Only Believers are Resurrected?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello Gen2rev,

would like to add this to your scripture list my friend,

Have you seen this ?

And I have hope in God, which they themselves also hold, that there shall be a resurrection of the dead, both of the just and unjust Acts 24:15

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Found some more as well

Job 19:25-26
John 5:28-29
Acts 23:6-8
Daniel 12:2
Matthew 22:31-32
1 Corinthians 15:12-27
Philippians 3:21
1 Thessalonians 4:14-16
Revelation 20:6
Revelation 20:12-13

All of these verses were offshoots of the one I shared previously.

Acts 24:15

Hope this helps you in your study.

GEN2REV

May 12, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Have you seen this ?

And I have hope in God, which they themselves also hold, that there shall be a resurrection of the dead, both of the just and unjust Acts 24:15
Yes, I addressed it in post #11.

I will re-post that here: (from Post #11)
""... there shall be a resurrection of the dead, both of the just and the unjust."

I see the point you're making. The verse seems to say that there will be two resurrections based on the last part of the verse there. But it does say a resurrection. It seems that if the author wanted to refer to multiple events, he would say 'there shall be resurrections (plural) of the dead.'

I also believe that Christians can be referred to as unjust/unrighteous. I am of the belief, based on many verses, that some Christians will be rejected by God after their resurrection. Matthew 7:22 is one indication of that to me.

We need to consider a couple things that come to mind. In Ecclesiastes 12:5-7, we are told that a person's spirit returns to God upon their death. If that is just a general spirit of physical body-animating life, and not THE Holy Spirit, as it seems to indicate, then is that the moment of judgment? Remember, there is no time in the spirit realm where God exists.

The story of Lazarus seems to show that unbelievers may go straight to the Lake of Fire upon death. Whereas the believers are said to be sleeping in the dust of the earth. Awaiting their resurrection?

It's never made much sense to me that unbelievers would be raised physically from their graves only to be judged and punished. It makes more sense that it would be believers who are ashamed before God after they are resurrected. An atheist wouldn't be ashamed of anything. The guilty are only ever disappointed they got caught for their crimes, they have no shame; certainly not before a God they didn't believe in.

One of the real kickers of this concept is whether someone embraces the Millennium doctrine or not. I do not. If one considers that doctrine legitimate, which scripture very much contradicts, then you can believe that the earth will remain long enough after Jesus' return to be capable of two resurrections 1,000 years apart. But if you see that scripture makes plain that the earth is destroyed upon Jesus' return, then there is no time for there to be a Second Resurrection a millennia later.

One resurrection when Jesus returns, some to life and some to shame and damnation; then the earth is destroyed."

GEN2REV

May 12, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Found some more as well

Job 19:25-26
John 5:28-29
Acts 23:6-8
Daniel 12:2
Matthew 22:31-32
1 Corinthians 15:12-27
Philippians 3:21
1 Thessalonians 4:14-16
Revelation 20:6
Revelation 20:12-13

All of these verses were offshoots of the one I shared previously.

Hope this helps you in your study.
We can take any of these verses one, or a few, at at time if you like, but many of them have been addressed and a good few support my proposition.

I have not proposed any case that there is no resurrection, Matt; only that there may not be a resurrection of unbelievers. That's all that I'm researching and discussing here.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Maybe all those other scriptures will help you.

I don’t know. We don’t believe the same eschatology wise. However we can both agree that there will be a resurrection for all people.

Love to you,
In Christ,
Matthew Gallagher

You know it all leads down the road to here: Revelation 22. What will you do with it is up to you.

I’m not interested in discussing it. I just desired to share it, @GEN2REV. People can decide for themselves.

The Disciple John

Mar 11, 2022
Dennery
Faith
Christian
Country
Saint Lucia
Only Believers are Resurrected
It really makes no sense that God would wipe out the unbelieving masses only to raise them up again to be judged.

