Pathway to Holiness

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1 Thessalonians 3:11-13 KJV
11) Now God himself and our Father, and our Lord Jesus Christ, direct our way unto you.
12) And the Lord make you to increase and abound in love one toward another, and toward all men, even as we do toward you:
13) To the end he may stablish your hearts unblameable in holiness before God, even our Father, at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ with all his saints.

Romans 12:1-2 KJV
1) I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service.
2) And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.

1 John 3:14-19 KJV
14) We know that we have passed from death unto life, because we love the brethren. He that loveth not his brother abideth in death.
15) Whosoever hateth his brother is a murderer: and ye know that no murderer hath eternal life abiding in him.
16) Hereby perceive we the love of God, because he laid down his life for us: and we ought to lay down our lives for the brethren.
17) But whoso hath this world's good, and seeth his brother have need, and shutteth up his bowels of compassion from him, how dwelleth the love of God in him?
18) My little children, let us not love in word, neither in tongue; but in deed and in truth.
19) And hereby we know that we are of the truth, and shall assure our hearts before him.

Philippians 2:12-13 KJV
12) Wherefore, my beloved, as ye have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling.
13) For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure.

God is working in you, to make you want to, and able to do what pleases Him.

Love is the proof that we've passed from death to life.

We are transformed by our minds being renewed, this is passive voice, meaning, we aren't renewing our own minds, God is doing that.

God's work in us is to increase our love towards others, "To the end he may stablish your hearts unblameable in holiness before God."

Let God renew your mind to love, and He will establish you in holiness. Through love.

Much love!

Reactions: ScottA

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
11) Now God himself and our Father, and our Lord Jesus Christ, direct our way unto you.
12) And the Lord make you to increase and abound in love one toward another, and toward all men, even as we do toward you:
13) To the end he may stablish your hearts unblameable in holiness before God, even our Father, at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ with all his saints.

1) I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service.
2) And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.

14) We know that we have passed from death unto life, because we love the brethren. He that loveth not his brother abideth in death.
15) Whosoever hateth his brother is a murderer: and ye know that no murderer hath eternal life abiding in him.
16) Hereby perceive we the love of God, because he laid down his life for us: and we ought to lay down our lives for the brethren.
17) But whoso hath this world's good, and seeth his brother have need, and shutteth up his bowels of compassion from him, how dwelleth the love of God in him?
18) My little children, let us not love in word, neither in tongue; but in deed and in truth.
19) And hereby we know that we are of the truth, and shall assure our hearts before him.

12) Wherefore, my beloved, as ye have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling.
13) For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure.

We are transformed by our minds being renewed, this is passive voice, meaning, we aren't renewing our own minds, God is doing that.

God's work in us is to increase our love towards others, "To the end he may stablish your hearts unblameable in holiness before God."

Let God renew your mind to love, and He will establish you in holiness. Through love.

Much love!

Can you answer my question in the other post? I want to know if you have changed your understanding or are of the same mindset as before.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Galatians 5:5-6 KJV
5) For we through the Spirit wait for the hope of righteousness by faith.
6) For in Jesus Christ neither circumcision availeth any thing, nor uncircumcision; but faith which worketh by love.

Faith which works by love.

God is love. We are being conformed to the image of Christ.

1 John 3:16 KJV

1 John 4:9 KJV
9) In this was manifested the love of God toward us, because that God sent his only begotten Son into the world, that we might live through him.

Ephesians 4:22-24 KJV
22) That ye put off concerning the former conversation the old man, which is corrupt according to the deceitful lusts;
23) And be renewed in the spirit of your mind;
24) And that ye put on the new man, which after God is created in righteousness and true holiness.

Learning to love others is to put off the old man who does not love, and to put on the new man who loves. In doing so, we deny ourselves, and take up our cross, to do as Jesus did, to love others with all we have and all we are, and as we learn to love as Jesus loves, this is to be established in holiness. Our love for others is the doorway for God to love them through us. God working His work to others through us, this is our being set aside for His use, to love, in holiness, serving God only, from a heart . . . that loves.

Much love!

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
www.CheeseburgersWithGod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Much love!
I like it!

Isn't it strange/fascinating that at the same time there grows a great divide between good and evil, light and darkness?

Reactions: marks

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I like it!

Isn't it strange/fascinating that at the same time there grows a great divide between good and evil, light and darkness?
Good and evil, light and darkness . . .

I've been finding lately that I've not been so focused on particular things I'm doing or not doing, but instead, I'm learning to focus on the "brightness" of my life, that is to say, the feeling and perception of walking in the light as opposed to walking in darkness.

It's not so much about what I'm actually doing, more like, where is my mind, where is my focus, is it light? Or darkness? Making sure I'm centered in walking in the light brings with it everything else.

If I'm discerning that I'm in trust, and in love, then that's enough, and the rest of life just conforms to those things.

And yes, the divide seems to grow greater day by day, and the same for the darkness in the world, it grows darker day by day.

Much love!

Reactions: lforrest and ScottA

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
www.CheeseburgersWithGod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Good and evil, light and darkness . . .

I've been finding lately that I've not been so focused on particular things I'm doing or not doing, but instead, I'm learning to focus on the "brightness" of my life, that is to say, the feeling and perception of walking in the light as opposed to walking in darkness.

It's not so much about what I'm actually doing, more like, where is my mind, where is my focus, is it light? Or darkness? Making sure I'm centered in walking in the light brings with it everything else.

If I'm discerning that I'm in trust, and in love, then that's enough, and the rest of life just conforms to those things.

And yes, the divide seems to grow greater day by day, and the same for the darkness in the world, it grows darker day by day.

Much love!
You're a better man than me Marks ;)

Don't forget to rest. Breath.

Reactions: marks

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I've always thought this song embodies the heart of the Christian walk.

Much love!

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa

Much love!
...you forgot the Passive, MIDDLE VOICE...

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
...you forgot the Passive, MIDDLE VOICE...
Reflexive (done to myself) or passive (done to me) (Passive/Middle) when it's about being conformed to this world. Passive Voice (done to me) when it's about being transformed by the renewing of our minds.

Romans 8:29 KJV
For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.

2 Corinthians 3:18 KJV
But we all, with open face beholding as in a glass the glory of the Lord, are changed into the same image from glory to glory, even as by the Spirit of the Lord.

This is why the new commandment, "love as I have loved you".

Romans 5:5 KJV
And hope maketh not ashamed; because the love of God is shed abroad in our hearts by the Holy Ghost which is given unto us.

We "work out" (performance) what God "works in", renewing us, to both want to do and be able to do what pleases Him. This is love.

Much love!

Last edited: