OSAS But Be Ready Or Else

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Christ4Me

Jan 6, 2022
Pennsylvania / Hermitage
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Strange. How there is a faction opposed to the Gospel isn't it?

They dress the part so to be received by the church. Yet, once inside they insist their anti-gospel is truth.
No such thing as the Elect of God, predestined for salvation. (You must ignore all of Jesus' teachings to accept that of course)

No such thing as eternal salvation. (You have to again ignore all of Jesus' teachings to accept that. And then be led to believe Jesus died to maybe save your soul).

Please be advised. If you ignore the false teachers described above and follow Jesus Gospel you have a new name other than Christian. "Heretic"

*Waves hands in the air happily as a proud Heretic.*

Because it is far better than their destiny as damned fools.

Didn't Paul taught the church to excommunicate an unrepentant brother that was having his father's wife in 1 Corinthians 5:1-13 ?

Why was Jesus warning believers to be ready or else? Luke 12:40-49 John 15:1-8 Revelation 2:18-25

Because those not found abiding in Him, will be excommunicated from the Marriage Supper in Heaven when He comes as the Bridegroom. Matthew 25:1-13

May every believer pray to Jesus for help in getting them ready to go for no one can be in iniquity when by that iniquity that denies Him, He will deny them Titus 1:16 & 2 Timothy 2:12 but even if we believe not any more, He is faithful for He still abides; 2 Timothy 2:13 for why those left behind are still saved, but there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth for why now is the time to go to Jesus for help to be ready & willing to go or else. .

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You tell me. It is written in scripture. The only problem here is how you apply it in according to your belief, which you can't. So either your belief is wrong by how you are applying the other scripture to mean, or you are still waiting for an answer from the Lord on it.

The only “problem” is yours, not mine.
I have no cause to prove my belief to you.
YOU, trying to “MAKE” a problem for me...with your words...has ZERO effect on me. I am not subject to your ‘either or wonderments or conclusions’.

either your belief is wrong by how you are applying the other scripture to mean, or you are still waiting for an answer from the Lord on it.

My cause was establishing a relationship BETWEEN MYSELF and GOD...and GOD and MYSELF.
Which according TO HIS Order and Way, I did....and have said so.

Explain the existence of this scripture in the N.T. below.

Hebrews 4:12 For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart. 13 Neither is there any creature that is not manifest in his sight: but all things are naked and opened unto the eyes of him with whom we have to do. 14 Seeing then that we have a great high priest, that is passed into the heavens, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold fast our profession. 15 For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin. 16 Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need.

Self explanatory...
God IS a discerner. Not news. Omniscient - knowing
God IS sees.. Not news. Omnipresent - everywhere
Jesus IS HIGH priest...Not news. -Omnipotent - powerful

Omni- mean...”ALL”.

Difference between ADVOCATE, and one whose has gone THROUGH the ADVOCATE....IS THEN, the one who has gone THROUGH...and HAS a High Priest....
*** a marvelous blessing...handy and convenient for me....***
(No special clothing, No traveling, No particular time, No locked doors, etc.)
I have a High Priest with me 24-7.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You can ask them to pray with you to Jesus for help in seeing the truth in His words to see their need for Him for forgiveness & to lead them to repentance.

Sure. That reveals a “DESIRING” person.
The “invitation” from the Lord God, IS...24-7.
The “invitation” from Churches, you can read the times on the marquee.;)

Stumpmaster

Apr 5, 2009
Hamilton, New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Luk 13:27 But He will say, 'I tell you I do not know you, where you are from. Depart from Me, all you workers of iniquity.'

I can still apply that verse above to what I am saying below because even though they may be denied by Him for being workers of iniquity, He still abides in them that get left behind for not being ready.

2 Timothy 2:12 If we suffer, we shall also reign with him: if we deny him, he also will deny us: 13 If we believe not, yet he abideth faithful: he cannot deny himself.
It would be contradictory of Jesus to call people workers of iniquity, say I do not know you, and depart from me, and then still abide in them as you erroneously suggest.

