only a few...

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What post and from whom
Getting kind of tired of these frivolous, in the flesh, bantering.
J.
But I'll tell you what is tiring. The people that come on here that think they're here to teach everyone and are above correction. Happens a lot lately. Won't name names.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You may as well, Johann is his name.
J.
The avatar I was referring to is Taken's, with her tongue out in the paper plate. It was a joke she made with her avatar that made it funny. And a risky link in the OP.

But Johann if you're here to preach to the choir then I'll just stay out of it. We have lots of denominations represented here and they all firmly believe that they are correct. I wouldn't come here trying to teach anyone anything. But I will, from time to time, represent my beliefs in a thread.

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
The avatar I was referring to is Taken's, with her tongue out in the paper plate. It was a joke she made with her avatar that made it funny. And a risky link in the OP.

But Johann if you're here to preach to the choir then I'll just stay out of it. We have lots of denominations represented here and they all firmly believe that they are correct. I wouldn't come here trying to teach anyone anything. But I will, from time to time, represent my beliefs in a thread.

Don't let me stop you, you are more than welcome to share what you believe.
Shalom
J.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh yes, like here, no good news and runs exponentially rampant, only a few will be saved, the link that 'reeks' is from a Baptist Church Wallace the minister.

Only a few will be saved

Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.

For many are called, but few are chosen

J.

Revelation 7:9 After this I beheld, and, lo, a great multitude, which no man could number, of all nations, and kindreds, and people, and tongues, stood before the throne, and before the Lamb, clothed with white robes, and palms in their hands;

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Great verse @devin553344 !
J.
Thanks Johann :) I think sometimes people focus on one verse and throw out other verses that make clear the meaning of those verses. Something that is done a lot around here. Not that you are doing that, but perhaps the baptist was.

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Thanks Johann :) I think sometimes people focus on one verse and throw out other verses that make clear the meaning of those verses. Something that is done a lot around here. Not that you are doing that, but perhaps the baptist was.

Yes, context and comparing scripture with scripture
Shalom
J.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Mat_7:14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.
The hodos is not only narrow but straight

J.
It will feel like it's crushing you as you squeeze your way through it.

Much love!

Reactions: Johann

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Actually many will be saved...among the righteous.

Im trying to decipher your obtuse sentence.

Are you saying that there are some who are not born again, that are saved, among the Born again?
Are you making a distinction between saved and righteous, as if being "made righteous" by God, through the blood of Jesus, has not happened to the "saved"?

GEN2REV

May 12, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Counter it?
What stands written, stands written, Perfect Tense.
Why on earth should I counter the scriptures?
Exactly. We are to imitate (walk/live as He did) Christ.

You're finally admitting it.

And Christ obeyed all of the Father's Commandments - all 10 of them.
John 15:10.

Therefore, that is something that we DO, it's an ACTION that we take, with the assistance of the Holy Spirit.

But it's still something WE must DO, and submit to.

I rest my case.

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa

Therefore, that is something that we DO, it's an ACTION that we take, with the assistance of the Holy Spirit.

I rest my case.

I 'finally' admit it?
There are over 1050 Imperatives in scripture, do you know what an Imperative, Middle/Passive Aorist is?
Still waiting for my 10 erroneous posts.
J.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I rest my case.
Jesus added a lot to do beyond the 10 commandments though. Like the sheep and goats (Matthew 25:31-46). Baptism (Acts of the Apostles 2:38), Confirmation of the Holy Ghost (Acts of the Apostles 8:18), Bread and Wine (John 6:54). Etc.

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Jesus added a lot to do beyond the 10 commandments though. Like the sheep and goats (Matthew 25:31-46). Baptism (Acts of the Apostles 2:38), Confirmation of the Holy Ghost (Acts of the Apostles 8:18), Bread and Wine (John 6:54). Etc.

@devin553344...now we are sealed with the Holy Spirit.

Eph_1:13 In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also
after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise,

Ye were sealed (esphragisthēte). First aorist passive indicative of sphragizō, old verb, to set a seal on one as a mark or stamp, sometimes the marks of ownership or of worship of deities like stigmata (Gal_6:17). Marked and authenticated as God’s heritage as in Eph_4:30. See note on 2Co_1:22 for the very use of the metaphor here applied to the Holy Spirit even with the word arrabōn (earnest).
Spirit (pneumati). In the instrumental case.

Ye were sealed (ἐσφραγίσθητε)
See on Joh_3:33; see on Rev_22:10. Sealed with the assurance of the Holy Spirit. Rom_8:16; 2Co_1:22; 2Ti_2:19.
Spirit of promise
Strictly, the promise. Denoting the promise as characteristic of the Holy Spirit: the Spirit which was announced by promise. See Act_2:16 sqq.; Joe_2:28; Zec_12:10; Isa_32:15; Isa_44:3; Joh_7:39; Act_1:4-8; Gal_3:14.

Shalom
J.

Eph_4:30 And grieve not the holy Spirit of God, whereby ye are sealed unto the day of redemption.

Reactions: dev553344

GEN2REV

May 12, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not sure what the Matthew 25 passage about the Sheep and Goats has to do with what is expected of us, but it appears that none of these things matter if we're not obeying the Commandments.

Jesus tells us in John 14:21-23 that it is prerequisite to receiving the Holy Spirit. Without the Holy Spirit, Jesus doesn't know us and we are not accepted into heaven. Matthew 7:21-23 also shows that we must obey the Commandments when He tells the 'Many' who cried 'Lord, Lord' that they are being turned away because He never 'knew' them (never entered them as the Spirit) because they were workers of iniquity (habitual law breakers who caused others to sin as well as a result of their life example.)

Reactions: dev553344