God's supreme agent and thus may be called God because he represents him
  • that Jesus died for our sins, was resurrected from the dead, ascended into heaven, and will return to judge the living and the dead
  • that the holy spirit is the means by which Father and Son are able to be present in the world even though they remain in heaven
  • that tens of thousands of singular pronouns (my addition - 'for God') mean that God is a singular individual

Now in contrast, I present the Nicene Creed It is also called the Niceno-Constantinopolitan Creed. It is not completely monotheistic!

Do you live by and will you die for this Nicene Creed so prevalently recited in both RCC and most MS Protestant Churches?

Here @amigo de christo is what most probably your church if you attend one, recites and believes in......do you agree with it? If not should you stay or not? These are serious questions that should influence your spiritual walk.

Here it is.....the MS Nicene Creed

I believe in one God,

the Father almighty,

maker of heaven and earth,

of all things visible and invisible.

I believe in one Lord Jesus Christ,

the Only Begotten Son of God,

born of the Father before all ages.

God from God, Light from Light,

true God from true God,

begotten, not made, consubstantial with the Father;

through him all things were made.

For us men and for our salvation

he came down from heaven,

and by the Holy Spirit was incarnate of the Virgin Mary,

and became man.

For our sake he was crucified under Pontius Pilate,

he suffered death and was buried,

and rose again on the third day

in accordance with the Scriptures.

He ascended into heaven

and is seated at the right hand of the Father.

He will come again in glory

to judge the living and the dead

and his kingdom will have no end.

I believe in the Holy Spirit, the Lord, the giver of life,

who proceeds from the Father [and the Son],

who with the Father and the Son is adored and glorified,

who has spoken through the prophets.

I believe in one, holy, catholic and apostolic Church.

I confess one Baptism for the forgiveness of sins

and I look forward to the resurrection of the dead

and the life of the world to come. Amen.
--------------

And further, is this Creed easy to understand? To me it is worded to be deliberately misleading as if to accommodate both the Monotheistic and non-Monotheistic views all wrapped up in one compromising creed.

Reactions: Wrangler

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

we affirm​

Down to 165 words. Nice. Here are a few suggestions:
we affirm
that the Bible, both Hebrew and Greek Scriptures, are is inspired by God and true;
that God is a singular individual person/Being named Yahweh (the Father of Jesus);
that tens of thousands of singular pronouns (my addition - 'for God') mean confirm that God is a singular individual;
that Jesus is God's Anointed to usher in the New and Everlasting Covenant, the Messiah, the Christ, YHWH's supreme agent through which the world is to be saved and judged and was miraculously begotten by God in the womb of the virgin Mary;
that Jesus could have sinned but instead chose to consistently obey the will of his Father in every situation;
that God was at work in his Messiah in an unparalleled way such that Jesus was empowered to do many miracles;
that Jesus is God's supreme agent and thus may be called God because he represents him because God delegated all authority to Jesus in heaven and Earth he is our lord and master;
that Jesus died for our sins, was resurrected from the dead as our guarentee of our joint inheritance of being brothers and sisters in Christ, ascended into heaven, and will return to judge the living and the dead;
that the holy spirit is not a person but an active energy, a way the means by which Father and Son are able to be present in the world even though they remain in heaven.

NOTES
CHANGE 1: Unnecessarily wordy. Added "by God" for clarification.
CHANGE 2: "Individual" may be taken as an adjective. Added clarifying nouns "person/Being."
CHANGE 3: 2nd that begins "God is." Defining who Jesus is, is symmetrical analytical structure and seems more important than how he was born.
CHANGE 4: We just spent 1600 years confusing who God is. No reason to continue to confuse it. Also, it is not merely that Jesus represents YHWH but that YHWH delegated all authority to Jesus. (Using the term "lord" for Jesus is consistent with 1 COR 8:6. There is no advantage to using terminology inconsistent with Scripture)
CHANGE 5: Moved this last "that" to immediately after 2nd "that" statement affirming God is a singular individual. This provides better reinforcement of 2nd that.
CHANGE 6: Moved Christ judging to 4th that and made explicit the importance to us of the resurrection, as well as our divine relationship to Jesus.
CHANGE 7: Clarified nature of Holy Spirit. Also eliminated potentially blasphemous statement asserting we know the exclusive means ("the means") by which the Supreme Being or His Anointed may carry out their will on Earth.
CHANGE 8: Ended each "that" statement with ";"

Regarding the red that; It seems to pale in comparison. Suggest replacing with an affirmation statement needed of faith in YHWH's Messiah to obtain our inheritance as children of God.