Jesus does abide faithful, but not in workers of iniquity. Only a corrupt doctrine of demons teaches that He continues to abide in reprobates.

He abides faithful in saving, reconciling, sanctifying, and filling with hope, but those who turn away from Him also turn away from these.

Heb 6:4-6 For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted the heavenly gift, and have become partakers of the Holy Spirit, (5) and have tasted the good word of God and the powers of the age to come, (6) if they fall away, to renew them again to repentance, since they crucify again for themselves the Son of God, and put Him to an open shame.

Christ4Me

Jan 6, 2022
Pennsylvania / Hermitage
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It would be contradictory of Jesus to call people workers of iniquity, say I do not know you, and depart from me, and then still abide in them as you erroneously suggest.

When a "brother" was known to be committing fornication, even by having his father's wife, he was still called a brother even though he was to be excommunicated from the assembly. 1 Corinthians 5:1-13 did not have Paul outing him as a fake believer or anything of the sort.

Paul testified to a falling away from the faith in 1 Timothy 4:1-2 Paul said it will happen in droves in the latter days before we are gathered unto Him in 2 Thessalonians 2:1-3 Paul hen said that this iniquity that will cause the falling away from the faith was even happening in his day in 2 Thessalonians 2:7 Verse 7 can be applied to new age methodology of blanking out one mind to receive spirits or to achieve a state that would unwittingly permit spirits to break thru. 2 Thessalonians 2:9-12 has Paul explaining the effects of this falling away from the faith when believers believe the lie that they can receive the holy Spirit again apart from salvation after a sign. That is the lie because 2 Thessalonians 2:13-15 is the reproof where the tradition taught of us is that we had received the sanctification of the Spirit & he belief of the truth at the calling of the gospel, thus testifying that there is no other receiving of the Holy Ghost.

Paul goes on to the next chapter addressing those that have fallen away from the faith as unreasonable wicked men that have not faith, that do not hold to the traditions taught of us and are disorderly in how with the Lord touching us to obey His command to withdraw from them. 2 Thessalonians 3:1-7 and yet not to treat them as the enemy, but to admonish them as brothers still because they are 2 Thessalonians 3:14-15

Jesus taught excommunication also when a brother has gone astray & is unrepentant. Matthew 18:15-17 But do note how Jesus addressed these that have gone astray as the "little ones" before addressing what a believer & a church is to do.

Matthew 18:10 Take heed that ye despise not one of these little ones; for I say unto you, That in heaven their angels do always behold the face of my Father which is in heaven. 11 For the Son of man is come to save that which was lost. 12 How think ye? if a man have an hundred sheep, and one of them be gone astray, doth he not leave the ninety and nine, and goeth into the mountains, and seeketh that which is gone astray? 13 And if so be that he find it, verily I say unto you, he rejoiceth more of that sheep, than of the ninety and nine which went not astray. 14 Even so it is not the will of your Father which is in heaven, that one of these little ones should perish. 15 Moreover if thy brother shall trespass against thee,......

So a lost sheep can still be his even after excommunicated from the church and if still unrepented when the Bridegroom comes, excommunicated by the Lord at he rapture event, but again, He will get that lost sheep that was left behind.

Jesus does abide faithful, but not in workers of iniquity. Only a corrupt doctrine of demons teaches that He continues to abide in reprobates.

The prodigal son lost his inheritance to wild living, but he is still found to be son albeit he suffered that loss.

He abides faithful in saving, reconciling, sanctifying, and filling with hope, but those who turn away from Him also turn away from these.

Heb 6:4-6 For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted the heavenly gift, and have become partakers of the Holy Spirit, (5) and have tasted the good word of God and the powers of the age to come, (6) if they fall away, to renew them again to repentance, since they crucify again for themselves the Son of God, and put Him to an open shame.

