Our Soul

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Once again, If I'm God and I know the end from the start, before you were even born
once again if i am a parent i know the end from the start, since you have been born, and resorting to this as an answer might suffice, yes, just as God might actually wrinkle His nose to get things done supernaturally, which i also cannot disprove.

If God is omnipresent, is He also in hell?

Dcopymope

May 22, 2016
Motor City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
once again if i am a parent i know the end from the start, since you have been born, and resorting to this as an answer might suffice, yes, just as God might actually wrinkle His nose to get things done supernaturally, which i also cannot disprove.

If God is omnipresent, is He also in hell?

God doesn't have to BE everywhere to see everything. Most Christians have erroneous ideas of the nature of God, especially the nature of his omnipresence.

(Psalms 33:13-15) "The LORD looketh from heaven; he beholdeth all the sons of men. {14} From the place of his habitation he looketh upon all the inhabitants of the earth. {15} He fashioneth their hearts alike; he considereth all their works."

(Psalms 11:4) "The LORD is in his holy temple, the LORD’S throne is in heaven: his eyes behold, his eyelids try, the children of men."

God is not just some impersonal blob somewhere out there, like the new age pantheistic concept of God. He has a body, and he has a throne, from which he see's everything.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
God doesn't have to BE everywhere to see everything. Most Christians have erroneous ideas of the nature of God, especially the nature of his omnipresence.
but now we are discussing omniscience, not omnipresence
God is not just some impersonal blob somewhere out there, like the new age pantheistic concept of God. He has a body, and he has a throne, from which he see's everything.
so you say, yes

Dcopymope

May 22, 2016
Motor City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
but now we are discussing omniscience, not omnipresence

We are in fact discussing both. You asked me of his location, and I gave you exactly that. He knows all and see's all from his throne. You can either believe the word of God, or not.

so you say, yes

No, so the word of God says.

(Ezekiel 1:26-28) "¶ And above the firmament that was over their heads was the likeness of a throne, as the appearance of a sapphire stone: and upon the likeness of the throne was the likeness as the appearance of a man above upon it. {27} And I saw as the colour of amber, as the appearance of fire round about within it, from the appearance of his loins even upward, and from the appearance of his loins even downward, I saw as it were the appearance of fire, and it had brightness round about. {28} As the appearance of the bow that is in the cloud in the day of rain, so was the appearance of the brightness round about. This was the appearance of the likeness of the glory of the LORD. And when I saw it, I fell upon my face, and I heard a voice of one that spake."

There is a throne, and thrones are made for bodies to sit on, so....you either believe it, or don't.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

If God is NOT omnipresent, what are these verses saying?

"Whither shall I go from thy spirit? or whither shall I flee from thy presence?
If I ascend up into heaven, thou art there: if I make my bed in hell, behold, thou art there.Psalm 139:7-8

"Am I a God at hand, saith the LORD, and not a God afar off?
Can any hide himself in secret places that I shall not see him? saith the LORD. Do not I fill heaven and earth? saith the LORD." Jerem 23:23-24

Reactions: pia

Dcopymope

May 22, 2016
Motor City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If God is NOT omnipresent, what are these verses saying?

"Whither shall I go from thy spirit? or whither shall I flee from thy presence?
If I ascend up into heaven, thou art there: if I make my bed in hell, behold, thou art there.Psalm 139:7-8

"Am I a God at hand, saith the LORD, and not a God afar off?
Can any hide himself in secret places that I shall not see him? saith the LORD. Do not I fill heaven and earth? saith the LORD." Jerem 23:23-24

The earth is the Lords footstool, not his residence. So under what context is it saying he fills heaven and earth? Can you hide from the Lord?

(Isaiah 66:1) "Thus saith the LORD, The heaven is my throne, and the earth is my footstool: where is the house that ye build unto me? and where is the place of my rest?"

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When we stand before God. What part of us gets judged?

I am not sure which judgement you are speaking of. When we as Christians stand before Jesus Christ, for our judgement of rewards, we are standing body, soul, and spirit. And 'we' are judged...body, soul, and spirit, as one individual.

Stranger

Reactions: Helen

Dcopymope

May 22, 2016
Motor City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am not sure which judgement you are speaking of. When we as Christians stand before Jesus Christ, for our judgement of rewards, we are standing body, soul, and spirit. And 'we' are judged...body, soul, and spirit, as one individual.

Stranger

(1 John 5:7-8) "For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one. {8} And there are three that bear witness in earth, the Spirit, and the water, and the blood: and these three agree in one."

So our body is compared to the body of God. We are made of spirit, water and blood. Can the body have any one of these three without the other?

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So our body is compared to the body of God. We are made of spirit, water and blood. Can the body have any one of these three without the other?

Stupid question. We as individuals are body, soul, and spirit. God is Spirit. The only body God has is Jesus Christ.

Stranger

Dcopymope

May 22, 2016
Motor City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Stupid question. We as individuals are body, soul, and spirit. God is Spirit. The only body God has is Jesus Christ.

Stranger

And you neglected to ask the question...."god is spirit", yeah ok, whatever, so are the four living creatures surrounding his throne, who are described as having bodies.

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And you neglected to ask the question...."god is spirit", yeah ok, whatever, so are the four living creatures surrounding his throne, who are described as having bodies.

What question did I neglect to ask?

Stranger

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Can any of the three attributes of our body exist without the other? Will the blood and water be there on judgement day with our spirit?

Our body exists if God says it will exist. Our body doesn't need blood to exist. Jesus Christ was flesh and bone but not blood after the resurrection.

On judgement day the body, soul, and spirit, will be there as one individual.

Stranger

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The earth is the Lords footstool, not his residence. So under what context is it saying he fills heaven and earth? Can you hide from the Lord?
When the verse disagrees with your belief just readjust the meaning to fit, huh? I will leave you alone...

Dcopymope

May 22, 2016
Motor City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When the verse disagrees with your belief just readjust the meaning to fit, huh? I will leave you alone...

Well, my point was that he doesn't have to actually fill the earth with his presence in order fill it. The point Jeremiah made was that there isn't a hole you can crawl in that can hide you from God. Scripture cannot contradict each other, otherwise your faith is no good. Either heaven is his throne, his dwelling place, and earth is his footstool, or its not.

Dcopymope

May 22, 2016
Motor City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Our body exists if God says it will exist. Our body doesn't need blood to exist. Jesus Christ was flesh and bone but not blood after the resurrection.

On judgement day the body, soul, and spirit, will be there as one individual.

Stranger

Well I guess Jesus should have cut himself with a knife to prove he still had blood in him, since there isn't a shred of evidence in scripture specifically stating that he has no blood.

Job

Feb 5, 2014
somewhere
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well I guess Jesus should have cut himself with a knife to prove he still had blood in him, since there isn't a shred of evidence in scripture specifically stating that he has no blood.

1 Corinthians 15
49 And as we have borne the image of the earthy, we shall also bear the image of the heavenly.
50 Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; neither doth corruption inherit incorruption.

Dcopymope

May 22, 2016
Motor City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1 Corinthians 15
49 And as we have borne the image of the earthy, we shall also bear the image of the heavenly.
50 Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; neither doth corruption inherit incorruption.

Is that all you got? What about his bones? Since it doesn't mention his bones, then I guess my skeletal system can inherit the kingdom of god.

Job

Feb 5, 2014
somewhere
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Is that all you got? What about his bones? Since it doesn't mention his bones, then I guess my skeletal system can inherit the kingdom of god.

Fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge, wisdom and understanding.

If you had any fear of the Lord you would know the answer to that question.