OSAS Deniers can “ Sin and Get Away With It Too! Here’s How!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Self-examination allows us to figure out if we are deceived . . . or not.

Well, self examination is recommended by Paul to see wether you were in the faith or not (2 Corinthians 13:5).

Self examination is not how to discern what is false.

Psalm 119:104 KJV
Through thy precepts I get understanding: therefore I hate every false way.

Psalm 119:128 KJV
Therefore I esteem all thy precepts concerning all things to be right; and I hate every false way.

2 Timothy 3:16-17 KJV
All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.

Reactions: marks and ReChoired

2nd Timothy Group

Nov 8, 2020
Cashmere
www.youtube.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Good OP and Jesus changes us from the inside out with the new heart, desires,mind,will, motives etc.......

Its the opposite of legalism/fear as we are motivated by His Love and a desire to please Him.

Not only are we motivated, but we are Willed by God to be a certain way, just as was Abraham when he was told . . .

Genesis 17:1 CSB - "When Abram was ninety-nine years old, the LORD appeared to him, saying, "I am God Almighty. Live in my presence and be blameless."

That wasn't God asking, but God was determining His Holy Mind-Control over those He chooses.

Romans 8:9 CSB - "You, however, are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if indeed the Spirit of God lives in you. If anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, he does not belong to him."

Most "Christians" ignore Romans 8:9 because if they didn't, they would realize that their consistent disobedience means that they still possess the Sinful Nature, the Mind of the Devil. I would know . . . as I have lived this life of disobedience for the first 48=+ years of my life, and now feel the difference, having been Transformed out of my own plan and power. God is controlling me . . . and if you knew what has been happening to me, it is clear to see that I cannot choose my own ways, no more than the Apostle Paul could have controlled the events on the Damascus Road. When Christ Chose Paul, his path had been determined for him. And thank God for that! And so am I grateful to be under the Holy Mind-Control of our Powerful God!! If God did not Control me, I would still be dead in my sins.

Colossians 2:13 NLT - "You were dead because of your sins and because your sinful nature was not yet cut away. Then God made you alive with Christ, for he forgave all our sins."

What happened to me is EXACTLY what I read about throughout the entire Bible. The Bible tells the story of my life . . . what happens to the Lord's Children.

2nd Timothy Group

Nov 8, 2020
Cashmere
www.youtube.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, show me scripture then.

Show me the scripture that says self examination is a way to discern truth.

I welcome being sharpened by a fellow brother if he brings scripture before me (Proverbs 27:17).

1 Thessalonians 5:19-21 NLT - "Do not stifle the Holy Spirit. 20 Do not scoff at prophecies, 21 but test everything that is said. Hold on to what is good."

Have a good day.

Reactions: mailmandan

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not only are we motivated, but we are Willed by God to be a certain way, just as was Abraham when he was told . . .

Genesis 17:1 CSB - "When Abram was ninety-nine years old, the LORD appeared to him, saying, "I am God Almighty. Live in my presence and be blameless."

That wasn't God asking, but God was determining His Holy Mind-Control over those He chooses.

So we have no free will? God forces us into his will? Though God certainty can cause men to do things to accomplish his will, I think it’s wrong to go so far as to suggest God forces our moral behavior as well.

There are plenty of scriptures that exhort to obedience. These many scriptures would not make sense if we had no control in that regard.

2nd Timothy Group

Nov 8, 2020
Cashmere
www.youtube.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So we have no free will? God forces us into his will? Though God certainty can cause men to do things to accomplish his will, I think it’s wrong to go so far as to suggest God forces our moral behavior as well.

There are plenty of scriptures that exhort to obedience. These many scriptures would not make sense if we had no control in that regard.

Are you not aware of how God exercised his Holy Mind-Control over Pharaoh as Moses demanded that Pharaoh set his people free? Look at that story again, and you'll see God's Dominant Hand all throughout the Old Testament.

Romans 8:9 NLT - "But you are not controlled by your sinful nature. You are controlled by the Spirit if you have the Spirit of God living in you. (And remember that those who do not have the Spirit of Christ living in them do not belong to him at all.)"

There are only three Natures. The Sin Nature, the Divine Nature and the Human Nature. The Human Nature serves, that's what it does . . . nothing more, nothing less. Therefore, depending upon the two Natures, which ever one a person possesses, they will be under the control of it.

Hey, these aren't my words . . . but the Bibles. I'm just a reporter. Kick the ball . . . not the player.

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1 Thessalonians 5:19-21 NLT - "Do not stifle the Holy Spirit. 20 Do not scoff at prophecies, 21 but test everything that is said. Hold on to what is good."

Have a good day.

Men’s teachings are to be tried by the word. You have not provided proof from scripture to back your claim.

2 Timothy 4:2-4 KJVS
Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all longsuffering and doctrine. For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears; And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables.

2nd Timothy Group

Nov 8, 2020
Cashmere
www.youtube.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Men’s teachings are to be tried by the word. You have not provided proof from scripture to back your claim.

2 Timothy 4:2-4 KJVS
Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all longsuffering and doctrine. For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears; And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables.

