Osas

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
So you are saying that I can be a Satanist and turn back on my God and Christ and still be saved and have nothing to worry about? You are a joke. Don't give me that lie of Satan, that's not even close to God's Words, nor is it close to be called it love.

Elf

Mar 23, 2008
(thesuperjag;43061)
Actually OSAS is a false doctrine...here let me bring back a very old post of mine...
(kriss;43062)
ElfLook I been moderating this site for 2 years I have studied for 20 years I've had this argument 1000 times I know what the doctrine is if you wanna change it to something its not your choice but you are arguing against something that you do not understand so there no point going on with this Ive said what I have to say I know what the doctrine is its a belief that as long as you were saved once in your life timeyou can do whatever you want and still be saved thats the doctrine Just as Jag said above that is OSAS
Ok, believe what you like. I wont argue this anymore with you. Myself, I have been a Christian for 26 years, and like you for 20 years have denied many things, even though scripture said different. Some doctrines are solid food and it took me many years to be able to chew it. He who has ears to hear let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches. God Bless.

Elf

Mar 23, 2008
(thesuperjag;43066)
So you are saying that I can be a Satanist and turn back on my God and Christ and still be saved and have nothing to worry about? You are a joke. Don't give me that lie of Satan, that's not even close to God's Words, nor is it close to be called it love.
Wow, you just put words in my mouth, went with it, judged me as a joke, ect...I believe my friend, according to your beliefs, you have just lost your salvation!

zadzial

Mar 23, 2008
(kriss;43062)
I know what the doctrine is its a belief that as long as you were saved once in your life timeyou can do whatever you want and still be saved thats the doctrine Just as Jag said above that is OSAS
If anyone is teaching what you have just stated as the OSAS doctrine, then they are indeed teaching a false doctrine. However, the true doctrine of OSAS is as I stated in my earlier post. Please note that I have NEVER said that once saved a Christian can do whatever they like. This attitude is one that clearly reveals that the person was never saved in the first place. In contrast this is what I said and hold to be true. (zadzial;43034)
However, this said it is also important for a Christian to never presents this as a ground for moral carelessness. People who are truly born again of the Holy Spirit will give evidence of it by striving to live a holy life. Having said this, I must emphasise that it is important to remember that just because one becomes a Christian does not mean that a Christian never sins. However, a Christian because of their love and thankfulness to God will not want to be disobedient to the God and so strives to do what God wants. Anyone who returns wholeheartedly to sin, renounces former Christian ways, manifests no remorse in doing so and continues in this way to the end of life was, despite initial appearances, never truly "born again".
Perhaps you misunderstood what I meant by moral carelessness. What I mean is that a Christian should not think I am saved therefore I can do whatever I like. We are called to be holy as our God is holy.By the way Kriss, you are not the only one on this forum that have studied the Scriptures for a long time.

forgivenWretch

Feb 10, 2008
Tennessee
You Know!, this thread and the other ones like it should be closed! The only thing happening is an argument between those who are supposed to be in total agreement and it is quite disheartening, knowing that there are non-Christians watching so many make total fools of themselves. If i were not a Christian and came here for answers, I would burn in hell still trying to come to any conclusion. The bible is quite capable of taking care of it self. It needs no one trying to force one's personal beliefs on what is assumed to be the truth. It is not a you say, I say, issue, it is ONLY what God says. So let it go. Shall we act as the true Christians that God desires us to be? Or are we going to continue to please Satan?

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
(forgivenWretch;43124)
You Know!, this thread and the other ones like it should be closed! The only thing happening is an argument between those who are supposed to be in total agreement and it is quite disheartening, knowing that there are non-Christians watching so many make total fools of themselves. If i were not a Christian and came here for answers, I would burn in hell still trying to come to any conclusion. The bible is quite capable of taking care of it self. It needs no one trying to force one's personal beliefs on what is assumed to be the truth. It is not a you say, I say, issue, it is ONLY what God says. So let it go. Shall we act as the true Christians that God desires us to be? Or are we going to continue to please Satan?
A bible is a thing, but God needs no defending as it is not written in the bible as Truth knows everything and Truth can't be make up. God's Word itself is a defense.However being argumental is not always a negative thing, it is also a positive thing if you know how to use it right. We are human and we are flaw. We need ourselves to be defended by God's Words. How can a person grow if we don't share? If we never share the Truth, it's like we already are doing the work of Satan.If everybody have a different believe, then where is the work of God? I can only see the work of Satan. If everybody stop trying to have their own preconceive ideas of men then the work of Satan either wouldn't be here or the Devil has no effect in this site at the very least.Besides what Bible tells the Truth? I seen so many bibles that clearly speaks against Christ. You know we hate Christ as our human nature proves that to us. It loves darkness over light. But everybody who truly repents for their sins, God's nature that is in people who wants Christ... God's nature tells us that we love light over darkness, so we either will hate human nature or God's nature...either we love Christ or we love Satan. We can't love Christ and Satan at the same time, we can't hate Christ and Satan at the same time as we can't please men and God at the same time.People who knows bible well argue for a positive thing, because they know false doctrines leads soul away. Truth can't be made up as Reality also can't be made up. Religion is made up by man, so is a Lie made up by man.I am not willingly to be deceived by Satan whether man realize it or not. I'll put on the full armour of God.Jag

Jerusalem Junkie

Jan 7, 2008
I believe once saved always saved but that does not atone you of your sins. What was it Jesus said "let he who is without sin cast the first stone" just my take.