I take Hebrews 6:4-6 to mean that believers that go astray and repent, do not have to go through all that in Hebrews 6:1-3 again because it is not necessary. To believe it, is to insult God as if crucifying Him all over again. That is why it is impossible because that sanctification is forever. Hebrews 6:7-8 testify that life has been received as in the rain but what we sow & grow from that rain will be judged, but that rain as in that sanctification has been received and cannot go away. Compare that with 1 Corinthians 3:10-17 of what we build on that foundation will be judged but if they defiled the temple of God and their physical body is destroyed by God; hence physical death, the spirit is saved, because that foundation remains as does that seal of adoption unto that day of redemption Ephesians 4:30 for why we are not to grieve the Holy Spirit because He is not going anywhere.

So when believers that have gone astray, be it by a lie that overthrew their belief in Him like the evolution theory or the lie that they can receive the holy Spirit again and actually chase after seducing spirits to receive after a sign, or lie that they can finish by the flesh what was begun in the Spirit by making a commitment or promise to follow Christ, or even the lie that they can live in sin, ignoring God's warning about reaping corruption; they all need to be told to depart from iniquity by the reproof from scripture. They already know the gospel, so it is the lie that needs to be reproved by the scripture so they can see their need for Jesus to forgive them ( 1 John 1:9 ) & to hope in Him ( 1 John 3:3 ) deliver them from the works of the devil in their lives. 1 John 3:8 & 2 Timothy 4:18 & Jude 1:24-25 & 2 Timothy 2:24-26

Stumpmaster

Apr 5, 2009
Hamilton, New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand

When a "brother" was known to be committing fornication, even by having his father's wife, he was still called a brother even though he was to be excommunicated from the assembly. 1 Corinthians 5:1-13 did not have Paul outing him as a fake believer or anything of the sort.

Paul testified to a falling away from the faith in 1 Timothy 4:1-2 Paul said it will happen in droves in the latter days before we are gathered unto Him in 2 Thessalonians 2:1-3 Paul hen said that this iniquity that will cause the falling away from the faith was even happening in his day in 2 Thessalonians 2:7 Verse 7 can be applied to new age methodology of blanking out one mind to receive spirits or to achieve a state that would unwittingly permit spirits to break thru. 2 Thessalonians 2:9-12 has Paul explaining the effects of this falling away from the faith when believers believe the lie that they can receive the holy Spirit again apart from salvation after a sign. That is the lie because 2 Thessalonians 2:13-15 is the reproof where the tradition taught of us is that we had received the sanctification of the Spirit & he belief of the truth at the calling of the gospel, thus testifying that there is no other receiving of the Holy Ghost.

Paul goes on to the next chapter addressing those that have fallen away from the faith as unreasonable wicked men that have not faith, that do not hold to the traditions taught of us and are disorderly in how with the Lord touching us to obey His command to withdraw from them. 2 Thessalonians 3:1-7 and yet not to treat them as the enemy, but to admonish them as brothers still because they are 2 Thessalonians 3:14-15

Jesus taught excommunication also when a brother has gone astray & is unrepentant. Matthew 18:15-17 But do note how Jesus addressed these that have gone astray as the "little ones" before addressing what a believer & a church is to do.

Matthew 18:10 Take heed that ye despise not one of these little ones; for I say unto you, That in heaven their angels do always behold the face of my Father which is in heaven. 11 For the Son of man is come to save that which was lost. 12 How think ye? if a man have an hundred sheep, and one of them be gone astray, doth he not leave the ninety and nine, and goeth into the mountains, and seeketh that which is gone astray? 13 And if so be that he find it, verily I say unto you, he rejoiceth more of that sheep, than of the ninety and nine which went not astray. 14 Even so it is not the will of your Father which is in heaven, that one of these little ones should perish. 15 Moreover if thy brother shall trespass against thee,......

