• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think when a tree is just a sprout sticking out of the ground it is at its most vulnerable. Is it still a tree? Yes, but it is still not fully "established in the faith" as the apostle Paul liked to say.

P.S. I think this is why he taught believers to become "rooted and grounded," specifically so as not to be moved away from the hope of the gospel.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Do you understand that the whole bible is spiritual?

Sure.

God is A Spirit, and His words are spiritual.
You dont read a bible to gain its light, you discern it, spiritually.
Everything with God, is Spiritual related.
The bible is Spiritual dictation.
Holy men wrote it down as they were led.....
Regarding the NT< .. Paul wrote most of it.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
No. Admittedly I don't worry about it. I would never renounce Him in a million years. But I also think my situation is different than the new born Christian, or even the average Christian. I think once you have grown to sufficient "height and strength" (using the analogy of a tree here), there is no longer any great fear where spiritual stability is concerned. But the danger is in the very earliest stages of spiritual growth, and that is where I think it is possible for a truly born again Christian to turn back into the world, whether through temptation of the Devil, or through fear of persecution and even death, as the Parable of the Sower teaches.

I think when a tree is just a sprout sticking out of the ground it is at its most vulnerable. Is it still a tree? Yes, but it is still not fully "established in the faith" as the apostle Paul liked to say.

That is why discipling is so vital. New Christians need the input of experienced and mature Christians in order to build solid and lasting foundations that will remain firm throughout the times of testing.

Reactions: Hidden In Him

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Considering that God knew ahead of time the things He'd be telling us, it's not like He looked around the earth, Hmm, what to what shall I compare?

Jesus and me, the vine and the branch. Husband and wife, Christ and the redeemed.

"For this cause" Paul wrote, that a man shall leave his father and mother, and cleave to his wife, For this cause, what cause? We are flesh of His flesh and bone of His bone.

The reason for human marraige is to show us what it's like between Jesus and us.

Perhaps that's why God made the vine the way He did, to show us our relation to Jesus. Not some pithy analogy, He IS the vine, we ARE the branches, and I think the plant was made, among other reasons, to show us how it is with us.

Much love!

Sure.

And what is troubling is when a "vine" verse is twisted by a devil led to try to teach that "abiding" in the vine is a self effort you must strive to do, or you are not in the vine and are going to hell.

"""""well over here in the Bi-bull..... is says that men gather them, and they end up burned""""""

Uh huh.
And what men are those? And where are these men? And who are these men.? And where are these men found? And burned with what? Where?
"ummmmmmm, well..........ummmmmmm, well......ummmmmmm, see, my commentary that destroyed my faith and trained me to be a devll led heretic, didnt explain that part"""""

NO KIDDING !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Honestly, if i had a Dollar for every time i have dealt with one of these deceived people, i could buy myself a really nice used Black Tesla.

And as you stated.
We are the BRIDE... and a Bride is married.. Jesus is coming back for the one He has married, having seal this vow, with His Blood.

We the born again ,are JOINED To Christ.
"By Grace through Faith you are SAVED", is a JOINING of our born again Spirit, INTO God's Spirit.
There is no getting out of that, simply because you were not a good boy today, or good girl today., as being good never put you into God's Spirit to Begin with......

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
That is why discipling is so vital. New Christians need the input of experienced and mature Christians in order to build solid and lasting foundations that will remain firm throughout the times of testing.

Bingo ! Pearl.
Amen and Amen.. !!

Reader, the Devil is not stupid.
If he was stupid then we'd all have the same mind, the same faith, and be unified as one believing body.
But you see, Satan is very smart, and very clever, and has divided God's children into DENOMINATIONS.
Denominations are not God originated.........and you think on that..
There are NO Denominations in Heaven.

Satan is a Super Con. And he's had a very long time to study the bible, and to study human nature.
He perfectly understands human nature, as the fallen nature that is our old man, is the Devils's Nature.
Sinning, and all that is found as that word's meaning, is the Devil's nature.
When we were "sinners" we were behaving as our Father's nature.

Now here is a hard thing to hear, and i wrote a Thread on this months ago that is way down the Threads's pile at this point....but.

