OSAS is the result of the finished work of the cross

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I guess there is a difference of words being used here.

For me, I wake up in the morning and tell my husband "I love you so much. You are wonderful and I'm yours." I'm renewing my love and commitment to him. Likewise I pray and commune my love with God.

I don't play the games of "who that person wasn't ever really saved." Such is degrading to all involved.

Games? I'm asking about your perspective.
About what IS...not what Is not, in your opinion.

If someone choose to leave Christ, that's their choice.

After they have Received Salvation?

God Bless,
Taken

Blueberry

Nov 2, 2018
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
well, believers do follow Christ because Christ never leaves them, Eph 1:13-14. we just don't confuse sanctification, discipline and godly sorrow with works or losing salvation

Amen!!

"if we are faithless, he remains faithful, for he cannot disown himself." 2Tim 2:13 NIV

Christ comes first when we continually give ourselves to Christ. Every single day renew our pledge, renew our love --- just as He continually does with us.

well, fortunately for believers in Christ,. salvation is not about them, it's about what Christ already did for them

"We do not dare to classify or compare ourselves with some who commend themselves. When they measure themselves by themselves and compare themselves with themselves, they are not wise." 2Cor 10:12 NIV

Sure would hate to die on an 'off day'! I have them. Maybe others do not?? I am not even sure that I am 100% on my good [enough?] days!? Wretched sinner that I am. I do try. Thank God, in Christ, that it does not depend on me! Woohoo! Thank you Lord! May your name forever be PRAISED! You are worthy precious Lamb of God!

This is worth repeating...
"And you also were included in Christ when you heard the message of truth, the gospel of your salvation. WHEN you believed, you were marked in him with a seal, the promised Holy Spirit, who is a deposit GUARANTEEING our inheritance until the redemption of those who are God's possession-to the praise of his glory." Eph 1:13-14 NIV

Jesus said to him, Today salvation has come to this house..." Luk 19:9 NIV

Keep up the good work Heb13:8. The Devil will stop at nothing to deny the sufficiency of Christ shed blood alone.

Then they asked him, “What must we do to do the works God requires?”
Jesus answered, “The work of God is this: to believe in the one he has sent.”
Joh 6:28-29 NIV

This IS the narrow gate. So hard for prideful Man to accept that they can do nothing toward their salvation except believe. I admit it. It is very difficult to accept this. But this is why it is called Good News.

Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? Mat 7:22 KJV

Heb 13:8

Nov 2, 2016
USA
Amen!!

"if we are faithless, he remains faithful, for he cannot disown himself." 2Tim 2:13 NIV

"We do not dare to classify or compare ourselves with some who commend themselves. When they measure themselves by themselves and compare themselves with themselves, they are not wise." 2Cor 10:12 NIV

Sure would hate to die on an 'off day'! I have them. Maybe others do not?? I am not even sure that I am 100% on my good [enough?] days!? Wretched sinner that I am. I do try. Thank God, in Christ, that it does not depend on me! Woohoo! Thank you Lord! May your name forever be PRAISED! You are worthy precious Lamb of God!

This is worth repeating...
"And you also were included in Christ when you heard the message of truth, the gospel of your salvation. WHEN you believed, you were marked in him with a seal, the promised Holy Spirit, who is a deposit GUARANTEEING our inheritance until the redemption of those who are God's possession-to the praise of his glory." Eph 1:13-14 NIV

Jesus said to him, Today salvation has come to this house..." Luk 19:9 NIV

Keep up the good work Heb13:8. The Devil will stop at nothing to deny the sufficiency of Christ shed blood alone.

Then they asked him, “What must we do to do the works God requires?”
Jesus answered, “The work of God is this: to believe in the one he has sent.”
Joh 6:28-29 NIV

This IS the narrow gate. So hard for prideful Man to accept that they can do nothing toward their salvation except believe. I admit it. It is very difficult to accept this. But this is why it is called Good News.

Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? Mat 7:22 KJV

Thank you. The harvest is few. It's certainly a breath of fresh air when I come across those "who get it".

Reactions: Helen and Nancy

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Games? I'm asking about your perspective.
About what IS...not what Is not, in your opinion.

After they have Received Salvation?

God Bless,
Taken
My apologies if I came off as snappy before (my post sounds that way to me now). Such was not my intention, and I apologize for it.

My perspective: If a person choose to walk away from Christ, they are also walking away from His gifts. Such is their choice, Christ doesn't force them to stay. So it's possible for a person to enjoy a great bond with Christ & His gifts at one point, but then choose to walk away.

What is NOT my perspective: to say "so-and-so never really had a real relationship with Christ in the first place, that's why they left".

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sure would hate to die on an 'off day'! I have them. Maybe others do not??
Not remotely a fear of mine. In fact, it doesn't even cross my mind. I know the state of my heart. And that's not a day-to-day thing.
Believing is doing something. In fact, it's everything.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The work has already been done, so let us rest in His work. OSAS is not a doctrine, it's rather the result of what Jesus already did for us. The carnal mind can't conceive that it is finished or that the gift of salvation is free, so those who oppose it place a price tag on themselves. , they work for the gift not knowing they're in defiance to God and the work He already did.

They fear God instead of seeing Him as a friend, instead of accepting the truth that has been given to them through the internet. I suppose there is no difference in the Pharisee up in Jesus face 2000 year ago and Thomas wanting to see the nail marks in His hand vs his saints on the internet sharing the truth. Blessed is the one who does not see and yet believes.

Still, in all this defiance over centuries, God still loves them. All He requires is for us to believe in what He did, but we can't even do that right. We have to hold on to ourselves, our pride, ego, our world power. But don't you see, that's what is killing you. There is no truth in you unless you are born of God, He is the only truth in the end.

We have all fallen short of the Glory of God, even one sin that you've committed in your entire life places you in enmity with God and his saints. So how does one reconcile himself back to God, through belief in who Jesus says He is. He is God in the flesh who has died for your sins and has risen!. Don't just hear it, receive it.

Disobedience is not trusting in the finished work of the cross, they say disobedience is lack of daily repentance, following commandments etc etc... but they don't realize that what their preaching is actually the disobedience they obtain too, worshiping Christ without actually having Christ. Loss of salvation is the defiance, not trusting in what He already did for you. That's how the devil works, he reverses the truth because he opposes God and the victory that's already won.

It's not that the devil doesn't want you to know the truth, but rather he doesn't want you to receive it because you're already his. The hardest thing to do is believe and walk away from everything that you think is truth, so walk away and let's be friends in Christ.
Salvation is something you have by faith. If your faith fails, ie if you do not complete the race, will you still have assurance of salvation....will you still have salvation?

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Salvation is something you have by faith. If your faith fails, ie if you do not complete the race, will you still have assurance of salvation....will you still have salvation?

People are capable of the greatest delusions. What is it that makes assurance possible?

Assuming (by a human religious reasoning) that we can claim all the good sounding bible verses for ourselves?

Realizing we are walking in the same power that Jesus did...in spiritual life?

If we have been granted to walk in the life of Jesus then we can know that we are walking in the salvation of Christ. Otherwise we are speculating.

Reactions: Reggie Belafonte

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My apologies if I came off as snappy before (my post sounds that way to me now). Such was not my intention, and I apologize for it.

:)

My perspective: If a person choose to walk away from Christ, they are also walking away from His gifts.

What happens to the Gifts "Given"?
Like a:
Saved soul for example?

Such is their choice, Christ doesn't force them to stay.

My perspective on that IS;
Christ "Offers" Gifts "with conditions"
Christ does "not Force" anyone to "Take" His Gift of Salvation.

So it's possible for a person to enjoy a great bond with Christ & His gifts at one point, but then choose to walk away.

From my perspective: Remembering God knows All things. He knew our "choices" before we were naturally born.

Where is the teaching...God "Saves a soul", but didn't know, later that man would reject Him...?

And the teaching...Of What becomes of "a saved Soul" that has now Rejected God ?

The Intent For a Saved Soul, is that It Live Forever "WITH" God.

Is God going to Force a man who rejects him to be With Him FOREVER?

Or is God a Liar and Going To Destroy a soul He Saved?

What is NOT my perspective: to say "so-and-so never really had a real relationship with Christ in the first place, that's why they left".

From my perspective: a person Hearing about God, Learning about God, Following His Word...Are being "Prepared" to have a "Relationship" with God and His Word; Jesus.

The "getting to know ABOUT" like any relationship Begins...."and at any time, during the getting to know About" a person CAN stop, and walk away.

The Relationship Is Bonded, Yoked, Sealed, Forever....when a man of his own freewill, makes a Commitment.

We do not know IF a man is making a True heartfelt Commitment...but God Does.

We only hear words of a man confessing, see a man GO to an alter call.

Thereafter...A MAN merely observes "indications" that another "IS" saved.

It is almost ALWAYS one man JUDGING another mans "WORKS"...then dictating whether the Other has "really" been Saved or not. Which is bologny.

A man WHO: FROM his natural spirit in his natural heart, of his own freewill, calls on the Lord, Confesses belief IN God, In Christ Jesus....
Instantly....That man Receives Several Gifts.

The first gift I asked you about was Salvation of the mans Soul...

If such a mans Soul "is Saved"..
From your perspective;
What happens to this "Saved" soul...
That you say...can reject God at any time?

God Bless,
Taken

Last edited:
Reactions: Nancy

Nov 2, 2016
USA

and salvation is a result of what Jesus already accomplished for us on the cross. the sin debt has been paid for, i'll rest in that

Gal 1:3-5 Grace and peace to you from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ, 4who gave himself for our sins to rescue us from the present evil age, according to the will of our God and Father, 5to whom be glory for ever and ever. Amen.

2 Pet 2:8-9 (for that righteous man, living among them day after day, was tormented in his righteous soul by the lawless deeds he saw and heard)— 9if this is so, then the Lord knows how to rescue the godly from trials and to hold the unrighteous for punishment on the day of judgment.

Jude 1:24-25 To him who is able to keep you from stumbling and to present you before his glorious presence without fault and with great joy— 25to the only God our Savior be glory, majesty, power and authority, through Jesus Christ our Lord, before all ages, now and forevermore! Amen.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nancy

Nov 2, 2016
USA
People are capable of the greatest delusions. What is it that makes assurance possible?

Assuming (by a human religious reasoning) that we can claim all the good sounding bible verses for ourselves?

Realizing we are walking in the same power that Jesus did...in spiritual life?

If we have been granted to walk in the life of Jesus then we can know that we are walking in the salvation of Christ. Otherwise we are speculating.

Not believing that its finished at the cross is the greatest delusion. The carnal mind has to do more to save themselve so they cover themselves up with their works and selfies and fig leaves

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
:)
My perspective on that IS;
Christ "Offers" Gifts "with conditions"
Christ does "not Force" anyone to "Take" His Gift of Salvation.

From my perspective: Remembering God knows All things. He knew our "choices" before we were naturally born.

Where is the teaching...God "Saves a soul", but didn't know, later that man would reject Him...?

And the teaching...Of What becomes of "a saved Soul" that has noe Rejected God ?

The Intent For a Saved Soul, is that It Live Forever "WITH" God.

Is God going to Force a man who rejects him to be With Him FOREVER?

Or is God a Liar and Going To Destroy a soul He Saved?

From my perspective: a person Hearing about God, Learning about God, Following His Word...Are being "Prepared" to have a "Relationship" with God and His Word; Jesus.

The "getting to know ABOUT" like any relationship Begins...."and at any time, during the getting to know About" a person CAN stop, and walk away.

The Relationship Is Bonded, Yoked, Sealed, Forever....when a man of his own freewill, makes a Commitment.

We do not know IF a man is making a True heartfelt Commitment...but God Does.

We only hear words of a man confessing, see a man GO to an alter call.

Thereafter...A MAN merely observes "indications" that another "IS" saved.

It is almost ALWAYS one man JUDGING another mans "WORKS"...then dictating whether the Other has "really" been Saved or not. Which is bologny.

A man WHO: FROM his natural spirit in his natural heart, of his own freewill, calls on the Lord, Confesses belief IN God, In Christ Jesus....
Instantly....That man Receives Several Gifts.
Thank you for sharing your perspective. Though, I must admit my morning-fogged brain is having a hard time condensing everything you wrote here down. Do you believe in OSAS? (Sorry for being morning-fogged).

What happens to the Gifts "Given"?
Like a:
Saved soul for example?
< ...... >
The first gift I asked you about was Salvation of the mans Soul...

If such a mans Soul "is Saved"..
From your perspective;
What happens to this "Saved" soul...
Christ's gifts reside with Him, cause they are an extension of Him. If you leave Him, you also leave the gifts. For example: if you leave Christ, you also leave the gift of working miracles in His name. If you leave Christ, you also leave the gift of being with Him / salvation behind.

That you say...can reject God at any time?
Having your heart with Christ is a matter of the heart. It's not something super whimsical like waking up on the wrong side of the bed. If you have a bad day and slip up, but your heart is still with Christ, then your heart is still with Christ. I'm not talking about having a bad day.

What is a person leaving Christ is somebody who (for example) starts worshiping the idol of fornification. I'm not talking about a one-day-slip-up, but something bigger than that. Like a pathological adulter gets thrilled by seducing married women and will even using talking with God as a tool to seduce ladies through church. And he spends years and years doing this, even after being caught many times, even after being called to repentance countless times. He doesn't want to repent and come back to God, but instead wants his thrills. His heart has left Christ.

Nov 2, 2016
USA
That's not remotely addressing the question posed to you.

Well, we are no longer under te law, less you preach a dirty gospel Jesus will say I never knew you Jon Doeb(

Gal 1:6-9 I am astonished that you are so quickly deserting the one who called you to live in the grace of Christ and are turning to a different gospel— 7which is really no gospel at all. Evidently some people are throwing you into confusion and are trying to pervert the gospel of Christ. 8But even if we or an angel from heaven should preach a gospel other than the one we preached to you, let them be under God’s curse! 9As we have already said, so now I say again: If anybody is preaching to you a gospel other than what you accepted, let them be under God’s curse!

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, we are no longer under te law, less you preach a dirty gospel Jesus will say I never knew you Jon Doeb(

Gal 1:6-9 I am astonished that you are so quickly deserting the one who called you to live in the grace of Christ and are turning to a different gospel— 7which is really no gospel at all. Evidently some people are throwing you into confusion and are trying to pervert the gospel of Christ. 8But even if we or an angel from heaven should preach a gospel other than the one we preached to you, let them be under God’s curse! 9As we have already said, so now I say again: If anybody is preaching to you a gospel other than what you accepted, let them be under God’s curse!
Once again, doesn't remotely address the question.

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I know wut the devil say, mixing truth with lie after lie. everyone wanna make the free gift so hard
Heb, when you constantly avoid a basic question like this, it gives the impression you don't have answers of truth.

Nov 2, 2016
USA
Heb, when you constantly avoid a basic question like this, it gives the impression you don't have answers of truth.

The slave women have no place in His kingdum, Jesus yoke is easier but people want harder

Now you, brothers and sisters, like Isaac, are children of promise. 29At that time the son born according to the flesh persecuted the son born by the power of the Spirit. It is the same now. 30But what does Scripture say? “Get rid of the slave woman and her son, for the slave woman’s son will never share in the inheritance with the free woman’s son.” f 31Therefore, brothers and sisters, we are not children of the slave woman, but of the free woman.

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The slave women have no place in His kingdum, Jesus yoke is easier but people want harder
Again: Heb, when you constantly avoid a basic question like this, it gives the impression you don't have answers of truth. The insults further that impression.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank you for sharing your perspective. Though, I must admit my morning-fogged brain is having a hard time condensing everything you wrote here down. Do you believe in OSAS? (Sorry for being morning-fogged).

Yes.

I ONCE gave the Lord my heartfelt confession...of belief in God In Christ Jesus.
I Trust His Word is True, and that He Once and immediately, Gifted me with a saved soul, among other gifts at that time.

Christ's gifts reside with Him, cause they are an extension of Him. If you leave Him, you also leave the gifts. For example: if you leave Christ, you also leave the gift of working miracles in His name. If you leave Christ, you also leave the gift of being with Him / salvation behind.

Wouldn't that make Jesus a Liar?

Having your heart with Christ is a matter of the heart. It's not something super whimsical like waking up on the wrong side of the bed. If you have a bad day and slip up, but your heart is still with Christ, then your heart is still with Christ. I'm not talking about having a bad day.

Do you believe God would be foolish and Give the Gift of Salvation to any man that would later Reject Him ?

I still am wondering what you believe happens to a Gift of Salvation a man Rejects,
As you are saying Has been received by a man??

What is a person leaving Christ is somebody who (for example) starts worshiping the idol of fornification. I'm not talking about a one-day-slip-up, but something bigger than that. Like a pathological adulter gets thrilled by seducing married women and will even using talking with God as a tool to seduce ladies through church. And he spends years and years doing this, even after being caught many times, even after being called to repentance countless times. He doesn't want to repent and come back to God, but instead wants his thrills. His heart has left Christ.

Your scenario is between people...
It is the relationship between People that is that topic.

What does that have to do with a mans relationship with God?

God Bless,
Taken

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes.

I ONCE gave the Lord my heartfelt confession...of belief in God In Christ Jesus.
I Trust His Word is True, and that He Once and immediately, Gifted me with a saved soul, among other gifts at that time.
Thanks for clarifying.
Wouldn't that make Jesus a Liar?
Not at all.
Do you believe God would be foolish and Give the Gift of Salvation to any man that would later Reject Him ?
Not at all. After all, Christ called Judas as an apostle. It's Christ offering up a gift and somebody declining it.
I still am wondering what you believe happens to a Gift of Salvation a man Rejects,
As you are saying Has been received by a man??
I'm not completely sure where you're confused here- my words must be falling short.
Christ's gifts are part of Christ. If a person leaves Christ, they also leave those gifts behind. The gift is with Christ and always will be because it's His. The man is no longer with Christ/Christ's gift because he choose to walk away.
Your scenario is between people...
It is the relationship between People that is that topic.

What does that have to do with a mans relationship with God?
"Thou shall have no God's before me" and "thou shall not commit adultery".
The unrepentant serial adulterer place love his idol (adultery and the chase) more than Christ. He has placed that idol before Christ and is no longer Christ's disciple. He has walked away to chasing his love of the flesh instead.