Final suggestion:
  1. move the word "that" to after 'we affirm.'
  2. number all the creedal points.
  3. delete the word "that" from the beginning of each creedal point.

Reactions: APAK

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Down to 165 words. Nice. Here are a few suggestions:
we affirm
that the Bible, both Hebrew and Greek Scriptures, are is inspired by God and true;
that God is a singular individual person/Being named Yahweh (the Father of Jesus);
that tens of thousands of singular pronouns (my addition - 'for God') mean confirm that God is a singular individual;
that Jesus is God's Anointed to usher in the New and Everlasting Covenant, the Messiah, the Christ, YHWH's supreme agent through which the world is to be saved and judged and was miraculously begotten by God in the womb of the virgin Mary;
that Jesus could have sinned but instead chose to consistently obey the will of his Father in every situation;
that God was at work in his Messiah in an unparalleled way such that Jesus was empowered to do many miracles;
that Jesus is God's supreme agent and thus may be called God because he represents him because God delegated all authority to Jesus in heaven and Earth he is our lord and master;
that Jesus died for our sins, was resurrected from the dead as our guarentee of our joint inheritance of being brothers and sisters in Christ, ascended into heaven, and will return to judge the living and the dead;
that the holy spirit is not a person but an active energy, a way the means by which Father and Son are able to be present in the world even though they remain in heaven.

NOTES
CHANGE 1: Unnecessarily wordy. Added "by God" for clarification.
CHANGE 2: "Individual" may be taken as an adjective. Added clarifying nouns "person/Being."
CHANGE 3: 2nd that begins "God is." Defining who Jesus is, is symmetrical analytical structure and seems more important than how he was born.
CHANGE 4: We just spent 1600 years confusing who God is. No reason to continue to confuse it. Also, it is not merely that Jesus represents YHWH but that YHWH delegated all authority to Jesus. (Using the term "lord" for Jesus is consistent with 1 COR 8:6. There is no advantage to using terminology inconsistent with Scripture)
CHANGE 5: Moved this last "that" to immediately after 2nd "that" statement affirming God is a singular individual. This provides better reinforcement of 2nd that.
CHANGE 6: Moved Christ judging to 4th that and made explicit the importance to us of the resurrection, as well as our divine relationship to Jesus.
CHANGE 7: Clarified nature of Holy Spirit. Also eliminated potentially blasphemous statement asserting we know the exclusive means ("the means") by which the Supreme Being or His Anointed may carry out their will on Earth.
CHANGE 8: Ended each "that" statement with ";"

Regarding the red that; It seems to pale in comparison. Suggest replacing with an affirmation statement needed of faith in YHWH's Messiah to obtain our inheritance as children of God.

Final suggestion:
  1. move the word "that" to after 'we affirm.'
  2. number all the creedal points.
  3. delete the word "that" from the beginning of each creedal point.
Let me work on it Wrangler. Thanks for the inputs on this version. I might generate another one to compare it with this one....

I do appreciate your work on this as there are some great inputs.....there is no private reading or sole authorship on this subject, so please consider yourself a co-worker and co-writer....and anyone else that's has some interest...:goodj:

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Men gonna do as men gonna do . men gonna believe as men gonna believe .
That should be "heretics will do what heretics will do". Deny and twist Bible truth to their own destruction. because they cannot fathom the deep things of God.

As also in all his epistles, speaking in them of these things; in which are some things hard to be understood, which they that are unlearned and unstable wrest, as they do also the other scriptures, unto their own destruction. (2 Peter 3:16)

Paul asserted many times that Jesus is God. But even more importantly, Jesus of Nazareth Himself asserted that He is God, and anyone who does not believe this will die in their sins.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That should be "heretics will do what heretics will do". Deny and twist Bible truth to their own destruction. because they cannot fathom the deep things of God.

As also in all his epistles, speaking in them of these things; in which are some things hard to be understood, which they that are unlearned and unstable wrest, as they do also the other scriptures, unto their own destruction. (2 Peter 3:16)

Paul asserted many times that Jesus is God. But even more importantly, Jesus of Nazareth Himself asserted that He is God, and anyone who does not believe this will die in their sins.
Why thank you for that wonderful correction . Your right . HERETICS will do as heretics will do . exactly .
BUT THE LAMBS WONT BE A HEEDING THEM .