I agree with your second point.
The flood for example was God's judgement.
All who died were judged as wicked, and there is no hope for the wicked.
But the wicked will be blinded. They will have no escape. Their only hope is death. - Job 11:20
The prospect of the righteous is joy, but the hope of the wicked will perish. - Proverbs 10:28
When the wicked dies, his hope will perish, and the expectation of wealth perishes too. - Proverbs 11:7​

However, regarding your OP, I must agree with Paul, who says "I have the same hope in God that these men have, that he will raise both the righteous and the unrighteous." - Acts 24:15

We know this is true, not just because Paul said so, but because of the reason Adam's dying offspring was given a chance at life.
For God so loved the world that he gave his only Son, so that whoever believes in him will not perish, but have everlasting life. - John 3:16
Romans 5
6 For while we were yet weak, in due season Christ died for the ungodly. 7 For scarcely for a righteous man will one die: for peradventure for the good man some one would even dare to die. 8 But God commendeth his own love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us. 9 Much more then, being now justified by his blood, shall we be saved from the wrath of God through him. 10 For if, while we were enemies, we were reconciled to God through the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled, shall we be saved by his life; 11 and not only so, but we also rejoice in God through our Lord Jesus Christ, through whom we have now received the reconciliation.

God gave his only begotten son, to die a painful death, for the world of the ungodly.
It was while men were sinners - not righteous - that Christ gave up his life in their behalf.
This shows that God's love encompasses the unrighteous, since he wants them to choose life and live. He gives them the chance... but when?

Since millions died before Christ came, and gave his life, and millions died before having the opportunity to exercise faith in Christ (John 3:36), or take in knowledge of him (John 17:3), how else will they get that opportunity, except they be resurrected?

The evildoer who died next to Christ, is an example of that.
He died not as a righteous man, but unrighteous, but he gets the opportunity to be in the paradise of jesus millennium (Luke 23:43), where he and millions who died without knowledge of the true God, and Jesus Christ, can be taught, without the influence of Satan around. Revelation 20:1-3

Hence, God's love recommends a resurrection for the unrighteous (unbelievers), as well - those who did wrong without knowledge of what was right.
There is no resurrection for the wicked - those who knew, or did have the opportunity to know the true God, and his son, but refused. 2 Thessalonians 1:7-9

Reactions: GEN2REV

GEN2REV

May 12, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I agree with your second point.
The flood for example was God's judgement.
All who died were judged as wicked, and there is no hope for the wicked.
But the wicked will be blinded. They will have no escape. Their only hope is death. - Job 11:20
The prospect of the righteous is joy, but the hope of the wicked will perish. - Proverbs 10:28
When the wicked dies, his hope will perish, and the expectation of wealth perishes too. - Proverbs 11:7​
Thank you for this post. It is refreshing to see an open-minded response to the proposed concept. And thank you for those 3 verses. I had not come across them yet.​
However, regarding your OP, I must agree with Paul, who says "I have the same hope in God that these men have, that he will raise both the righteous and the unrighteous." - Acts 24:15
This verse is actually a modern version of the KJV verse we've been discussing that says there will be a (one) resurrection. I believe that to be of Christian believers; some who have not conducted themselves righteously and some who have.

John 3:16 speaks of those who believe in Christ. That is believers. I am focusing on unbelievers not being resurrected.

The Romans 5 passage speaks of Jesus dying for the ungodly. That is correct, but His death did not automatically give anybody Eternal Life. He died to give the ungodly the chance at Salvation, not to guarantee Salvation for all people no matter how they conduct themselves, or what they believe. Belief is paramount in being resurrected in this theory that I'm studying out. That is the same for all who came before Christ lived/died.

Job, Enoch, Elijah, Elisha all were saved without knowing Christ, but they knew His Spirit in God almighty. They were God-fearing servants of the One True God. So was Noah. And Abraham, Isaac and Jacob, etc. None of these people were unbelievers, and there were plenty in their day who rejected God and will not be resurrected. We do not get the chance to go to heaven after we are resurrected. Our one and only chance to be saved is in this physical life.
God's love encompasses the unrighteous, since he wants them to choose life and live.
Exactly, they chose Life. Those who do not choose Life will not be resurrected. When we choose to live any old way we like, to do our own thing or follow the ways of this fallen world, we are actively choosing death. There are only two gods that matter, if the devil can be called a god of this world. There are only two choices we can make as mankind. If we choose death, we have no Life within us to animate us at the time of the resurrection. Jesus is ... the Life. John 14:6

"Why die?" says the Bible. Choose Life.
That man was a God-fearing man and He believed in Jesus Christ. Read the verses leading up to that.
Hence, God's love recommends a resurrection for the unrighteous (unbelievers), as well - those who did wrong without knowledge of what was right.
Nothing in the Bible supports that.
There is no resurrection for the wicked - those who knew, or did have the opportunity to know the true God, and his son, but refused. 2 Thessalonians 1:7-9
What? So now you're saying the wicked will not be resurrected? Confused.

The Disciple John

Mar 11, 2022
Dennery
Faith
Christian
Country
Saint Lucia
Thanks Rob.

"... there shall be a resurrection of the dead, both of the just and the unjust."

I see the point you're making. The verse seems to say that there will be two resurrections based on the last part of the verse there. But it does say a resurrection. It seems that if the author wanted to refer to multiple events, he would say 'there shall be resurrections (plural) of the dead.'
How about one resurrection, for both righteous and unrighteous people.

I also believe that Christians can be referred to as unjust/unrighteous. I am of the belief, based on many verses, that some Christians will be rejected by God after their resurrection. Matthew 7:22 is one indication of that to me.
Understanding what righteous means, helped me get this cleared.
Righteous - Does what is right, knowing what is right.
Unrighteous - Does not do what is right, because of not knowing what is right.
Wicked - Does not do what is right, although knowing what is right.

We need to consider a couple things that come to mind. In Ecclesiastes 12:5-7, we are told that a person's spirit returns to God upon their death. If that is just a general spirit of physical body-animating life, and not THE Holy Spirit, as it seems to indicate, then is that the moment of judgment? Remember, there is no time in the spirit realm where God exists.
The spirit returns to God, as it belongs to him, to give it. Psalms 104:29. 30

The story of Lazarus seems to show that unbelievers may go straight to the Lake of Fire upon death. Whereas the believers are said to be sleeping in the dust of the earth. Awaiting their resurrection?
Perhaps if you elaborate on that, you might help me to see how you arrived at that.

It's never made much sense to me that unbelievers would be raised physically from their graves only to be judged and punished.
That doesn't make sense to me either.

It makes more sense that it would be believers who are ashamed before God after they are resurrected. An atheist wouldn't be ashamed of anything. The guilty are only ever disappointed they got caught for their crimes, they have no shame; certainly not before a God they didn't believe in.
Based on what the Bible tells us about God's love, it follows that God would seek to save sinners, rather than destroy them, especially as many do not know their right hand from their left. I think we are more Jonah like, than God-like, so the "Ninevites" must go, but God is not like that. He gives those who died in ignorance - which many unbelievers are... especially as Satan uses religion to cause confusion - an opportunity.
So they get 1,000 years without the confusion, to get to know God. This is a thousand years of judgement... or judgment day.

One of the real kickers of this concept is whether someone embraces the Millennium doctrine or not. I do not. If one considers that doctrine legitimate, which scripture very much contradicts, then you can believe that the earth will remain long enough after Jesus' return to be capable of two resurrections 1,000 years apart. But if you see that scripture makes plain that the earth is destroyed upon Jesus' return, then there is no time for there to be a Second Resurrection a millennia later.
the Millennium doctrine?
I never heard of that. There is only one millennium - Jesus 1,000 year rule, whe the Devil and his demons are not around, to mislead those resurrected one.
The Devil will be released after the 1,000 years, which would then show up who is for or against God, and his rule.

One resurrection when Jesus returns, some to life and some to shame and damnation; then the earth is destroyed.
According to Paul, when Jesus returns, it will be for those who will rule with him in heaven. 1 Thessalonians 4:13-17
When he return a second time, it will be to remove all the goats on the earth. The sheep will get life. Matthew 25:31-46
After this, Christ and his co-rulers rules the earth for 1,000 years. Revelation 20:4
The earth is here to stay. It will never be destroyed... forever. Psalms 105:4
God created it to be inhabited. Isaiah 45:18
It is mankind's home. Psalms 115:16 ...forever. Psalms 37:29

It's an ongoing analysis, to be sure. Very interesting.

Thanks for the comment.
Studying the Bible does take some time, and we grow in knowledge and understanding with time, and a humble heart.

Reactions: MatthewG

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
OP ^

All earthly born individuals Shall be Bodily Raised, by the life of their living soul returning to their body, that their body can Stand before the Judge to Receive their Judgement and Sentencing.
BTW- All Shall See the Judge, Believe, Bow Down To Him- fulfilling prophecy.

