Only Believers are Resurrected?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thanks Rob.

"... there shall be a resurrection of the dead, both of the just and the unjust."
Acts 24:15

I see the point you're making. The verse seems to say that there will be two resurrections based on the last part of the verse there. But it does say a resurrection. It seems that if the author wanted to refer to multiple events, he would say 'there shall be resurrections (plural) of the dead.'

I have the overwhelming desire to call you maam for some reason, are you by any chance a female? In speaking of the reward, Jesus said the last would be the first. We believe that the resurrection will begin shortly after the Kingdom comes, and logically it will be held gradually with those who died most recently being resurrected first, because of the many changes among God's people over time.

I also believe that Christians can be referred to as unjust/unrighteous. I am of the belief, based on many verses, that some Christians will be rejected by God after their resurrection. Matthew 7:22 is one indication of that to me.

If Christians have been judged unrighteous, they will be executed when Jesus returns.

We need to consider a couple things that come to mind. In Ecclesiastes 12:5-7, we are told that a person's spirit returns to God upon their death. If that is just a general spirit of physical body-animating life, and not THE Holy Spirit, as it seems to indicate, then is that the moment of judgment? Remember, there is no time in the spirit realm where God exists.

The spirit/breath that goes out upon death is life force. The dead is dead, unconscious of anything Ps 146:4; Ecc 9:5,6,10

The story of Lazarus seems to show that unbelievers may go straight to the Lake of Fire upon death. Whereas the believers are said to be sleeping in the dust of the earth. Awaiting their resurrection?

That story is just that, a story. It was a parable that represented a change in the ruling faction of God's people under a new covenant.

It's never made much sense to me that unbelievers would be raised physically from their graves only to be judged and punished. It makes more sense that it would be believers who are ashamed before God after they are resurrected. An atheist wouldn't be ashamed of anything. The guilty are only ever disappointed they got caught for their crimes, they have no shame; certainly not before a God they didn't believe in.

That is why we believe the unrighteous, were not righteous because of never having the opportunity to serve God.

One of the real kickers of this concept is whether someone embraces the Millennium doctrine or not. I do not. If one considers that doctrine legitimate, which scripture very much contradicts, then you can believe that the earth will remain long enough after Jesus' return to be capable of two resurrections 1,000 years apart. But if you see that scripture makes plain that the earth is destroyed upon Jesus' return, then there is no time for there to be a Second Resurrection a millennia later.

I do not understand your concept of two resurrections, unless you are referring to the first resurrection which has already happened shortly after Jesus received the crown, and the upcoming resurrection after Jesus returns and the Kingdom comes. They will not be 1k yrs apart.

One resurrection when Jesus returns, some to life and some to shame and damnation; then the earth is destroyed.

The earth will never be destroyed Gen. Ecc 1:4; Ps 104:5

michaelvpardo

Feb 26, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
47 And if anyone hears My words and does not believe, I do not judge him; for I did not come to judge the world but to save the world. 48 He who rejects Me, and does not receive My words, has that which judges him—the word that I have spoken will judge him in the last day. 49 For I have not spoken on My own authority; but the Father who sent Me gave Me a command, what I should say and what I should speak.
John 12:47-49

GEN2REV

May 12, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Since Christ spoke of the "resurrection of damnation" that should be the end of this discussion.

Marvel not at this: for the hour is coming, in the which all that are in the graves shall hear his voice, And shall come forth; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation. (John 5:28,29)

This resurrection is presented as a future event in Revelation 20:12: And I saw the [unsaved] dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works.

It should be obvious from the context that (a) these are the unsaved dead and (b) this is the resurrection of damnation.
Well, Enoch, John 5:28-29 says 'the hour' comes. Rather than debating whether that is a literal hour or not, I think we must agree that it's some manner of moment in time; not two seperate events 1,000 years apart. Those verses present the event as a single event, one resurrection where "... all that are in the graves ... come forth...". Yes, the obvious rebuttal is that it would appear that means every human being, but that's what this thread is discussing and studying out.

I gave the argument in the OP that only Jesus' sheep can hear His voice, only they know it. If somebody does not belong to Jesus, does not believe in Him and is not known by Him, I make the case that they would not hear His voice when He gives a mighty shout upon His return.
1 Thessalonians 4:16

We see in 1 Corinthians 15:52 that "the dead will be raised incorruptible (imperishable),". Many will make the case that this refers to all mankind that are dead, but I propose that it is only those who are in Christ. For why would those who don't have resurrection life within them be raised and made incorruptible when they've embraced corruption all their lives?