So a lost sheep can still be his even after excommunicated from the church and if still unrepented when the Bridegroom comes, excommunicated by the Lord at he rapture event, but again, He will get that lost sheep that was left behind.

The prodigal son lost his inheritance to wild living, but he is still found to be son albeit he suffered that loss.

I take Hebrews 6:4-6 to mean that believers that go astray and repent, do not have to go through all that in Hebrews 6:1-3 again because it is not necessary. To believe it, is to insult God as if crucifying Him all over again. That is why it is impossible because that sanctification is forever. Hebrews 6:7-8 testify that life has been received as in the rain but what we sow & grow from that rain will be judged, but that rain as in that sanctification has been received and cannot go away. Compare that with 1 Corinthians 3:10-17 of what we build on that foundation will be judged but if they defiled the temple of God and their physical body is destroyed by God; hence physical death, the spirit is saved, because that foundation remains as does that seal of adoption unto that day of redemption Ephesians 4:30 for why we are not to grieve the Holy Spirit because He is not going anywhere.

So when believers that have gone astray, be it by a lie that overthrew their belief in Him like the evolution theory or the lie that they can receive the holy Spirit again and actually chase after seducing spirits to receive after a sign, or lie that they can finish by the flesh what was begun in the Spirit by making a commitment or promise to follow Christ, or even the lie that they can live in sin, ignoring God's warning about reaping corruption; they all need to be told to depart from iniquity by the reproof from scripture. They already know the gospel, so it is the lie that needs to be reproved by the scripture so they can see their need for Jesus to forgive them ( 1 John 1:9 ) & to hope in Him ( 1 John 3:3 ) deliver them from the works of the devil in their lives. 1 John 3:8 & 2 Timothy 4:18 & Jude 1:24-25 & 2 Timothy 2:24-26
I've never believed the hypercalvinist lie that someone who was once a faithful Christian but recants their faith and refuses to be restored to it, is still saved.

Col 1:21-23 And you, who once were alienated and enemies in your mind by wicked works, yet now He has reconciled (22) in the body of His flesh through death, to present you holy, and blameless, and above reproach in His sight— (23) if indeed you continue in the faith, grounded and steadfast, and are not moved away from the hope of the gospel which you heard, which was preached to every creature under heaven, of which I, Paul, became a minister.

Reactions: GEN2REV

Christ4Me

Jan 6, 2022
Pennsylvania / Hermitage
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I've never believed the hypercalvinist lie that someone who was once a faithful Christian but recants their faith and refuses to be restored to it, is still saved.

Col 1:21-23 And you, who once were alienated and enemies in your mind by wicked works, yet now He has reconciled (22) in the body of His flesh through death, to present you holy, and blameless, and above reproach in His sight— (23) if indeed you continue in the faith, grounded and steadfast, and are not moved away from the hope of the gospel which you heard, which was preached to every creature under heaven, of which I, Paul, became a minister.

Explain scripture below then in verse 13 in context of this faithful saying.

2 Timothy 2:11 It is a faithful saying: For if we be dead with him, we shall also live with him: 12 If we suffer, we shall also reign with him: if we deny him, he also will deny us: 13 If we believe not, yet he abideth faithful: he cannot deny himself.

GEN2REV

May 12, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Explain scripture below then in verse 13 in context of this faithful saying. 2 Timothy 2:11 It is a faithful saying: For if we be dead with him, we shall also live with him: 12 If we suffer, we shall also reign with him: if we deny him, he also will deny us: 13 If we believe not, yet he abideth faithful: he cannot deny himself.
It states right there in your own verse that He will deny us if we deny Him.

The portion you emboldened has no bearing whatsoever on OSAS. Who will ever go to heaven without so much as believing?

Christ4Me

Jan 6, 2022
Pennsylvania / Hermitage
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It states right there in your own verse that He will deny us if we deny Him.

The portion you emboldened has no bearing whatsoever on OSAS. Who will ever go to heaven without so much as believing?

But verse 13 is why after being denied by Him in verse 12, they are still saved because He is faithful for He still abides.

13 If we believe not, yet he abideth faithful: he cannot deny himself.

Now I have acknowledged verse 12, you have yet to align verse 13 with verse 12 for assuming a conclusion that verse 13 opposes.

Read about the rapture in the Olivet Discourse and how the parable of the ten virgins are the kingdom of Heaven even though five missed out on the wedding reception with the Bridegroom. The Rapture Is in Olivet Discourse

Thank you for sharing, BTW.

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But verse 13 is why after being denied by Him in verse 12, they are still saved because He is faithful for He still abides.

13 If we believe not, yet he abideth faithful: he cannot deny himself.

Now I have acknowledged verse 12, you have yet to align verse 13 with verse 12 for assuming a conclusion that verse 13 opposes.

Read about the rapture in the Olivet Discourse and how the parable of the ten virgins are the kingdom of Heaven even though five missed out on the wedding reception with the Bridegroom. The Rapture Is in Olivet Discourse

Thank you for sharing, BTW.

Have you looked into what the outer darkness is? It never says it is cast into the lake of fire in the end. I believe it’s where the vessels of dishonor go. The place is mentioned three times in Mathew. It seems to me that it is believers who go there, not unbelievers.
I’m hoping it’s a purgatorial type place, as in the parable of the man who had his debt forgiven but then refused to forgive the debt of another, so he was thrown into a prison from which he was told he would not come out until he paid the last farthing.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

well these people who reject Christ were never of us, if they were of us, they never would have departed. but they departed to prove they were never of us.

God does nt make mistakes. He knows who has true saving faith and who does not.

and no one who had true saving faith would all of a sudden go 180 degrees, and claim his repentance was fake and he does not believe it, Unless they never truely believed it to begin with.

Paul is warning people to make sut the hope they claim to have faith in is real. far to many people come to his church and our churches with pseuda faith which is not faith at all. These people will end up leaving, because there is no power in them, the spirit is not in them, and there is no testimony in them

Thats WHY they leave

Christ4Me

Jan 6, 2022
Pennsylvania / Hermitage
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Have you looked into what the outer darkness is? It never says it is cast into the lake of fire in the end. I believe it’s where the vessels of dishonor go. The place is mentioned three times in Mathew. It seems to me that it is believers who go there, not unbelievers.

Considering the difference between the kingdom of light and the world, those cast out would be into outer darkness.

I’m hoping it’s a purgatorial type place, as in the parable of the man who had his debt forgiven but then refused to forgive the debt of another, so he was thrown into a prison from which he was told he would not come out until he paid the last farthing.

In a way, when a believer refuses to forgive another believer, he is not welcomed to the Marriage Supper because there will be no grudges there when He brought us all there by His righteousness & His faithfulness. So to hold a grudge at the Supper Table with someone there is not happening. That is why that person will not be there but be outside that reception and thus paying for not being ready to go there.

So I can see why Jesus warned believers after teaching His disciples how to pray.

Matthew 6:9 After this manner therefore pray ye: Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name. 10 Thy kingdom come, Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven. 11 Give us this day our daily bread. 12 And forgive us our debts, as we forgive our debtors. 13 And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil: For thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, for ever. Amen. 14 For if ye forgive men their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you: 15 But if ye forgive not men their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses.

That is why we are to forgive others as Christ has forgiven us. And we need His help to forgive them anyway when they are not asking for forgiveness because Jesus had set the example for us on the cross in suffering grief wrongfully in following Him in forgiving others for they know not what they do.

Luke 23:33 And when they were come to the place, which is called Calvary, there they crucified him, and the malefactors, one on the right hand, and the other on the left. 34 Then said Jesus, Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do. And they parted his raiment, and cast lots. 35 And the people stood beholding. And the rulers also with them derided him, saying, He saved others; let him save himself, if he be Christ, the chosen of God.

1 Peter 2:19 For this is thankworthy, if a man for conscience toward God endure grief, suffering wrongfully. 20 For what glory is it, if, when ye be buffeted for your faults, ye shall take it patiently? but if, when ye do well, and suffer for it, ye take it patiently, this is acceptable with God. 21 For even hereunto were ye called: because Christ also suffered for us, leaving us an example, that ye should follow his steps: 22 Who did no sin, neither was guile found in his mouth: 23 Who, when he was reviled, reviled not again; when he suffered, he threatened not; but committed himself to him that judgeth righteously: 24 Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed. 25 For ye were as sheep going astray; but are now returned unto the Shepherd and Bishop of your souls.

Ephesians 4:30 And grieve not the holy Spirit of God, whereby ye are sealed unto the day of redemption. 31 Let all bitterness, and wrath, and anger, and clamour, and evil speaking, be put away from you, with all malice: 32 And be ye kind one to another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ's sake hath forgiven you.

By being left behind, eventually they will forgive others because then they will realize what Christ has done to forgive them and the ones they had grudges against to not do that again.

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Considering the difference between the kingdom of light and the world, those cast out would be into outer darkness.

In a way, when a believer refuses to forgive another believer, he is not welcomed to the Marriage Supper because there will be no grudges there when He brought us all there by His righteousness & His faithfulness. So to hold a grudge at the Supper Table with someone there is not happening. That is why that person will not be there but be outside that reception and thus paying for not being ready to go there.

So I can see why Jesus warned believers after teaching His disciples how to pray.

Matthew 6:9 After this manner therefore pray ye: Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name. 10 Thy kingdom come, Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven. 11 Give us this day our daily bread. 12 And forgive us our debts, as we forgive our debtors. 13 And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil: For thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, for ever. Amen. 14 For if ye forgive men their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you: 15 But if ye forgive not men their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses.

That is why we are to forgive others as Christ has forgiven us. And we need His help to forgive them anyway when they are not asking for forgiveness because Jesus had set the example for us on the cross in suffering grief wrongfully in following Him in forgiving others for they know not what they do.

Luke 23:33 And when they were come to the place, which is called Calvary, there they crucified him, and the malefactors, one on the right hand, and the other on the left. 34 Then said Jesus, Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do. And they parted his raiment, and cast lots. 35 And the people stood beholding. And the rulers also with them derided him, saying, He saved others; let him save himself, if he be Christ, the chosen of God.

1 Peter 2:19 For this is thankworthy, if a man for conscience toward God endure grief, suffering wrongfully. 20 For what glory is it, if, when ye be buffeted for your faults, ye shall take it patiently? but if, when ye do well, and suffer for it, ye take it patiently, this is acceptable with God. 21 For even hereunto were ye called: because Christ also suffered for us, leaving us an example, that ye should follow his steps: 22 Who did no sin, neither was guile found in his mouth: 23 Who, when he was reviled, reviled not again; when he suffered, he threatened not; but committed himself to him that judgeth righteously: 24 Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed. 25 For ye were as sheep going astray; but are now returned unto the Shepherd and Bishop of your souls.

Ephesians 4:30 And grieve not the holy Spirit of God, whereby ye are sealed unto the day of redemption. 31 Let all bitterness, and wrath, and anger, and clamour, and evil speaking, be put away from you, with all malice: 32 And be ye kind one to another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ's sake hath forgiven you.

By being left behind, eventually they will forgive others because then they will realize what Christ has done to forgive them and the ones they had grudges against to not do that again.

That’s what I’m hoping. I have found that parable and it gave me that hope.

Reactions: Nancy and Christ4Me

Oceanprayers

Jan 5, 2022
Panama City
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

Now, what did Jesus say first? One example. Luke 20:36.

Not Calvinist but Jesus.

Christ4Me

Jan 6, 2022
Pennsylvania / Hermitage
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
well these people who reject Christ were never of us, if they were of us, they never would have departed. but they departed to prove they were never of us.

