OSAS is the result of the finished work of the cross

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Heb 13:8

Nov 2, 2016
USA
I 100% acknowledge and celebrate Christ's actions on the cross.

But because I believe Christ (being ever loving) gives us the choice to come/stay with Him, I cannot accept OSAS (wherein that choice whether to stay doesn't exisit).

Right, we have the choice to sin and repent daily. Those actions have nothing to do with believing in Rom 10:9. Believing is a one time event, sanctification is the life long process. i don't know of any believer that would want to give up the free gift, it sounds like they never had it to begin with

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Right, we have the choice to sin and repent daily. Those actions have nothing to do with believing in Rom 10:9. Believing is a one time event, sanctification is the life long process. i don't know of any believer that would want to give up the free gift, it sounds like they never had it to begin with
@Heb 13:8 do you believe a person have the CHOICE to stay with Christ? Do they have the option to say "no thank you" and walk out the door?

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I realize that this statement is going to horribly offend you, but to explain my views. Again, I respect that you views are different than mine.
A believer does not have the option to be unsealed from God, so they contienue to love Him
In clinal psychology, that's^ called Stockholm Syndrome.

I don't stay with God because I'm a prisoner that have no choice but to stay and love Him. Rather, I (and every other believe) could choose to walk out that door any minute. No one forces me to love Christ or stay in a relationship with Him. Rather, I choose to love Him of my own free will, and I choose to stay with Him. And choose to continually hug Him back as He hugs me.

Again, I respect that you believe OSAS. I'm not trying to change your mind there. I'm just explain why I personally do not.

Last edited:
Reactions: Harvest 1874

Nov 2, 2016
USA
I realize that this statement is going to horribly offend you, but to explain my views. Again, I respect that you views are different than mine.

In clinal psychology, that's^ called Stockholm Syndrome.

I don't stay with God because I'm a prisoner that have no choice but to stay and love Him. Rather, I (and every other believe) could choose to walk out that door any minute. No one forces me to love Christ or stay in a relationship with Him. Rather, I choose to love Him of my own free will, and I choose to stay with Him. And choose to continually hug Him back as He hugs me.

Again, I respect that you believe OSAS. I'm not trying to change your mind there. I'm just explain why I personally do not.

Jane, no believer in their right mind would want to give up their salvation. Give up eternal life for what, the lake of fire? That's not biblical. We are thankful for the gift. Those who don't understand this never experience His anointing or the indwelling HS

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jane, no believer in their right mind would want to give up their salvation. Give up eternal life for what, the lake of fire? That's not biblical. We are thankful for the gift. Those who don't understand this never experience His anointing or the indwelling HS
You're playing the "no true Scotsman" card. I don't play that card.

And I don't believe that a caged love like OSAS is the greater love. The greater love is given when someone chooses to be there.

Reactions: Harvest 1874

Nov 2, 2016
USA

And I don't believe that a caged love like OSAS is the greater love. The greater love is given when someone chooses to be there.

I don't play that card either. His love is free, not caged. We chose to believe Rom 10:9. You are most free when you're in Christ.

John 8:36 New International Version (NIV)
36 So if the Son sets you free, you will be free indeed.

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't play that card either. His love is free, not caged. We chose to believe Rom 10:9. You are most free when you're in Christ.

John 8:36 New International Version (NIV)
36 So if the Son sets you free, you will be free indeed.
Freedom includes the choice to stay or leave.

Nov 2, 2016
USA

Believers resting in His finished work is being free. Coming to faith is the best decision you will ever make in this lifetime

Matthew 11:28-30 New International Version (NIV)
28 “Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. 29 Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. 30 For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.”

Nov 2, 2016
USA
I do believe 1 Jhn 5:9-14. It doesn't teach OSAS and that idea I soundly reject.

It actually does. Whoever has the son has eternal life. Believers in Christ are the most free people on earth because they are no longer condemned for their sin. That's what forgiveness does

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It actually does. Whoever has the son has eternal life. Believers in Christ are the most free people on earth because they are no longer condemned for their sin. That's what forgiveness does
Present tense beleivers. Those that choose to believe and stay with Christ- those that are free.

Nothing about that choice being removed or Stockholm syndrome. Nothing about "no true Scotsman" of "they weren't really saved" when someone falls away.

Nov 2, 2016
USA
Present tense beleivers. Those that choose to believe and stay with Christ- those that are free.

Nothing about that choice being removed or Stockholm syndrome. Nothing about "no true Scotsman" of "they weren't really saved" when someone falls away.

It's Sock hold sydrome to those who haven't had a taste of His love. One taste is all it takes. Kidnapping is a sin. God is without sin. He is love

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's Sock hold sydrome to those who haven't had a taste of His love. One taste is all it takes. Kidnapping is a sin. God is without sin. He is love
With all due respect Heb, I feel like you're ignoring my points here.

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, youre not calling God a rapist and a kidnapper? what was thea point
I have said no such thing nor do I believe such a thing.

I acknowledge that OSAS is a belief wherein a person's ability to choose to stay with God is removed-- something you yourself acknowledged. I have also said repeated how I do not believe in OSAS because God is NOT a jailer.