Parables

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Who is claiming inspiration for any translation? Inspiration is strictly applicable to the original Hebrew and Greek manuscripts (called Autographs).

At the same time, because of the divine preservation of Scripture, we have an excellent representation of the Autographs in both the traditional Hebrew (Masoretic) Text as well as the traditional Greek (Received) Text.
"Non Inspired Version", get it?

tzcho2

Feb 15, 2019
Boston
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Check this boards 'no spam' rules; I would say that starting numerous threads with NO comments or discussion, just ten or so vids, wobbles periously close to spam.

And as I said, I don't have a gripe that it's because he's posting Dispensational content. I'd have a problem if an Amillennialist posted numerous vids like that. The point is, this is NOT Youtube. It's a conversation board.
My point about the strawman is this: CoreIssue will often make accusations about Amillennialism that are just not based on what we believe. He builds a strawman argument to tear down. One of the reasons I listen to Dispensational teachers on my own time is so that if and when I disagree with the teaching, I know that it is based on what they actually think and teach; what they believe. I want to make sure I understand them correctly.
:) Aw so now we are getting somewhere, seems you've had disagreement with CI on certain doctrinal beliefs--that's fair and normal.
So why not present your explanation & biblical defense of Amillennialism or any other topic that is brought up by these presenting videos instead of complaining about the posting of videos itself which is just an effort to mask the real reason.

Another option is to work out your differences in a personal conversation to alleviate personal resentments and allow for friendly debates and disagreements about doctrines.

But claiming the videos are spam is actually an example of a strawman & is not a good camouflage because this really comes down to differences in opinion on Christian doctrines.
Btw, saw you are in Australia , hows it in your parts? are you experiencing the bad droughts?

Last edited:

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
:rolleyes: It wasn't meant to be a complaint, just an explanation why some of us are choosing NOT to watch the multiple vids you are posting. Which, posted as they are, without any attempt of opinion, conversation or explanation on your part, borders on spam. (That was a complaint.)
The videos themselves are comments and conversation.

On all the threads videos I posted personal opinions.

Nice thing about a video is you can turn them on and listen while you're doing something else. You do not have to stare at the screen all the time.

Is like with certain posters that are so far out there and I see their names I don't read their posts.

You make no sense. When the videos cover the points I want to make why should I spend hours typing?

When you watch the news on TV that is watching a video. To which you cannot respond or engage in conversation.

Your argument does not make sense.

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Who is claiming inspiration for any translation? Inspiration is strictly applicable to the original Hebrew and Greek manuscripts (called Autographs).

At the same time, because of the divine preservation of Scripture, we have an excellent representation of the Autographs in both the traditional Hebrew (Masoretic) Text as well as the traditional Greek (Received) Text.
That is a false claim.

The RT is not taken from the original autographs. By the 15th century the autographs were long gone.

The RT was a Catholic presentation by Erasmus.

Naomi25

Aug 10, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The CIA engages in plausible deniability; politicians embellish strawmen to perceived plausibility.

(Ugh!)
But do they really? Is it just me, or are the politicians getting either lazy, or stupid? It just seems to me that they don't even try very hard any more. Outright lies that aren't even hard to see through. Because so many issues are based on 'feelings' now, rather than right or wrong or verifiable facts, they just spout what they want and hope a lot of people 'feel' the same way, which will get them the votes. It's insane!

Reactions: farouk

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But do they really? Is it just me, or are the politicians getting either lazy, or stupid? It just seems to me that they don't even try very hard any more. Outright lies that aren't even hard to see through. Because so many issues are based on 'feelings' now, rather than right or wrong or verifiable facts, they just spout what they want and hope a lot of people 'feel' the same way, which will get them the votes. It's insane!
The ends justify the means.

Naomi25

Aug 10, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
:) Aw so now we are getting somewhere, seems you've had disagreement with CI on certain doctrinal beliefs--that's fair and normal.
So why not present your explanation & biblical defense of Amillennialism or any other topic that is brought up by these presenting videos instead of complaining about the posting of videos itself which is just an effort to mask the real reason.

Another option is to work out your differences in a personal conversation to alleviate personal resentments and allow for friendly debates and disagreements about doctrines.

But claiming the videos are spam is actually an example of a strawman & is not a good camouflage because this really comes down to differences in opinion on Christian doctrines.
Btw, saw you are in Australia , hows it in your parts? are you experiencing the bad droughts?

