Pad or Notebook? Or other than desktop PC

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Amazed@grace

Apr 1, 2021
futurum, ubi non sunt atheus troglodytae
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi, welcome.

I'm using my phone to get online now.
Rather than replacing my desktop PC, I was wondering about instead a pad or notebook.
Something portable and far larger and easier than a phone. Potential for lots of added memory.
Sorry, not all that familiar with computers that are not desktop size.

Please advise if you feel led. :)
Thank you.

Reactions: dev553344

Rita

Staff member
Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I must admit I love the IPad, never had a notebook so I have no idea how they compare. My daughter had notebooks but recently swapped it for an iPad, and is so pleased she did.
Rita

Reactions: Amazed@grace

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I used to have this tablet that I had a keyboard I could hook up to it. It was my favorite, but my husband sat on it and that was the end. LOL. Tablets haven't lasted very long in my house. I think a portable sized/small laptop would be nice, just because it is safer. I use my phone for everything though, mainly because of kids.

Reactions: Amazed@grace

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi, welcome.

Rather than replacing my desktop PC, I was wondering about instead a pad or notebook.
Something portable and far larger and easier than a phone. Potential for lots of added memory.

Thank you.

I use a laptop. They are cheap now days and can be far more reliable than a desktop PC. You can upgrade the memory at the store you buy it. But you should make sure you can with the people at the store and the model you buy. If that's what you mean. Mine is a hand me down laptop and it's actually pretty awesome!

Taodeching

Apr 8, 2021
Southwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi, welcome.

Thank you.

It depends what you need it for. I use laptops and an Amazon Fire but most my laptops. If you want the potential to add memory than you'll need a laptop

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I must admit I love the IPad, never had a notebook so I have no idea how they compare. My daughter had notebooks but recently swapped it for an iPad, and is so pleased she did.
Rita

My mom uses an IPad. I use computers and used to be into super cooling and racing CPU's. I can't imagine not having a computer type. So I got into laptops and I use a keyboard and mouse for ease of use. I don't even use my laptop keyboard. I have a wifi keyboard and mouse.

Amazed@grace

Apr 1, 2021
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I used to have this tablet that I had a keyboard I could hook up to it. It was my favorite, but my husband sat on it and that was the end. LOL.
Computer put to death by backside. lol

Tablets haven't lasted very long in my house. I think a portable sized/small laptop would be nice, just because it is safer. I use my phone for everything though, mainly because of kids.
I too like my phone however , it does have its issues as far as key boarding goes. And comfort with regard to the small size after being so use to the standard desktop PC.

Thank you for the advise. :)

Amazed@grace

Apr 1, 2021
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I use a laptop. They are cheap now days and can be far more reliable than a desktop PC. You can upgrade the memory at the store you buy it. But you should make sure you can with the people at the store and the model you buy. If that's what you mean. Mine is a hand me down laptop and it's actually pretty awesome!
Thank you.:)