Reactions: Marvelloustime

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

If you notice , HERETICS , MAJOR ONES LIKE HORT and WESCOTT , did a lot of damage .
THEMS HERETICS . As for me , I am sticking to the KJV . They always try and attack the english and say things
like oh those men didnt know koine greek or this or that . THIS LAMB wont be heeding such men .
THE KJV is one beautiful bible . AND ME IS STICKING TO IT . GOD IS HIS WORD . the discussion ENDS . GOD IS HIS WORD .
Folks no likey that so they try and change it . But lambs wont be heeding them .

Reactions: Marvelloustime

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

They play TWISTER SCRIPTURE . What they dont realize is they all tied up in a knot of lies .
Twisting and wresting the scriptures unto their own destruction . YOU IS RIGHT MY FRIEND .
HERETICS do as HERETICS DO . But lambs gonna follow and do as JESUS said to do and lambs are gonna stay dug in the bible .

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
  • that Jesus died for our sins, was resurrected from the dead, ascended into heaven, and will return to judge the living and the dead
Thanks Apak,

I think its critical to state that the Lord Jesus Christ came in the nature common to all mankind. He was strengthened by his Father
(Psa 80:17), and he conquered the flesh in life, and manifested the Divine character to perfection.

His obedience resulted in him submitting to a death on the cross, which was a public demonstration that the flesh must be crucified in order to serve God correctly (Gal 5:24)

F2F

Reactions: APAK

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Wrangler and @face2face... I took most of Wrangler's notes for changes to heart and nearly executed all of them, however I/ changed some of the language in the process...I hope I did not lose the message...I hope not Maybe 3 steps forward and one step backwards.

This is an an affirmation of belief and we cannot incorporate too many things and to the degree we want....only the critical stuff at least..

Comments please and they are encouraged F2F

---------------

We/I affirm that,

1. the Bible, in its original and first language, in its untampered form and format, is the collective inspired words of God;

2. that God is a singular individual person and one being called YHWH, or LORD God, the Father of his Son, Jesus or Yahshua;

3. that tens of thousands of singular personal pronouns, confirm he is truly the one God and the creator of all;

4. that Jesus our lord (owner) is the supreme anointed one or Messiah of God, charged to perform Father God's will to save mankind and usher in the new and everlasting Covenant for everlasting life in the Kingdom of God;

5. that Jesus was/is the supreme human agent and prophet of God who spoke God's word as God himself, although not being God;

6. that Jesus was/is conceived and born by the Father God's spirit in the womb of a women called Mariam or Mary;

7. that Jesus could have sinned against his Father God however chose instead to obey the will of his Father in every situation;

8. that God delegated all authority to his Son Jesus, in heaven and the earth;

9. that Jesus died and crucified his human body for our sins, lying dead for three days, his Father God resurrected or rebirthed Jesus to immortality and eternal life, and then he ascended into heaven;

10. that as a believer in the Father and the Son we are now guaranteed joint inheritance as brothers and sisters in and of our lord Jesus and Savior;

11. that the Holy Spirit is the Father God's Spirit that extends his/its presence and power into the earth enabling the Father and Son to be present in this world as they remain in the realm of heaven.

Last edited:
Reactions: WalterandDebbie

WalterandDebbie

Dec 14, 2009
USA
firstthings1sttab.tripod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Wrangler and @face2face... I took most of Wrangler's notes for changes to heart and nearly executed all of them, however I/ changed some of the language in the process...I hope I did not lose the message...I hope not Maybe 3 steps forward and one step backwards.

This is an an affirmation of belief and we cannot incorporate too many things and to the degree we want....only the critical stuff at least..

Comments please and they are encouraged F2F

---------------

We/I affirm that,

1. the Bible, in its original and first language, in its untampered form and format, is the collective inspired words of God;

2. that God is a singular individual person and one being called YHWH, or LORD God, the Father of his Son, Jesus or Yahshua;

3. that tens of thousands of singular personal pronouns, confirm he is truly the one God and the creator of all;

4. that Jesus our lord (owner) is the supreme anointed one or Messiah of God, charged to perform Father God's will to save mankind and usher in the new and everlasting Covenant for everlasting life in the Kingdom of God;

5. that Jesus was/is the supreme human agent and prophet of God who spoke God's word as God himself, although not being God;

6. that Jesus was/is conceived and born by the Father God's spirit in the womb of a women called Mariam or Mary;

7. that Jesus could have sinned against his Father God however chose instead to obey the will of his Father in every situation;

8. that God delegated all authority to his Son Jesus, in heaven and the earth;

9. that Jesus died and crucified his human body for our sins, lying dead for three days, his Father God resurrected or rebirthed Jesus to immortality and eternal life, and then he ascended into heaven;

10. that as a believer in the Father and the Son we are now guaranteed joint inheritance as brothers and sisters in and of our lord Jesus and Savior;

11. that the Holy Spirit is the Father God's Spirit that extends his/its presence and power into the earth enabling the Father and Son to be present in this world as they remain in the realm of heaven.
Hello APAK, And how are you all? Would you please share your views per scripture on #10? Thank you.

