OSAS Question

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

mailmandan

Feb 24, 2020
The Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Learn the difference between "TASTING" and "EATING".
Amen! Inherent in the idea of tasting is the fact that one might or might not decide to accept what is tasted. For example, the same Greek word (geuomai) is used in Matthew 27:34 to say that those crucifying Jesus "offered him wine to drink, mingled with gall; but when he tasted it, he would not drink it." Do we simply "taste" into one Spirit or drink into one Spirit? (1 Corinthians 12:13).

Reactions: Taken

Iconoclast

Jul 27, 2021
Hoschton Ga.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
you’re user name is iconoclast
That’s a doctrine against sacred images
And a heresy condemned by the authority of Christ thru his apostles in the holy 2nd council of nicea

Sacred images are idolatry.
The Roman catholic church is guilty of such profane images.
When the guilty church declares anything, I am not concerned.
It is like the fox watching the hen house

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sacred images are idolatry.
The Roman catholic church is guilty of such profane images.
When the guilty church declares anything, I am not concerned.
It is like the fox watching the hen house

automatic fundamentalist reaction
Sacred images are not idolatry or forbidden

Exodus 25:18
And thou shalt make two cherubims of gold, of beaten work shalt thou make them, in the two ends of the mercy seat.

Numbers 21:8
And the Lord said unto Moses, Make thee a fiery serpent, and set it upon a pole: and it shall come to pass, that every one that is bitten, when he looketh upon it, shall live.

worship of images is forbidden

you should be very concerned with making accusations against Christ

Iconoclast

Jul 27, 2021
Hoschton Ga.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
automatic fundamentalist reaction
Sacred images are not idolatry or forbidden

Exodus 25:18
And thou shalt make two cherubims of gold, of beaten work shalt thou make them, in the two ends of the mercy seat.

Numbers 21:8
And the Lord said unto Moses, Make thee a fiery serpent, and set it upon a pole: and it shall come to pass, that every one that is bitten, when he looketh upon it, shall live.

worship of images is forbidden

you should be very concerned with making accusations against Christ
God gave direct instruction on how He would be approached in the early place of meeting.
Ex25:40
Deut.4:14-19 is very clear.

Iconoclast

Jul 27, 2021
Hoschton Ga.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
theefaith,
[Sacred images are not idolatry or forbidden]

Sure they are, watch what happens my mislead friend.

[Numbers 21:8

worship of images is forbidden]
GOD HAD THEM LIFT THE SERPENT OF BRASS IN numbers 21.it fulfilled its purpose as a type of Christ and a physical cure.
But let's look at how the confused people tried to venerate the image as Catholic people do today.
Read and learn my friend;
2Kings18:4
He removed the high places and broke the "sacred pillars"
Cut down the wooden Image
AND BROKE IN PIECES THE BRONZE SERPENTTHAT MOSES HAD MADE..
WHY?.....PAY ATTENTION,
FOR UNTIL THOSE DAYS THE CHILDREN OF ISRAEL BURNED INCENSE TO IT, AND CALLED IT
NEHUSHTAN.
Let's recap; God commanded Moses to.make it, it became an idol..
The godly king who did that which was right in The sight of the Lord...destroyed the idol.
An Iconoclast in action....you have been lied to my friend.

Reactions: Triumph1300

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
theefaith,
[Sacred images are not idolatry or forbidden]

Sure they are, watch what happens my mislead friend.

[Numbers 21:8

worship of images is forbidden]
GOD HAD THEM LIFT THE SERPENT OF BRASS IN numbers 21.it fulfilled its purpose as a type of Christ and a physical cure.
But let's look at how the confused people tried to venerate the image as Catholic people do today.
Read and learn my friend;
2Kings18:4
He removed the high places and broke the "sacred pillars"
Cut down the wooden Image
AND BROKE IN PIECES THE BRONZE SERPENTTHAT MOSES HAD MADE..
WHY?.....PAY ATTENTION,
FOR UNTIL THOSE DAYS THE CHILDREN OF ISRAEL BURNED INCENSE TO IT, AND CALLED IT
NEHUSHTAN.
Let's recap; God commanded Moses to.make it, it became an idol..
The godly king who did that which was right in The sight of the Lord...destroyed the idol.
An Iconoclast in action....you have been lied to my friend.

the church cannot teach error
Jn 16:13

The apostles with the authority of Christ in holy council condemned the iconoclast
Images not forbidden or Christ would be forbidden

Colossians 1:15
Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature:

only graven Images or idols worshiped as gods

veneration honor and devotion of Mary most holy mother of God ever Virgin mother of our salvation is not worship or adoration

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Exactly.
So, why do they do it in the Roman Catholic Churches, Theefaith.

How come you never answer a single question?
You always run around in circles and answer questions with questions.

we don’t do it
You accuse the holy church and attack the holy church

Reverence honor and devotion to Mary mother of God ever Virgin mother of our salvation is not adoration or worship

what questions be specific please

Iconoclast

Jul 27, 2021
Hoschton Ga.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
the church cannot teach error
Jn 16:13

The apostles with the authority of Christ in holy council condemned the iconoclast
Images not forbidden or Christ would be forbidden

Colossians 1:15
Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature:

only graven Images or idols worshiped as gods

veneration honor and devotion of Mary most holy mother of God ever Virgin mother of our salvation is not worship or adoration
The Catholic church is infested with error.
It has more wrong than right.
For example....Mary remained a Virginia until the birth of Jesus....then she got quite busy and had at least 6 children and enjoyed marital intimacy as God designed

Reactions: Triumph1300

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
For example....Mary remained a Virginia until the birth of Jesus....then she got quite busy and had at least 6 children and enjoyed marital intimacy as God designed

no for 2000 yrs the holy church has taught that Mary the mother of God is ever Virgin same as scripture and the so called reformers

Luthers calls it an article of the faith no less

Martin Luther

It is an article of faith that Mary is Mother of the Lord and still a virgin. … Christ, we believe, came forth from a womb left perfectly intact. (Weimer’s The Works of Luther, English translation by Pelikan, Concordia, St. Louis, v. 11, pp. 319-320; v. 6. p. 510.)

John Calvin

(On the Heretic Helvidius) Helvidius displayed excessive ignorance in concluding that Mary must have had many sons, because Christ’s “brothers” are sometimes mentioned. (Harmony of Matthew, Mark and Luke, sec. 39 [Geneva, 1562], vol. 2 / From Calvin’s Commentaries, translated by William Pringle, Grand Rapids, Michigan: Eerdmans, 1949, p.215; on Matthew 13:55)

[On Matt 1:25:] The inference he [Helvidius] drew from it was, that Mary remained a virgin no longer than till her first birth, and that afterwards she had other children by her husband . . . No just and well-grounded inference can be drawn from these words . . . as to what took place after the birth of Christ. He is called “first-born”; but it is for the sole purpose of informing us that he was born of a virgin . . . What took place afterwards the historian does not inform us . . . No man will obstinately keep up the argument, except from an extreme fondness for disputation. (Pringle, ibid., vol. I, p. 107)

Under the word “brethren” the Hebrews include all cousins and other relations, whatever may be the degree of affinity. (Pringle, ibid., vol. I, p. 283 / Commentary on John, [7:3])

John Wesley

‘I believe that He [Jesus] was made man, joining the human nature with the divine in one person; being conceived by the singular operation of the Holy Ghost, and born of the blessed Virgin Mary, who, as well after as before she brought Him forth, continued a pure and unspotted virgin’ (‘Letter to a Roman Catholic’, The Works of Rev. John Wesley, vol 10, p. 81).

And scripture

And the Bible says Her child is holy! And Her child is God!

Is 7:14 God provides a sign, a Virgin shall conceive and bear a son! (Singular, one son)

Ezekiel 44:2 “This gate shall remain shut; it shall not be opened, and no one shall enter by it; for the Lord, the God of Israel, has entered by it; therefore it shall remain shut.”

Song of Solomon 4:12 A garden inclosed is my sister, my spouse; a spring shut up, a fountain sealed.

(Mary had become the dwelling place of the Almighty, like the Ark of the Covenant in the Old Testament. Mary was a vessel consecrated to God alone?)

Matt 1:20 But while he thought on these things, behold, the angel of the Lord appeared unto him in a dream, saying, Joseph, thou son of David, fear not to take unto thee Mary thy wife: for that which is conceived in her is of the Holy Ghost.

(The Bible says only the Holy Ghost conceived in Mary)

Matt 1:21 And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name Jesus: for he shall save his people from their sins.
(A son singular) (only Jesus is savior)

Lk 1:34 Then said Mary unto the angel, How shall this be, seeing I know not a man?
(This verse imply’s a vow of perpetual virginity, She refuses even the exalted dignity of mother of God and mother of our savior if it means violating Her vow of perpetual virginity)

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

An attack on the church is an attack on Christ
Christ and his holy church are one acts 9:4 eph 5:32
The church always submits to Christ

Jn 15:1-5
Eph 5: 23 For the husband is the head of the wife, even as Christ is the head of the church: and he is the saviour of the body.

24 Therefore as the church is subject unto Christ, so let the wives be to their own husbands in every thing.

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Then explain gal 3:27 the sacrament of baptism puts on christ
Just as circumcision is circumcision of the heart, not the flesh, so baptism is spiritual baptism into the body of Christ through faith in Christ. Nothing wrong with either physical circumcision or physical baptism, but neither literally place you into the body of Christ. Water simply does not baptize you into the body of Christ. The Spirit of God does that, and at his choosing, before, during, or after water baptism. Since we don't emphasize water baptism as much as we used to (not a lot of creeks and lakes and nice weather readily available in most places to do that at the time a person comes to faith), most believers are saved long before they get water baptized. I was water baptized about two months after I received Christ by faith and was born again. It was important that I do that, but it had nothing to do with God saving me when I called on his name.