Isa 45:
[23] I have sworn by myself, the word is gone out of my mouth in righteousness, and shall not return, That unto me every knee shall bow, every tongue shall swear.

Rom 14:
[11] For it is written, As I live, saith the Lord, every knee shall bow to me, and every tongue shall confess to God.

Glory to God,
Taken

Reactions: MatthewG

GEN2REV

May 12, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Nowhere in the Bible does it speak of an immortal soul. Man is a soul. Per Scripture.

So in light of that, plus all of the verses herein where Jesus talks about how we receive Life, and that He is Eternal Life, it goes to show that, without Christ's Life within you, there doesn't seem to be any way for you to be resurrected.

If you have rejected Christ, it seems you will not be resurrected.

If you are an atheist, and have made the conscious decision not to believe in God, it seems you will not be resurrected.

IF ... unbelievers are not resurrected, this has very serious implications for some of the most popular doctrines taught today.

GEN2REV

May 12, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
OP ^

All earthly born individuals Shall be Bodily Raised, by the life of their living soul returning to their body, that their body can Stand before the Judge to Receive their Judgement and Sentencing.
BTW- All Shall See the Judge, Believe, Bow Down To Him- fulfilling prophecy.

Isa 45:
[23] I have sworn by myself, the word is gone out of my mouth in righteousness, and shall not return, That unto me every knee shall bow, every tongue shall swear.

Rom 14:
[11] For it is written, As I live, saith the Lord, every knee shall bow to me, and every tongue shall confess to God.

Glory to God,
Taken
Ironically, I posted post #51 before even seeing your post, Taken.

Just FYI

Reactions: Taken

GEN2REV

May 12, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How about one resurrection, for both righteous and unrighteous people.
That's what I am leaning toward, but those two categories are encompassed within Christianity, in my opinion. I believe the wicked/unbelieving are not raised/resurrected.
Understanding what righteous means, helped me get this cleared.
Righteous - Does what is right, knowing what is right.
Unrighteous - Does not do what is right, because of not knowing what is right.
Wicked - Does not do what is right, although knowing what is right.
That's not a Scriptural definition.
GEN2REV said:
Perhaps if you elaborate on that, you might help me to see how you arrived at that.
I apologize, I was referring to the story of the rich man and Lazarus the beggar, where the rich man ended up in a place of flames after death, begging Abraham to allow him to warn his brothers. If you need further elaboration on my point from there, I will further explain.
the Millennium doctrine?
I never heard of that.
Yeah, that's my shortened word for the whole concept of Millennialism; Pre-Mil, Post-Mil, etc. Millennia = 1,000 years. Millennialism, to me, is any doctrine that claims there will be a literal 1,000 year period, before or after Jesus' return. Amillennialism (though it is claimed that it does not mean 'no-millennium') makes logical sense to mean that there will not be a literal 1,000 year period either way, and that the kingdom of God runs from the time of Jesus' first Advent to His Second, per many verses including 1 Corinthians 15:22-27.

Here is a good video to clear it all up. If it's too long for you, jump to 5 mins in.

Last edited:

The Disciple John

Mar 11, 2022
Dennery
Faith
Christian
Country
Saint Lucia
Thank you for this post. It is refreshing to see an open-minded response to the proposed concept. And thank you for those 3 verses. I had not come across them yet.
That's surprising to me. Are you new to the Bible, or have you just not read it through... or both?

This verse is actually a modern version of the KJV verse we've been discussing that says there will be a (one) resurrection. I believe that to be of Christian believers; some who have not conducted themselves righteously and some who have.
First of all, the Greeks never used the indefinite article "a". So that is not, and should not be the focus.
Second, interpreting "a" to mean one, is a personal opinion, and not related to scripture in any way.
Third, a resurrection can refer to a resurrection of millions of people during a period, in the same way a judgment can refer to a judgment of millions of people during a period

John 3:16 speaks of those who believe in Christ. That is believers. I am focusing on unbelievers not being resurrected.
Okay. All those "believing" in Christ.
Will Noah, Abraham, Joseph, Jonah, Job, Moses, David, Daniel, Esther, Isaiah, etc. be resurrected?

The Romans 5 passage speaks of Jesus dying for the ungodly. That is correct, but His death did not automatically give anybody Eternal Life. He died to give the ungodly the chance at Salvation, not to guarantee Salvation for all people no matter how they conduct themselves, or what they believe. Belief is paramount in being resurrected in this theory that I'm studying out. That is the same for all who came before Christ lived/died.
I agree that one must exercise faith to have eternal life.

Job, Enoch, Elijah, Elisha all were saved without knowing Christ, but they knew His Spirit in God almighty. They were God-fearing servants of the One True God. So was Noah. And Abraham, Isaac and Jacob, etc. None of these people were unbelievers, and there were plenty in their day who rejected God and will not be resurrected.
So one does not have to believe in Jesus Christ to be saved.

We do not get the chance to go to heaven after we are resurrected. Our one and only chance to be saved is in this physical life.
Are you familiar with these scriptures?
John 14:1-4; 2 Corinthians 5:1; 1 Thessalonians 4:16-17; 1 Peter 1:3-4
Are you disagreeing with them?

Exactly, they chose Life. Those who do not choose Life will not be resurrected. When we choose to live any old way we like, to do our own thing or follow the ways of this fallen world, we are actively choosing death. There are only two gods that matter, if the devil can be called a god of this world. There are only two choices we can make as mankind. If we choose death, we have no Life within us to animate us at the time of the resurrection. Jesus is ... the Life. John 14:6
Okay, so we are back to Jesus. How exactly (details please) does Noah, Abraham, Joseph, Jonah, Job, Moses, David, Daniel, Esther, Isaiah, etc. get life, when they died before Jesus gave his life for sinful mankind?

"Why die?" says the Bible. Choose Life.
That man was a God-fearing man and He believed in Jesus Christ. Read the verses leading up to that.
I didn't read that. Which verse(s) did you read that in?

Nothing in the Bible supports that.

What? So now you're saying the wicked will not be resurrected? Confused.
You said you hadn't read the scriptures before, remember?
When the wicked dies, his hope will perish, and the expectation of wealth perishes too. - Proverbs 11:7

There is no hope for the wicked... the Bible says.

The Disciple John

Mar 11, 2022
Dennery
Faith
Christian
Country
Saint Lucia
Nowhere in the Bible does it speak of an immortal soul. Man is a soul. Per Scripture.
It's not often I hear that from a professed Christian. I agree. Animals are souls too, and we all have life.

So in light of that, plus all of the verses herein where Jesus talks about how we receive Life, and that He is Eternal Life, it goes to show that, without Christ's Life within you, there doesn't seem to be any way for you to be resurrected.

At the time Jesus separates the sheep from the goats, no person will be able to change.
One is either a sheep or goat, and if you reject Christ, you are a
0415.png

If you are an atheist, and have made the conscious decision not to believe in God, it seems you will not be resurrected.
A concious decision can still be forgiven.
For example, we make conscious decisions to sin, but we sincerely repent, and are forgiven.

A man makes a conscious decision to smoke cigars, break and enter someone's home, and rape someone's daughter, and murder.
He ends up behind bars.
A Christian visits the prison to preach the good news. The man believes and turns his life around - He repents.
However, the next month the guards find him dead.
Will he be resurrected?
Your answer. He believed, right?

What about the Atheist that was raised that way by his parents, and he never believed in "that foolishness", meaning the Bible, God, Christianity.
He never raped or killed anyone though.
When he dies in that state, will he not be resurrected?

If the man was ignorant, because he was never taught the good news, why would God refuse him the same opportunity the rapist and murderer got.
Both made conscious decisions, but without knowledge of the truth.

If however, you mean they rejected God, even though God was reaching out to them, through the message of the good news, then I agree with you, they would not be resurrected, because they would be like the Pharisees who sinned against the holy spirit. Matthew 12:24-31
They clearly saw the works Jesus did, and saw his wisdom, but they wickedly denied.
Some Atheist are like that. God knows who they are. I don't.

If on the other hand, he that Atheist did not get the opportunity, he will get that opportunity when resurrected.

IF ... unbelievers are not resurrected, this has very serious implications for some of the most popular doctrines taught today.
Hmmm. :)

Last edited:

Bob Carabbio

Aug 3, 2016
Dallas, TX
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This concept is new to me, but is very significant if it's accurate.

I have spoken to Truth7t7 and respect his opinion to the contrary.

The more I study scripture, the more evidence I find for this possibility. And there is ample evidence.