Love, Walter

Last edited:

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello APAK, And how are you all? Would please share your views per scripture on #10? Thank you.

Love, Walter
Walter, hello again:

Spiritual ties are far greater than blood ties of a family according to Jesus.

We as believers are granted as an inheritance (in our new spirit) whilst living and after our passage of death to new life, the title of truly being brothers and sisters in Christ, and in the Kingdom.

Maybe inheritance is a more difficult concept to understand in this context and subject?

---------------------Jesus once said---------

Matthew 12:48 “But He answered the one who was telling Him and said, ‘Who is My mother and who are My brothers?’ And stretching out His hand toward His disciples, He said, ‘Behold, My mother and My brothers!'” (speaking about his disciples here)

then in verse 50..
“For whoever does the will of My Father who is in heaven, he is My brother and sister and mother.” (speaking to anyone here)

Blood is thicker than water, although our new spirit is thicker that our family blood ties

Love and peace to you Walter...

Last edited:
Reactions: WalterandDebbie

WalterandDebbie

Dec 14, 2009
USA
firstthings1sttab.tripod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Walter, hello again:

We as believers are granted as an inheritance (in our new spirit) whilst living and after our passage of death to new life, the title of truly being brothers and sisters in Christ, and in the Kingdom.

Maybe inheritance is a more difficult concept to understand in this context and subject?

Matthew 12:48 “But He answered the one who was telling Him and said, ‘Who is My mother and who are My brothers?’ And stretching out His hand toward His disciples, He said, ‘Behold, My mother and My brothers!'” (speaking about his disciples here)

then in verse 50..
“For whoever does the will of My Father who is in heaven, he is My brother and sister and mother.” (speaking to anyone here)

Blood is thicker than water, although our new spirit is thicker that our family blood ties

I'm sorry Brother, But I meant #9 ok?

Love, Walter

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Walter, hello again:

then in verse 50..

@WalterandDebbie ...

Now what is the curiosity about in #9 Walter, the crucifying of the weak human sinful flesh where Christ never sinned, or the rebirth of Christ by his Father after his death to become immortal?

I will address both then...they 'go together naturally'

There is a real significance that Christ has to be a human body walking in a physical human body on earth. He was the 2nd Adam of course for a reason...keep that in mind as I continue to write more...

As Adam became a corrupted spirit caused by his weak sinful human flesh, Christ had to counter this fallen nature of Adam and crucify his own human flesh to symbolize at least for the Father's sake and scripture that Adam's sin was dead because of human flesh. Just like Christ did not sin he still performed the/his Baptism as a sinner even though he never sinned. Again for his Father and for the sake of scripture.

And to complement this act is his rebirth from the death. Just like Adam was of the earth and dead in his sins, the 2nd Adam became a quickening life-giving spirit with his own rebirth to new life as the first of the new creation of God. The first Adam was the first creation of physical body. The 2nd Adam from the physical body to the spirit body and eternally alive.

Both the crucifixion and death of the human flesh and the rebirth are complimentary and a necessary sequence of events.

This is really what is meant by the first (human being) (creation) from the dead....and we are next up..amen

I will have to take a little time to sequence and present scripture on all this....and you can see some of it already in my writing here I expect

Peace to you Walter.

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@WalterandDebbie
scripture for #9

Gal 5:24 And those who belong to Christ Jesus has crucified the flesh with its passions and desires.​

Mark 14: 38 Watch and pray that you may not enter into temptation. The spirit indeed is willing, but the flesh is weak.” .......Christ crucified it and we also crucify our own by faith in his actions​

“And He is the head of the body, the church, who is the beginning, the first-born from the dead, that in all things He may have the preeminence.” (Colossians 1:18)​

Now it is a rebirth beside a first birth for the dead to new life in a spirit body.​

You see I believe that Jesus was born in that manager and never pre-existed, so it is fitting to say reborn.....only those that believe that Christ has a previous existence that is not scripture, will turn a head to this type of writing.