Paul And The Law

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
You were no doubt in third grade? If you could go back, and form sentences the way you did then, most Americans could understand what you are saying.
still tryna drive huh Dave well i skipped third grade ok but if you go back a much shorter distance, 5-6 posts, you will find a remedy more practical to the current situation imo? Or you might recall the last time we did that and the result, which i have kept on file btw. 'Member? but you could search "rephrase Dave" posted by member "bbyrd009" if you want, prolly in there too

H. Richard

Sep 16, 2015
Southeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Dave, what do you do with these verses?

Gal 3:1-3
1 O foolish Galatians! Who has bewitched you that you should not obey the truth, before whose eyes Jesus Christ was clearly portrayed among you as crucified?
2 This only I want to learn from you: Did you receive the Spirit by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith?
3 Are you so foolish? Having begun in the Spirit, are you now being made perfect by the flesh?
NKJV

Simple put are you now being made perfect by what YOU do?

D

Dave L

still tryna drive huh Dave well i skipped third grade ok but if you go back a much shorter distance, 5-6 posts, you will find a remedy more practical to the current situation imo? Or you might recall the last time we did that and the result, which i have kept on file btw. 'Member? but you could search "rephrase Dave" posted by member "bbyrd009" if you want, prolly in there too
Do you have a close relative who understands you? Possibly have them convey what you mean?

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Do you have a close relative who understands you? Possibly have them convey what you mean?
why Dave Epi already nailed it lol i mean what already bro. i am not having any problems, see, except in your perspective. So now i can't even reply to your pertinent Qs--as if--the rest of the day ok, last word is all yours buddy

no offense but i am not even really...speaking to you Dave, see

Last edited:
D

Dave L

why Dave Epi already nailed it lol i mean what already bro. i am not having any problems, see, except in your perspective. So now i can't even reply to your pertinent Qs the rest of the day ok, last word is all yours buddy
“Therefore if I know not the meaning of the voice, I shall be unto him that speaketh a barbarian, and he that speaketh shall be a barbarian unto me.” (1 Corinthians 14:11) (KJV 1900)

Reactions: bbyrd009

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
totally nailed it Dave.

Do yourself a favor and know the meaning of the voice imo
it is not a puzzle, and i am not being that incomprehensible ok
that has already been verified even

D

Dave L

totally nailed it Dave.

Do yourself a favor and know the meaning of the voice imo
it is not a puzzle, and i am not being that incomprehensible ok
that has already been verified even
Have you thought about using a grammar checker? Some of them will coach you as you write making what you say the best it can be.

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
Here's how I understand it. Every day I ask God to forgive me for what I am. "God be merciful to me a sinner". And I confess any impure thoughts, dreams, or imaginations that got through to the point I indulged them. Normally, I can censor thoughts and imaginations, sometimes at the impulse stage. And live by this:

Here's my approach to walking in the Spirit.

“Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;” (2 Corinthians 10:5) (KJV 1900)

We censor every impure thought or imagination. And change the channel in our thinking on any thought that does not conform to obedience to Christ.

And we replace it with:

“Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.” (Philippians 4:8)

Knowing Jesus is God and God is love. So Jesus is lord of our lives when love rules our thoughts and actions.
I can't argue with this.
I'm happy you can do it. Most can't.
A thought alone is not a sin, BTW. We can't help our thoughts.
You do have a good understanding, so I'll stop right here.
Far be it for me to discourage a brother that seems to have his faith on a strong plank.

P.S. I also love Philippians 4:8

Reactions: Acolyte
D

Dave L

I can't argue with this.
I'm happy you can do it. Most can't.
A thought alone is not a sin, BTW. We can't help our thoughts.
You do have a good understanding, so I'll stop right here.
Far be it for me to discourage a brother that seems to have his faith on a strong plank.

P.S. I also love Philippians 4:8
It takes practice but the happiness and peace of mind that comes from censoring impure thoughts, especially hateful ones is worth the effort.

D

Dave L

ok tks dave i'll check that out right away prolly :rolleyes:
One of the better programs has a "jargon buster". Jargon and slang become a substitute for thinking. So these types of programs make you think about what you are saying and then encourage you to pick the right word. Money well spent.

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
It takes practice but the happiness and peace of mind that comes from censoring impure thoughts, especially hateful ones is worth the effort.
Following God does create happiness and peace.
Adhering to the Decalogue brings peace of mind.
I don't mean by this, as some will understand, that it's possible to follow them all, and all the time, but certainly knowing God and having the help of the Holy Spirit sure does cut out a lot of sin.

But who can keep them all, all the time?
Only Jesus.

While being very happy with your posts, I think we should not discourage those that are having difficulty with some sin or other. God wants everyone that loves Him and we can only say for sure that as our sanctification progresses, we do tend to become better and better.

Glorification will be, however, for after death.

D

Dave L

Following God does create happiness and peace.
Adhering to the Decalogue brings peace of mind.
I don't mean by this, as some will understand, that it's possible to follow them all, and all the time, but certainly knowing God and having the help of the Holy Spirit sure does cut out a lot of sin.

But who can keep them all, all the time?
Only Jesus.

While being very happy with your posts, I think we should not discourage those that are having difficulty with some sin or other. God wants everyone that loves Him and we can only say for sure that as our sanctification progresses, we do tend to become better and better.

Glorification will be, however, for after death.
Al Capone could keep the Decalogue for all the wrong reasons. Just as those who killed Jesus did.

If you have the Holy Spirit, you have the two great commandments written in your heart. Love for God and people. If you focus on love and reject hatred in your thoughts and imaginations, you're most of the way there. The rest is in rejecting thoughts and imaginations that violate the Decalogue.

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
Al Capone could keep the Decalogue for all the wrong reasons. Just as those who killed Jesus did.

If you have the Holy Spirit, you have the two great commandments written in your heart. Love for God and people. If you focus on love and reject hatred in your thoughts and imaginations, you're most of the way there. The rest is in rejecting thoughts and imaginations that violate the Decalogue.
Agreed.
This goes back to:
Works do not save us.

BUT, after we're saved,,,we are expected to obey God.
(I get heat for this, but it's what the bible says...)

B

brakelite

BUT, after we're saved,,,we are expected to obey God
Instead of 'expected', although absolutely correct, I would put empowered.
What I do not understand though is how Christians can say "we ought to obey God's ten commandments' with a straight face, when the vast majority of them, even those who speak of the 'Decalogue' with regulatory, only really mean nine commandments?

Reactions: quietthinker
B

brakelite

If I speed past you doing 185mph and you pull me over after chasing me for 120 miles; discover when questioning me that I am stoned, I have a loaded rifle on the seat next to me, and my pitbull leaps out of the car and takes a piece out of your leg, I think I'd be in trouble.
But you, being the kind guy you are and feeling sorry for me because my favourite second cousin twice removed died just recently 9 years ago and because I am still grieving, decide to let me off. That's grace. Lotssa grace.
I then let out a whoop, shout "praise cops everywhere" , proclaim my freedom from the law, take off in a hail of metal and smoke, do 3 360's in the middle of the freeway in celebration and accelerate to 250 mph while continuing to proclaim my freedom from being under the law because I am now under grace.

The point being that we are saved by the grace of God through the most precious blood of Jesus. What next? Celebrate and care not for obedience? Proclaim the law a bad thing (as many do) and celebrate my freedom? Or obey the law of God out of a grateful heart by His grace and power and be called a 'legalist' by those who who don't seem to understand.

Ro 3:31 Do we then make void the law through faith? God forbid: yea, we establish the law.

Rom 6:17 But God be thanked, that ye were the servants of sin, but ye have obeyed from the heart that form of doctrine which was delivered you.
18 Being then made free from sin, ye became the servants of righteousness.
19 I speak after the manner of men because of the infirmity of your flesh: for as ye have yielded your members servants to uncleanness and to iniquity unto iniquity; even so now yield your members servants to righteousness unto holiness.
20 For when ye were the servants of sin, ye were free from righteousness.
21 What fruit had ye then in those things whereof ye are now ashamed? for the end of those things is death.
22 But now being made free from sin, and become servants to God, ye have your fruit unto holiness, and the end everlasting life.
23 For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

When Jesus said "If ye love Me, keep My commandments" I don't recall anyone complaining because they might be branded a 'legalist'.