Path of Constancy

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Netchaplain

Ordained Chaplain
Oct 12, 2011
Missouri
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Only He who has created foreknows the direction which all choose to travel, which from the point of incarnation is a constant, and never changes! He knows “the end from the beginning“ (Isa 46:10) of all things and therefore knows if our direction of travel will always be either toward Him or away from Him.

One might have the understanding that we can at times traverse toward God and then away from Him or even back again toward Him, but this would conflict with the reasoning that since one’s end will be apart from God, there is only one direction that can to be traveled. It doesn’t matter which way we think we are traveling, if our overall desire isn’t always to move towards God—who is forever blessed above all!

Reactions: Helen and farouk

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Only He who has created foreknows the direction which all choose to travel, which from the point of incarnation is a constant, and never changes! He knows “the end from the beginning“ (Isa 46:10) of all things and therefore knows if our direction of travel will always be either toward Him or away from Him.

One might have the understanding that we can at times traverse toward God and then away from Him or even back again toward Him, but this would conflict with the reasoning that since one’s end will be apart from God, there is only one direction that can to be traveled. It doesn’t matter which way we think we are traveling, if our overall desire isn’t always to move towards God—who is forever blessed above all!
I do like the Alpha and Omega considerations of Revelation 1.

Reactions: Helen

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Reminds me of this . . .

Romans 8
28 And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.
29 For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.
30 Moreover whom he did predestinate, them he also called: and whom he called, them he also justified: and whom he justified, them he also glorified.
31 What shall we then say to these things? If God be for us, who can be against us?

God knows the direction His children are going, and everything is under His care!
Much love!

Reactions: farouk and Helen

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
He knows “the end from the beginning“ (Isa 46:10) of all things and therefore knows if our direction of travel will always be either toward Him or away from Him.

That reminds me of the wise man who said:-

"When you cannot feel His Presence , ask yourself, who move?" o_O

Christian in Pilgrims Progress went off the road. He lay down and fell asleep.

Yet I believe that whenever our hearts grow cold....The Father will always faithfully and lovingly blow on the dying embers until they alight again.

"If we believe not, yet He abideth faithful: He cannot deny Himself. "
2 Tim 2:13

Reactions: Dave L

Netchaplain

Ordained Chaplain
Oct 12, 2011
Missouri
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Reminds me of this . . .

Romans 8
28 And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.
29 For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.
30 Moreover whom he did predestinate, them he also called: and whom he called, them he also justified: and whom he justified, them he also glorified.
31 What shall we then say to these things? If God be for us, who can be against us?

God knows the direction His children are going, and everything is under His care!
Much love!
True, and as it has been said, "We've always been on His mind!

Reactions: farouk and marks

Netchaplain

Ordained Chaplain
Oct 12, 2011
Missouri
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That reminds me of the wise man who said:-

"When you cannot feel His Presence , ask yourself, who move?" o_O

Christian in Pilgrims Progress went off the road. He lay down and fell asleep.

Yet I believe that whenever our hearts grow cold....The Father will always faithfully and lovingly blow on the dying embers until they alight again.

"If we believe not, yet He abideth faithful: He cannot deny Himself. "
2 Tim 2:13
Yes, God never leaves us alone, and nothing enters the lives of those who are (and will be) His without His tender control of it all! Knowing this suffices all!

Netchaplain

Ordained Chaplain
Oct 12, 2011
Missouri
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Really good way of putting it! :)
Thanks, and that's what I though first time I read it. God's omniscience answers more of the spiritual growth truths than any other attribute. One good puzzler here is when did They decide to create man, of which They also had foreknowledge!?*#