Paul’s very clear warning about today’s #1 disastrous doctrine

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

H. Richard

Sep 16, 2015
Southeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Zachary said:
Isn't it obvious that I do NOT believe ALL of our sins (past, present, future) were taken care of on the Cross.
BTW, your Scripture does NOT say ALL iniquities (past, present, future).
IMO, the iniquities of ALL believers up to the point of receiving the Spirit were taken care of.

There are NT verses written to the churches about present repentance bringing/keeping eternal life.
Yes it is obvious that you do not believe His work on the cross atoned for all of your sins. That is because religious people do not want His work to atone for the sins of the people because they wish to enslave others under their sins.

Isa 53:5-6
5 But He was wounded for our transgressions, He was bruised for our iniquities; The chastisement for our peace was upon Him, And by His stripes we are healed.
6 All we like sheep have gone astray; We have turned, every one, to his own way; And the Lord has laid on Him the iniquity of us all.
NKJV

You stated "BTW, your Scripture does NOT say ALL iniquities (past, present, future)."

The scripture does not limit His work on the cross to past sins only. Only you are doing that.

Yours is some kind of religion. It says God saved you up until now but then you have to keep yourself saved. When Jesus said it was finished He was really saying He just started the work of salvation now it is up to sinful man to stop sinning. This leaves me to wonder just what He set you free from..

Zachary

Sep 24, 2015
B.C., Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
OzSpen said:
I found the article, 'Do Christians have to keep asking for forgiveness for their sins?', to be helpful in understanding this topic.
Above is not Scripture ... it is just man's opinion.

Mine is that repenting of your sins as you move forward ...
is a strong indication that you have the correct and acceptable heart attitude toward God.

And 1 John 1:7-9 promises they will be cleansed away by Jesus' precious blood.

Zachary

Sep 24, 2015
B.C., Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
H. Richard said:
This leaves me to wonder just what He set you free from..
The Lord Jesus baptized me with the Holy Spirit,
and also He set me free from being closed-minded.
I have approached the NT with an OPEN heart and mind.
I have had absolutely NO previous biases or doctrines.

But you, you are blind to the multitudes of NT verses,
which WARN believers in the churches about the ramifications of ...
falling away from the faith, falling from grace, drawing back to perdition, etc.
Not to mention gaining eternal death, gaining hell, etc.

But, maybe you're off the hook; maybe you're not a believer in a church.

OzSpen

Mar 30, 2015
Brisbane, Qld., Australia
spencer.gear.dyndns.org
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Zachary said:

is a strong indication that you have the correct and acceptable heart attitude toward God.

Zachary,

You don't like the teaching of GodQuestions? on this topic because 'it is just man's opinion'. So what do you give? Just your opinion!

You have given a self-defeating (or self-refuting) statement. You have made a statement that fails to meet your own standard of being opposed to 'just man's opinion'. So, Zachary, your statement cannot live up to your own criteria.

Oz

OzSpen

Mar 30, 2015
spencer.gear.dyndns.org
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Zachary said:
I have approached the NT with an OPEN heart and mind.
I have had absolutely NO previous biases or doctrines.
Zachary,

Have you been living in a vacuum all of your life? Unless you have had zero influences on you down through the years, there is no way that you (or anyone else) can conclude that they have 'absolutely NO previous biases or doctrines'.

For you to make this kind of statement means that someone or something has influenced you to reach this decision. Having 'absolutely NO previous biases or doctrines' is a view that promotes a bias and doctrine. It's another example of one your your self-defeating statements.

Oz

H. Richard

Sep 16, 2015
Southeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Zachary said:

So it is your opinion that if a person, fails to repent of sins at the last minute of their life they will not be saved. Explain to me just what is it that you have faith in?

Can you tell me the difference between the Pharisee and the tax collector?

Luke 18:9-14 The Parable of the Pharisee and the Tax Collector
9 Also He spoke this parable to some who trusted in themselves that they were righteous, and despised others:
10 "Two men went up to the temple to pray, one a Pharisee and the other a tax collector.
11 The Pharisee stood and prayed thus with himself,'God, I thank You that I am not like other men — extortioners, unjust, adulterers, or even as this tax collector.
12 I fast twice a week; I give tithes of all that I possess.'
13 And the tax collector, standing afar off, would not so much as raise his eyes to heaven, but beat his breast, saying, 'God, be merciful to me a sinner!'
14 I tell you, this man went down to his house justified rather than the other; for everyone who exalts himself will be humbled, and he who humbles himself will be exalted."
NKJV

Now before you go off the deep in let us notice something. It was never said that the tax collector quit his job and never sinned again. That would only be a religious assumption. The important thing is that the tax collector humbled himself'. Every child of God acknowledges that they live in a sinful body that sins.

OzSpen

Mar 30, 2015
spencer.gear.dyndns.org
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Zachary said:
Yes, I'm here with the audacity to state that ...

Those who are involved in habitual (unrepentant) sinning
are playing with fire, as they are gambling with their salvation!

Multitudes of NT verses WARN that OSAS is a false doctrine!

The Lord demands some accountability from His believers!
Let's just post one warning ...

Romans 8:
[SIZE=medium]12 Therefore, brethren, we are debtors — not to the flesh, to live according to the flesh. [/SIZE]
[SIZE=medium]13 For if you live according to the flesh you will die; [/SIZE]
[SIZE=medium]but if by the Spirit you put to death the deeds of the body, you will live. [/SIZE]
[SIZE=medium]14 For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, these are sons of God. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]This "debtors" business is about accountability, about co-operating with God the Holy Spirit.[/SIZE]
Zachary,

You take one clause from my paragraph, '... you have the audacity to state that ...', and make it state what I did not state. I stated in #22, 'You accused me of stating that Eph 2:8-9 says nothing about "alone". But then you have the audacity to state that in these 2 verses, "It doesn't even guarantee this grace will last until death". Where do these 2 verses reach that conclusion of yours?'

You created a straw man fallacy of what I did not state, to push your own agenda. I consider it to be subterfuge when you skew my writings to make them state what I didn't state.

Seems as though you are practising a dance from the 1960s in your language and reasoning, The Twist.

Oz

H. Richard

Sep 16, 2015
Southeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
These verse are about where a person has placed their faith. Is in God’s work or their own works?

Rom 8:1-16
8 There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.

A child of God walks in the Spirit and has no confidence in the flesh. -- Phil 3:3
For we are the circumcision, who worship God in the Spirit, rejoice in Christ Jesus, and have no confidence in the flesh, -- NKJV

2 For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death.

A person who has faith in the shed blood of Jesus on the cross is set free from the law.

3 For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh:
4 That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.

5 For they that are after the flesh do mind the things of the flesh; but they that are after the Spirit the things of the Spirit.

Those that place their faith in their religious activities to save them are walking in the flesh.

6 For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace.
7 Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.
8 So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God.

Those that depend on their religious activities are not pleasing God. They are against the plan of God’s grace.

9 But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.
10 And if Christ be in you, the body is dead because of sin; but the Spirit is life because of righteousness.

We see in verse 10 that the child of God’s body of sin is dead even though the child still lives in it.

11 But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwelleth in you.
12 Therefore, brethren, we are debtors, not to the flesh, to live after the flesh.

This has nothing to do with the natural sins of the flesh. How can it since the body of sin is already dead. It is all about man’s efforts in the flesh to save himself.

13 For if ye live after the flesh, ye shall die: but if ye through the Spirit do mortify the deeds of the body, ye shall live.

mortify = to feel shame, humilition, chagrin

If you are trying to be saved by the works of the flesh you will die.

14 For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.
15 For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father.
16 The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God:
KJV

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
H. Richard said:
I have a question. Is Paul walking after the Spirit spiritually or physically in Romans 7? He seems to be saying that he is walking after the spirit and the flesh at the same time. How can that be explained by those that say it must be one or the other?

I have had many to accuse me of having a "license to sin". But isn't having a "repentance card" that a person can use to get over their sins the same thing?
:)
good one.

Ya, the way most ppl understand "repentance," it is. You cannot sin against someone and then go ask Jesus to forgive you, and do some penance; it just doesn't work that way.
Try it, and see; and then go have a mutual friend ask the one you sinned against if they have forgiven you!

Zachary

Sep 24, 2015
B.C., Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
H. Richard said:
So it is your opinion that if a person, fails to repent of sins at the last minute of their life they will not be saved.
This has nothing to do with a person who has had ...
the correct and acceptable heart attitude toward God.

Reactions: bbyrd009

Tropical Islander

Dec 20, 2013
Romans 3:24 Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus: Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God;

for the remission of sins that are past = true gospel, according to Paul

the ones that oppose Paul without knowing change that to "all of our sins" (past, present, future) = gnostic fake gospel, so they basically will not get disturbed by remorse in their sinning. Of course without realizing that their mind intellectually tricked them with that little half truth that basically is a Luciferian interpretation to keep repentance out and sin alive and doing its work.

I agree it's a 'disastrous doctrine' brainwashing a whole generation of would be Christians with a "sin is harmless because it's already dealt with" doctrine.
yes it has been dealt with, now Jesus wants to deal with us until we agree with Paul in Romans 3:24 and loose the false interpretation of a spiritually bankrupt theology.

Reactions: bbyrd009

Phi Run Ltd

Feb 26, 2017
i have a question....

why do you all discuss what paul wrote when discussing issues regarding sins?

H. Richard

Sep 16, 2015
Southeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Tropical Islander said:
Romans 3:24 Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus: Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God;

for the remission of sins that are past = true gospel, according to Paul

the ones that oppose Paul without knowing change that to "all of our sins" (past, present, future) = gnostic fake gospel, so they basically will not get disturbed by remorse in their sinning. Of course without realizing that their mind intellectually tricked them with that little half truth that basically is a Luciferian interpretation to keep repentance out and sin alive and doing its work.

I agree it's a 'disastrous doctrine' brainwashing a whole generation of would be Christians with a "sin is harmless because it's already dealt with" doctrine.
yes it has been dealt with, now Jesus wants to deal with us until we agree with Paul in Romans 3:24 and loose the false interpretation of a spiritually bankrupt theology.
THE REST OF THE STORY.

Rom 3:21-26 God's Righteousness Through Faith
21 But now the righteousness of God apart from the law is revealed, being witnessed by the Law and the Prophets,
22 even the righteousness of God, through faith in Jesus Christ, to all and on all who believe. For there is no difference;
23 for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God,
24 being justified freely by His grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus,
25 whom God set forth as a propitiation by His blood, through faith, to demonstrate His righteousness, because in His forbearance God had passed over the sins that were previously committed,
26 to demonstrate at the present time His righteousness, that He might be just and the justifier of the one who has faith in Jesus.
NKJV

God could not account a person sinless until Jesus shed His blood to atone (pay) for them. It certainly does not say that Jesus' shed blood only atones (pays) for past sins as Tropical Islande states.

Zachary

Sep 24, 2015
B.C., Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Phi Run Ltd said:
i have a question....
why do you all discuss what paul wrote when discussing issues regarding sins?
Simply because Paul was trained by Jesus Himself for 17 years in the desert regions ...
to be tactful, edifying, exhorting, encouraging, etc. especially for the sake of the Baby Believers.

To the which being ... Jesus was NOT involved any of these things for His 3 1/2 years!

Over and out ... from Cave #3792364 ... in Galaxy #294680264 ...