One Gospel

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

soul man

Jan 6, 2018
Fletcher
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
One gospel

A new gospel, is this what is needed in our world today. Has the “grand old gospel” failed us. These are questions that hungry, sincere believers are asking today. Everywhere, we see different gospels preached that seem to be contrary to the way that the Spirit is leading many truly hungry hearts.
Often there seems to be a different gospel for every ministry, and multitudes are being deceived by them. There can be only one true gospel from our Father.

There can be only one true message brought by the Holy Spirit. Yet, those who claim to hear from God seem to say different things. Hungry hearts are left to discerning, on their own, what truths they are to follow, as if the Scriptures never give a distinct sound or bring a clear message.
It is not a new gospel that we need. The “grand old gospel” has not failed us. In fact, most believers do not even know what the “grand old gospel” is.

It is an unbelievable fact that the Bible, which has been the most read book in history and is the very life-line of every true believer, still holds the basic truth of the gospel, but the average believer is oblivious to its message.
Modern believers are constantly diverted from the truth of God’s message by seeking their own answers, instead of God’s purpose, in the Bible.

While God’s Word is dedicated to meeting human need, it’s far greater purpose is showing forth God’s purpose in mankind. God’s purpose in mankind is for Him to find a people to fill His house and train those people in His kind of love.
So it is not a great revival that we need. It is not the winning of more souls that we need. It is not human success with God that is important. The problem of Christianity is much more acute than this. The real problem is in the gospel that we preach.

Now, the true Gospel must, most of all, be based on God’s ultimate intention for man. The first chronological mention of man in the Scriptures is in Ephesians 1:4, where Paul says man was chosen to be in Christ, before the foundation of the world.
That means the first thought God ever had concerning mankind, as far as the written record goes, was that believers would be in Christ. I see this as God’s prime and ultimate intention for man.

To ignore the importance of this is to pervert the gospel and that is what many have done today. If you do not start with this primary “God idea,” every other place you start to understand God will be lacking. The believer “chosen in Christ” is the only foundation that the Father and the Scriptures build upon.

Most in religion have failed to realize this. Keeping believers from understanding is Satan’s main objective.

tabletalk

Feb 6, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
One gospel

A new gospel, is this what is needed in our world today. Has the “grand old gospel” failed us. These are questions that hungry, sincere believers are asking today. Everywhere, we see different gospels preached that seem to be contrary to the way that the Spirit is leading many truly hungry hearts.
Often there seems to be a different gospel for every ministry, and multitudes are being deceived by them. There can be only one true gospel from our Father.

There can be only one true message brought by the Holy Spirit. Yet, those who claim to hear from God seem to say different things. Hungry hearts are left to discerning, on their own, what truths they are to follow, as if the Scriptures never give a distinct sound or bring a clear message.
It is not a new gospel that we need. The “grand old gospel” has not failed us. In fact, most believers do not even know what the “grand old gospel” is.

It is an unbelievable fact that the Bible, which has been the most read book in history and is the very life-line of every true believer, still holds the basic truth of the gospel, but the average believer is oblivious to its message.
Modern believers are constantly diverted from the truth of God’s message by seeking their own answers, instead of God’s purpose, in the Bible.

While God’s Word is dedicated to meeting human need, it’s far greater purpose is showing forth God’s purpose in mankind. God’s purpose in mankind is for Him to find a people to fill His house and train those people in His kind of love.
So it is not a great revival that we need. It is not the winning of more souls that we need. It is not human success with God that is important. The problem of Christianity is much more acute than this. The real problem is in the gospel that we preach.

Now, the true Gospel must, most of all, be based on God’s ultimate intention for man. The first chronological mention of man in the Scriptures is in Ephesians 1:4, where Paul says man was chosen to be in Christ, before the foundation of the world.
That means the first thought God ever had concerning mankind, as far as the written record goes, was that believers would be in Christ. I see this as God’s prime and ultimate intention for man.

To ignore the importance of this is to pervert the gospel and that is what many have done today. If you do not start with this primary “God idea,” every other place you start to understand God will be lacking. The believer “chosen in Christ” is the only foundation that the Father and the Scriptures build upon.

Most in religion have failed to realize this. Keeping believers from understanding is Satan’s main objective.

You said: "It is an unbelievable fact that the Bible, which has been the most read book in history and is the very life-line of every true believer, still holds the basic truth of the gospel, but the average believer is oblivious to its message."

How can "an unbelievable fact" be believed? If it is unbelievable, then even you can't believe it, let alone any other 'believer'.

Godssrvr

Jan 16, 2018
South East/Tuscaloosa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not sure why you would point out the fact that the truth of the gospel is being maligned "everywhere", but never once tell what the truth of the gospel is.

The truth of the gospel is, Jesus Christ came as the promised Messiah as God in the flesh offered as the perfect and eternal sacrifice for sin to redeem those who would simply trust that He died for the forgiveness of their sins. He died on the cross, was buried, and rose again the third day. Because He lives, we have the opportunity to receive life eternal as a free gift from God by grace, through faith, in Christ alone without the works of the law.

1 Corinthians 15:1-4
1 Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand;

2 By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain.

3 For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;

4 And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:

Godssrvr

Jan 16, 2018
South East/Tuscaloosa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
if you find "simply trust that Christ died for you" anywhere, then imo Scripture is being cherry-picked wadr
bc that is not the Gospel at all

Right, you won't find my words quoted in the bible, but you can find God's Words. I'm not sure what you are trying to prove by your statement, but I'll just leave these two examples from scripture for you to try to malign, and then you can take it up with God later. I speak the truth, I use scripture to back it, and you try your best to cast doubt on it. Now what spirit would lead you to do that?

Acts 10:43
To him give all the prophets witness, that through his name whosoever believeth in him shall receive remission of sins.

1 Corinthians 15:3-4
For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
I speak the truth
:rolleyes: oh jeez
I use scripture to back it, and you try your best to cast doubt on it. Now what spirit would lead you to do that?
ha, funny, i am just now discussing this with someone else, so by your leave, pls take note here... @Taken, how "i believe Scripture" is made into "you have to agree with me."

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
I speak the truth, I use scripture to back it, and you try your best to cast doubt on it. Now what spirit would lead you to do that?
now i don't mean any offense here, ok, we all do this at one point, i did it for like 100 years, so i can suffer a few years of payback, but trust me there are more rungs on this ladder, ok. This is a path to delusion, as the meme illustrates,
PdwroHY.jpg

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
:rolleyes: oh jeez
ha, funny, i am just now discussing this with someone else, so by your leave, pls take note here... @Taken, how "i believe Scripture" is made into "you have to agree with me."

No, I do not have to agree with you.
My belief In God, In His Word, IS EXPRESSLY between the Lord and myself.

Your word was not recorded in Scripture.
You MIGHT claim to agree with something recorded in Scripture; and thus you and I would likewise be agreeing with a SAME portion recorded in Scripture.

Another person may have ALSO, received the Understanding FROM GOD, of His Word, and be speaking of that Understanding. If I have also received Gods Understanding ON THE SAME TOPIC, that person and I would be in Agreement of the Understanding given each of us From God.

God DESIRES men to be in agreement; OF BELIEF IN Him, His Word, His Understanding...

Get it? The agreeing among men, concerning God, His Word, His Understanding.....ALL originates from God...not the men.

God Bless,
Taken

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
never said you did, Taken

wadr i'm thinkin this phone interface is a hindrance, kudos though for even attempting it!

Using the phone to post definitely is not ideal, but the best option for me getting reception being out in the sticks, and even on my phone, the service stops and resumes repeatedly. Challenging, for sure.

God Bless,
Taken

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Using the phone to post definitely is not ideal, but the best option for me getting reception being out in the sticks, and even on my phone, the service stops and resumes repeatedly. Challenging, for sure.

God Bless,
Taken
arg, there are ways to amp the signal, tried them?

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
arg, there are ways to amp the signal, tried them?

Computer tech things, its terminology, and formatting is NOT MY GIG!! Lol

Point being, I don't like, don't deal with it, and there you have a very NATUAL TRUTH of my own...lol

IOW, I have no desire to fiddle with that stuff. If I turn on the electronic gadget and it works, and has little issues, I just deal with it.
If it doesn't work, my son is a computer whiz, and takes care of it for me. He knows it, he likes it, and I let him. And that harmonizes for us. :)

God Bless,
Taken