Organised Religion

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
perhaps lets NOT forget the families who have say in the Church. they hold all the major offices

There were leaders. Not a leader

a leader is dangerous in the fact they can become tempted and has no checks and balances. I have been to many churches over this country where the pastors would make sure only yes men were nominated for deacons..

My church has multiple leaders. Even our home groups have 4 leaders (2 men and 2 women) who pastor the flock (the women pastor the women, the men the men).
Sounds good.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
umm the pastor is the shepherd/preacher you are getting into the office of the Deacons
a teacher should be raising other teachers and other leaders. The church should grow within. This is another flaw of churches.. when a pastor falls or leaves. They have to go hire another pastor from an outside source.

Reactions: marks and Pearl

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
but they can .. curious have you ever been a pastor one called of God
in order to truely disciple someone, you need to have one on one time with them, or at the most, small groups where you are discipline each other, where you feel free to confess yoru sins to one another. Help each other in a time of need. Grow personally with that person.

You can’t do that when you are trying to disciple 50 people by yourself. I used to believe that. I know longer do since I have witnessed first had what true discipleship looks like..

I leave discussion in a men’s cell group. I also lead and teach in my home group. I also attend a Saturday morning mens prayer group where we also get into the word. I also go to my central teaching where all house groups meet on sunday

Reactions: marks and Pearl

Ezra

Dec 27, 2018
Missouri
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We hired all of our pastors..

Again, A pastor should be grown within.. Thats how the church grows. As leaders from within grow and start to lead their own groups..
i have no objection to with in provided he is called but a pastor who is sent from outside. can have more freedom to preach what needs to be preached. he dont know just what the spirit leads him to say.

try this again are you a pastor/preacher who has been called by God?

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
umm the pastor is the shepherd/preacher you are getting into the office of the Deacons

psst so can leaders it goes on every day/ you are describing a hireling .
A church needs a team leadership and the leaders should not be the most important person in the church. They should not put themselves above all their members. They are just brothers in Christ who are supposed to serve the people as well as leading them and teaching them. Also they should not be averse to being corrected or challenged regarding their message or any decisions they make. Jesus was the Servant King.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
i have no objection to with in provided he is called but a pastor who is sent from outside. can have more freedom to preach what needs to be preached. he dont know just what the spirit leads him to say.

try this again are you a pastor/preacher who has been called by God?
We have differing views of what a pastor is. And what a true church looks like.

A pastor from outside does not know his flock. So he will not know how to lead his flock. Not all people are the same not all people have the same needs. Or the same struggles..

I witnessed the church I grew up in. It had a long time pastor. Once he resigned, they hired other pastors. Each succession. People left Because the pastor came to try to lead them, but did not know them. that church no longer exists today.. It is sad seeing the building where I came to the lord empty and falling apart. But that is what many churches are doing today

Do I have a semenary degree? No. Neither did the apostles..

Reactions: Pearl

Ezra

Dec 27, 2018
Missouri
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A church needs a team leadership and the leaders should not be the most important person in the church. They should not put themselves above all their members. They are just brothers in Christ who are supposed to serve the people as well as leading them and teaching them. Also they should not be averse to being corrected or challenged regarding their message or any decisions they make. Jesus was the Servant King.
your getting close to the truth. certainly if the pastor/preacher is not preaching Bible. something should be said but a true man of God will stay n the word. BTW i seen this backroom meetings the pastor got to close to home in the message . btw i also have seen these board controlled churches.. they wanted to keep the pastor under there thumb

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus washed the disciples feet. He said th least will be the greatest.

the disciples led they way he thought them.. sadly I believe the roman church had destroyed the modern church. For even after the reformation. The church brought many of the same principles with it..

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom

A pastor from outside does not know his flock. So he will not know how to lead his flock. Not all people are the same not all people have the same needs. Or the same struggles..

I witnessed the church I grew up in. It had a long time pastor. Once he resigned, they hired other pastors. Each succession. People left Because the pastor came to try to lead them, but did not know them. that church no longer exists today.. It is sad seeing the building where I came to the lord empty and falling apart. But that is what many churches are doing today

I think that's where my church went wrong in hiring a pastor from outside who had a degree but didn't know the 'flock'.

Ezra

Dec 27, 2018
Missouri
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

first off i NEVERA SKED YOU IF YOU HAD a seminary degree did i? 2nd you bet we have a difference a Big difference just like a marriage the man and wife have to grow together in order for the marriage to work. the husband is the head of the family. the works with his wife on decisions in the family the Pastor and the congregation Grow together .they call it unity many times no matter who the Church gets as pastor .they simply will not be happy been there done that . asked to resign from a church that the people had a mind to work. i mentioned foot washing from the pulpit. when asked where i got that read from the Bible what Christ said he left us a example to follow ///

ONCE AGAIN ARE YOU CALLED TO PREACH ? called from God. i suspect not

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
your getting close to the truth. certainly if the pastor/preacher is not preaching Bible. something should be said but a true man of God will stay n the word. BTW i seen this backroom meetings the pastor got to close to home in the message . btw i also have seen these board controlled churches.. they wanted to keep the pastor under there thumb
A traditional Anglican church is mostly run by its Parochial Church Council who can block all new ideas. In my time as part of an Anglican church those of us who were true Christians - not just church-goers - were encouraged to put our names forward for election to the PCC because that was the only way the vicar was going to get the go-ahead to bring in more of the Holy Spirit. Those traditionalists did not want anything new.

Ezra

Dec 27, 2018
Missouri
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
hiring a pastor from outside who had a degree but didn't know the 'flock'.
did they try to get to know him or he try to get to know the flock?
they are trained with that degree how to pastor .the Holy spirit leads us.. nothing wrong witha degree provided they use it being led of the spirit

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
first off i NEVERA SKED YOU IF YOU HAD a seminary degree did i? 2nd you bet we have a difference a Big difference just like a marriage the man and wife have to grow together in order for the marriage to work. the husband is the head of the family. the works with his wife on decisions in the family the Pastor and the congregation Grow together .they call it unity many times no matter who the Church gets as pastor .they simply will not be happy been there done that . asked to resign from a church that the people had a mind to work. i mentioned foot washing from the pulpit. when asked where i got that read from the Bible what Christ said he left us a example to follow ///

ONCE AGAIN ARE YOU CALLED TO PREACH ? called from God. i suspect not
We are all 'called' to something. Nobody is more important than anybody else.