I will provide as many verses from scripture as I can to make my case. Please consider this with an open mind and look closely at the verses presented; from multiple versions of scripture if necessary.

God bless.

What's your workaround for Rev 20:12???

The Disciple John

Mar 11, 2022
Dennery
Faith
Christian
Country
Saint Lucia
That's what I am leaning toward, but those two categories are encompassed within Christianity, in my opinion. I believe the wicked/unbelieving are not raised/resurrected.That's not a Scriptural definition.
How do you arrive at unbelieving being the same as wicked.

I apologize, I was referring to the story of the rich man and Lazarus the beggar, where the rich man ended up in a place of flames after death, begging Abraham to allow him to warn his brothers. If you need further elaboration on my point from there, I will further explain.
If the soul is not immortal, how do you use this illustration to say that the "unbelievers may go straight to the Lake of Fire upon death"? What is being tormented?
The Lake of fire is not hell either, as shown by Revelation 20:13-14, so the scriptures do not support that idea.

Yeah, that's my shortened word for the whole concept of Millennialism; Pre-Mil, Post-Mil, etc. Millennia = 1,000 years. Millennialism, to me, is any doctrine that claims there will be a literal 1,000 year period, before or after Jesus' return. Amillennialism (though it is claimed that it does not mean 'no-millennium') makes logical sense to mean that there will not be a literal 1,000 year period either way, and that the kingdom of God runs from the time of Jesus' first Advent to His Second, per many verses including 1 Corinthians 15:22-27.

Here is a good video to clear it all up. If it's too long for you, jump to 5 mins in.

We can discuss this in another thread, if that's okay with you.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Nowhere in the Bible does it speak of an immortal soul. Man is a soul.
FALSE. The Bible always refers to souls as imperishable. Before the resurrection of Christ all souls went to Sheol/Hades. Now only the unsaved dead go there. Believers go directly to Heaven. And we are talking about souls and spirits in both cases. And man is a "soul" because the soul is the real you. The body houses the soul.
FALSE. I already showed you that there is a "resurrection of damnation" and yet you persist in promoting your false and unbiblical conjectures.

GEN2REV

May 12, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Are you new to the Bible, or have you just not read it through... or both?
Neither. I'm studying this concept out. Do you know how many verses there are in the Bible?

... a resurrection can refer to a resurrection of millions of people during a period, ...
I don't think you can show an example of millions of people being resurrected over a long period of time from Scripture.
So one does not have to believe in Jesus Christ to be saved.
You're welcome to give your best guess explanation as to how that worked for Elijah & Enoch. It will likely come out being much like I've already surmised. I didn't claim to be omniscient.
Are you familiar with these scriptures?
John 14:1-4; 2 Corinthians 5:1; 1 Thessalonians 4:16-17; 1 Peter 1:3-4
Are you disagreeing with them?
This goes much quicker if you first claim how I'm disagreeing with them.
Okay, so we are back to Jesus. How exactly (details please) does Noah, Abraham, Joseph, Jonah, Job, Moses, David, Daniel, Esther, Isaiah, etc. get life, when they died before Jesus gave his life for sinful mankind?
It's clear you don't understand what this thread is about, or how it works. This is called a discussion; a Bible Study. It's not necessary to approach this like an attack on me as if I'm preaching false doctrine. I made my position crystal clear in the OP that I am in the process of studying this possibility out and am here to discuss the ins and outs of it.

That is all.

Having said that, the people you listed were saved by believing in God. They were all God-fearing and righteous. That means they committed themselves to the Lord and they obeyed the Commandments. You do know Jesus is God, right?

GEN2REV said:
I didn't read that. Which verse(s) did you read that in?
Luke 23:39-41

I've already stated many times that Just and Unjust can refer to Christians. You are developing a disrespectful, argumentative, attitude that is not conducive to an honest and intelligent discussion.

If I don't like how somebody conducts themselves here, I don't waste my time with them. Too many frauds on these boards to waste time with - while there are few honest seekers who actually want to learn and discuss Scripture.

GEN2REV

May 12, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What's your workaround for Rev 20:12???
My workaround is that the very specific term Second Resurrection exists nowhere in the entire body of Scripture. Also that book is not intended, by its own admission, to be taken literally, nor in a linear sense.

If you'd watch the video in post #53, it answers your question in great detail.

Last edited: