Palestinian position on peace with Israel

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

teamventure

Sep 6, 2011
it's not the versus you quote but the enterpretation of everything in context, or better put, out of context.
proove my post #80 is wrong. the land belongs to God and he promised it to Israel/the hebrews. end of story.

Buzzfruit

Aug 21, 2011
Bronx, New York, U.S.A
when God makes a promise, he keeps it. The almighty God doesn't go back on his promises.
All of the promises God made to Israel still stand, and that includes the land of Israel for the jews.

They will never be God's people under the Old Covenant because that Covenant is dead. Jesus was the God of the Old Testament and since death makes void all Covenants it means that God is not obligated. The house of Judah will have to come under the New Covenant. By the way, just to be clear, the Jews (Judah) are not the house of Israel. The tribe of Judah is only one in 12 tribes of Israel.

A new Covenant

Jeremiah 31:31 (ASV)
[sup]31 [/sup]Behold, the days come, saith Jehovah, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah:

It’s the same Covenant that God will make with all Nations. It is the same Covenant that we as Christians are enjoying as we speak. Right now God is only calling a selected few out of various Nations around the world. But during the Millennium God will we be calling Nations to repentance and making them His people.

it's not the versus you quote but the enterpretation of everything in context, or better put, out of context.
proove my post #80 is wrong. the land belongs to God and he promised it to Israel/the hebrews. end of story.

I am not interpreting anything......the scriptures that I post is there for all to see but you ignore them. The scripture (Jeremiah 31:31) that I post above proves that it will be under the New Covenant the Jews and the House of Israel will become God's people.

teamventure

Sep 6, 2011
you ignore God's promise to Israel. do you not believe that Israel has any significance at all? with all of your scripture you need the holy spirit in order to see the light. i'm done with this discusion as we are going in circles.

Foreigner

Apr 14, 2010
you ignore God's promise to Israel. do you not believe that Israel has any significance at all? with all of your scripture you need the holy spirit in order to see the light. i'm done with this discusion as we are going in circles.

-- The people of Israel are God's chosen people.
God said he would never leave them or forsake them.
He also promised that in the end times he would restore Israel - which He has obviously done.

You are correct, Teamventure.
Buzzfruit seems not to want to accept these simple truths.

teamventure

Sep 6, 2011
thanks, foreigner. it's so simple i don't know why people don't understand it.
maybe it's because they choose to believe the lie.

lawrance

Mar 30, 2011
He also promised that in the end times he would restore Israel - which He has obviously done.

Buzzfruit is right because he is not so simple.
Some simple minded people do not understand what Israel is, go back to when someone was called Israel ???? and find out why he was call so, then some may understand the foundation of what Israel is all about as this must be comprehended fully.
I get so sick of blind foolish racists points of views pushed that go no where.

Insight

Aug 7, 2011
"I get so sick of blind foolish racists points of views pushed that go no where"

Can you define these Rosenberger?

I am not being smart and no need to be defensive... just interested in your point of view.

Buzzfruit

Aug 21, 2011
Bronx, New York, U.S.A

Because the only way one can believe that Israel is God chosen people today is if you believe the Old Covenant is still valid today. But under the New Covenant God's chosen people is the Church. So by saying that Israel is still God's chosen people you are saying that God's Church is not God's chosen people.

veteran

Aug 6, 2010
Southeast USA
If God's chosen of Israel does not involve His Church under Christ Jesus, then we are all lost. And I guess the early Church must have also forgot to scrap what Apostle Paul said in Ephesians 2, if Israel is no longer important under Christ Jesus...

Eph 2:11-13
11 Wherefore remember, that ye being in time past Gentiles in the flesh, who are called Uncircumcision by that which is called the Circumcision in the flesh made by hands;
12 That at that time ye were without Christ, being aliens from the commonwealth of Israel, and strangers from the covenants of promise, having no hope, and without God in the world:
13 But now in Christ Jesus ye who sometimes were far off are made nigh by the blood of Christ.
(KJV)

What that means, is that any Gentile that believes on Christ Jesus that does not recognize God's concept of His chosen Israel DO NOT inherit those "covenants of promise" moved to Christ's Church. One of the Promises just so happens to involve The Gospel Promise first given through Abraham by Faith (Gal.3).

Prentis

May 25, 2011
Montreal, Qc
If we are in Christ, we are grafted into Israel. God doesn't have 2 brides!

We are all one in Christ, and form Israel in the Spirit. As it says, not all who are Israel according to the flesh are of Israel, which also opens the possibility for those who are not of Israel according to the flesh, to indeed be Israel.

teamventure

Sep 6, 2011
hey guess what. Jesus is an Israelite/hebrew/jew.
but i guess there's no significance there. (strong sarcasm)

Buzzfruit

Aug 21, 2011
Bronx, New York, U.S.A

The scripture says, "He came to His own and His own received Him not but to those who receives Him, to them He gave the right to become the children of God.

John 1:11-13 (NASB77)
[sup]11 [/sup]He came to His own, and those who were His own did not receive Him.
[sup]12 [/sup]But as many as received Him, to them He gave the right to become children of God, even to those who believe in His name,
[sup]13 [/sup]who were born not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.

So the one who is significant in God's eyes are those who are sons of God born of the Holy Spirit. Remember, Jesus called His people who rejected Him children of Satan. Jesus did not recognize the fact that they were descendant of Abraham.

John 8:39-44 (ASV)
[sup]39 [/sup]They answered and said unto him, Our father is Abraham. Jesus saith unto them, If ye were Abraham's children, ye would do the works of Abraham.
[sup]40 [/sup]But now ye seek to kill me, a man that hath told you the truth, which I heard from God: this did not Abraham.
[sup]41 [/sup]Ye do the works of your father. They said unto him, We were not born of fornication; we have one Father, even God.
[sup]42 [/sup]Jesus said unto them, If God were your Father, ye would love me: for I came forth and am come from God; for neither have I come of myself, but he sent me.
[sup]43 [/sup]Why do ye not understand my speech? Even because ye cannot hear my word.
[sup]44 [/sup]Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father it is your will to do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and standeth not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father thereof.

If Jesus lived in our time in the U.S He would have been labeled as a self-hating Jew or if He was a gentile He would be called a anti-Semite. His attitude was not like so many Christians in the U.S. Jesus was about justice not about I must bless them, even if they are doing what is wrong. The best thing that Jesus ever said about another human being was not to a Jew but a gentile.

Matthew 8:5-10 (ASV)
[sup]5 [/sup]And when he was entered into Capernaum, there came unto him a centurion, beseeching him,
[sup]6 [/sup]and saying, Lord, my servant lieth in the house sick of the palsy, grievously tormented.
[sup]7 [/sup]And he saith unto him, I will come and heal him.
[sup]8 [/sup]And the centurion answered and said, Lord, I am not worthy that thou shouldest come under my roof; but only say the word, and my servant shall be healed.
[sup]9 [/sup]For I also am a man under authority, having under myself soldiers: and I say to this one, Go, and he goeth; and to another, Come, and he cometh; and to my servant, Do this, and he doeth it.
[sup]10 [/sup]And when Jesus heard it, he marvelled, and said to them that followed, Verily I say unto you, I have not found so great faith, no, not in Israel.

The significance is that salvation is of the Jews. First Christ, then his disciples... But then unto all the nations! :)

Jesus' prophecy came to pass.

Matthew 21:42-43 (BBE)
[sup]42 [/sup]Jesus says to them, Did you never see in the Writings, The stone which the builders put on one side, the same has been made the chief stone of the building: this was the Lord's doing, and it is a wonder in our eyes?
[sup]43 [/sup]For this reason I say to you, The kingdom of God will be taken away from you, and will be given to a nation producing the fruits of it.

teamventure

Sep 6, 2011
buzzfruit, are you trying to say that the jews are children of Satan?

buzzfruit explain this statement from your post: If Jesus lived in our time in the U.S He would have been labeled as a self-hating Jew or if He was a gentile He would be called a anti-Semite

Buzzfruit

Aug 21, 2011
Bronx, New York, U.S.A
buzzfruit, are you trying to say that the jews are children of Satan?

I did not say it.....Jesus did. However, Jesus was not saying all Jews were, only those that were antagonistic towards Him and what He was doing. So anyone who fights against the gospel is a child of Satan, Jew or Gentile.

buzzfruit explain this statement from your post: If Jesus lived in our time in the U.S He would have been labeled as a self-hating Jew or if He was a gentile He would be called a anti-Semite

Because Jesus was the Jews biggest critics. You would be hard-pressed to find much praised given to the Jews by Jesus.

And He was rejected by the vast majority of the Jews. What does that tell you?

Foreigner

Apr 14, 2010
Because Jesus was the Jews biggest critics. You would be hard-pressed to find much praised given to the Jews by Jesus.

And He was rejected by the vast majority of the Jews. What does that tell you?

-- Jesus was one of the biggest critiques of the hypocritical Jewish religious leaders, NOT of the Jewish people themselves.

God said that the Jews were his chosen people and that that would never change.

One the cross Jesus Himself said, "Father, forgive them for they know not what they do."

Hardly the words of someone who didn't care for the Jews.

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
neither side is right.

Foreigner

Apr 14, 2010
Buzz,
I would also mention that those who do a blanket condemnation of all Jews likely will find that God has an issue with that.