I don't see Revelation 20:12 as obviously referring to the unsaved dead and the context doesn't imply that. For those who look at those passages with an unbiased eye, it is only speaking of physically dead people. In my opinion, this can be Christians.

Verses like Isaiah 41:12 and Psalms 37:1-2 supports the idea that the wicked dead just disappear. Their life ends and all their riches, or accomplishments, in this life are the only reward they will ever have - much unlike those in Christ.

It's an ongoing discussion and Bible Study and I appreciate your view points.

God bless.

Reactions: GRACE ambassador

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello friend, Gen2rev,

Good luck on your quest to figure it out.

My only suggestion would to be about what God is about, and not the traditions of man.

Love to you brother,
In Christ,
Matthew Gallagher

GRACE ambassador

Mar 1, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@GEN2REV
op: only believers are resurrected?
Precious friend, besides the "prophesied" resurrection(s?) already
discussed, if I may humbly present one more Consideration. ie:

law/prophecy resurrection(s) for Israel, and for All the (spiritually) dead
at the end of time, before the prophesied New Heavens and New Earth.

This program was:
prophesied since the world began!” (Luke 1:68-70; Acts 3:21)

Rightly Divided (2 Timothy 2:15) From “Things That DIFFER!” {online}:

GRACE/Mystery Was God’s Heavenly Hidden Purpose Before
“the foundation of the world...Kept Secret since the world began”
(Romans 16:25; Ephesians 1:4-11, 3:5-9)

This Program Has ONE resurrection of "believers in The Body Of CHRIST Only"
(1 Thessalonians 4:16-17; 1 Corinthians 15:51-52)

Seems to me "This is the one resurrection" you are trying to address in your op.

But you Also say "some of these members could become UNjust/Unrighteous
before judgment"? * Well, let's see IF that makes sense Considering the following, ok?:

1) Paul, In This "Revelation Of The MYSTERY," shows us, "in the
carnal (UNjust?) church of Corinth," this Truth:

"To deliver such an one (UNjust?) unto Satan for the destruction
of the flesh, that the spirit may be saved (righteous?) in The
(Judgment?) Day Of The LORD JESUS." (1 Corinthians 5:5)
sounds Contradictory, Correct? But, The "Judgment Day In Heaven":

2) Confirms, by "all co-labourers With God" (1 Corinthians 3:9)
Can the UNjust be co-labourers With God?:

"Every man's work shall be made manifest: for
The (Judgment?) Day Shall Declare it, because it
shall be revealed by fire; and the fire shall try
every (members?) man's work of what sort it is.

If any (just?) man's work abide which he hath
built thereupon, he shall receive a reward. If
any (UNjust?) man's work shall be burned, he
shall suffer loss: But he himself Shall Be Saved
(righteous?)
; yet so as by fire." (1 Corinthians 3:13-15)​

3) Precious friend, please Be Very RICHLY Encouraged in
Consideration of this in your study.
-----------------------------------------
God's OPERATION On All His New-Born babes In CHRIST!
+
God's Eternal Assurance for members of The Body Of Christ!

-------------------------------

GRACE And Peace...

Last edited:
Reactions: GEN2REV

GEN2REV

May 12, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello friend, Gen2rev,

Good luck on your quest to figure it out.

My only suggestion would to be about what God is about, and not the traditions of man.

Love to you brother,
In Christ,
Matthew Gallagher
Thanks Matt.

I will heed that advice for sure.

I believe traditionally, the belief that all mankind will be resurrected has been the norm. I'll be careful to take note of as much of the Bible that pertains to this topic as possible.

I'm always only interested in the Truth. I have said that Christianity would be so easy if we all agreed, but I lean to scripture first. That causes divisions unfortunately.

Thanks again and feel free to add any further thoughts or questions.

God bless.

GEN2REV

May 12, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In speaking of the reward, Jesus said the last would be the first. We believe that the resurrection will begin shortly after the Kingdom comes, and logically it will be held gradually with those who died most recently being resurrected first, because of the many changes among God's people over time.
Well, the Bible doesn't seem to support that exactly. Actually, some of these verses support my position in this thread.

