OSAS is the result of the finished work of the cross

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God knows who truly believes and who call themselves Christian. If Mike and Dteve received the indwelling Holy Spirit then yes, they are saved. It's impossible for one who has received the indwelling Holy Spirit to become an atheist, it's not bibical. Why believe any testimony on internet, believe God's testimony instead, whoever has the Son has life to those who believe 1 Jhn 5:9-14
But Steve didn't know that he would become an atheist and hence wasn't really saved. He had a great born-again experience, loved the church, loved Christ completely. And he was wrong to think he was saved?

Heb 13:8

Nov 2, 2016
USA
This is an indoctrination mantra....that has no real power in truth. It is a memorized mantra that can only brain-wash the person who repeats it over and over and over again.

Wel it does have power to those that are being saved God bless you the devil hate the cross what it represents

1 Cor 1:18 For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God.

Nov 2, 2016
USA
But Steve didn't know that he would become an atheist and hence wasn't really saved. He had a great born-again experience, loved the church, loved Christ completely. And he was wrong to think he was saved?

You will know them by their fruit, if they work for the free gift you wil know their experience wasn't real read below

Ezek 13

“ ‘Because they lead my people astray, saying, “Peace,” when there is no peace, and because, when a flimsy wall is built, they cover it with whitewash, 11therefore tell those who cover it with whitewash that it is going to fall. Rain will come in torrents, and I will send hailstones hurtling down, and violent winds will burst forth. 12When the wall collapses, will people not ask you, “Where is the whitewash you covered it with?” 13“ ‘Therefore this is what the Sovereign Lord says: In my wrath I will unleash a violent wind, and in my anger hailstones and torrents of rain will fall with destructive fury. 14I will tear down the wall you have covered with whitewash and will level it to the ground so that its foundation will be laid bare. When it b falls, you will be destroyed in it; and you will know that I am the Lord. 15So I will pour out my wrath against the wall and against those who covered it with whitewash. I will say to you, “The wall is gone and so are those who whitewashed it, 16those prophets of Israel who prophesied to Jerusalem and saw visions of peace for her when there was no peace, declares the Sovereign Lord.” ’

Matt 7

15Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves. 16Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles? 17Even so every good tree bringeth forth good fruit; but a corrupt tree bringeth forth evil fruit. 18A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit. 19Every tree that bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire. 20Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them. 21Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven. 22Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? 23And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity. 24Therefore whosoever heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them, I will liken him unto a wise man, which built his house upon a rock: 25And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell not: for it was founded upon a rock. 26And every one that heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them not, shall be likened unto a foolish man, which built his house upon the sand: 27And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell: and great was the fall of it.

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You will know them by their fruit, if they work for the free gift you wil know their experience wasn't real read below
Ok, so Steve can't really know that he's saved until his life finishes with him as a good Christian, correct?
Because if it finishes with him as an atheist he wasn't really saved in the first place.

Nov 2, 2016
USA
Ok, so Steve can't really know that he's saved until his life finishes with him as a good Christian, correct?
Because if it finishes with him as an atheist he wasn't really saved in the first place.

No, we can actually know now that we have eternal life. the Holy Spirit is tangible only to those who believe, no confidence for Jane Doe?

We accept human testimony, but God’s testimony is greater because it is the testimony of God, which he has given about his Son. 10Whoever believes in the Son of God accepts this testimony. Whoever does not believe God has made him out to be a liar, because they have not believed the testimony God has given about his Son. 11And this is the testimony: God has given us eternal life, and this life is in his Son. 12Whoever has the Son has life; whoever does not have the Son of God does not have life.

Concluding Affirmations

13I write these things to you who believe in the name of the Son of God so that you may know that you have eternal life. 14This is the confidence we have in approaching God: that if we ask anything according to his will, he hears us.

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, we can actually know now that we have eternal life. the Holy Spirit is tangible only to those who believe, no confidence for Jane Doe?
Steve believed. Steve felt it.
And yet in your understanding here, Steve wasn't really saved.

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Then his belief wasn't real. Turning to atheism is showing his fruit , he's still working towards heaven
SO, what i"m hearing here is "it doesn't matter if you earnestly believe with your whole being (like Steve did), yo don't get to know until you die whether or not that faith and salvation were real".

Nov 2, 2016
USA
SO, what i"m hearing here is "it doesn't matter if you earnestly believe with your whole being (like Steve did), yo don't get to know until you die whether or not that faith and salvation were real".

Well, that's wut i'm saying steve believed in religion and not in JC, either you're resting in His finished work or not. no, we get to know now. the holy spirit is tangible like i said don't expect you to read or either understand what im saying, and that's ok. at least your searching

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, that's wut i'm saying steve believed in religion and not in JC, either you're resting in His finished work or not. no, we get to know now. the holy spirit is tangible like i said don't expect you to read or either understand what im saying, and that's ok. at least your searching
Steve loved JESUS. He proclaimed Jesus from the very depths of his heart. He stood up on the worship stage and proclaimed this love in song. He found joy in OSAS- and proclaimed "My salvation is finished, Christ finished it on the cross!". Yes, Steve believed in Jesus and tangibly felt the Spirit, so much that it moved him to tears to talk about it.

(FWIW: I'm not making this example up here, I actually know a real life Steve ).

Nov 2, 2016
USA
Steve loved JESUS. He proclaimed Jesus from the very depths of his heart. He stood up on the worship stage and proclaimed this love in song. He found joy in OSAS- and proclaimed "My salvation is finished, Christ finished it on the cross!". Yes, Steve believed in Jesus and tangibly felt the Spirit, so much that it moved him to tears to talk about it.

(FWIW: I'm not making this example up here, I actually know a real life Steve ).

Your friend Steve loved the idea of Jesus as many do

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your friend Steve loved the idea of Jesus as many do
I wrote a response here, highlighting how you attitude here shows OSAS as a rotten fruit in a classic way.

But frankly, I don't think you're going to listen. So I'll skip it.

Have fun on your life.

Nov 2, 2016
USA
I wrote a response here, highlighting how you attitude here shows OSAS as a rotten fruit in a classic way.

But frankly, I don't think you're going to listen. So I'll skip it.

Have fun on your life, Steve 2.0

not rotten fruit but righteous anger Jane my heart breaks for those lost

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Wel it does have power to those that are being saved God bless you the devil hate the cross what it represents

1 Cor 1:18 For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God.

There is the message and there is the power. It is the power that saves...not the message. The message is about the power. The power of the cross gets the natural man out of the way so that the inner man can be clothed with the power to walk as Jesus walked.

But you are just into word formulas...so you will not pay heed to what I just wrote.

Reactions: Reggie Belafonte

Nov 2, 2016
USA
There is the message and there is the power. It is the power that saves...not the message. The message is about the power. The power of the cross gets the natural man out of the way so that the inner man can be clothed with the power to walk as Jesus walked.

But you are just into word formulas...so you will not pay heed to what I just wrote.

no imsorryi don't pay heed to riddles .., the message is simple Epis

Eph 1:13-14 And you also were included in Christ when you heard the message of truth, the gospel of your salvation. When you believed, you were marked in him with a seal, the promised Holy Spirit, 14who is a deposit guaranteeing our inheritance until the redemption of those who are God’s possession—to the praise of his glory.

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Calvin did not originate OSAS, is clearly stated in Romans 8.

Calvin said no one has a choice you are either always predestined for heaven or hell. No one has free will.

Romans 8 says those who choose God are predestined all the way to glorification.
Hi,

If Calvin didn't originate (create the theory) of OSAS then why did it take 1,500 years for Christianity to properly interpret Romans 8 to mean OSAS? There were a lot of great Christians BEFORE Calvin. Why did God wait 1,500 years to reveal this theory to his Church?

Curious Mary

PS....Which passage in Romans 8 do you believe supports OSAS? I can't find it.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
On textualism from "Keys to the Deeper Life" by A. W. Tozer...

"The error of textualism is not doctrinal. It is far more subtle than that and much more difficult to discover, but its effects are just as deadly. Not its theological beliefs are at fault, buts its assumptions.

It assumes, for instance that if we have the word for a thing we have the thing itself. If it is in the Bible, it is in us. If we have the doctrine, we have the experience. If something was true of Paul, it is of necessity true of us because we accept Paul's epistles as divinely inspired. The Bible tells us how to be saved, but textualism goes on to make it tell us that we are saved, something which in the very nature of things it cannot do. Assurance of individual salvation is thus no more than a logical conclusion drawn from doctrinal premises, and the resultant experience wholly mental."

Nov 2, 2016
USA
Hi,

If Calvin didn't originate (create the theory) of OSAS then why did it take 1,500 years for Christianity to properly interpret Romans 8 to mean OSAS? There were a lot of great Christians BEFORE Calvin. Why did God wait 1,500 years to reveal this theory to his Church?

Curious Mary

PS....Which passage in Romans 8 do you believe supports OSAS? I can't find it.

No., Paul wrote Rom 8:33-39, not Calvin silly, you cant find it because believing His word is based on believing His word. God bless u Mary

Nov 2, 2016
USA
Assurance of individual salvation is thus no more than a logical conclusion drawn from doctrinal premises, and the resultant experience wholly mental."

No, salvation is through mind and heart Rom 10:9, the msg is simple, Eph 1:13-14