That is about those who are of the fold that follow His voice and not the stranger's voice.

God does nt make mistakes. He knows who has true saving faith and who does not.

and no one who had true saving faith would all of a sudden go 180 degrees, and claim his repentance was fake and he does not believe it, Unless they never truely believed it to begin with.

Paul is warning people to make sut the hope they claim to have faith in is real. far to many people come to his church and our churches with pseuda faith which is not faith at all. These people will end up leaving, because there is no power in them, the spirit is not in them, and there is no testimony in them

Thats WHY they leave

They left because they did not hold to the traditions taught of us ( 2 Thessalonians 2:13-15 ) and are disorderly ( 2 Thessalonians 3:1-7 ) like falling down in worship in pursuit of signs & lying wonders ( Matthew 7:21-27 ), out of lack of self control which temperance is a fruit of the Spirit and yet God is not the author of confusion ( 1 Corinthians 14:32-33 ). Those who seek another baptism with the holy Ghost with evidence of tongues do fall backwards in the pursuit of tongues which never come with interpretation and just assumed for private use. 1 Timothy 4:1-2 & Isaiah 8:19

But know that even though we are commanded to with draw from them, we do so to not treat them as the enemy, but admonish them as brothers still ( 2 Thessalonians 3:14-15 ) because they ae still His and thus still saved but at risk of being denied by Him when the Bridegroom comes for being workers of iniquity.

John 10:1-5 has those who climb up another way by addressing the "holy Spirit" to come and fall on them even though He has been in them since salvation, just to get tongues for private use that never comes with interpretation but is gibberish nonsense, that's following a stranger's voice.

John 10:1Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that entereth not by the door into the sheepfold, but climbeth up some other way, the same is a thief and a robber. 2 But he that entereth in by the door is the shepherd of the sheep. 3 To him the porter openeth; and the sheep hear his voice: and he calleth his own sheep by name, and leadeth them out. 4 And when he putteth forth his own sheep, he goeth before them, and the sheep follow him: for they know his voice. 5 And a stranger will they not follow, but will flee from him: for they know not the voice of strangers.

And yet Jesus refers to the other sheep that He has which was not of the fold that followed His voice; hence the ones that went astray following the stranger's voice; those He must bring because they are still His, for why they will be made to hear His voice literally as the King of kings on earth and they shall be of the one fold & one shepherd.

John 10:14 I am the good shepherd, and know my sheep, and am known of mine. 15 As the Father knoweth me, even so know I the Father: and I lay down my life for the sheep. 16 And other sheep I have, which are not of this fold: them also I must bring, and they shall hear my voice; and there shall be one fold, and one shepherd.

If still not convinced, then see the effect of the rapture on believers not abiding in Him to be ready to go for when the Bridegroom comes.

The Rapture Is in Olivet Discourse

Christ4Me

Jan 6, 2022
Pennsylvania / Hermitage
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That’s what I’m hoping. I have found that parable and it gave me that hope.

As long as that hope is in Jesus Christ and not divide it with anything else that you might be misled to put also your hope in, you can hope in Him to do His work in you in finishing that race in helping you lay aside every weight & sin daily in bringing you Home to His glory.

1 John 3:3 And every man that hath this hope in him purifieth himself, even as he is pure.... 8 He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil.

Hebrews 12:1Wherefore seeing we also are compassed about with so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so easily beset us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us, 2 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

2 Timothy 4:18 And the Lord shall deliver me from every evil work, and will preserve me unto his heavenly kingdom: to whom be glory for ever and ever. Amen.

Jude 1:24 Now unto him that is able to keep you from falling, and to present you faultless before the presence of his glory with exceeding joy, 25 To the only wise God our Saviour, be glory and majesty, dominion and power, both now and ever. Amen.

