Paul

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
My discernment is that all the Bible is the Word of God, with one part where the writer plainly states that this part is from him. Otherwise, as I've developed in my Christian life, this is what I've come to know.

Why do you think otherwise? What is it about certain parts of the Bible that lead you to think they are not true? And which parts?

Much love!
fwiw Paul referred to Jannes and Jambres, and i guess some Stoic and other stuff is in the Bible, too
the second half of the Decalogue is like pure Hammurabi…

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'll leave it to each reader to look up what crowns we get in Pauls' epistles.
I suggest that crowns should be read as "crowned with", Paul wrote, you are the crown of rejoicing in the presence of Jesus. Crowned with Life, crowned with Righteousness, crowned with Joy. Like that.

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
fwiw Paul referred to Jannes and Jambres, and i guess some Stoic and other stuff is in the Bible, too
the second half of the Decalogue is like pure Hammurabi…
Do you mean that the Decalogue is derivative? That Moses wrote the 10 commandments as he thought in Hammurabi? Is that the idea?

Much love!

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Whether we live in sin or live in life, we are judged by the works we do in either instance
i would think? makes me a bit surprised that you were able to “like” the below even

We will all be judged one day as Paul wrote:

Romans 14:10-12 (KJV)
10 But why dost thou judge thy brother? or why dost thou set at nought thy brother? for we shall all stand before the judgment seat of Christ.
11 For it is written, As I live, saith the Lord, every knee shall bow to me, and every tongue shall confess to God.
12 So then every one of us shall give account of himself to God
hmm, id say that that is craftily written so as to suggest “one day,” but why cant that be today
and i would contemplate harpazo in a different context…the one illustrated in the relevant passages, “snatched away from eminent danger” or something prolly

But we who are saved, eg, believers, will not be judged (condemned) by our sins.

Romans 8:1 (KJV)
1 There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.
i tell you that you wont be released until you have paid the last penny, and that Romans 8:1 maybe works better with there is now no condemnation in them…or iow maybe they do not condemn. Particularly in light of all sins will be forgiven?

Remember that Paul writes to believers, not unbelievers. So the above references to the judgement seat of Christ isn't where we are judged for the sins of our life - they were all forgiven at the cross
all
and since we’re on the subject of Paul, imo it should be stressed that he writes so as to trip people up! For instance Paul never said “to be absent from the body is to be present with the ‘lord.’”

We are presented to Jesus as his blemish-free bride at the heavenly wedding at the rapture of the church. It will be the marriage supper of the Lamb
you are obviously a thoughtful guy, and i say would keep an open mind there. There are some great, imo correct examples of “rapture” in Songs that are not extracted from harpazo, and while i certainly dont know anything for sure—and without getting into the part where the part that we want “raptured” is the ego that we pretty much invented right about the time we ate the fruit of the tree of knowledge—i would encourage a perspective that does not involve “tomorrow”
as long as it is called today

Song of Solomon 2:3 Like an apricot tree among the trees of the forest is my beloved among the young men. ...
... of the wood, So is my beloved among the sons: In his shadow have I rapture and sit down; And his fruit is sweet to my taste. As the apple tree…

Strong's Hebrew: 2530. חָמַד (chamad) -- to desire, take pleasure in

which in a funny way even defines why we want to extract “rapture” from harpazo imo

Perhaps the only 'good news' about being cast into the lake of fire is that it's likely that parts of it are hotter than others. Hitler, for example, will get the super-hot spot in the lake
all go to the same place
you and your sons will be here with me
(Samuel, accepted, to King Saul, rejected)
you know Gehenna is in Erets, right? Got any vv about any other souls actually cast into “the lake of fire?”
No one knows where they go when they die—except for Hitler, we all know where he went? ha ok, keep “knowing” if you like, but me i dont know nothing! :)
i admit that the fruit is tasty tho, huh

we’re tired of this manna, give us some meat to eat!

just realized you’re new here lol duh
welcome to CB :)

Last edited:

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Consider should we actually pluck out our eyes and cut our hands off it is sins?
wadr (with all due respect) pluck out your right eye, cut off your right hand, these are surely different concepts than what…has been forwarded/taught to us, as per pEnoch. Either of these might be accomplished without anyone getting literally maimed, i am pretty sure

Last edited:

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Do you mean that the Decalogue is derivative? That Moses wrote the 10 commandments as he thought in Hammurabi? Is that the idea?

Much love!
well i dont know if he “thought in Hammurabi” but we do have a constant them of taking the best and leaving the rest in the Bible, so “derivative” might easily apply. “King of kings, Lord of lords” was lifted from the Caesars/Pharaohs, Noach (“Noah” to you i guess) was likely lifted from the Epic of Gilgamesh…

and how might The virgin will be with child been heard by them, in that time? Why is the (Cult of Sol) Centurion accorded the highest praise by Jesus? Backed up by another accolade for an Atheist (Samaritan), just in case we didnt get the point?

Last edited:

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
of course i imagine that tithes would fall off dramatically if the sermon were about how everyone goes to the same place, all sins will be forgiven, etc right

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why is the (Cult of Sol) Centurion accorded the highest praise by Jesus? Backed up by another accolade for an Atheist (Samaritan), just in case we didnt get the point?
Maybe because they believed Jesus was the Christ?

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
of course i imagine that tithes would fall off dramatically if the sermon were about how everyone goes to the same place, all sins will be forgiven, etc right
Interesting point of view. Do you consider everyone to be born from above? Born of the Spirit?

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No one knows where they go when they die—
Or maybe the reality is that you don't think anyone knows, but just the same, if we believe God Who tells us truth, then maybe you can know, IF you choose to believe?

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Matthew 8:6-10 KJV
6) And saying, Lord, my servant lieth at home sick of the palsy, grievously tormented.
7) And Jesus saith unto him, I will come and heal him.
8) The centurion answered and said, Lord, I am not worthy that thou shouldest come under my roof: but speak the word only, and my servant shall be healed.
9) For I am a man under authority, having soldiers under me: and I say to this man, Go, and he goeth; and to another, Come, and he cometh; and to my servant, Do this, and he doeth it.
10) When Jesus heard it, he marvelled, and said to them that followed, Verily I say unto you, I have not found so great faith, no, not in Israel.

He believed Jesus had this authority.

Why? Why did he believe that?

Much love!

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Personally I believe what Paul wrote. I believe God inspired him.

Much love!
yep , we believe in all things in that bible my friend . From james , jude , paul , peter , john , the gospels , revelation
the psalsm and all . from genesis to revelation , WE CAN BANK ON THE TRUTH in those pages . GOD is with the lambs .
Understanding What Christ taught and the apostels later taught , helps us to also understand all the scriptures better .
And feasting on the old holy scrips helps us as well . ITS ALL GOOD . EVERY WORD is pure beauty and works good to the souls of lambs .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How will you decide which of Paul's words are right?

Much love!
Because like most people , they rely on what FEELS RIGHT . Tis how so often folks get decieved .
ITS what they THINK is truth that they make truth and by what they feel , they then determine what is truth .
WE MUST STICK TO OUR BIBLES .

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Because like most people , they rely on what FEELS RIGHT . Tis how so often folks get decieved .
ITS what they THINK is truth that they make truth and by what they feel , they then determine what is truth .
WE MUST STICK TO OUR BIBLES .
I think maybe a tendency to conform the Bible to our minds, instead of conforming our minds to the Bible.

Much love!

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think maybe a tendency to conform the Bible to our minds, instead of conforming our minds to the Bible.

Much love!
Yep , exactly what i meant my friend . They pick and choose what to believe . They conform the WORD to their heart
they dont let the WORD transform their heart into knowing truth . I seen this very often .
To thine own self be true they are .