"Whosoever ... shall break one of these ... Commandments, and shall teach men so, ...shall be called the least (or last) in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, ... shall be called great (or first) in the kingdom of heaven."
Matthew 5:19
Yes, I've supplied the alternative words there, but I believe scripture supports that.

"Many that are first (on the earth) shall be last (in the kingdom of heaven); and the last (least considered upon the earth among men) shall be first (most considered by God in His kingdom)."
Matthew 19:30
That's what I believe those verses are saying.

"So the last shall be first, and the first last: for many be called, but few chosen."
Matthew 20:16f
I believe this verse further supports my point; God has called many to Christianity, but few fully commit to the standards that He expects of them.

"... wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat:"
Matthew 7:13
This refers to the masses of Christianity that populate the earth.

"... (narrow) is the gate and (difficult) is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it."
Matthew 7:14
These are those who are considered last, or least, by men upon the earth; those who commit themselves to ways that are not popular and not fun or easy. They are considered first, or greatest, by God in His kingdom.
If Christians have been judged unrighteous, they will be executed when Jesus returns.
I think maybe that unrighteous Christians will not survive the Tribulation period. Those who live through it to the end will certainly be those who God holds in highest regard and give divine guidance and protection throughout. They will be those who have nurtured their faith (oil) and trimmed their lamps. The foolish Christians (virgins) will not be ready for the difficulty of the testing period of the Great Tribulation.
I do not understand your concept of two resurrections, unless you are referring to the first resurrection which has already happened shortly after Jesus received the crown, and the upcoming resurrection after Jesus returns and the Kingdom comes. They will not be 1k yrs apart.
What you are referring to is where I was speaking of the Millennial concept of 2 resurrections. That is one when Christ returns, and one a thousand years later. That is the Millennial concept. I do not subscribe to that.
The earth will never be destroyed Gen. Ecc 1:4; Ps 104:5
That's highly debatable. We have certain language, in Isaiah 13:9-11 and 2 Thessalonians 1:7-9 and culminating with 2 Peter 3:10-11, that is very hard to dismiss.

Heavens pass away with a great noise?
The very elements of our world will melt with fervent heat?
The earth also and the works therein shall be burned up?
All these things shall be dissolved?

You always say 'we' so if your people don't believe any of these things, that scripture states plainly, will ever happen, that's ok then. I just go with scripture.

ETA: Also, what do you believe happens to the old earth when the New Heavens and New Earth come?

Last edited:

GEN2REV

May 12, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
47 And if anyone hears My words and does not believe, I do not judge him; for I did not come to judge the world but to save the world. 48 He who rejects Me, and does not receive My words, has that which judges him—the word that I have spoken will judge him in the last day. 49 For I have not spoken on My own authority; but the Father who sent Me gave Me a command, what I should say and what I should speak.
John 12:47-49
Without any comment on your part, I can only guess at what this post is supposed to mean regarding the OP.

I would only say that those who are not raised on the Last Day, if that is the case, can be considered Judged by God's refusal to resurrect them. If He has Judged them unworthy, He may choose not to resurrect them.

Remember though that I am looking into the possibility that all Christians are raised. I am researching the possibility that unbelievers are not.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why wouldn’t God raise all from the dead?

your theology seems to be trying to shun any chance for unbelievers but only the elect being raised like Calvinism, you do realize that right?

This scripture is important:

5 Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;

6 And having in a readiness to revenge all disobedience, when your obedience is fulfilled.

7 Do ye look on things after the outward appearance? if any man trust to himself that he is Christ's, let him of himself think this again, that, as he is Christ's, even so are we Christ's.

@GEN2REV you keep trying your best even to say it was Christians outside of the gate? Why can it not be unbelieving atheist that desired nothing to do with God even on judgement day: and he gives them a resurrected body and they are placed outside the kingdom? Aren’t Christians - believing in the Gospel of Christ? Others wouldn’t be ? So they would be considered unbelievers regardless of “proclaiming”?

It all deals with the heart my brother. God sees the heart, he knows who believes and who doesn’t.

He loves them both the same, or does God hate them with glaring and damning eyes upon them?

Last edited:

GRACE ambassador

Mar 1, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

GEN2REV

May 12, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why wouldn’t God raise all from the dead?

your theology seems to be trying to shun any chance for unbelievers but only the elect being raised like Calvinism, you do realize that right?
No. Not at all. I don't even know how you come to that conclusion.