In my trials when I criticize myself for not being a good friend to Jesus in the past and even in the present, Jesus helps lift my sight to Him for where my hope is in as He is my Friend that helps me to follow Him by the same grace of God I am saved by. I can rest in Him to bring me Home.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
That is about those who are of the fold that follow His voice and not the stranger's voice.

They left because they did not hold to the traditions taught of us ( 2 Thessalonians 2:13-15 ) and are disorderly ( 2 Thessalonians 3:1-7 ) like falling down in worship in pursuit of signs & lying wonders ( Matthew 7:21-27 ), out of lack of self control which temperance is a fruit of the Spirit and yet God is not the author of confusion ( 1 Corinthians 14:32-33 ). Those who seek another baptism with the holy Ghost with evidence of tongues do fall backwards in the pursuit of tongues which never come with interpretation and just assumed for private use. 1 Timothy 4:1-2 & Isaiah 8:19

But know that even though we are commanded to with draw from them, we do so to not treat them as the enemy, but admonish them as brothers still ( 2 Thessalonians 3:14-15 ) because they ae still His and thus still saved but at risk of being denied by Him when the Bridegroom comes for being workers of iniquity.

John 10:1-5 has those who climb up another way by addressing the "holy Spirit" to come and fall on them even though He has been in them since salvation, just to get tongues for private use that never comes with interpretation but is gibberish nonsense, that's following a stranger's voice.

John 10:1Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that entereth not by the door into the sheepfold, but climbeth up some other way, the same is a thief and a robber. 2 But he that entereth in by the door is the shepherd of the sheep. 3 To him the porter openeth; and the sheep hear his voice: and he calleth his own sheep by name, and leadeth them out. 4 And when he putteth forth his own sheep, he goeth before them, and the sheep follow him: for they know his voice. 5 And a stranger will they not follow, but will flee from him: for they know not the voice of strangers.

And yet Jesus refers to the other sheep that He has which was not of the fold that followed His voice; hence the ones that went astray following the stranger's voice; those He must bring because they are still His, for why they will be made to hear His voice literally as the King of kings on earth and they shall be of the one fold & one shepherd.

John 10:14 I am the good shepherd, and know my sheep, and am known of mine. 15 As the Father knoweth me, even so know I the Father: and I lay down my life for the sheep. 16 And other sheep I have, which are not of this fold: them also I must bring, and they shall hear my voice; and there shall be one fold, and one shepherd.

If still not convinced, then see the effect of the rapture on believers not abiding in Him to be ready to go for when the Bridegroom comes.

The Rapture Is in Olivet Discourse
I agree with much of what you say, but I don't see a partial rapture.

Reactions: Christ4Me

Christ4Me

Jan 6, 2022
Pennsylvania / Hermitage
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Now, what did Jesus say first? One example. Luke 20:36.

Not Calvinist but Jesus.

Luke 20:36 is referring to the firstfruits of the resurrection as that is the eternal glory that comes with our salvation ( 2 Timothy 2:10 ) to be that vessel unto honor in His House, vessels of gold & silver, for departing from iniquity ( 2 timothy 2:20-21 ) with His help daily; Hebrews 12:1-2

But there will be vessels unto dishonor in His House, vessels of wood & earth, that did not depart from iniquity that are carnal believers and former believers for why they are still to be called to depart from iniquity ( 2 Timothy 2:18-21 ) before the Bridegroom comes or else; for why any iniquity that denies Him ( Titis 1:16 ), they will be denied, ( 2 Timothy 2:12 ) but even if we believe not any more, He is faithful for He abides 2 Timothy 2:13

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Ask Jesus Christ if you are missing anything in His words for why He is warning believers to be ready or else. Can't hurt.
A partial rapture would seem to make works the basis for salvation, rather than complete reliance in faith on the work of Christ at the Cross.

A partial rapture is not generally held by most Bible-believing Christians.

Some of the passages in the Gospels which speak of future events have as a background the situation of the tribulation saints, rather than of the church before the rapture.