This...
God, is the Father of the Born again.
Satan is the Father of the unbelievers.
Jesus explained The Devil's Children as...>"you are OF YOUR FATHER, THE DEVIL, and the LUSTS OF YOUR FATHER...YOU WILL DO">.

So that was all of us, before we were born again..

Satan is sexual devient , and "alt sexual lifestyle" is the Devil's sexual lifestyle.
So, when homosexuality , or similar perversion is LEGALIZED, then the Devil's sexuality has been given "RIGHTS" in your country.

And what does all this mean?
It means that HELL and the Lake of FIRE, are prepared for the DEVIL and His Angels, and his Children.

This means that the Born Again end up where their Father is, and the Unbelievers ALL finally end up where their Father is going to end up.

Reactions: Pearl

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And what is troubling is when a "vine" verse is twisted by a devil led to try to teach that "abiding" in the vine is a self effort you must strive to do, or you are not in the vine and are going to hell.
Just one of 10,000 ways to add self effort into the mix.

"""""well over here in the Bi-bull..... is says that men gather them, and they end up burned""""""
And all you have to do is read every word, and receive it exactly for what it is saying. "The branch not In Me . . ." Those branches are not In Christ, are not Christians.

People say . . . but it's a branch! Of course it's saved! But then again, we all derive our life from Christ, saved or unsaved. But unless we are In Christ, there will be no fruit.

Casting forth as "a branch not in Christ" is when the unbeliever, the one who is not In Christ, dies, is cast forth, and gathered to be burned.

Three branches, two in Christ, fruitful and not fruitful, and one not in Christ.

And so we don't have to struggle to let fruit grow, we are in Christ, fruit will grow.

:)

Much love!

Reactions: Behold

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Just one of 10,000 ways to add self effort into the mix.
And all you have to do is read every word, and receive it exactly for what it is saying. "The branch not In Me . . ." Those branches are not In Christ, are not Christians.
People say . . . but it's a branch!

Much love!

Weeds grow in Trees, and they have a different root, yet, they are intwined and often wrapped around the Tree.
Trees have dead branches, that do not have the life of the Tree in them, yet they are connected to the Tree.

Truth and untruth went swimming
When Truth's back was turned, untruth stole Truth's clothes.
Now..
untruth parades about as Truth, while Truth goes about as the naked Truth.

A born again person who believes they can lose their salvation or believes that when God's Grace is taught correctly, its a "license to sin", they say.....are people who are connected to the vine by Christ's blood, but have lost the Vine's power and discernment.
It does not flow through them, because wrong believing turns off the Light.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Weeds grow in Trees, and they have a different root, yet, they are intwined and often wrapped around the Tree.
Trees have dead branches, that do not have the life of the Tree in them, yet they are connected to the Tree.
Mistletoe and ivy are good examles of these parasites.

Reactions: marks

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Honestly, if i had a Dollar for every time i have dealt with one of these deceived people, i could buy myself a really nice used Black Tesla.

Behold, I'm at peace with it, but understand something. This is the third conversation in a row now where you very quickly have no response for me. I'm not saying it to vaunt myself, I'm saying it to point out to you that in order to be a true teacher you need to be able to deal with serious counter-arguments to your positions. You consistently use debate tricks to avoid doing so, from evasions to just plain ignoring my posts (usually the latter).

Again, I am at peace with it if necessary, but insinuating that others are nowhere near the teacher you are when you can't even answer the first few questions someone puts to you doesn't bode well for speaking and thinking so highly of yourself.

I mean you no harm, but the minute you started boasting on yourself like that, you drew my attention. And you are proving the scripture that it is not wise to sit yourself in the highest seat. The Lord may come along one day and tell you to go sit in the lowest.

God bless,
Hidden In Him

Last edited:

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Mistletoe and ivy are good examles of these parasites.

They kill their "host". The tree often dies.

I recall when i was a boy, there was a great Oak in our front yard.
It had Mistletoe in it......and one day, that huge amazing tree, was strangled completely, no light could get in, and it died.

So, wrong believing is that strangling weed, that strangles the Vine and stops the Flow of God, and shut off the Light.
You'll notice that when these vines (heretics) have been strangled, they only teach what strangled them..

