other bible jws use.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

djstav

Sep 9, 2018
Brisbane
Faith
Other Faith
Country
Australia
I know lots of mormons.
Worked with them.
Lived next to them.

Nice polite people.

But the fact is the Book of Mormon according to them is the important book.
More so than the Bible.

And they never told me I'm offensive because I called them a cult and I talked against
their believes and their much loved book.
Mormons are special people alright, shezow!

djstav

Sep 9, 2018
Brisbane
Faith
Other Faith
Country
Australia
I'm going to cut to the case here: if you want to actually know about my relationship with Christ, you're welcome to ask. I love talking about God.
If you just want to "inform" me about what i believe and how you believe that's wrong, frankly I'll skip that re-run.
:)

Reactions: Jane_Doe22

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Telling people they are offensive is just another way of trying people to shut up.
Dude, ignorance is not a Christian virtue. And someone politely letting you that information is false is not telling you to "shut up".
So do muslims.
I noticed how you didn't actually address the content of my post--
I'm going to cut to the case here: if you want to actually know about my relationship with Christ, you're welcome to ask. I love talking about God.
If you just want to "inform" me about what i believe and how you believe that's wrong, frankly I'll skip that re-run.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Probably because if they knew he was posting here for his own reasons, and not to spread watchtower dogma, he would be disfellowshiped.
Amen!
And so we need to treat him as Jesus would treat him, not as a source or resource with regard to his church or friends or family... especially if it will cause trouble he chooses to avoid.

Most information people want regarding JWs is available without pushing this young man unnecessarily. What should be necessary here should is loving @Mister Michael as someone asking for assistance in the things of God. Would it not be good to give for a change instead always pressing to take?

Reactions: Mister Michael

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
i don't question my watchtower i trust it.
Don't let anyone bully on this point. Most everyone here, right or wrong trusts something in their walk with God. If you have questions someone here can answer, ask them, but don't let anyone push you into commitments or admission you are not prepared to make. God and God alone increases anyone in their knowledge of Him.

djstav

Sep 9, 2018
Brisbane
Faith
Other Faith
Country
Australia
Amen!
And so we need to treat him as Jesus would treat him, not as a source or resource with regard to his church or friends or family... especially if it will cause trouble he chooses to avoid.

Most information people want regarding JWs is available without pushing this young man unnecessarily. What should be necessary here should is loving @Mister Michael as someone asking for assistance in the things of God. Would it not be good to give for a change instead always pressing to take?
Yep there's no I in team, and no U either.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
what do you think of the JW bible and the Kingdom interlinear of the Greek scriptures
Most people who are not JWs themselves know very little first hand about JWs. There are exceptions but most people simply repeat what they have read or heard other people say, that is other people who are not JWs.

This is a bad thing about a forum like this.

One of the good things about this kind of forum is that you can hear the viewpoints of more than one person or denomination. The differences between some of them are like night and day even though they may all be called Protestants.

Reactions: Jane_Doe22

Triumph1300

Jan 11, 2018
Northern British Columbia, Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I noticed how you didn't actually address the content of my post--

Ok, let me address that.

The reason I said "Muslims say the same", is because I did hear a muslim speak about a different Jesus.

As far as I can see, so do mormons.

The Mormon faith is different from biblical faith because it has a different Jesus.

The Jesus of Mormonism is "the spiritual brother from heaven, who, like us, was born a spirit child of God".

He is the first born child of the Heavenly Father.

Bruce R. McConkie, a Mormon theologian, warned that people who speak of a "special relationship with [this] Christ" are guilty of "excessive zeal" and "pure sectarian nonsense."

Faith for the Mormon is never spoken of as directed towards the deity of Christ and
His full atonement on the cross for the sins of the world.

Rather faith is seen as a response to whatever Christ commands, not as a trust in His complete ability to save.

This kind of faith never results in a personal relationship with Him.

And, according to one fellow who knocked on my door, we'r all going to be gods.

Talking about "sex", the mormon lady said: "If theres no sex in heaven, I will not want to go there".

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Most people who are not JWs themselves know very little first hand about JWs. There are exceptions but most people simply repeat what they have read or heard other people say, that is other people who are not JWs.

This is a bad thing about a forum like this.

One of the good things about this kind of forum is that you can hear the viewpoints of more than one person or denomination. The differences between some of them are like night and day even though they may all be called Protestants.
AMEN!

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ok, let me address that.

The reason I said "Muslims say the same", is because I did hear a muslim speak about a different Jesus.

As far as I can see, so do mormons.

The Mormon faith is different from biblical faith because it has a different Jesus.

The Jesus of Mormonism is "the spiritual brother from heaven, who, like us, was born a spirit child of God".

He is the first born child of the Heavenly Father.

Bruce R. McConkie, a Mormon theologian, warned that people who speak of a "special relationship with [this] Christ" are guilty of "excessive zeal" and "pure sectarian nonsense."

Faith for the Mormon is never spoken of as directed towards the deity of Christ and
His full atonement on the cross for the sins of the world.

Rather faith is seen as a response to whatever Christ commands, not as a trust in His complete ability to save.

This kind of faith never results in a personal relationship with Him.

And, according to one fellow who knocked on my door, we'r all going to be gods.

Talking about "sex", the mormon lady said: "If theres no sex in heaven, I will not want to go there".
You've just demonstrated thoroughly trying to "inform" me what I believe.

I have no interest in this re-run or being proselytized at. So with all due respect, I will decline your advances here.

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not about you.
I posted in regards of discussions with the mormons I know personally.
And with all due respect, you've misunderstood things.

I don't have a part of how you treat your IRL friends. I only have interaction with you here, and as I said earlier, I have no desire to be proselytized at.

djstav

Sep 9, 2018
Brisbane
Faith
Other Faith
Country
Australia
You've just demonstrated thoroughly trying to "inform" me what I believe.

I have no interest in this re-run or being proselytized at. So with all due respect, I will decline your advances here.
The problem I see with the Mormon Chruch is that it teaches that a man has to live a life of worthiness under the current God of this universe, then they can be transformed in to a god & then run their own universe. This creates a serious paradox, as who was the first man to become the first god to become the first man. This is called an infinite regress, it can't be possible for there to be a first God to be tested as a man if God has to be a man before he becomes a god.

Reactions: Triumph1300

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The problem I see with the Mormon Chruch is that it teaches that a man has to live a life of worthiness under the current God of this universe, then they can be transformed in to a god & then run their own universe. This creates a serious paradox, that who was the first man to become the first god to become the first man. This is called an infinite regress, it can't be possible for there to be a first God to be tested as a man if God has to be a man before he becomes a god.
If you want me to clarify things in that regard, I'd be happy to.
If not, that's cool too. (But default I guess people aren't interested).

I'm not here to be proselytized at or to proselytize at anyone. I joined this board because I honestly greatly enjoy talking from people with all sorts of different views. I try to regularly attend churches beside my own for this reason as well, but lately scheduling has limited my IRL ability to visit people. Hence more trying to get out digitally. I find seeing these different views to greatly increase my own reflections, my understanding of other people, my love for other people, and just honestly.... *Jane struggles to find the right word here*.... watching diverse people's sing "Joy to the World" and celebrate God brings a huge smile to my face.