only a few...

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Jesus intended for His Sheep to imitate Him in spirit and in Truth.

Only His Sheep can hear His voice, though.

Joh_4:23 But the hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth: for the Father seeketh such to worship him.

Joh_4:24 God is Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.

..nothing here about imitation which is not found in the Bible but a lot of 'examples' and do remember the 1050 Imperatives and the 3 Imperatives in

denying self
Take up your cross
Follow the Master.
J.

Reactions: L.A.M.B.

GEN2REV

May 12, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Correct you are Robert, only the elect/chosen/few are saved..till the fullness of the Gentiles comes in.
J.
Yay!! More Pre-Mil!

We get a little dab of Pre-Mil in every single thread now.

Amazing!

Gotta reinforce the mental programming constantly lest they begin to see the Truth!

GEN2REV

May 12, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Joh_4:23 But the hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth: for the Father seeketh such to worship him.
:24 God is Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.

..nothing here about imitation which is not found in the Bible but a lot of 'examples' and do remember the 1050 Imperatives and the 3 Imperatives in

denying self
Take up your cross
Follow the Master.
J.
Oh yeah, it's right here.

1 John 2:6
GEN2REV said:
What about walking (living) as Jesus walked (lived)?

You just ignored it, ... as always. :)

GEN2REV

May 12, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is not even worth a reply
J.
Yet you replied anyway.

How charitable. :)

I'm sorry your thread has been dismantled by the Scripture that I've presented. As Christians we must learn to accept the Truth of God's Word; even when it embarrasses us profoundly.

God intends to humble you and I guess I'll continue to be His tool for that as this is about the 10th thread of yours that I've had to correct and expose your faulty doctrines in.

In love, of course.

God bless you, J.

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Yet you replied anyway.

How charitable. :)

I'm sorry your thread has been dismantled by the Scripture that I've presented. As Christians we must learn to accept the Truth of God's Word; even when it embarrasses us profoundly.

God intends to humble you and I guess I'll continue to be His tool for that as this is about the 10th thread of yours that I've had to correct and expose your faulty doctrines in.

In love, of course.

God bless you, J.

How nice to know I have a hound dog following me around..and you cannot fault my doctrines since it is not my doctrines.
Care to give it a go?
J.

GEN2REV

May 12, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How nice to know I have a hound dog following me around..and you cannot fault my doctrines since it is not my doctrines.
Care to give it a go?
J.
I think you've had enough, but give it your best shot.

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Yay!! More Pre-Mil!

We get a little dab of Pre-Mil in every single thread now.

Amazing!

Gotta reinforce the mental programming constantly lest they begin to see the Truth!

Yeah, truth, when presented, has that reaction.
J.

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Ok. Counter this:

Living as Jesus lived is imitating Jesus ... in spirit and in Truth.

Counter it?
What stands written, stands written, Perfect Tense.
Why on earth should I counter the scriptures?

He abideth in Him (ἐν αὐτῷ μένειν)
To abide in God is a more common expression with John than to be in God, and marks an advance in thought. The phrase is a favorite one with John. See Joh_15:4 sqq.; Joh_6:56; 1Jn_2:24, 1Jn_2:27, 1Jn_2:28; 1Jn_3:6, 1Jn_3:24; 1Jn_4:12 sq.; 1Jn_4:15 sq. Bengel notes the gradation in the three phrases “to know Him, to be in Him, to abide in Him; knowledge, fellowship, constancy.”
Ought (ὀφείλει)
An obligation, put as a debt. See Luk_17:10, and on debts, Mat_6:12. The word expresses a special, personal obligation, and not as δεῖ must, an obligation in the nature of things. See Joh_20:9, and compare 1Jn_3:16; 1Jn_4:11; 3Jn_1:8.
He (ἐκεῖνος)
Always of Christ in the Epistles of John. See ἐκείνης, referring to ἁμαρτία sin, 1Jn_5:16.
Vincent

Himself also to walk (kai autos peripatein). Present active infinitive after opheilei (ought), “Himself also to keep on walking,” a continuous performance, not a spasmodic spurt.
Even as he walked (kathōs ekeinos periepatēsen). Constative aorist active indicative summing up the life of Christ on earth with the emphatic use of the demonstrative ekeinos in reference to Christ as in 1Jn_3:3, 1Jn_3:5, 1Jn_3:7, 1Jn_3:16; 1Jn_4:17; Joh_7:11; Joh_9:12, Joh_9:28; Joh_19:21.
Robertson

1) "He that saith he abideth in him." The one claiming (Greek menein) to remain, abide, or dwell in Jesus Christ, Joh_15:4-5; Joh_15:10.