"you can lose your salvation"....>"you can commit the unpardonable sin".. "you have to work work work to stay stay stay, saved". or "License to sin".

and often, all they can teach is from the Book in the Bible that the devil used to blind them.
This is why most Heretics teach from "Hebrews" 'James" and "Matthew".......as that is where they were theologically strangled and stopped being able to see anything except their specific heresy that BECAME THEM.

Reactions: Pearl

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'd rather give it to the poor.
But that's who I am.
I don't need a used fancy car, but there plenty that need socks and shoes and coats and food and shelter.....

Reactions: marks

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
But that's who I am.
I don't need a used fancy car, but there plenty that need socks and shoes and coats and food and shelter.....
He said he could not that he would.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But that's who I am.
See . . . and my first thought was, I'd like a black Tesla!

Much love!

Reactions: Ziggy

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm saying it to point out to you that in order to be a true teacher you need to be able to deal with serious counter-arguments to your positions. You consistently use debate tricks to avoid doing so, from evasions to just plain ignoring my posts (usually the latter).
I think it depends on what role each one is performing. One may be there shock someone awake, while another is there to pursue the foundations in Scripture. And not everyone is here to debate.

But he and I think the same way about these things I'm pretty certain.

Much love!

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Regarding the NT< .. Paul wrote most of it.
Not everything Paul writes is Holy Spirit inspired.
He admits throughout his letters that some things he writes are his own thoughts.
Things that the Lord didn't specifically address him to preach about.

For instance:
1Co 7:12 But to the rest speak I, not the Lord: If any brother hath a wife that believeth not, and she be pleased to dwell with him, let him not put her away.

There is a few times when Paul speaks his own words. Are they inspired?
I believe there is something else going on here.. and it has to do with the "times" they are living in.

2Co 8:8 I speak not by commandment, but by occasion of the forwardness of others, and to prove the sincerity of your love.
2Co 8:9 For ye know the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, that, though he was rich, yet for your sakes he became poor, that ye through his poverty might be rich.
2Co 8:10 And herein I give my advice: for this is expedient for you, who have begun before, not only to do, but also to be forward a year ago.
2Co 8:11 Now therefore perform the doing of it; that as there was a readiness to will, so there may be a performance also out of that which ye have.
2Co 8:12 For if there be first a willing mind, it is accepted according to that a man hath, and not according to that he hath not.

2Co 8:13 For I mean not that other men be eased, and ye burdened:
2Co 8:14 But by an equality, that now at this time your abundance may be a supply for their want, that their abundance also may be a supply for your want: that there may be equality:
2Co 8:15 As it is written, He that had gathered much had nothing over; and he that had gathered little had no lack.

There is a war on the horizon. Jesus spoke of it. In 70AD war broke out and Jerusalem was taken down.
This "Preperations and collections" I believe had to do with stocking up and being able to get through those days.

We talk about it openly today.. Government shutdown, food shortages, prepare for a cold dark winter.. etc..
But Paul was writing letters that needed to be carried through enemy territories and reach the ones who had to help those who had not.
There is a lot going on in the NT.
You have spiritual truths mixed with real world realities happening.

There's some discernment for you.
Learning what is spiritual bread and what was physically necessary.
They go hand in hand.. but some things were meant for those days in particular.
Not that it would hurt for us to heed them today, as we are entering the same climate that Paul was preaching in.

Maybe that's what Peter meant about Paul's letters being difficult to the unlearned.
Maybe some only read into it this way or that way.. there is both.
They needed to prepare for what was about to come upon the world.
So do we.

Thank You
Hugs

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
For me it's kind of like sitting around a big table and everybody is talking.
And you hear something and pick it up and make a comment or a joke.
Maybe it's not always taken as a joke, and then you get the scowls or the tongues sticking out.
It's family..
Well, to me it is.
You all are my family whether I agree or disagree.
That's not really what's important.. it's loving eachother whether you do agree or don't agree that matters.
Some people got a sense of humour and some don't.
But you don't know until you get to know who's sitting at the table.
I'm kind of 50/50.
I take things seriously and yet I can find humour to break the ice.
Some got no humour at all.. and their the ones you tend to poke the most lol.
Others take nothing serious so you get exasperated trying to hold a legitimate conversation.
Then your the one they poke the most.. LOL

It takes all kinds to make the world go round.
And it's a big table.
God Bless Us All
Hugs