:D Oh, CoreIssue and I have been disagreeing for ages! It's no secret, and I'm in no way attempting to pout on this issue just to get an extra dig in on him. Honestly, I don't see the need! I'm quite open about how our 'relationship' has gone, and anyone reading back is clear to see it too I suppose. I'm always happy to talk to Dispensationalists, even though I disagree with their doctrinal stance. All I want to do is to wrestle back and forth with the bible passages. Come on! Let's see what the bible has to say on these things! CI however, no matter how many times I ask for scripture and good, decent conversation about it, tends to post only his dismissive opinions. To him, I'm a stinking Amillennialist. I'm not exactly sure if he thinks he doesn't NEED to post scripture to a person like me, because I'm not worth it, or if that's just him. Anyway, he's often cranky, dismissive and takes one look at the bible verses I present and just says "that's dumb, your an Amillennialist, of course you'd say that." Which, is a little unfair, in the spirit of trying to discuss things on a biblical front, I'd say.

But in terms of this video thing? Truly...nothing to do with that. Everything to do with the fact that every time I see CI has started a thread with an interesting title and I go, 'huh, that sounds interesting, wonder what he's got to say on that'...and then I go there and it's just 8 vids of some other dudes talking about it and not a single thought from CI on it at all...then that is exactly the opposite of what I come to a chat board for. It IS just my opinion, but I'd expect most people don't come here for that either.

But, whatever. I'm going to drop it.
Yes, it's very dry here in Australia. We haven't got the worst of the drought, but if it doesn't rain and rain well here soon, things will get hairy.

Reactions: DNB

Naomi25

Aug 10, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The videos themselves are comments and conversation.

On all the threads videos I posted personal opinions.

Nice thing about a video is you can turn them on and listen while you're doing something else. You do not have to stare at the screen all the time.

Is like with certain posters that are so far out there and I see their names I don't read their posts.

You make no sense. When the videos cover the points I want to make why should I spend hours typing?

When you watch the news on TV that is watching a video. To which you cannot respond or engage in conversation.

Your argument does not make sense.

To me it makes perfect sense! But, that's how it always goes, yes? We always make sense to ourselves?
Well, continue to knock youself out if you like doing it...I doubt my personal opinion on your practices is going to make you loose any sleep. :p

Naomi25

Aug 10, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The ends justify the means.
So they believe. And I think too often they get away with it. It's a scary future. And...I must hand it to you Dispensationalists....in terms of the social/political/economic front, things seem to be lining up. Not that those things in any way oppose what Amillennialists teach...!

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
To me it makes perfect sense! But, that's how it always goes, yes? We always make sense to ourselves?
Well, continue to knock youself out if you like doing it...I doubt my personal opinion on your practices is going to make you loose any sleep. :p
I fully plan to keep doing what I'm doing.

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So they believe. And I think too often they get away with it. It's a scary future. And...I must hand it to you Dispensationalists....in terms of the social/political/economic front, things seem to be lining up. Not that those things in any way oppose what Amillennialists teach...!
It's like lining up dominoes knock them over.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Jesus put it this way....'leave them, they are blind guides' There is value in knowing the score, the sooner the better.
The tares grow with the wheat till harvest time.

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
quietthinker Is a Jehovah's Witness. You cannot compare their beliefs with ours.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
quietthinker Is a Jehovah's Witness. You cannot compare their beliefs with ours.
LOL.....CoreIssue lives in delusion by choice. Its the only way his front is maintained to himself. He is so sure his conclusions are right he is prepared to label others with whatever takes his fancy.

Naomi25

Aug 10, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
It's like lining up dominoes knock them over.
It makes for some interesting watching. Even disagreeing, as I do, it would be foolish of me not to know the alternatives, and to watch, I believe. So I do...

Naomi25

Aug 10, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Jesus put it this way....'leave them, they are blind guides' There is value in knowing the score, the sooner the better.
The tares grow with the wheat till harvest time.
Blind guides...or mistaken people? Should we, as Christians step up more? Should we be more active in politics? Although I shudder to think...
But yes...I suppose when talking about Pollies who merrily lead people on a track of false promises....probably you are right.

Last edited:
B

Butterfly

But in terms of this video thing? Truly...nothing to do with that. Everything to do with the fact that every time I see CI has started a thread with an interesting title and I go, 'huh, that sounds interesting, wonder what he's got to say on that'...and then I go there and it's just 8 vids of some other dudes talking about it and not a single thought from CI on it at all...then that is exactly the opposite of what I come to a chat board for. It IS just my opinion, but I'd expect most people don't come here for that either.
This is how I feel- I did click on a video on the thread about modesty, must admit I found the points interesting - so one video , as a starting point for discussion is not too bad, problem is I cannot go back to the thread because the multiple videos cause my IPad to freeze, so even that's saying it's had enough !
Rita

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Label a person and you have no need to deal with a challenge or a question. It's been used a long time by any who desire to snow the audience. Having said that, there is a benefit....it reveals something fundamental ie, how the logic flows: from the label to the deduction.