OSAS is the result of the finished work of the cross

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Not believing that its finished at the cross is the greatest delusion. The carnal mind has to do more to save themselve so they cover themselves up with their works and selfies and fig leaves

Jesus fully realized the full amount of power we need to overcome all things at the cross for us. But we must now walk in that power by faith. The proof that we have the faith of Christ is that we walk in the same life that He did.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
and salvation is a result of what Jesus already accomplished for us on the cross. the sin debt has been paid for, i'll rest in that

Gal 1:3-5 Grace and peace to you from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ, 4who gave himself for our sins to rescue us from the present evil age, according to the will of our God and Father, 5to whom be glory for ever and ever. Amen.

2 Pet 2:8-9 (for that righteous man, living among them day after day, was tormented in his righteous soul by the lawless deeds he saw and heard)— 9if this is so, then the Lord knows how to rescue the godly from trials and to hold the unrighteous for punishment on the day of judgment.

Jude 1:24-25 To him who is able to keep you from stumbling and to present you before his glorious presence without fault and with great joy— 25to the only God our Savior be glory, majesty, power and authority, through Jesus Christ our Lord, before all ages, now and forevermore! Amen.
You didn't answer the question asked.

Heb 13:8

Nov 2, 2016
USA
Again: Heb, when you constantly avoid a basic question like this, it gives the impression you don't have answers of truth. The insults further that impression.

well, .most wont get it wepersecuted for the truth. i'm ok with that God bless

1 Cor 4:9-13 For it seems to me that God has put us apostles on display at the end of the procession, like those condemned to die in the arena. We have been made a spectacle to the whole universe, to angels as well as to human beings. 10We are fools for Christ, but you are so wise in Christ! We are weak, but you are strong! You are honored, we are dishonored! 11To this very hour we go hungry and thirsty, we are in rags, we are brutally treated, we are homeless. 12We work hard with our own hands. When we are cursed, we bless; when we are persecuted, we endure it; 13when we are slandered, we answer kindly. We have become the scum of the earth, the garbage of the world—right up to this moment.

1 Cor 9:19-23 Though I am free and belong to no one, I have made myself a slave to everyone, to win as many as possible. 20To the Jews I became like a Jew, to win the Jews. To those under the law I became like one under the law (though I myself am not under the law), so as to win those under the law. 21To those not having the law I became like one not having the law (though I am not free from God’s law but am under Christ’s law), so as to win those not having the law. 22To the weak I became weak, to win the weak. I have become all things to all people so that by all possible means I might save some. 23I do all this for the sake of the gospel, that I may share in its blessings.

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
well, .most wont get it wepersecuted for the truth. i'm ok with that God bless

1 Cor 4:9-13 For it seems to me that God has put us apostles on display at the end of the procession, like those condemned to die in the arena. We have been made a spectacle to the whole universe, to angels as well as to human beings. 10We are fools for Christ, but you are so wise in Christ! We are weak, but you are strong! You are honored, we are dishonored! 11To this very hour we go hungry and thirsty, we are in rags, we are brutally treated, we are homeless. 12We work hard with our own hands. When we are cursed, we bless; when we are persecuted, we endure it; 13when we are slandered, we answer kindly. We have become the scum of the earth, the garbage of the world—right up to this moment.

1 Cor 9:19-23 Though I am free and belong to no one, I have made myself a slave to everyone, to win as many as possible. 20To the Jews I became like a Jew, to win the Jews. To those under the law I became like one under the law (though I myself am not under the law), so as to win those under the law. 21To those not having the law I became like one not having the law (though I am not free from God’s law but am under Christ’s law), so as to win those not having the law. 22To the weak I became weak, to win the weak. I have become all things to all people so that by all possible means I might save some. 23I do all this for the sake of the gospel, that I may share in its blessings.
Being persecuted doesn't mean a person it correct at all. For example, there are plenty of crazy false ideas that are heavily persecuted perceisly because they are crazy false ideas.

What is much more likely to show correctness is an openness to talking about things and answering questions. That's what the Savior did.

Reactions: Reggie Belafonte

Nov 2, 2016
USA
Jesus fully realized the full amount of power we need to overcome all things at the cross for us. But we must now walk in that power by faith. The proof that we have the faith of Christ is that we walk in the same life that He did.

and that what we do we overcome throu belief in the finished work of the cross

1 Jhn 4:3-4 but every spirit that does not acknowledge Jesus is not from God. This is the spirit of the antichrist, which you have heard is coming and even now is already in the world. 4You, dear children, are from God and have overcome them, because the one who is in you is greater than the one who is in the world.

Nov 2, 2016
USA
Being persecuted doesn't mean a person it correct at all. For example, there are plenty of crazy false ideas that are heavily persecuted perceisly because they are crazy false ideas.

What is much more likely to show correctness is an openness to talking about things and answering questions. That's what the Savior did.

what do u wanna talk about, ur salvation is not a game those not born again are hea

Rev 19 Then I saw the beast and the kings of the earth and their armies gathered together to wage war against the rider on the horse and his army. 20But the beast was captured, and with it the false prophet who had performed the signs on its behalf. With these signs he had deluded those who had received the mark of the beast and worshiped its image. The two of them were thrown alive into the fiery lake of burning sulfur. 21The rest were killed with the sword coming out of the mouth of the rider on the horse, and all the birds gorged themselves on their flesh.

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
what do u wanna talk about, ur salvation is not a game those not born again are hea
Dude (or dudette), according to your own beliefs everyone here is already saved and can't do anything to become un-saved. So salvation isn't an issues.

I was just suggesting that you actually answer the questions being asked of you, to more fully explain your views in this regard.
If you don't want to or can't explain your views and answer the big questions there, that's no skip off my back. I was just offering a help tip.

Nov 2, 2016
USA
and worthless works, no downside there right? Bc you said some magic words Heb?
bc you were very serious in your intentions at the time?

wut is that seed?

1 Cor 3 What, after all, is Apollos? And what is Paul? Only servants, through whom you came to believe—as the Lord has assigned to each his task. 6I planted the seed, Apollos watered it, but God has been making it grow. 7So neither the one who plants nor the one who waters is anything, but only God, who makes things grow. 8The one who plants and the one who waters have one purpose, and they will each be rewarded according to their own labor. 9For we are co-workers in God’s service; you are God’s field, God’s building.

Nov 2, 2016
USA
Dude (or dudette), according to your own beliefs everyone here is already saved and can't do anything to become un-saved. So salvation isn't an issues.

I was just suggesting that you actually answer the questions being asked of you, to more fully explain your views in this regard.
If you don't want to or can't explain your views and answer the big questions there, that's no skip off my back. I was just offering a help tip.

I did answer, non-osas confuses sanctification, discipline and godly sorrow for works to save themselves. only Jesus gives sight to the spiritual blind

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I did answer, non-osas confuses sanctification, discipline and godly sorrow for works to save themselves. only Jesus gives sight to the spiritual blind
The question was:
What happens to a person who once was a professing/active Christian, and has now walked away from the faith and completely works against it?
Is that person saved?

As "yes" or "no" will suffice.

Reactions: Reggie Belafonte

Nov 2, 2016
USA
The question was:
What happens to a person who once was a professing/active Christian, and has now walked away from the faith and completely works against it?
Is that person saved?

As "yes" or "no" will suffice.

It's impossible for a born again believer to walk away from the faith or renounce Jesus. he obtains sanctification, discipline and godly sorrow instead because the Holy Spirit never leaves them Eph 1:13-14

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's impossible for a born again believer to walk away from the faith or renounce Jesus. he obtains sanctification, discipline and godly sorrow instead because the Holy Spirit never leaves them Eph 1:13-14
So essentially you're saying that you believe a person that walks away was never really saved in the first place?

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, the term apostasy only refers to nonbelievers who were never saved to begin with.
Ok, so if a person walks away from the church, they were never really saved in the first place (in your view). No matter how much that person felt convection in their heart.

Am I understanding your correctly?

Nov 2, 2016
USA
Ok, so if a person walks away from the church, they were never really saved in the first place (in your view). No matter how much that person felt convection in their heart.

Am I understanding your correctly?

The church is the body of Christ, so no you can't un bury yourself out of Christ death and body. you ever heard of David Blaine

Rom 6:3-4 Or don’t you know that all of us who were baptized into Christ Jesus were baptized into his death? 4We were therefore buried with him through baptism into death in order that, just as Christ was raised from the dead through the glory of the Father, we too may live a new life.

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The church is the body of Christ, so no you can't un bury yourself out of Christ death and body. you ever heard of David Blaine

Rom 6:3-4 Or don’t you know that all of us who were baptized into Christ Jesus were baptized into his death? 4We were therefore buried with him through baptism into death in order that, just as Christ was raised from the dead through the glory of the Father, we too may live a new life.
That wasn't an answer to my question. Please do make me pull teeth to have you explain your views to me.

Asking again: Ok, so if a person walks away from the church, they were never really saved in the first place (in your view). No matter how much that person felt convection in their heart. Am I understanding your correctly?

Nov 2, 2016
USA
That wasn't an answer to my question. Please do make me pull teeth to have you explain your views to me.

Asking again: Ok, so if a person walks away from the church, they were never really saved in the first place (in your view). No matter how much that person felt convection in their heart. Am I understanding your correctly?

Yes, they were never really saved in the first place, either you're born again or your not

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, they were never really saved in the first place, either you're born again or your not
Ok, thank you for answering.

Mike and Steve are brothers at church- your church even. They spend decades seeing in the church, and declaring the born again status they both so feel from the depths of their souls. At this point: (in your view) are either Mike or Steve saved?

And how about 3 years later, when a tragedy happens in Steve's life an he changes into a prosystlizing atheist? At this point: (in your view) are either Mike or Steve saved?

Nov 2, 2016
USA
Ok, thank you for answering.

Mike and Steve are brothers at church- your church even. They spend decades seeing in the church, and declaring the born again status they both so feel from the depths of their souls. At this point: (in your view) are either Mike or Steve saved?

And how about 3 years later, when a tragedy happens in Steve's life an he changes into a prosystlizing atheist? At this point: (in your view) are either Mike or Steve saved?

God knows who truly believes and who call themselves Christian. If Mike and Dteve received the indwelling Holy Spirit then yes, they are saved. It's impossible for one who has received the indwelling Holy Spirit to become an atheist, it's not bibical. Why believe any testimony on internet, believe God's testimony instead, whoever has the Son has life to those who believe 1 Jhn 5:9-14