Organised Religion

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Ezra

Dec 27, 2018
Missouri
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
the apostle paul wrote

1 Corinthians 4:15​

“For though ye have ten thousand instructors in Christ, yet have ye not many fathers: for in Christ Jesus I have begotten you through the gospel.” there is hardly any fathers in the Lord just those who think they know it

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
i am not angelicin i am evangelistic
I never supposed you were. You keep on quoting parts of sentences instead of commenting on the meaning of the whole post, which in this case was describing the running of the church. Nothing about your being an Anglican.

Reactions: Eternally Grateful

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
first off i NEVERA SKED YOU IF YOU HAD a seminary degree did i? 2nd you bet we have a difference a Big difference just like a marriage the man and wife have to grow together in order for the marriage to work. the husband is the head of the family. the works with his wife on decisions in the family the Pastor and the congregation Grow together .they call it unity many times no matter who the Church gets as pastor .they simply will not be happy been there done that . asked to resign from a church that the people had a mind to work. i mentioned foot washing from the pulpit. when asked where i got that read from the Bible what Christ said he left us a example to follow ///

ONCE AGAIN ARE YOU CALLED TO PREACH ? called from God. i suspect not
this is exactly what the op was talking about and why the churches are so week in America and beyond and have been for decades/

once again, God sent the disciples in twos. Even the church in jerusalem was not led by one man it has multiple leaders. The church did not meat in building. And people di dnot go to church to hear some man preach.

they met in homes, they broke bread, they prayed. They had fellowship and they read the word.

Who cares if I am called to preach or not. Its not about me my friend. I will nto boast in myself I will boast in God..

Reactions: Pearl

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The best place to be is where someone explains what they believe in how they understand things lead by the Holy Spirit in actually going through verse by verse with commentary from your understanding with the use of scripture to help. You can also see what others thing; but be firm on how you see things, and if things change over time keep talking about those things with God.

At least if you have someone whom is upfront with you, it helps cut out a lot of the bull hockey. And learning the scripture and reading it and studying it though it is boring is beneficial not only to one’s self by building up their faith and trust in God; but for others as well; who hear, and desire to learn.

I have met great wonderful people in church, I just don’t go no more due to the lack of how some churches as far as teaching is just not satisfying. The denominations are all different, and the preacher has to do his own thing; either teach or preach. And there is a difference between them both. Sometimes there is more singing than anything and not enough hearing and getting into the word and listening for an hour.

Ezra

Dec 27, 2018
Missouri
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We are all 'called' to something. Nobody is more important than anybody else.
that's NOT what i asked to be a preacher one has to be called of GOD read your Bible .
not every one holds the same office or has the same gift
Ephesians 4 :
11 And he gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and " some, pastors and teachers; "

12 For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ:

13 Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ:

14 That we henceforth be no more children, tossed to and fro, and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the sleight of men, and cunning craftiness, whereby they lie in wait to deceive;

15 But speaking the truth in love, may grow up into him in all things, which is the head, even Christ:

16 From whom the whole body fitly joined together and compacted by that which every joint supplieth, according to the effectual working in the measure of every part, maketh increase of the body unto the edifying of itself in love.

17 This I say therefore, and testify in the Lord, that ye henceforth walk not as other Gentiles walk, in the vanity of their mind,

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
that's NOT what i asked to be a preacher one has to be called of GOD read your Bible .
Ephesians 4 :
11 And he gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and " some, pastors and teachers; "

12 For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ:

13 Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ:

14 That we henceforth be no more children, tossed to and fro, and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the sleight of men, and cunning craftiness, whereby they lie in wait to deceive;

15 But speaking the truth in love, may grow up into him in all things, which is the head, even Christ:

16 From whom the whole body fitly joined together and compacted by that which every joint supplieth, according to the effectual working in the measure of every part, maketh increase of the body unto the edifying of itself in love.

17 This I say therefore, and testify in the Lord, that ye henceforth walk not as other Gentiles walk, in the vanity of their mind,
Pastors plural……

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Ephesians 4 :

Although we are not all called by God to preach or lead worship we are called to do something else; and even though it might be a something else that seems insignificant and unimportant to our eyes, in God’s scheme of things it is just as relevant as those other high profile, front of house ministries. And just as they need the infilling of the Holy Spirit to help them to lead worship or preach we too need that same source of enabling to do the small tasks he requires of us.

Ezra

Dec 27, 2018
Missouri
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
they met in homes, they broke bread, they prayed. They had fellowship and they read the word.

Who cares if I am called to preach or not. Its not about me my friend. I will nto boast in myself I will boast in God..
lets not forget about ANTIOCH 2ND if your going to say you know what your talking about. you need to be qualified in that area .. you would not ask me to build a house because i am not a carpenter . tell you what no disrespect but until you been called by God to preach or even pastor according to EPHESIANS 4 were done you have some good ideas but have not a clue how to implement them

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
lets not forget about ANTIOCH 2ND if your going to say you know what your talking about. you need to be qualified in that area .. you would not ask me to build a house because i am not a carpenter . tell you what no disrespect but until you been called by God to preach or even pastor according to EPHESIANS 4 were done you have some good ideas but have not a clue how to implement them
If you believe you have been called by God to preach then why do you seem so belligerent about it. And why can't you accept that other people also have a God given calling to make the drinks or clean the loos etc. A pastor that won't get their hands dirty if required is not a true servant to the flock. Jesus didn't just tell people, he walked with them, he ate with them he washed their feet and cooked for them. He led by example and a good pastor should be doing that.

Reactions: Eternally Grateful

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
lol

You should be catholic then. They teach we should all listen to men also.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Study to shew yourselves approved, a workman who needs not be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth

This is what Gd tells all of us to do. If we all did this, we would not fall so easily for deceptive men who try to decieve us with their truth..

Ezra

Dec 27, 2018
Missouri
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
why do you seem so belligerent about it.
not been belligerent .i have spoken in the truth everything i have read there has been some merit to.. but the rest is ideology of what unsatisfied Church goers wanted. you talked about meeting from house to house .but failed to mention Antioch . the past the 4 gospels the Bible is wrote to Churches that meet under a roof. .but i am done with this post ..i hope you find the perfect Church for when you do. after you get there it will no longer be. why is that? because we are flawed and need Jesus

Ezra

Dec 27, 2018
Missouri
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Am I telling you what you want to hear?

the truth hurts.. when we teach the truth, many will be hurt by it.
it all depends on whose truth. all you posted is what you think a church should be like. i gave you scriptures of what the church is and how it functions a it take a pastor and a congregation to grow together . it does not matter if he comes from with in our outside. a pastor is only as good as a congregation will let him be. and a congregation is only as good as the pastor wants them to be. its a 50/50 relationship

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Every believer has the opportunity to hold out for what Jesus is building. We can be joined with others (where 2 or 3 are gathered) in a way that reaches out to God...waiting for Him and His direction, inspiration and power. What we see on the day of Pentecost...a revival...is what each of us can gather with others for.