Open Question: Was God an Alien?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

bonzion

Apr 6, 2007
IT IS ALL A MATTER OF FAITH, FAITH, FAITH!!!!!In World War 2 an American fighter pilot crash-landed in the Brazilian rainforest where he was discovered by an isolated tribe of natives. Impressed by his technical gadgetry and his descent from the sky, these primitive people elevated him to the status of a god and created a religion around him. Today, the “proof” of their religion consists of a series of artifacts hanging from tree branches, including items such as a broken plane engine, an empty cigarette lighter and a rusting pocketknife. But to the educated reader, these artifacts are instead testimony to the fact that the artifacts of a religion are not proof of the religion itself but rather proof of the actual event which occurred (and was quite possibly misinterpreted). As Arthur C. Clarke once said, “any sufficiently advanced technology is perceived as miracle”. Could Christianity be the product of a similar misinterpretation?In the 1960’s, while mankind was rapidly breaking the shackles of his home planet and venturing out into the nearby Cosmos, the idea naturally evolved that maybe our planet had been visited by extra-terrestrials in the distant past. When Erich von Daniken released his famous book, Chariots of the Gods, in 1968, the hypothesis arose that maybe God was the primitive misinterpretation of extra-terrestrials visiting Earth, whose high technology was perceived as miracle, and may have formed the basis for many of the ancient religions around the world. Was God an Alien?When Spaceships Landed on EarthJules Verna described a trip around the world in 80 days. Nowadays, it takes 90 minutes for an astronaut to do that. In those days, his ideas were considered to be pure science fiction. Yet, not only have we proven that false, we've outdone it. Ideas of today may be scoffed, yet some of them do eventually become a reality. This is one of the unfortunate tendencies we seem to maintain in all times. Sooner or later, man will have conquered space, and we will have conquered Mars, then the Solar System, and perhaps distant stars. Now, let us assume that a spaceship leaves Earth to another planet. If the ship were traveling fast enough, then time would slow down for the crew. 10 years would pass on the ship, whereas 100 may have gone by back home on Earth. The ship lands on a planet, inhabited by a population of creatures in the state of development that Earth was 8000 years ago. What do the primitives think of these strange visitors coming in large roaring ships? They close their eyes, and face the ground fearing these "Gods." The Gods have come to visit them! The crew would study these inhabitants, pick up their language and would be able to communicate with them. Priests from the tribe would approach them to pay homage and offer gifts. No amount of explanation would deter any of the primitives from the notion that these are Gods. Our crew would also teach the primitives some of the basic values of civilization. Interbreeding among them (perhaps by 'choosing' women) would lead to a generation that's actually a few generations ahead in intelligence and abilities. The crew would eventually leave, perhaps with a promise of return. Back on that planet, the saga would continue. They will write stories, erect statues, drawings, temples… But maybe neither of these hypotheses are necessary. Yes, it is possible that visitors from outer space did land on earth a few thousand years ago and communicate with our ancestors. But it is also possible that the prehistoric people were responsible for their own art, technology and culture. Maybe the writings within the Bible are mere stories and poems attempting to explain our place and purpose in the Universe; perhaps also in an attempt to satisfy the basic human desire for an afterlife. And maybe these fundamental aspects of human nature similarly inspired the other worldwide religions.IT IS ALL A MATTER OF FAITH, FAITH, FAITH!!!!!IT IS ALL A MATTER OF FAITH, FAITH, FAITH!!!!!

Jon-Marc

Jun 8, 2007
Jacumba, CA
Since I don't believe that God put any intelligent life on any other planet, I don't believe anyone has visited earth from other planets. God has always existed.

Mike1111Mike

Sep 20, 2007
1st of all I am not convinced there is intelligent life on earth!!!!!!!!!!! but if there were, we might ask question like: 1) If these Aliens are so intelligent as to conquer quantum-wormhole space/time travel, antigravity, and inertial dampening technologies ( so they would not kill them selves, with all their sudden turns, starts and stops -in defiance of their "inertial" movement in these various directions ), and stealth, and cloaking technologies, then whycant they manage to fly from here to there without crashing all over the place, And 2) Why are all of their space ship designs so different, from circular, to cigar shape, to caucer shaped, to triangular, and with so many different light combinations, because so many designs would be redundant, unless done for aesthetic reasons, which I doubt, because they generaly all look pretty fugly looking!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And 3) If we get all of these incompetent "Gomer Pyle" type Alien visitors, who cant fly from here to there without crashing, and fly such Fugly ships, which look like they would have been built in the back woods of an Alien version of the movie "Deliverence," than why are we the "Charlie Brown's" of the Universe, to only rate visits from these "Gomer Pyle" Aliens. And No God is not an Alien, all You Gomer-Pyle-Conspiricy-Theory Lovers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And for serious questioners, No God is not an Alien!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And No, Aliens do not realy exist ( unless as Demons in Friendly Disguise )!!!!!!!!!!!!!! God Bless, believers in Christ Mike

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
(Mike1111Mike;21451)
1st of all I am not convinced there is intelligent life on earth!!!!!!!!!!! but if there were, we might ask question like: 1) If these Aliens are so intelligent as to conquer quantum-wormhole space/time travel, antigravity, and inertial dampening technologies ( so they would not kill them selves, with all their sudden turns, starts and stops -in defiance of their "inertial" movement in these various directions ), and stealth, and cloaking technologies, then whycant they manage to fly from here to there without crashing all over the place, And 2) Why are all of their space ship designs so different, from circular, to cigar shape, to caucer shaped, to triangular, and with so many different light combinations, because so many designs would be redundant, unless done for aesthetic reasons, which I doubt, because they generaly all look pretty fugly looking!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And 3) If we get all of these incompetent "Gomer Pyle" type Alien visitors, who cant fly from here to there without crashing, and fly such Fugly ships, which look like they would have been built in the back woods of an Alien version of the movie "Deliverence," than why are we the "Charlie Brown's" of the Universe, to only rate visits from these "Gomer Pyle" Aliens. And No God is not an Alien, all You Gomer-Pyle-Conspiricy-Theory Lovers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And for serious questioners, No God is not an Alien!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! God Bless, believers in Christ Mike
Now this is the most intelligent post I seen it months:)

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
Now to be serious here for those inquiring minds NO NO NO GOD IS NOT AN ALIEN YOU BETTER GET THIS STRAIGHT IN YOUR MIND.This is most likely going to be part of the great delusion that Satan is going to pour on mankind. Read of the flying ships in Ezekiel. So many today are aware of books like Chariots of the gods that a so called UFO landing and a christ type figure steping out and saying hey Im the guy that was here 2000 years ago and you thought you cruzified me but see Im here now to bring you peace and safety and keep you all from destroying yourselfs we were the gods of old. How many today would believe this was christ coming back just as he promised?????It is a lie God is not an Alien Nor will he return in a space ship or so called UFOyou better get ready for delusions unlike the world has never known.

bonzion

Apr 6, 2007
(Mike1111Mike;21451)
1st of all I am not convinced there is intelligent life on earth!!!!!!!!!!! but if there were, we might ask question like: 1) If these Aliens are so intelligent as to conquer quantum-wormhole space/time travel, antigravity, and inertial dampening technologies ( so they would not kill them selves, with all their sudden turns, starts and stops -in defiance of their "inertial" movement in these various directions ), and stealth, and cloaking technologies, then whycant they manage to fly from here to there without crashing all over the place, And 2) Why are all of their space ship designs so different, from circular, to cigar shape, to caucer shaped, to triangular, and with so many different light combinations, because so many designs would be redundant, unless done for aesthetic reasons, which I doubt, because they generaly all look pretty fugly looking!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And 3) If we get all of these incompetent "Gomer Pyle" type Alien visitors, who cant fly from here to there without crashing, and fly such Fugly ships, which look like they would have been built in the back woods of an Alien version of the movie "Deliverence," than why are we the "Charlie Brown's" of the Universe, to only rate visits from these "Gomer Pyle" Aliens. And No God is not an Alien, all You Gomer-Pyle-Conspiricy-Theory Lovers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And for serious questioners, No God is not an Alien!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! God Bless, believers in Christ Mike
COOL DOWN MIKE, I NEVER SAID THAT GOD IS AN ALIEN. I SIMPLY PUT FORWARD AN OPEN QUESTION THAT DEMANDS AN OBJECTIVE AND PURE RESPONSE. THANKS FOR YOUR CONTRIBUTION THOUGH. LIKE I SAID IT IS ALL A MATTER OF FAITH.

Mike1111Mike

Sep 20, 2007
I am sorry, I did not mean You in particular -As I do not know You personaly, but only genericaly. I only cast Generic disparaging remarks, meant to challenge beiliefs, to wit I also sometimes share spontaneous theories/and possibilities sometimes, to open up more possibilities for debate, rather than try and apear perfect all the time -becuase We all need to sharpen our knowledge and debate skills, even though I probably break "post," proticol by not trying to be perfect in all of what I present -However I enjoy the satisfation that when I have a "Briliant" insight, that it can be seen that the insight is Briliant, and not I. ( because of My non-brilliant posts!!!!!!!! ) I truly believe My calling leads Me to break New Spiritual Ground, and God forbid anybody thinks Me anything but a bafoon, because the New Spiritual Ground I am allowed to see is what matters, and not Me. I are not a rocket scientist!!!!!!!!!!!!! However I truly was inspired to write that clever take on Aliens, as they truly only are falsehood, in My knowledge that this universe is all about Our personal Relationships with God, or lack there off ( which is the only true tragedy in the Universe ) So I apologize if You thought I was attacking You personaly, and do know I have to work on calming down even with My beloved Generic Disparaging remarks, as they can quite easily sound "personal," and in My own suffering, I know I am a little too quick, and hot tempered -and truly care more about advancing "New Ground," than fixing My flaws, which seem difficult to Me, because I am a bit of an idiot, truly. It is as if, I keep walking right infront of the same Speeding Trucks, and wait for it to hurt less each time??????????? But at least I do get to advance some things, while trying sometimes, not to successfully at improving Myself. Hence I truly need lots of prayers. And I don't think that I am kidding or playing around when I think I need prayers for fools and idiots, becasue I am a stubborn fool in so many ways. but hopefully we are truly here to pray for eachother as well as share and teach!!! And I truly still do think My post was very good -with only minor faults I hope, and Hope it is read and read again and againGod BlessMike

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
Ecclesiastes 3:4 - A time to weep, and a time to laugh; a time to mourn, and a time to dance;Yea well, to be quite honest...because it is good for us to laugh at the things that are good or laugh at your own mistakes etc...I find that God loves to be humerous when speaking truth.Love much to you everyone.Lovest ye in Christ Yahshua our Lord and Saviour.

bonzion

Apr 6, 2007
(6742705;21503)
In every sense of the word God is extraterrestrial. God is not an alien species but most definitely extraterrestrial. There is none like God on Earth or any other planet because he created the planets and everything else. Is that alien? I would think that is most definitely alien to anything that we will ever encounter. Is God a Martian? No, God is not a Martian but if Martians do exist they were also created by God.Have a blessed adventure
WOW!! BLESSED ADVENTURE. LOVE THAT ONE.:pray::pray::pray:

AtALoss

Nov 3, 2007
(thesuperjag;21500)
Ecclesiastes 3:4 - A time to weep, and a time to laugh; a time to mourn, and a time to dance;Yea well, to be quite honest...because it is good for us to laugh at the things that are good or laugh at your own mistakes etc...I find that God loves to be humerous when speaking truth.Love much to you everyone.Lovest ye in Christ Yahshua our Lord and and Saviour.
Glad to hear that Jag. Another confirmation that you are not commercial christianity. Mike, thanks for the post. Made me think. Needed that. Also made me go to bible. Not to many people can do that for me. AAL.

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
(AtALoss;21736)
(thesuperjag;21500)
Ecclesiastes 3:4 - A time to weep, and a time to laugh; a time to mourn, and a time to dance;Yea well, to be quite honest...because it is good for us to laugh at the things that are good or laugh at your own mistakes etc...I find that God loves to be humerous when speaking truth.Love much to you everyone.Lovest ye in Christ Yahshua our Lord and Saviour.
Glad to hear that Jag. Another confirmation that you are not commercial christianity.Mike, thanks for the post. Made me think. Needed that. Also made me go to bible. Not to many people can do that for me. AAL.Thank you very much. Appreciate that. I am very far from being a commerical Christianity. Love you so very much.JagLovest thou in Christ Yahshua our Lord and Saviour.

Wise Haven

Sep 26, 2007
(kriss;21454)
Now to be serious here for those inquiring minds NO NO NO GOD IS NOT AN ALIEN YOU BETTER GET THIS STRAIGHT IN YOUR MIND.This is most likely going to be part of the great delusion that Satan is going to pour on mankind. Read of the flying ships in Ezekiel. So many today are aware of books like Chariots of the gods that a so called UFO landing and a christ type figure steping out and saying hey Im the guy that was here 2000 years ago and you thought you cruzified me but see Im here now to bring you peace and safety and keep you all from destroying yourselfs we were the gods of old. How many today would believe this was christ coming back just as he promised?????It is a lie God is not an Alien Nor will he return in a space ship or so called UFOyou better get ready for delusions unlike the world has never known.
Great post bonzion - very thought provoking.I think Kriss is pretty much spot on with her quotation above.Aliens, flying disks, all seem to be part of the great illusion.Strange though, through the centuries demons and evil spirit have always been described in similar terms as the modern "alien visitation" examples we hear of.There is definitely a common motif: Flying chariots become alien space craft. Demons who possess or visit man become aliens who abduct or control.
smile.gif

bonzion

Apr 6, 2007
(Wise Haven;21799)
Strange though, through the centuries demons and evil spirit have always been described in similar terms as the modern "alien visitation" examples we hear of.There is definitely a common motif: Flying chariots become alien space craft. Demons who possess or visit man become aliens who abduct or control.
smile.gif

:pray3: I THINK WE NEED SOME HELP FROM ABOVE! TOO MANY QUESTIONS, VERY FEW ANSWERS!!!The fact is that nobody can prove or disprove what we told about the beginning of man's moment on this earth. We can only accept tings by faith. But there lies the contradiction. If the source is unique then all faiths should be the same, otherwise some faiths are fake. The big question is who is lost. As a Christian, I believe that I am saved. What about my Muslim brother, he also believes the same. :naughty: