Outer darkness

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
That doesn’t sit with me in a logical manner…mainly because it doesn’t make sense that in the end, hell (and it’s contents presumably?) will be “thrown into” the lake of fire. If they were the same place, how could one of them be cast into the other of them…?
No it is NOT Hell which is cast into the Lake of Fire (the real Hell) but Hades. That word should never have been translated as "hell" and the KJB translators were rermiss in using the word "hell" indiscriminately for (a) Hades, (b) Tartarus, and (c) Gehenna. It is Gehenna which is the real Hell, and it already exists in outer darkness. It was created for the devil and his angels, and it is Jesus -- the Creator -- who told us this truth.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nancy and marks

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh that avoided the question if it is good to try to seek out God in faith.
Sorry, I didn't really know what the question you asked was about. Certainly it is good to seek God in faith.

That being said, still it remains that if we do not use words the same way God does, then we won't be getting the right idea, will we?

Much love!

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
One of the advantages I anticipate most in heaven is education as I suspect
that God is keeping a massive, fully comprehensive library that can satisfy
all my curiosity-- an archive of information far exceeding the contents of the
great library of Alexandria.

For example: how did the ancient Egyptians build the pyramids? How did the
people of Easter Island move those massive stone heads into position? Is
there an end to space; and if so, what's on the other side? Things like that;
but also nature's secrets too. How did nature fashion those remarkable rock
formations in Utah? Or carve out the Grand Canyon?

There are many mysteries like those that I sincerely hope to find answers to
some day. But people in Hell won't be allowed access to God's library. They
will never get answers to their deepest questions about the cosmos.

* It's tragic that Carl Sagan went to his grave with his curiosity and so many
scientific questions about the cosmos unanswered. Can you imagine how
delighted Carl would've been to explore Heaven's libraries where everything
to know that can be known about the cosmos is stored? But alas, Carl will
never find out because he was at best an agnostic, at worst an atheist.
_

My hope use to be that God would let me come back see the universe he created - IE: looking at the planets and things. While your hope and perhaps it may be so is to access the Libaries maybe those that are outside the gates of the Kingdom...

I wonder if we can go out by the Spirt with-in us to those out there...

I do not know but that is an added hope: from what something of my hope is too, which has changed from worrying about seeing the planets and the stars, maybe there is an access way, that we can help people here (Not so sure).

God is very good though my friend @Webster thank you for sharing this.

Reactions: marks

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sorry, I didn't really know what the question you asked was about. Certainly it is good to seek God in faith.

That being said, still it remains that if we do not use words the same way God does, then we won't be getting the right idea, will we?

Much love!

That depends do you take the Bible as whole and check its contents and context out for yourself to establish an case for you to understand what the Gospels say, and other letters.

Because it's easily to apply the Bible as though it is written to you today - like people who decide to prophesy about the things God will do with the nation of America.

God is good, that is all I know and thank God he is the one who is in control though we have our own will to choose either to learn, grown, and have confidence in fortify oneself in Faith in trusting the Promises of God.

So much things can we differ on but it's fun to see what others have to say, and what they think.

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

* It's tragic that Carl Sagan went to his grave with his curiosity and so many
scientific questions about the cosmos unanswered. Can you imagine how
delighted Carl would've been to explore Heaven's libraries where everything
to know that can be known about the cosmos is stored? But alas, Carl will
never find out because he was at best an agnostic, at worst an atheist.
_
I am terrified for you. You have judged this mans eternal state. You don’t know what happened in that mans last moments. You have been given more than him as your eyes were opened and God was pleased to show His Son to you. That man was given less than you. You are making judgements that have terrified me for you.
im not going to discuss it further. Pray for humility and fear of God so you will keep yourself safe. Have your last word, I’m not going to discuss it further.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That depends do you take the Bible as whole and check its contents and context out for yourself to establish an case for you to understand what the Gospels say, and other letters.
Yes, this is what I mean. And I find that the Bible uses words sometimes differently than we cusomarily do. So we need to be aware of that, and we need to be aware of the Biblical usage.

Much love!

Reactions: MatthewG

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am terrified for you. You have judged this mans eternal state. You don’t know what happened in that mans last moments. You have been given more than him as your eyes were opened and God was pleased to show His Son to you. That man was given less than you. You are making judgements that have terrified me for you.
im not going to discuss it further. Pray for humility and fear of God so you will keep yourself safe. Have your last word, I’m not going to discuss it further.

People do tend to do things like this the great thing is to hold on to what you believe, that is why I suggest that what John states in Revelation 21-22, about those outside the kingdom, I do not know what the tlooks like, but it does give me for sure fire hope that there will be people outside in the darkness, that maybe God will allow us to go help???

God has always been about providing help you know?

Reactions: stunnedbygrace

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, this is what I mean. And I find that the Bible uses words sometimes differently than we cusomarily do. So we need to be aware of that, and we need to be aware of the Biblical usage.

Much love!

Study is such hard work though marks. Sometimes the spirit of Laziness just straight up puts me out of even wanting to go and do in my flesh, but the Spirit of God desires otherwise.

Hoping that soon God will push me do what is good for him, and all credit may it be given to him because he is so good Marks.

Reactions: Nancy and marks

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Because it's easily to apply the Bible as though it is written to you today -
Have you considered, God knew how you would read and understand His Book when He wrote it? That as He caused Jeremiah or Mark or John to write this word and not that word, that we would be discussing that now?

:)

Much love!

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Have you considered, God knew how you would read and understand His Book when He wrote it? That as He caused Jeremiah or Mark or John to write this word and not that word, that we would be discussing that now?

:)

Much love!
Ill tell you this.

I was an big a**hole when I first became a Christian.

I needed help from a teacher, God sent me one to learn from.

Reactions: Nancy

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No it is NOT Hell which is cast into the Lake of Fire (the real Hell) but Hades. That word should never have been translated as "hell" and the KJB translators were rermiss in using the word "hell" indiscriminately for (a) Hades, (b) Tartarus, and (c) Gehenna. It is Gehenna which is the real Hell, and it already exists in outer darkness. It was created for the devil and his angels, and it is Jesus -- the Creator -- who told us this truth.
The scriptures and parables have some mortal men being thrown into outer darkness too. I’m not as certain about everything as you are. I’m where I am in understanding. I do not read where the outer darkness, where some men are cast, (like hypocrites and those who didn’t forgive) is cast into the lake of fire. It terrifies me but I also have hope that it isn’t forever for mortals.
You should continue with your certainty and I will continue with my learning with Gods help.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What puzzles me is why sometimes people will not have any help from someone else who perhaps has been in the Bible a little longer than someone else; they say they do not need a teacher, the spirit will teach them, and they will be fine. I am not gonna disagree that the Holy Spirit can lead you to truth, but it's the contents and context of the Bible - I always thought it was speaking to me - but really it was all about those people back then, and today we have a great gift to go and look back at.

(And I do not mind what others have thoughts on or ideas about it is fine, not everyone will really always believe everything the exact same way, but we will in believing the Gospel.

And what it leads to is, will a individual leave their position of darkness - and start believing in the Light? Will they decide to draw nearer to the light away from the darkness, in which leads to a more fulfilled spiritual life while dying to ourselves and being raised with Christ in faith.

@marks

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Study is such hard work though marks. Sometimes the spirit of Laziness just straight up puts me out of even wanting to go and do in my flesh, but the Spirit of God desires otherwise.

Hoping that soon God will push me do what is good for him, and all credit may it be given to him because he is so good Marks.
I think God already moves you toward what is good.

All my life I've been a reader, SciFi, Mystery, Political Thrillers, I've read thousands of books since I learned to read at 3 years old. It was a little over 20 years ago, there was a certain day in which God just up and removed all desire for other books, and give me an insatiable desire to learn all that was in His Book. He moves us as He wishes, and to me He made study not to be work. Well, I still need to spend the hours, I still need to be diligent, but it's purely a labor of love!

And I am fully confident He will lead you just the same, giving you the desires for that which He wants for you.

Much love!

Reactions: MatthewG

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"Outer Darkness" is named in 3 places,

Matthew 8:10-13 KJV
10) When Jesus heard it, he marvelled, and said to them that followed, Verily I say unto you, I have not found so great faith, no, not in Israel.
11) And I say unto you, That many shall come from the east and west, and shall sit down with Abraham, and Isaac, and Jacob, in the kingdom of heaven.
12) But the children of the kingdom shall be cast out into outer darkness: there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth.
13) And Jesus said unto the centurion, Go thy way; and as thou hast believed, so be it done unto thee. And his servant was healed in the selfsame hour.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Matthew 22:1-14 KJV
1) And Jesus answered and spake unto them again by parables, and said,
2) The kingdom of heaven is like unto a certain king, which made a marriage for his son,
3) And sent forth his servants to call them that were bidden to the wedding: and they would not come.
4) Again, he sent forth other servants, saying, Tell them which are bidden, Behold, I have prepared my dinner: my oxen and my fatlings are killed, and all things are ready: come unto the marriage.
5) But they made light of it, and went their ways, one to his farm, another to his merchandise:
6) And the remnant took his servants, and entreated them spitefully, and slew them.
7) But when the king heard thereof, he was wroth: and he sent forth his armies, and destroyed those murderers, and burned up their city.
8) Then saith he to his servants, The wedding is ready, but they which were bidden were not worthy.
9) Go ye therefore into the highways, and as many as ye shall find, bid to the marriage.
10) So those servants went out into the highways, and gathered together all as many as they found, both bad and good: and the wedding was furnished with guests.
11) And when the king came in to see the guests, he saw there a man which had not on a wedding garment:
12) And he saith unto him, Friend, how camest thou in hither not having a wedding garment? And he was speechless.
13) Then said the king to the servants, Bind him hand and foot, and take him away, and cast him into outer darkness; there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth.
14) For many are called, but few are chosen.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Matthew 25:13-30 KJV
13) Watch therefore, for ye know neither the day nor the hour wherein the Son of man cometh.
14) For the kingdom of heaven is as a man travelling into a far country, who called his own servants, and delivered unto them his goods.
15) And unto one he gave five talents, to another two, and to another one; to every man according to his several ability; and straightway took his journey.
16) Then he that had received the five talents went and traded with the same, and made them other five talents.
17) And likewise he that had received two, he also gained other two.
18) But he that had received one went and digged in the earth, and hid his lord's money.
19) After a long time the lord of those servants cometh, and reckoneth with them.
20) And so he that had received five talents came and brought other five talents, saying, Lord, thou deliveredst unto me five talents: behold, I have gained beside them five talents more.
21) His lord said unto him, Well done, thou good and faithful servant: thou hast been faithful over a few things, I will make thee ruler over many things: enter thou into the joy of thy lord.
22) He also that had received two talents came and said, Lord, thou deliveredst unto me two talents: behold, I have gained two other talents beside them.
23) His lord said unto him, Well done, good and faithful servant; thou hast been faithful over a few things, I will make thee ruler over many things: enter thou into the joy of thy lord.
24) Then he which had received the one talent came and said, Lord, I knew thee that thou art an hard man, reaping where thou hast not sown, and gathering where thou hast not strawed:
25) And I was afraid, and went and hid thy talent in the earth: lo, there thou hast that is thine.
26) His lord answered and said unto him, Thou wicked and slothful servant, thou knewest that I reap where I sowed not, and gather where I have not strawed:
27) Thou oughtest therefore to have put my money to the exchangers, and then at my coming I should have received mine own with usury.
28) Take therefore the talent from him, and give it unto him which hath ten talents.
29) For unto every one that hath shall be given, and he shall have abundance: but from him that hath not shall be taken away even that which he hath.
30) And cast ye the unprofitable servant into outer darkness: there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth.

Webers_Home

Apr 12, 2012
Oregon
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Re: Outer Darkness

Famed rock guitarist Eddie Van Halen passed away in October of 2020. He
was a Roman Catholic. I was one myself for 24 years, so I can say from
personal experience, that it's not easy to get into heaven via that version of
Christianity.

Well; if perchance Eddie failed to make the cut (not saying he didn't; only
saying "if perchance") then he will never again be allowed to even so much
as see a guitar let alone pick one up with his hands.

Can you imagine a talented, pioneering musician like Eddie never again
allowed to do the one thing in life that he loved the most? I mean never
again like as in permanently.

Hell is bad enough for ordinary folk; it must be doubly miserable for creative
people: the poets, the painters, the sculptors, the architects, the fashion
designers, the authors, the choreographers, the gourmet cooks, the
engineers, the scientific geniuses, the explorers, et al.

* According to Luke 16:19-31, people in the netherworld worry about their
surviving relatives . Well; Eddie's ex wife Valerie Bertinelli was raised a
Roman Catholic too. I've no doubt that if perchance Eddie is down there,
he's wishing there were some way to contact Vallerie and let her know
where he is lest she follow him to right he is.

Valerie loves to cook. Well; if perchance Eddie's ex ends up down there;
she'll have access to enough heat for cooking, but of course no ingredients
to work with.
_

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If a man has been given the power to actually do what he tells others to do, I will always give him my ear. And if he is still very fleshy and egoic in his ways, I can still find some good and some help usually but I will give my ear much more to a man who has been given the power to rule over his flesh and tongue.
It wasn’t that way at first with me but I learned that doing was much more important than saying!

Reactions: marks

Webers_Home

Apr 12, 2012
Oregon
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am terrified for you.

Most folks are reasonably comfortable discussing Hell in a bull session that
never gets to the bottom of anything, but it's different when we start putting
faces and names on folks down there. That's a bit too much reality for some.

For example: While preparing for a new world tour, Michael Jackson died in
his sleep. As a result; his tour wrapped on the spot.

He was raised a Jehovah's Witness, but it's possible he may have passed
away believing in Kabbalah, or Islam, or New Age spirituality. Apparently his
religion at death is thus far a mystery.

Well, either way: if traditional Christianity is true and reliable, then Jackson
is likely in a place now for which he was utterly unprepared. And can you
imagine the suffocating stagnation endured by entertainers like him as they
languish day after day, year after year, in an environment where not one
single note of music is ever heard for singing and dancing?
_