Only Believers are Resurrected?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
While the earth was wrapped in the fire of destruction, the righteous abode safely in the Holy City. Upon those that had part in the first resurrection, the second death has no power. While God is to the wicked a consuming fire, He is to His people both a sun and a shield. {GC 673}

Since it is impossible for God, consistently with His justice and mercy, to save the sinner in his sins, He deprives him of the existence which his transgressions have forfeited and of which he has proved himself unworthy. Says an inspired writer: "Yet a little while, and the wicked shall not be: yea, thou shalt diligently consider his place, and it shall not be." And another declares: "They shall be as though they had not been." Psalm 37:10; Obadiah 16. Covered with infamy, they sink into hopeless, eternal oblivion... Thus will be made an end of sin, with all the woe and ruin which have resulted from it. {GC 544}

JunChosen

Apr 7, 2020
Los Angeles
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, when you assume, you make an ass of yourself.

No need to be perturbed! Is this how you were taught by the Holy Spirit? God forbid!

not that every single person will be resurrected, sinners and all.

Yes, every single person from every nation will be resurrected and must give an account at the Bema Seat of Christ [judgment seat of Christ] for their sins, and whether they have done good or evil, for the wages of sin is death. And, if you are found without a Savior to redeem your sins, guess what?

To God Be The Glory

dad

Apr 17, 2020
private
normanbruleart.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I've already directed you to the verses that show you are mistaken. If you're honestly mistaken, you have the choice to cease being mistaken or cease being honest.
You did no such thing
Choosing Jesus is not hardly enough to be saved.
It is all that is needed. The rest comes after.

It is not in OUR power to save ourselves. It is not in OUR power to resurrect ourselves.
Bingo. That is news?

"No man can come to Me unless the Father draws him, and I will raise him (he who the Father draws to the Word - ONLY) up at the last day."
Whosoever will let him come, Jesus says. When we choose God we are chosen. God tried to draw all men to Him, but bot all will come to Him. Salvation is a choice we make, not a fate we were programmed to.
John 6:44Post the Bible verse that claims that sinners will be resurrected.

It is ONLY those who God calls that will be resurrected.
Rev 20:
12 And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works.

This is people, some of whom will go to the lake of fire. That proves it is anything BUT 'only the saved'!

Many are called, but few are chosen.
Because so few choose Him. NOT because He only gives some few the chance! otherwise He died for nothing.

Of those He calls, many are rejected after their resurrection, as you so eloquently describe it here:
NONE of His sheep are rejected. Ever. Those who chose Jesus are simply never rejected. That is the heart of God and the gospel. Not something anyone should miss or lie about.

It's actually irrelevant. What matters is that unbelieving sinners are not resurrected
They are raised to stand for judgment. All opinion to the contrary is less then irrelevant.

. Once the Father calls somebody to Christ (the Word - John 6:44), they will then undoubtedly be resurrected by Jesus upon His return.

Those who come to Him are the called and the chosen there are no others. Predstination only means that some folks will have the opportunity to have eternal life by accepting His free gift. He did not die for nothing. He died for those who would choose to accept Him. He does NOT choose for us. He died to give us that choice.
What happens after that is based entirely on their conduct after being called to Christ by the Father
Of course you descend into a works trip here. That is the heart of your case and was evident from the first.

GEN2REV

May 12, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
During the thousand years between the first and the second resurrection the judgment of the wicked takes place. The apostle Paul points to this judgment as an event that follows the second advent. "Judge nothing before the time, until the Lord come, who both will bring to light the hidden things of darkness, and will make manifest the counsels the hearts." 1 Corinthians 4:5. Daniel declares that when the Ancient of Days came, "judgment was given to the saints of the Most High." Daniel 7:22. At this time the righteous reign as kings and priests unto God. John in the Revelation says: "I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them." "They shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with Him a thousand years." Revelation 20:4, 6. It is at this time that, as foretold by Paul, "the saints shall judge the world." 1 Corinthians 6:2. In union with Christ they judge the wicked, comparing their acts with the statute book, the Bible, and deciding every case according to the deeds done in the body. Then the portion which the wicked must suffer is meted out, according to their works; and it is recorded against their names in the book of death. {Great Controversy 660, 661}
At the close of the thousand years the second resurrection will take place. Then the wicked will be raised from the dead and appear before God for the execution of "the judgment written." Thus the revelator, after describing the resurrection of the righteous, says: "The rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished." Revelation 20:5. And Isaiah declares, concerning the wicked: "They shall be gathered together, as prisoners are gathered in the pit, and shall be shut up in the prison, and after many days shall they be visited." Isaiah 24:22. {GC 661}
That's not what E.G.White taught. Research it from her book The Great Controversy.

And that scenario doesn't line up with Scripture outside of Rev. 20. There's no other mention of a 1,000 year period outside of that book and chapter. These well-known end time passages all agree; and they contradict Millennium doctrine.
Matthew 24:29-31
1 Corinthians 15:22-27
Isaiah 13:9-11
2 Peter 3:10-11
1 Thessalonians 4:16-17

Also, what is a priest, Backlit? It is a go-between, a mediator, between heaven and earth, between God and physical (upon the earth) mankind. So if the saints will be priests, and judges, that means they will be such upon the earth. Not in some New Heaven and New Earth afterlife. That supports the concept of Jesus' kingdom running from the time of His 1st to His 2nd Advent. That is prior to His return when He gathers the saints, destroys sinners and desolates (if not outright destroys, which is what 2 Peter 3 tells us) the earth and judges all that He gathers at that time and turns the kingdom over to the Father. THE END.

Where is there time for sinners/unbelievers to be resurrected or to live another 1,000 years.

There just isn't.

Those who are sincere, and honest, will see the glaring inconsistencies with Millennium doctrine.

GEN2REV

May 12, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
While the earth was wrapped in the fire of destruction, the righteous abode safely in the Holy City. Upon those that had part in the first resurrection, the second death has no power. While God is to the wicked a consuming fire, He is to His people both a sun and a shield. {GC 673}
This echoes Rev. 20 in that it does not specifically mention a Second Resurrection. No, it is not implied. If it were implied, then it might as well mean many resurrections. It simply says First, and it only says it in Revelation 20. Nowhere else in Scripture.
Since it is impossible for God, consistently with His justice and mercy, to save the sinner in his sins, He deprives him of the existence which his transgressions have forfeited and of which he has proved himself unworthy. Says an inspired writer: "Yet a little while, and the wicked shall not be: yea, thou shalt diligently consider his place, and it shall not be." And another declares: "They shall be as though they had not been." Psalm 37:10; Obadiah 16. Covered with infamy, they sink into hopeless, eternal oblivion... Thus will be made an end of sin, with all the woe and ruin which have resulted from it. {GC 544}
This supports the total absence of a Resurrection for the sinner/unbeliever.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@GEN2REV
“...not every single person shall be resurrected”...

ERROR.

All who have lived, shall be resurrected, stand before the Judge and Receive their “Judgement and Sentence”....
Be their Judgement and Sentence;
* eternal life WITH God
* or eternal death WITHOUT God.

John 5:
[29] And shall come forth; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation.

Some, over the period of history, since the beginning of mankind, have physically died, have become resurrected and their physical life resumed.
(That is totally different, than being physically resurrected, and BEING Judged and BEING Sentenced, and RECEIVING their Sentence of FOREVER Life WITH God, or FOREVER Life WITHOUT God.)

Glory to God,
Taken

Reactions: mailmandan

GEN2REV

May 12, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Whosoever will let him come, Jesus says. When we choose God we are chosen. God tried to draw all men to Him, but bot all will come to Him. Salvation is a choice we make, not a fate we were programmed to.
You can deny the Scripture all you like. It doesn't change God's Word.

NO MAN can come to Jesus unless/until the Father so chooses. NO MAN has the ability of themselves; even AFTER Jesus' sacrifice. It makes no difference in this regard. NOBODY can come to Christ without being given faith by God and being called. Period. And no man can get to heaven, to the Father except through Jesus Christ.
John 6:44
John 14:6

12 And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works. Rev. 20

This is people, some of whom will go to the lake of fire. That proves it is anything BUT 'only the saved'!
Not all Christians go to heaven, dad. I'm sorry, but the Bible just doesn't teach that. Many Christians will go to the Lake of Fire.
NONE of His sheep are rejected. Ever. Those who chose Jesus are simply never rejected. That is the heart of God and the gospel. Not something anyone should miss or lie about.
Correct. None are rejected, and none can be taken from His hand by the enemy. That doesn't address those who do not abide (remain) in Him, dad. You are giving human beings too much credit to believe/claim that all humans can maintain focus, and endure to the end, in this fallen world that is perpetually pulling at, and tempting them away from Jesus and their faith.

God gives us a portion of faith and it is on us to nurture and grow that faith. The Bible teaches this many ways, in multiple places. If our faith stagnates, it can be taken away and we fall. We can always repent and return, and will be greeted with open, loving arms, by Jesus, but there are only so many who continue making this decision until the very end. The entire theme of the Bible supports this image.
Those who come to Him are the called and the chosen there are no others. Predestination only means that some folks will have the opportunity to have eternal life by accepting His free gift. He did not die for nothing. He died for those who would choose to accept Him. He does NOT choose for us. He died to give us that choice.
Many are called, few are chosen. Matthew 22:14 You are refusing to accept much of Scripture to maintain your stubborn contention. Many in no way means every single person.

Choosing to accept Christ is not the final step into heaven. It is the beginning of the process of salvation. OSAS is an abominable heresy of a lie.
Of course you descend into a works trip here. That is the heart of your case and was evident from the first.
Nope. Just Scripture.

We are told to run the race properly, to endure to the end and to obey. The Holy Spirit enables/empowers us to obey, just as Jesus Christ did in His physical life upon the earth. We are to do just as He did.

The Truth of it all is much more simple, conceptually, than those who are misled believe it to be.

Study Scripture honestly and sincerely, with prayer, and you will be shown the Truth of these matters.

JunChosen

Apr 7, 2020
Los Angeles
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Those who come to Him are the called and the chosen there are no others. Predstination only means that some folks will have the opportunity to have eternal life by accepting His free gift. He did not die for nothing. He died for those who would choose to accept Him. He does NOT choose for us. He died to give us that choice.

So sad, indeed very sad! According to what you have uttered above you are NOT a saved person. My comments to you will be in the form of Scripture so that there will be no misunderstandings to what I have say! I hope, for your sake, you pay heed to what Scripture have to stipulate!

Matthew 7:21-23
21) Not everyone that sayeth unto me,Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven...
22) Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?
23) And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

John 15:16:
"
Ye have not chosen me, but I have chosen you..."

Ephesians 2:8-9:
8)
For by race [God's grace] are you saved through faith [Jesus' faith (Rev.19:11)].
9)
Not of works, lest any man should boast.

Romans 3:10-12:
10)
As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one:
11) There is none that understandeth, there is none that seeketh after God.
12) They are all gone out of their way, they are together become unprofitable; there is none that doeth good, no, no one

I think the above should suffice for now. May God give you wisdom.

To God Be The Glory

Reactions: GEN2REV

GEN2REV

May 12, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ERROR.

All who have lived, shall be resurrected, stand before the Judge and Receive their “Judgement and Sentence”....
* eternal life WITH God
Thanks, Taken.

Researching your comment brought me to some very interesting discoveries.

First, I only know of two passages in Scripture that present men standing before God in judgment. There must be more so if you know of any more, or can find any, please post them.

The ones I looked at were 2 Corinthians 5:10 and Revelation 20:12.

I was fascinated to find that 2 Corinthians 5 is actually speaking of Christians only. Observe:
Verses 1-2 are speaking of those whose bodies are a tabernacle of the Holy Spirit. Cannot be unsaved sinners/unbelievers.
2 Corinthians 5:1-2
Verse 5 speaks of being given the Spirit by God.
2 Corinthians 5:5
Verse 7 speaks of those who walk by faith. Specifically speaking to Christians ... believers.
2 Corinthians 5:7
Verse 9 says that we labour (aim) to be accepted by (well pleasing to) Him.
2 Corinthians 5:9
And, finally, we have verse 10.
" For we must all (Christians) appear before the judgment seat of Christ; that every one (all Christians) may receive the things done in his body, according to that he hath done, whether it be good or bad."

Now, let's compare that to John 5:28-29
The hour is coming = One Resurrection.
All that shall hear His voice = only those who CAN hear Jesus' voice per verse 25 just prior.
"... and they that hear (only) shall live."
John 5:25
They that have done good unto life, and they that have done evil (bad) to damnation.

This is ALLLLLL Christians the Bible is referencing here. Alllll Christians.

GEN2REV

May 12, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My sheep hear my voice (not sinners/unbelievers). John 10:27

He that hears (who is capable of hearing) and believes (and obeys the Father) has life and will not be condemned. John 5:24

They that (have the ability to) hear, shall be resurrected. John 5:25

All of these will then be judged for their deeds in life. Some to life and some to damnation.
2 Corinthians 5:10
John 5:29

Last edited:

dad

Apr 17, 2020
private
normanbruleart.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
You can deny the Scripture all you like. It doesn't change God's Word.

NO MAN can come to Jesus unless/until the Father so chooses. NO MAN has the ability of themselves; even AFTER Jesus' sacrifice. It makes no difference in this regard. NOBODY can come to Christ without being given faith by God and being called. Period. And no man can get to heaven, to the Father except through Jesus Christ.
John 6:44
John 14:6
The Father only chooses those that choose Jesus. Paul choose Jesus when he came to the light. God makes the Way, but we must choose. We have the ability because God sent Jesus to die and would not have done so if we could not choose to accept His gift of eternal life.

Not all Christians go to heaven, dad. I'm sorry, but the Bible just doesn't teach that.
That depends on what you think the word Christian means.
Many Christians will go to the Lake of Fire.
Not a single solitary believer goes there, that is why Jesus died.
Correct. None are rejected, and none can be taken from His hand by the enemy. That doesn't address those who do not abide (remain) in Him, dad.
Then let me address that now, if a man falls seven times a day, he will rise back up again. If a brother sins 490 times against you he is still a saved brother. If someone sins so bad that God has to take them to heaven early to prevent further damage, they are still saved, though their works are burned! (yet so as by fire)

You are giving human beings too much credit to believe/claim that all humans can maintain focus, and endure to the end, in this fallen world that is perpetually pulling at, and tempting them away from Jesus and their faith.
Enduring is not what saves us. Belief in Jesus, accepting Jesus (and belief then grows) IS what saves us. The believers alive in that short end period will endure to the end and that is because they are saved, not TO get saved! The end for them might be losing their head in that time! In my hand no price I bring, simply to thy cross I cling..
God gives us a portion of faith and it is on us to nurture and grow that faith.
His word grows faith. We did not write Scripture so it is still Him that brings the faith by providing the well of Scripture to nourish from.
The Bible teaches this many ways, in multiple places. If our faith stagnates, it can be taken away and we fall.
God died for those of little or no faith. Salvation cannot be taken away. Other things can. Our lives for example. If we neglect the word we also will not have faith.
We can always repent and return, and will be greeted with open, loving arms, by Jesus, but there are only so many who continue making this decision until the very end.
The ONLY sin unto death is rejecting His Spirit, so that we are not saved!
Works do not keep us saved or save us, period. Ever.
The entire theme of the Bible supports this image.Many are called, few are chosen.
Yes, His call goes out to all the world and relatively few accept it. ALL who choose Jesus are the chosen and there are no other chosen, period.
Matthew 22:14 You are refusing to accept much of Scripture to maintain your stubborn contention. Many in no way means every single person.
Context. What you thought was Scripture was actually a skewed comprehension of it.
Choosing to accept Christ is not the final step into heaven. It is the beginning of the process of salvation. OSAS is an abominable heresy of a lie.
There is no other step to heaven! That is the only way. All processes are after this fact. Our refining, learning, chastening,etc etc. We do not work our way to heaven. Works are simply what we do in gratitude for being saved.

We are told to run the race properly, to endure to the end and to obey.
Some win races, others just run the best they can. The people told to endure to the end are those after the Rapture in the Tribulation, and their end may come very fast! The enduring is the mark that they are saved NOT what saved them either.
The Holy Spirit enables/empowers us to obey, just as Jesus Christ did in His physical life upon the earth. We are to do just as He did.
Great. However, if you think you are sinless like Jesus, sorry. We are a work in progress!

mailmandan

Feb 24, 2020
The Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ERROR.

* eternal life WITH God

John 5:
[29] And shall come forth; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation.

Some, over the period of history, since the beginning of mankind, have physically died, have become resurrected and their physical life resumed.
(That is totally different, than being physically resurrected, and BEING Judged and BEING Sentenced, and RECEIVING their Sentence of FOREVER Life WITH God, or FOREVER Life WITHOUT God.)

Glory to God,
Taken
They that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil; unto the resurrection of damnation is clear.

Also, in Acts 24:15, we read that there will be a resurrection of the dead, both of the just and the unjust.

We know from scripture that the just will receive glorified bodies, so what kind of bodies will the unjust receive? Certainly not glorified bodies fit for God’s kingdom, but bodies fit for the lake of fire.

Reactions: Taken

dad

Apr 17, 2020
private
normanbruleart.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
So sad, indeed very sad! According to what you have uttered above you are NOT a saved person.
By what measure you judge, you shall be judged.

My comments to you will be in the form of Scripture so that there will be no misunderstandings to what I have say! I hope, for your sake, you pay heed to what Scripture have to stipulate!
Your opinions were already shown to be grossly in error. Claiming they are somehow associated with Scripture will be easy to expose.

Matthew 7:21-23
21) Not everyone that sayeth unto me,Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven...
Matthew 7:8
For every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened

So those who are sincers are saved. Merely wearing a robe and making a pretense of holiness will not save anyone.

John 15:16:
"Ye have not chosen me, but I have chosen you..."
He chose the 12, of course. THEY chose Him also.
Ephesians 2:8-9:
8) For by race [God's grace] are you saved through faith [Jesus' faith (Rev.19:11)].
Excellent typo! It is not the RACE that saves us but the GRACE!!!!!!
Romans 3:10-12:
10) As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one:
That is why Jesus died for us,. now we who are wahed in His blood are righteous!

JunChosen

Apr 7, 2020
Los Angeles
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
By what measure you judge, you shall be judged.

I've judged you according to your words! Have you not heard of righteous Judgment?

Your opinions were already shown to be grossly in error. Claiming they are somehow associated with Scripture will be easy to expose.

My comments when appropriate wer always accompanied with Scripture references.

For every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened

I can wager on the above that you don't have any inkling at all as to their meaning.

So those who are sincers are saved. Merely wearing a robe and making a pretense of holiness will not save anyone.[/QUOTE]

When the Father looks at a saved person yes He sees Christ's Robe of Righteousness over them and makes their stony heats into a heart of flesh.

He chose the 12, of course. THEY chose Him also.[/QUOTE]

Lol! Only the 12??!! Are you a Alien! You must not be of this earth!!

Excellent typo! It is not the RACE that saves us but the GRACE!!!!!![/QUOTE]

Speaking of typos. Look at your next comment below. So much for judgment You should practice what you preach, dad-y-o-o-o. Ha, Ha, Ha.

That is why Jesus died for us,. now we who are wahed in His blood are righteous!

Do you see the word "wahed"? Or, did you mean "washed"?

Sorry. Christ didn't die for you because you are not "wahed" [twice?] in His blood!!!

To God Be The Glory

dad

Apr 17, 2020
private
normanbruleart.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I've judged you according to your words! Have you not heard of righteous Judgment?
Wrong, you don not like others who will not accept your skewed choices of interpretations.

I can wager on the above that you don't have any inkling at all as to their meaning.
Rather than self righteous blather, it would be good to address the issues here.