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
(zadzial;43078)
If anyone is teaching what you have just stated as the OSAS doctrine, then they are indeed teaching a false doctrine. However, the true doctrine of OSAS is as I stated in my earlier post. Please note that I have NEVER said that once saved a Christian can do whatever they like. This attitude is one that clearly reveals that the person was never saved in the first place. In contrast this is what I said and hold to be true. Perhaps you misunderstood what I meant by moral carelessness. What I mean is that a Christian should not think I am saved therefore I can do whatever I like. We are called to be holy as our God is holy.By the way Kriss, you are not the only one on this forum that have studied the Scriptures for a long time.
I never said I was the only one I was replying with needing to be told what OSAS doctrine is I know what it is and most Christains do not. However I will give you that you are closer than most.The true OSAS doctrine is not about sinning and backsliding we all do that and we repent and move on this is human it has nothing to do with OSASOSAS is exactly what it says if you were saved at 16 years old and by 30 you have turned to Buddisim or wiccka you are no longer saved OSAS says you are always saved no matter what.I have had conversation with wickin people who tell me it doesnt matter who I worship I was taught OSAS so do not tell me thats OKWhy did God divorce Israel ?? For her adulterous Ways If God can divorce his people because of worshipping false gods. People today want this doctrine because it gives them an easy outWe dont have to try to be good Christains its to hard.We are once Saved Always saved we can do whatever it doesnt matterWhy do you think we are told to fear God so we can just do whatever ?OsAs is the same basic Idea as all are all ready predestined to heaven or hell so it makes no differnce what you do they are both mensdoctrines not Gods

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
Bingo Kriss, you hit it on the nail.
smile.gif

forgivenWretch

Feb 10, 2008
Tennessee
God's word needs No ONE to defend it....No One!And even more important is does not need anyone telling others what one's personal opinions about it are!

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
(forgivenWretch;43141)
God's word needs No ONE to defend it....No One!And even more important is does not need anyone telling others what one's personal opinions about it are!
Who said we are defending it? But are we not to defend our brothers and sisters in need if they are weak by sharing and giving out Truth? The only thing I know that defend it is human defending other gods like Allah in Islam.Sounds like you are against people sharing and telling the Truth to other people so that they may enjoy the Truth. So tell me how can we share if we don't follow Matthew 28:20, Mark 16:15? To not share is not love.

Elf

Mar 23, 2008
(kriss;43136)
I never said I was the only one I was replying with needing to be told what OSAS doctrine is I know what it is and most Christains do not. However I will give you that you are closer than most.The true OSAS doctrine is not about sinning and backsliding we all do that and we repent and move on this is human it has nothing to do with OSASOSAS is exactly what it says if you were saved at 16 years old and by 30 you have turned to Buddisim or wiccka you are no longer saved OSAS says you are always saved no matter what.I have had conversation with wickin people who tell me it doesnt matter who I worship I was taught OSAS so do not tell me thats OKWhy did God divorce Israel ?? For her adulterous Ways If God can divorce his people because of worshipping false gods. People today want this doctrine because it gives them an easy outWe dont have to try to be good Christains its to hard.We are once Saved Always saved we can do whatever it doesnt matterWhy do you think we are told to fear God so we can just do whatever ?OsAs is the same basic Idea as all are all ready predestined to heaven or hell so it makes no differnce what you do they are both mensdoctrines not Gods
All you have to do to convince others and myself that "Perseverance of the saints" is false, is support your view with scripture "in it's context" so far you haven't done that. I have, and when I have you locked the thread. But I see I have ruffled yours and others feathers. I am sorry I do not wish to make enemies. You have stated that Calvinism is a man made doctrine, but, what about Joseph Arminus? What you are teaching is "Arminianism". What makes Arminianism biblical doctrine? There are only three views: Arminianism, Calvinism and Universalism. Everyone fits into one of these three categories.If this upsets you, I understand, and I will try and steer away from this topic, I am used to it, in life many share their faith with me and I accept it, but when I share mine? People get mad. I look at it his way:phil 1:29, For to you it has been granted for Christ's sake, not only to believe in Him, but also to suffer for His sake, God Bless.

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
(Elf;43182)
All you have to do to convince others and myself that "Perseverance of the saints" is false, is support your view with scripture "in it's context" so far you haven't done that. I have, and when I have you locked the thread. But I see I have ruffled yours and others feathers. I am sorry I do not wish to make enemies. You have stated that Calvinism is a man made doctrine, but, what about Joseph Arminus? What you are teaching is "Arminianism". What makes Arminianism biblical doctrine? There are only three views: Arminianism, Calvinism and Universalism. Everyone fits into one of these three categories.If this upsets you, I understand, and I will try and steer away from this topic, I am used to it, in life many share their faith with me and I accept it, but when I share mine? People get mad. I look at it his way:phil 1:29, For to you it has been granted for Christ's sake, not only to believe in Him, but also to suffer for His sake, God Bless.
Arminianism ? I have know idea what that is nor do I care what you call it I teach Gods Word the fact you dont get that is your problem stop trying to pigon hole Gods Word into some mans religion doctrine you are new on here you have no idea what I teach or believe so you have no right to judge me God is my judge you dont agree with me fine follow whatever doctrine you choose but I teach Gods Word its perfect the fact you dont understand it is not my problem but yoursthe preservation of the saints has nothing to do with this at all if you understood the doctrine you would get that

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
II Peter 3:9 - The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.This verse also proves it, it disproves OSAS... I hate Satan with a passion.

Status
Not open for further replies.