Parables

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Is he? I'm not exactly sure what I'm expected to do with that information,
Ohhhh, you were meant to agree.....the deduction was, 'You cannot compare their beliefs with ours'. Sliiiiippery :)

Naomi25

Aug 10, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
This is how I feel- I did click on a video on the thread about modesty, must admit I found the points interesting - so one video , as a starting point for discussion is not too bad, problem is I cannot go back to the thread because the multiple videos cause my IPad to freeze, so even that's saying it's had enough !
Rita
Nice to know I'm not alone!

Naomi25

Aug 10, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Ohhhh, you were meant to agree.....the deduction was, 'You cannot compare their beliefs with ours'. Sliiiiippery :)
Thank you...but I think your applying a degree of subtly to me, that I'm just not capable of!

tzcho2

Feb 15, 2019
Boston
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, it's very dry here in Australia. We haven't got the worst of the drought, but if it doesn't rain and rain well here soon, things will get hairy.
Sorry about your lack of rain you guys are dealing with Naomi25. The climate irregularities, I think God is giving warnings, the time of the gentiles is coming to an end- but that is another subject :).

tzcho2

Feb 15, 2019
Boston
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Label a person and you have no need to deal with a challenge or a question. It's been used a long time by any who desire to snow the audience. Having said that, there is a benefit....it reveals something fundamental ie, how the logic flows: from the label to the deduction.
"Labeling a person" is quite a different thing then identifying Jehovah witness beliefs that have placed themselves outside of the rest of orthodox Christianity & have indeed been self- labeling themselves as "Jehovah's Witnesses" & because of their founder Charles Taze Russell.

Naomi25

Aug 10, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Sorry about your lack of rain you guys are dealing with Naomi25. The climate irregularities, I think God is giving warnings, the time of the gentiles is coming to an end- but that is another subject :).
Well, you could be right about that, certainly things are not normal.

Harvest 1874

Apr 1, 2018
Tampa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"Labeling a person" is quite a different thing then identifying Jehovah witness beliefs that have placed themselves outside of the rest of orthodox Christianity & have indeed been self- labeling themselves as "Jehovah's Witnesses" & because of their founder Charles Taze Russell.

When are you people going to get your facts straight, Charles Russell was not the founder of the Jehovah's Witnesses, Judge Rutherford was. When he took control of the Watch Tower after the Pastors death the first thing he did was to begin to purge out all of Russell's teachings as well as those who held them and to replace them with his own teachings and with those who believe as he did.

The only thing that the new organization has in common with the old is some of the more basic fundamental truths (some of the first principle doctrines) this and the former title of the organization, The Watch Tower Bible and Tract Society and even this they have modified.

tzcho2

Feb 15, 2019
Boston
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When are you people going to get your facts straight, Charles Russell was not the founder of the Jehovah's Witnesses, Judge Rutherford was. When he took control of the Watch Tower after the Pastors death the first thing he did was to begin to purge out all of Russell's teachings as well as those who held them and to replace them with his own teachings and with those who believe as he did.

The only thing that the new organization has in common with the old is some of the more basic fundamental truths (some of the first principle doctrines) this and the former title of the organization, The Watch Tower Bible and Tract Society and even this they have modified.
Sorry to have to tell you , but Christianity doesn't have Cult leaders--Jehovah's witnesses does.

Harvest 1874

Apr 1, 2018
Tampa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Actually, there are plenty of cult leaders within Christianity.

Most certainly even as our Lord forewarned there would be. (Matt 24:11, 24) The Apostle likewise warned us of such, saying “grievous wolves” would enter the flock disguised as sheep themselves (posing as messengers of light, of truth), and would not spare the flock (Acts 20:29-30).

Reactions: RR144

DNB

Dec 8, 2019
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Well, as far as Parables are concerned, which I imagine, this is what this thread is about (so many vids, too daunting to investigate)?
They are extremely effective as far as exposing the weeds from the tares. For I equate them, in that respect, with the concept of faith.
Faith cannot be legislated, it is entirely intangible, and yet, God implemented it as the means towards salvation. How profound.
For, even a fool or charlatan can abide by the mechanics of legalism, at least as far as the exterior bears testimony.
Thus, as far as I'm concerned, faith is wisdom, for it reveals the depth and understanding of the beholder.
Parables have the same tendency to confound the shallow of thought, and enlighten the wise and prudent.
Speak a parable to an audience, and you will quickly divide the room between the faithful, and the dull at heart.

TheAngelBand

Jan 29, 2020
Virginia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
For those interested I'm doing a series on the parables on youtube. We'll be looking at a new one every Tuesday for those who wish to participate!

May the Lord add His blessing to His Word!

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
For those interested I'm doing a series on the parables on youtube. We'll be looking at a new one every Tuesday for those who wish to participate!

May the Lord add His blessing to His Word!

Well I have now looked at all of your threads.

So it seems to me that you have not joined us here to discuss 'with us' in all the various thread on here...but you are here just as a platform for you own videos. o_O

Kind of a one man band it seems.

Have fun bro.