Only Believers are Resurrected?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Is this how you enlighten others by telling them to read podcasts and rather NOT reason on the matter? 1 Peter 3:15
why so prickly JC?
We don't know what we don't know. Here's an opportunity to avail yourself of new information.....information presented in a way superior to a few forum posts.

JunChosen

Apr 7, 2020
Los Angeles
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't think one person has commented who considered the possibility objectively yet.

Really? I think you should look in the mirror.

That's not the issue at all. The issue is, like you say, a listening problem. Because this concept is a dire threat to OSAS
I'm certain it is you who has a listening problem.

Since you are an expert in the doctrine of OSAS tell us, when Jesus went to the cross to pay for your sins, how many sins did He pay for some, past sins, future sins or all of your sins.... past, present, and future?

And if all, what sin can you commit that will put you in hell? NONE! Therefore, Once Saved Always Saved!!!
However, I must point out that the doctrine of OSAS is NEVER a license to sin!

Listen and learn well!

JunChosen

Apr 7, 2020
Los Angeles
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
why so prickly JC?
We don't know what we don't know. Here's an opportunity to avail yourself of new information.....information presented in a way superior to a few forum posts.

I apologize if I seemed prickly. I just don;t subscribe to the teachings of others unless I've been given Scripture references for me to see if his/their conclusions are faithful to the word of God.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I apologize if I seemed prickly. I just don;t subscribe to the teachings of others unless I've been given Scripture references for me to see if his/their conclusions are faithful to the word of God.
In that case listening to the podcast is in your interest :)

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
@Backlit (shadow person)
@The Disciple John
@JunChosen
@quietthinker
@Enoch111
@dad

Found a nice new shiny nugget for this thread. And from the very first Psalm, no less.

Behold:

"Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, ... he shall be like a tree planted by the rivers of water, that bringeth forth his fruit in his season; his leaf also shall not wither; ... The ungodly are not so: but are like chaff which the wind driveth away (after their death). Therefore the ungodly shall not stand in the judgment, nor sinners in the congregation of the righteous. For the Lord knoweth the way of the righteous: but the way of the ungodly shall perish."
Psalms 1

The ungodly will not stand before God to be judged. Therefore, they will not even be resurrected.

Just as this Psalm tells us. If they will never stand before God, what else would become of them? They don't ever stand before God because they were never resurrected. They were like chaff in the wind upon their death. You will look for them diligently, but will not find them. They were like blades of grass in the hot sun. They are ... no more.

The hour of resurrection will come. Of those who are resurrected, those who have done good will be raised to life, but those who have done bad will be raised to damnation.
John 5:28-29

All those who stand before God will be believers. Plain as day.

And the sinners and ungodly unbelievers .. will .. not .. be .. resurrected.
As if none of us have studied this topic before this thread, and as if the scriptures you are offering such as Psalm 1, is new to us. Perhaps new to you seeing you stated at the beginning of the thread that you hadn't studied this topic previously, which begs the question, do you think you should be so adamant that what you have found out in the last 5 mounties is more truthful than what others and their forbears have been studying off and on for decades? Now of course, maybe you are right, and for decades everyone else has been mistaken. But not on the evidence so far my friend. For example, have you considered that singers aren't raised to judgement, but to the execution of their sentence already passed in judgement? Sure, not everyone sees that necessarily, and maybe there are nuances to it we don't understand. But consider this...
KJV Isaiah 33:14-15
14 The sinners in Zion are afraid; fearfulness hath surprised the hypocrites. Who among us shall dwell with the devouring fire? who among us shall dwell with everlasting burnings
15 He that walketh righteously, and speaketh uprightly; he that despiseth the gain of oppressions, that shaketh his hands from holding of bribes, that stoppeth his ears from hearing of blood, and shutteth his eyes from seeing evil

Here is a description of the righteous being able to stand in the midst of everlasting fire without torment. Sorry, but your arguments aren't done and dusted quite yet.
;?;

The Disciple John

Mar 11, 2022
Dennery
Faith
Christian
Country
Saint Lucia
Sorry, but these Scripture references you quoted above are "principles" and have nothing to do with with a 1,000 yrs. reign of Christ on earth!
Revelation 20 does refer to the 1,000 year reign of Christ. Reading from verses 1 through, the events as as follows.
The Devil and demons are bound.
The resurrections take place.
Persons are judged from the books.
The 1,000 years end.
The Devil is released briefly.
He along with all who are not obedient, are cast into the lake of fire, along with death.
Revelation 21:1-4 summarizes with the good results... mentioning that death is gone.

1 Corinthians does not deal with the 1,000 year reign, but after death is cast into the lake of fire.
1 Corinthians 15:25-26
25 For He must reign till He has put all enemies under His feet. 26 The last enemy that will be destroyed is death.

You will NEVER find in the Bible that speaks of any such 1,000 yrs. reign of Christ in this sinful cursed earth!
The new heavens and new earth are not cursed.
Have you read verse 5 of Revelation 21?
Revelation 21:5 Then He who sat on the throne said, “Behold, I make all things new.” And He said to me, “Write, for these words are true and faithful.”
The earth is made new.
The 1,000 year reign allows that.

Actually, when God brought the flood, the earth was cursed, but God cleansed it. At Genesis 8:21, he made a promise. God always keeps his promises.
Genesis 8:21 And the Lord smelled a soothing aroma. Then the Lord said in His heart, “I will never again curse the ground for man’s sake, although the imagination of man’s heart is evil from his youth; nor will I again destroy every living thing as I have done."

