Our testimony in a song

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Heavenly Father, let us come to the place where all that matters and all that drives us is that others see Your Son Jesus in us. Whatever You've given to us, may You cause it to flow freely through us to others.... such as I have, I give, in Jesus's name!

Father, glorify Yourself in us ...may we lift the name of Jesus high!

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Heavenly Father, let us come to the place where all that matters and all that drives us is that others see Your Son Jesus in us. Whatever You've given to us, may You cause it to flow freely through us to others.... such as I have, I give, in Jesus's name!

Great lyrics but, I do not think there is any single song that can capture my personal testimony, lol. But one of a very few songs had answered every question I was asking God over a year back when this song first came out. That was a very, very dark and painful day. The song is You Say by Lauren Daigle.
I had been holing up in my bedroom for days in a funk. The waterworks were pretty constant and I had thought for sure He had left me. I was asking Him questions like, "Am I really yours Lord"? Why don't I fit in anywhere, even amongst your people? Lord, I don't even know who I am anymore! and many more that were answered the moment, it seemed as though I was compelled to get out of the bed, out of the room at the very moment the first note of You Say was playing on my Pandora. I had gotten up earlier to put on Christian music but, it did not seem to pull me out of the dregs so, back to the bedroom. So, that is why when I opened my door after being compelled to get right up, fast and get out of the bedroom...for the first time I heard the song You Say...I cried tears of joy for weeks, just from that one encounter and, I'll always think of Him sending me that exact song, from the very first note on I heard it that day for the first time. Bowled me over I tell ya! I know you know the song but, gonna share it anyhow :D

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes! @Nancy ....that is such a powerful testimony of how God knows exactly where we are and what we need. He hasn't forgotten us ...even though at times, we may question when we come under many difficult trials.

I think what you just shared fits with the message in the first song.... all of what we receive from Him is then what He will use us to give to others. :)

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'd love to hear from others how God has used a song to speak to their hearts at just the right moment. I couldn't count the times He has done that for me.

Reactions: Mayflower and Nancy

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I'd love to hear from others how God has used a song to speak to their hearts at just the right moment. I couldn't count the times He has done that for me.
The one I remember most was 'The Old Rugged Cross'. I can't say I've ever much liked this song but I think it was in 2013 I had shingles and it was horrendous. I couldn't lie in bed so had to sit up all nit on the sofa and I would cry with the pain and the loneliness of the dark nights. I tried listening to Christian music but couldn't concentrate on anything so the nights were long. At times I would have welcomed death. Then this song started to go round and round in my head and I clung to the cross and it comforted me.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When my wife and I came to the Lord in 1976, there were two women evangelists holding revival services daily in that assembly. We both repented during those services and my wife received the baptism of the Holy Ghost. I had a blockage, that hindered me for another 6 weeks. One of those dear sisters sang this song, which I have never heard before and which I have never forgotten.

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This one got me through quite a bit and still does. It serves as reminder to worship in times of suffering and to let his name be glorified during times of affliction; knowing that he is in control and that no suffering is ever pointless. Romans 5:3-5

Just a snippet portion of the lyrics:

"I come, God, I come
I return to the Lord
The one who's broken
The one who's torn me apart
You struck down to bind me up
You say You do it all in love
That I might know You in Your suffering

Though You slay me
Yet I will praise You
Though You take from me
I will bless Your name
Though You ruin me
Still I will worship
Sing a song to the one who's all I need

My heart and flesh may fail
The earth below give way
But with my eyes, with my eyes I'll see the Lord
Lifted high on that day
Behold, the Lamb that was slain
And I'll know every tear was worth it all"

@Mayflower I forgot all about Lifehouse!

WalterandDebbie

Dec 14, 2009
USA
firstthings1sttab.tripod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Hi TLHKAJ and How are you all? Just thinking of the wonderful things He has done for us:

• Love
Reactions: TLHKAJ