Okie doke.

2 Corinthians 13:5 NLT - "Examine yourselves to see if your faith is genuine. Test yourselves. Surely you know that Jesus Christ is among you; if not, you have failed the test of genuine faith."

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Romans 8:9 NLT - "But you are not controlled by your sinful nature. You are controlled by the Spirit if you have the Spirit of God living in you. (And remember that those who do not have the Spirit of Christ living in them do not belong to him at all.)"

That’s a strange translation.

This rendering agrees with many literal versions:

Romans 8:9 KJVS
[9] But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.

You are okay believing in a God who controls minds?

Why then does Paul tell us to bring our thoughts into captivity (2 Corinthians 10:5)? If this mind control thing were true?

2nd Timothy Group

Nov 8, 2020
Cashmere
www.youtube.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are okay believing in a God who controls minds?

I'm thankful for it! I couldn't have been Transformed unless it weren't for God Enabling me to share in His Divine Nature.

2 Peter 1:4 NET - "Through these things he has bestowed on us his precious and most magnificent promises, so that by means of what was promised you may become partakers of the divine nature, after escaping the worldly corruption that is produced by evil desire."

I'm not interested in arguing anymore. Have a good day.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
See Proverbs 20:27 and 1 John 1:7...
There you will see verses that speak of self-examination

2nd Timothy Group

Nov 8, 2020
Cashmere
www.youtube.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
See Proverbs 20:27 and 1 John 1:7...
There you will see verses that speak of self-examination

Nice. I actually had to re-classify Provers 20:27 in my database to reflect self-examination. I appreciate it!

One of the best that I have found is the following:

1 John 4:1 NLT - "Dear friends, do not believe everyone who claims to speak by the Spirit. You must test them to see if the spirit they have comes from God. For there are many false prophets in the world."

Even though this passage indicates that we are to test the "spirit" that others claim they have, I find it to be wise if we apply this principle to ourselves. Can there be anything wiser than to self-examine to find out if we're True Children of the Lord?

Reactions: justbyfaith

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Nice. I actually had to re-classify Provers 20:27 in my database to reflect self-examination. I appreciate it!

One of the best that I have found is the following:

1 John 4:1 NLT - "Dear friends, do not believe everyone who claims to speak by the Spirit. You must test them to see if the spirit they have comes from God. For there are many false prophets in the world."

Even though this passage indicates that we are to test the "spirit" that others claim they have, I find it to be wise if we apply this principle to ourselves. Can there be anything wiser than to self-examine to find out if we're True Children of the Lord?
I know that I have passed this test with flying colors for quite some time.

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
OSAS believers are extremely judgmental. They can get away with anything and still be saved, but we who don't believe OSAS can't.

2nd Timothy Group

Nov 8, 2020
Cashmere
www.youtube.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
OSAS believers are extremely judgmental. They can get away with anything and still be saved, but we who don't believe OSAS can't.

My faltered belief in Eternal Security actually allowed me to be very non-judgemental, because I thought that any True Believer could do anything and still go to heaven. This meant that I didn't find the need to teach, correct, or rebuke. Because of my false beliefs, I did nothing to help people out of the ditch they were in, for I was in that same ditch and didn't realize it.

Terrible. I was absolutely terrible.

Reactions: kcnalp

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
100%, and it is my entire family that now hates me, just as did the brothers of the one who had been Transformed.

Perhaps your family is composed of “ religionists” as opposed to being Christians..... I'd put money on it and I sure would not lose any sleep over their lack of Forgiveness and Compassion.....they should be rejoicing over the fact that “ you came to your senses”.......go find your True “ Brothers and Sisters.” You will be in good Company— Jesus had to do the same thing...

2nd Timothy Group

Nov 8, 2020
Cashmere
www.youtube.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Perhaps your family is composed of “ religionists” as opposed to being Christians..... I'd put money on it and I sure would not lose any sleep over their lack of Forgiveness and Compassion.....they should be rejoicing over the fact that “ you came to your senses”.......go find your True “ Brothers and Sisters.” You will be in good Company— Jesus had to do the same thing...

Nice! And you've got it pegged correctly. Can you imagine calling yourself a "Christian" when you don't have compassion or forgiveness in your heart? It is amazing that these people (pastors, elders, preachers wives, preachers kids, missionaries) do not have Mercy, Grace, Compassion, and Forgiveness in their hearts? It is amazing that they don't see it. They do not understand how deceived they are, and all the while proclaiming they have the Mind of Christ.

And thank you for your encouragement. It hurts, deeply, but because of this Pain, I have inexpressible Joy within my Heart, for I see the Plan of God in my life exactly as it is described in the Bible. I wouldn't change anything, for being abandoned and rejected is what happens to True Believers . . . the world hates us because we tell the Truth. :)

Reactions: Debp

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Perhaps your family is composed of “ religionists” as opposed to being Christians..... I'd put money on it and I sure would not lose any sleep over their lack of Forgiveness and Compassion.....
You're the one who wishes Donald Trump will burn in Hell? lol