You don't think God breaks his promises, do you.
The animals are included in God's purpose. He will not wipe them out. They live here on earth.
They too will live during and after the 1,000 year rule of Christ.
This is prophecied at Isaiah 11:1-9 Illustration

The only thing that's wrong on the earth are wicked people, and liars, and God promises to remove these.
Psalms 37:10 For yet a little while and the wicked shall be no more;
Indeed, you will look carefully for his place,
But it shall be no more.

Proverbs 2:22
But the wicked will be cut off from the earth,
And the unfaithful will be uprooted from it

Revelation 11:18
The nations were angry, and Your wrath has come,
And the time of the dead, that they should be judged,
And that You should reward Your servants the prophets and the saints,
And those who fear Your name, small and great,
And should destroy those who destroy the earth.”

Revelation 21:8 But the cowardly, unbelieving, abominable, murderers, sexually immoral, sorcerers, idolaters, and all liars shall have their part in the lake which burns with fire and brimstone, which is the second death.”

...but the meek will live forever on it.
Psalms 37:9 For evildoers shall be cut off; But those who wait on the Lord, They shall inherit the earth.
Psalms 37:11 But the meek shall inherit the earth, And shall delight themselves in the abundance of peace.
Psalms 37:29 The righteous shall inherit the land, And dwell in it forever.
Proverbs 2:21; Revelation 21:3-4

Matthew 5:5 Blessed are the meek, For they shall inherit the earth.

It will be so good when all the liars of false religion are gone, along with the rest of the wicked.
Were you hoping to see every verse in Revelation read... "And during the 1,000 years of Christ..."?
You don't think God knows what he is doing?

You are adding words to the Bible and is contrary to Revelation 22:18.
I'm not.
I am applying 2 Timothy 3:16, which reads... All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness...

What words are you asserting I added?

The Disciple John

Mar 11, 2022
Dennery
Faith
Christian
Country
Saint Lucia

Since you are an expert in the doctrine of OSAS tell us, when Jesus went to the cross to pay for your sins, how many sins did He pay for some, past sins, future sins or all of your sins.... past, present, and future?

And if all, what sin can you commit that will put you in hell? NONE! Therefore, Once Saved Always Saved!!!

Listen and learn well!
Can you please point out the scripture(s) which says Christ died for our future sins?

GEN2REV

May 12, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Listen and learn well!
So, ... in short, ... you didn't even read Psalm 1.

Ok.

No listening problem there.

GEN2REV

May 12, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As if none of us have studied this topic before this thread, and as if the scriptures you are offering such as Psalm 1, is new to us. Perhaps new to you seeing you stated at the beginning of the thread that you hadn't studied this topic previously, which begs the question, do you think you should be so adamant that what you have found out in the last 5 mounties is more truthful than what others and their forbears have been studying off and on for decades? Now of course, maybe you are right, and for decades everyone else has been mistaken. But not on the evidence so far my friend. For example, have you considered that singers aren't raised to judgement, but to the execution of their sentence already passed in judgement? Sure, not everyone sees that necessarily, and maybe there are nuances to it we don't understand. But consider this...
KJV Isaiah 33:14-15
14 The sinners in Zion are afraid; fearfulness hath surprised the hypocrites. Who among us shall dwell with the devouring fire? who among us shall dwell with everlasting burnings
15 He that walketh righteously, and speaketh uprightly; he that despiseth the gain of oppressions, that shaketh his hands from holding of bribes, that stoppeth his ears from hearing of blood, and shutteth his eyes from seeing evil

Here is a description of the righteous being able to stand in the midst of everlasting fire without torment. Sorry, but your arguments aren't done and dusted quite yet.
;?;
As usual, you're all over the place, Black Silhouette.

And I have no idea what a mounty is.

God is Everlasting Fire.
Exodus 24:17
Hebrews 12:29

So no surprise the righteous would stand in the midst of Him.

And you're still confused about the fact that there are, and will be, unrighteous among those that are resurrected.

Not unbelieving, mind you, but unrighteous. There is a difference.

The verse that two of you, so far, are flat out deaf-earing says that "the ungodly shall not stand in the judgment, nor sinners in the congregation of the righteous."
Psalms 1:5

Read it, again, ... see it, ... let it sink in.

Last edited:

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
As usual, you're all over the place, Black Silhouette.

And I have no idea what a mounty is.

God is Everlasting Fire.
Exodus 24:17
Hebrews 12:29

So no surprise the righteous would stand in the midst of Him.

And you're still confused about the fact that there are, and will be, unrighteous among those that are resurrected.

Not unbelieving, mind you, but unrighteous. There is a difference.

The verse that two of you, so far, are flat out deaf-earing says that "the ungodly shall not stand in the judgment, nor sinners in the congregation of the righteous."
Psalms 1:5

Read it, again, ... see it, ... let it sink in.
Mountie...a Google corrected minute.
Not stand in the judgement... Unable to stand in the judgement... Fall over in the judgement... Doesn't mean they won't be judged. And God isn't an unjust judge to try, judge, then execute anyone in their absence. Mmm. How do you execute someone if they're absent?

GEN2REV

May 12, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God isn't an unjust judge to try, judge, then execute anyone in their absence. Mmm. How do you execute someone if they're absent?
Just as this Psalm tells us. If they will never stand before God, what else would become of them? They don't ever stand before God because they were never resurrected. They were like chaff in the wind upon their death. You will look for them diligently, but will not find them. They were like blades of grass in the hot sun. They are ... no more.
No execution necessary.