2) "Ought himself also so to walk." (Greek ofeilei) ought or is morally obligated - himself (reflexively), just as that one (Jesus Christ) walked. Mat_17:27; Luk_9:51-56; Joh_8:29-31.

3) "Even as he walked". (houtos peripatein) thus, as, or like (He walked) to walk or to deport himself. As Jesus came to do, not His own, but the Father's will, so should the believer seek to do the will of Jesus. Genuine joy and fellowship with God is contingent or conditioned upon one's doing the will of God in his daily life - the avenue to true joy and fellowship. Joh_4:34; Psa_40:8.

Hymn -When we walk with the Lord In the light of His word
What a glory he sheds on our way. When we do his good will,
He abides with us still And with all who will trust and obey.
Trust and obey, for there is no other way To be happy in Jesus, but to trust and obey.

Garner-Howes

I'm in full agreement here!
J.

Reactions: marks

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Counter it?
What stands written, stands written, Perfect Tense.
Why on earth should I counter the scriptures?

He abideth in Him (ἐν αὐτῷ μένειν)
To abide in God is a more common expression with John than to be in God, and marks an advance in thought. The phrase is a favorite one with John. See Joh_15:4 sqq.; Joh_6:56; 1Jn_2:24, 1Jn_2:27, 1Jn_2:28; 1Jn_3:6, 1Jn_3:24; 1Jn_4:12 sq.; 1Jn_4:15 sq. Bengel notes the gradation in the three phrases “to know Him, to be in Him, to abide in Him; knowledge, fellowship, constancy.”
Ought (ὀφείλει)
An obligation, put as a debt. See Luk_17:10, and on debts, Mat_6:12. The word expresses a special, personal obligation, and not as δεῖ must, an obligation in the nature of things. See Joh_20:9, and compare 1Jn_3:16; 1Jn_4:11; 3Jn_1:8.
He (ἐκεῖνος)
Always of Christ in the Epistles of John. See ἐκείνης, referring to ἁμαρτία sin, 1Jn_5:16.
Vincent

Himself also to walk (kai autos peripatein). Present active infinitive after opheilei (ought), “Himself also to keep on walking,” a continuous performance, not a spasmodic spurt.
Even as he walked (kathōs ekeinos periepatēsen). Constative aorist active indicative summing up the life of Christ on earth with the emphatic use of the demonstrative ekeinos in reference to Christ as in 1Jn_3:3, 1Jn_3:5, 1Jn_3:7, 1Jn_3:16; 1Jn_4:17; Joh_7:11; Joh_9:12, Joh_9:28; Joh_19:21.
Robertson

1) "He that saith he abideth in him." The one claiming (Greek menein) to remain, abide, or dwell in Jesus Christ, Joh_15:4-5; Joh_15:10.

2) "Ought himself also so to walk." (Greek ofeilei) ought or is morally obligated - himself (reflexively), just as that one (Jesus Christ) walked. Mat_17:27; Luk_9:51-56; Joh_8:29-31.

3) "Even as he walked". (houtos peripatein) thus, as, or like (He walked) to walk or to deport himself. As Jesus came to do, not His own, but the Father's will, so should the believer seek to do the will of Jesus. Genuine joy and fellowship with God is contingent or conditioned upon one's doing the will of God in his daily life - the avenue to true joy and fellowship. Joh_4:34; Psa_40:8.

Hymn -When we walk with the Lord In the light of His word
What a glory he sheds on our way. When we do his good will,
He abides with us still And with all who will trust and obey.
Trust and obey, for there is no other way To be happy in Jesus, but to trust and obey.

Garner-Howes

I'm in full agreement here!
J.

Guess that put @GEN2REV to sleep, or it went right over his head.
J.