Why would God raise unbelievers? What would be the point?

He can either annihilate their existence upon their physical death or punish them for eternity in hell, but He doesn't need to wait til the end of all physical time to do that. Once our physical body dies, our spirit exists in the spirit realm of no time. We can sufficiently be dealt with at that time.

Remember, the Resurrection is a physical act. It has nothing to do with the spirit realm, really. It is the physical raising from the physical earth, or tombs, the physical body. If that wasn't the case, our spirits could be dealt with in other ways. Those souls that are seen in Revelation under the altar who were beheaded and are awaiting the time of their justice to be served upon the wicked of the world, they will receive, at the resurrection, transfigured bodies that are some kind of cross between physical and spiritual that cannot die or be affected by temptation or evil ever again. Just like Jesus' body was when Thomas touched His wounds; and just like angelic bodies that can interact physically with this world but not be negatively affected by it.
you keep trying your best even to say it was Christians outside of the gate? Why can it not be unbelieving atheist that desired nothing to do with God even on judgement day: and he gives them a resurrected body and they are placed outside the kingdom? Aren’t Christians - believing in the Gospel of Christ? Others wouldn’t be ? So they would be considered unbelievers regardless of “proclaiming”?
This is just a discussion, Matt. It can be whatever you'd like it to be. Or whatever you prefer to believe it is.

I am presenting my views, using scripture to make my points, and you all are responding with your views. That's all. I'm not trying to teach that this is how it is for certain. I made that clear in my OP and have repeated it in this thread.
It all deals with the heart my brother. God sees the heart, he knows who believes and who doesn’t. He loves them both the same, or does God hate them with glaring and damning eyes upon them?
This is where we get into "Did you learn what you believe about the Bible from church, or from studying the Bible on your own with the Holy Spirit as your guide?" Because the Bible does not teach what you're claiming here.

God hates sinners with a passion. I can present many verses to make that case if we really need to go in that direction. The Bible makes it absolutely clear.

The misunderstanding is not that He can't possibly hate sinners because all Christians are sinners; no, the misunderstanding is that Christians should absolutely not be sinners after coming to Christ. A sinner is someone who has embraced sin and made peace with it, giving it permission to be in their life. If someone does that, they are insulting God in the most irreverent way possible. Especially if they profess to be a Christian - a follower of Jesus Christ.

You couldn't disrespect and blaspheme God more than claiming to represent Him while living a life of outward sin. You cannot imagine the damage that you do to all those who are watching; and people are always watching how you live your life. Always. Especially young people.

Yes, we all still sin, but unintentionally if we're being honest. James 3:2 If we are living in habitual, unrepentant sin, we cannot believe for a second that God adores us and can't wait to take us home.

Plain and simple.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello Gen2Rev,

Did Jesus take care of sin or not, seems to be the question here.

Do you believe his atonement was universal to cover the sin of all people or just his death wasn’t enough and he should have done more?

I get it: if someone doesn’t believe they do not really grow spiritually much, for they are spiritually dead. However upon death and coming up judgment day they are resurrected with some type of life that is given from God?

How else would they be able to be resurrected?

There is only one thing as I can see it, that needs to be considering into the whole scope of the picture and that is not to exclude revelation from your research of figuring out if all people are resurrected or not…

There doesn’t seem to be any Hope if for example you were at a non-believers funeral and you were invited to it and tend the service.

and you find out he was unbeliever, and you get up on the pulpit and say “well my friends this soul has been destroyed and is no longer with us, sorry for your terrible loss and grievances at this time, from my understanding those who don’t believe they are annihilated because God hated them… sorry.

It doesn’t matter if the family is grieving or not, if you believe this true shouldn’t you tell them? Or lead them in flawed and false hope?

Jesus victory doesn’t make much sense if sin hasn’t been taken care of.

That is my only encouragement to you, Sir.

Last edited:
Reactions: GEN2REV

GEN2REV

May 12, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Did Jesus take care of sin or not, seems to be the question here.
No, the question is "Do you believe Christians can still sin?"

The Bible says yes.
There doesn’t seem to be any Hope if for example you were at a non-believers funeral and you were invited to it and tend the service ... and you find out he was unbeliever, and you get up on the pulpit and say “well my friends this soul has been destroyed and is no longer with us, sorry for your terrible loss and grievances at this time, from my understanding those who don’t believe they are annihilated because God hated them… sorry.
This was actually humorous. I actually laughed out loud. Very comical scenario.

Probably not your intention, but I enjoyed it. Thanks.

Uhhm ... to answer your .... scenario? ... No, there is no hope for those who die in an unbelieving state.

I think the Bible is undebatably clear on that.

It doesn’t matter if the family is grieving or not, if you believe this true shouldn’t you tell them? Or lead them in flawed and false hope?
Yeah, of course we should tell people that if they die without belief in God, they have no hope. I wouldn't recommend announcing it at anybody's funeral, but ... the Bible is clear on this as well.
Jesus victory doesn’t make much sense if sin hasn’t been taken care of.
It makes a whole lot less sense if, when we are saved, we suddenly become completely incapable of ever sinning again and can never be led astray, or snared/tricked, by the wiles of the devil, or any of the trappings of this world, ever again. Why doesn't God just take us to heaven at that time then?

If we are turned into robots with no free will who can never do anything but represent, and serve, God perfectly from that moment forth, how do we show ourselves approved? Why all the warnings about the devil? Why all the encouragement to avoid sin and live as Jesus lived and run the race and endure and all the other stuff?

Not sure how much you've thought all this through, but it makes no sense, in light of scripture as a whole, to believe that once you're saved, you can never do any wrong again. It makes no sense.

Back to only believers are resurrected?

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You changed it up on me changing the question I just stopped reading I have a problem and addiction to this place.

You do what you need to, all I’m saying is everyone is going to be resurrected. You can accept or reject. If you give a gospel that is not of hope I don’t know what you are giving to others.

Take care.

For it is for this we labor and strive, because we have fixed our hope on the living God, who is the Savior of all men, especially of believers.

Source: 27 Bible verses about The Hope Of The Gospel

Last edited:

michaelvpardo

Feb 26, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Without any comment on your part, I can only guess at what this post is supposed to mean regarding the OP.

I would only say that those who are not raised on the Last Day, if that is the case, can be considered Judged by God's refusal to resurrect them. If He has Judged them unworthy, He may choose not to resurrect them.

Remember though that I am looking into the possibility that all Christians are raised. I am researching the possibility that unbelievers are not.
That's a fantasy. How can believers who have already been delivered from judgment to condemnation, be raised to any judgment but rewards at the bema seat of christ?

I see no point in presenting argument when you already deny the plain interpretation of scripture when it disagrees with your imagination. How is any argument more pertinent than God's word?

GEN2REV

May 12, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's a fantasy. How can believers who have already been delivered from judgment to condemnation, be raised to any judgment but rewards at the bema seat of christ?
If you're Pro-OSAS, they can't. Already established that.
I see no point in presenting argument when you already deny the plain interpretation of scripture when it disagrees with your imagination. How is any argument more pertinent than God's word?
Awful lotta God's Word in the OP for an accusation like that.

And in every single comment I post.

No matter. You see what you want to see.

Thanks for your comment.

GEN2REV

May 12, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Only believers can hear Jesus' voice.

Only His sheep can hear His shout.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This concept is new to me, but is very significant if it's accurate.

I have spoken to Truth7t7 and respect his opinion to the contrary.

The more I study scripture, the more evidence I find for this possibility. And there is ample evidence.

I will provide as many verses from scripture as I can to make my case. Please consider this with an open mind and look closely at the verses presented; from multiple versions of scripture if necessary.

The truth of this matter would alter some doctrines, but overall doesn't seem to be a threat to Christians or to any matters of salvation. It is very significant, though.

Here we have Jesus' words about this:

"... I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in Me, though he were dead, yet shall he live: ..."
John 11:25
"... I am the Way, the Truth, and the Life. No man cometh unto the Father, but by Me."
John 14:6

Jesus tells us that HE IS the Resurrection. HE IS (spiritual) Life. Therefore, it would appear that those who don't believe in God/Jesus, don't even have the primary ingredient within them to even be capable of being raised to begin with.

"It is the Spirit that quickeneth (gives life); ... the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are Life. ... Then Simon Peter answered Him, Lord, to whom shall we go? Thou hast the words of eternal life."
John 6:63
John 6:68

This passage tells us that Jesus' (God's) words are His Spirit. If somebody doesn't take-in, or at least accept and believe, God's Words, the Bible tells us they do not have spiritual life within them.

"... the resurrection of the dead comes ... through a man."
1 Corinthians 15:21

That man is Jesus Christ. If one does not have that man within them, or does not even believe in Him, they do not have His Spirit within them and do not have that resurrection power in their body.

"For if we have been united with Him in a death like His, we will certainly also be united with Him in a resurrection like His."
Romans 6:5

If we are not united to Christ, we will not be resurrected.

"That I may know Him and the power of His resurrection, and the fellowship of His sufferings, being made conformable unto His death.
Philippians 3:10

Do atheists know Christ and the power of His resurrection? Have they suffered as Christians or been made conformable to His death?

We have Jesus telling us that 'only His sheep hear and follow His voice.'
John 10:16
John 10:26-28
Could His shout be what calls those sheep up out of the graves to be raised up on the Last Day, and only His sheep are raised?
And we see that all those in the graves 'that hear His voice' will be raised.
John 5:28-29
Only those believers would have His quickening Spirit and Words to give them life enough to be resurrected John 6:63, John 6:68 and then judged based on their deeds. Some to everlasting life and some to eternal damnation.

Daniel 12:2 says 'many' shall awake, but not 'all.' It also says some of those will be ashamed. To me, that shame fits believers more than staunch atheists.
It paints the picture of the many who will say 'Lord, Lord' in Matthew 7:22-23.

Matthew 7:24-27 shows His sheep, who are "hearing His voice", not adhering to His Words and the result of their failure to take the actions He prescribes, His Commandments, etc.

1 Corinthians 15:23 only mentions those who believe being raised.

Acts 24:21 says the 'just and the unjust', but that can certainly be among believers only.

John 6:44 says Jesus will raise up only those His Father sends Him, but we know some of those will not obey and serve Him justly.

God bless.

YOu should have added more verses!

Revelation 20:4-6
King James Version

4 And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years.

5 But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished. This is the first resurrection.

6 Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years.

Revelation 20:11-15
King James Version

11 And I saw a great white throne, and him that sat on it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled away; and there was found no place for them.

12 And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works.

13 And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works.

14 And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.

15 And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.

The raising of the righteous is the first resurrection!

The raising of the rest of humanity for al lages is the resurrection after the thousand years! These are the lost!

Because jesus paid the price for all mankinds sins- all will be raised incorruptible (not aging) and immortal( not seeing death again)
Teh righteous go into the eternal kingdom we call heaven, the lost go into the lake of fire for all eternity!

GEN2REV

May 12, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
YOu should have added more verses!

Revelation 20:4-6
King James Version

4 And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years.

5 But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished. This is the first resurrection.

6 Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years.

Revelation 20:11-15
King James Version

11 And I saw a great white throne, and him that sat on it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled away; and there was found no place for them.

12 And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works.

13 And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works.

14 And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.

15 And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.

The raising of the righteous is the first resurrection!

The raising of the rest of humanity for al lages is the resurrection after the thousand years! These are the lost!

Because jesus paid the price for all mankinds sins- all will be raised incorruptible (not aging) and immortal( not seeing death again)
Teh righteous go into the eternal kingdom we call heaven, the lost go into the lake of fire for all eternity!
E for effort, Ron.

Nice job.

Next time maybe explain how posting many verses proves that unbelievers will be resurrected.

Awww. Don't give up.

God bless.

GEN2REV

May 12, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"Then Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except ye eat the flesh of the Son of man, and drink His blood, ye have no life in you."
John 6:53

And how do we do that?

By ingesting the Word of God on a daily basis. By taking Jesus' words into our soul via our eyes. That is our daily bread.

"I am the Bread which came down from heaven. ... I am that Bread of Life."
John 6:41
John 6:48

Jesus' Words are His Spirit; they are Eternal Life.

"It is the Spirit that quickeneth; ... the words that I speak unto you, they are Spirit, and they are Life."
John 6:63
"Then Simon Peter answered Him, Lord, to whom shall we go? Thou hast the words of Eternal Life."
John 6:68

"Whoso eateth My flesh and drinketh My blood, hath Eternal Life; and I will raise him up at the Last Day."
John 6:54

Therefore, unbelievers will not be raised up in the resurrection, for they have no animating Life force from God within themselves. They have no Eternal Life.

And, though the Bible speaks about the condition and state of the bodies of resurrected believers, it is absolutely silent about the bodies of unbelievers.