People say you can not lose faith, God can't lose you, is that true?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Abiding1

Aug 4, 2023
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Reading Jesus' own words in John 5:36-40, when speaking to the Jews who wanted to murder Him, it is clear that these same Jews had the "ability" to choose/accept Jesus Christ, but rejected Him. They were UNWILLING to go to Jesus to be saved.

This is what the Bible Teaches, that ALL sinners have a clear CHOICE to either ACCEPT or REJECT the Gospel and Jesus as Saviour

NOT the FALSE teachings of the "Reformed/Calvinist/Humanist", etc, etc
Even the Lord Jesus had His own will.

Matthew 26:42 KJV
He went away again the second time, and prayed, saying, O my Father, if this cup may not pass away from me, except I drink it, thy will be done.

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
its more than that

If your going to post a scripture.. then you should be able to respond when others post scripture.

if your not going to respond to other people. you should not post you
Exactly....like some believe we can lose salvation...then we post God’s word ,where it says we can’t be un- birthed.

Why post scripture if one can’t interpret it...I asked 1st Century lady, to break down the scripture she posted, just to help me understand it more...she did that and helped me greatly understand..

That poster just argues and trolls imo...waste of time...I have no patience with people like this.

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Even the Lord Jesus had His own will.

Matthew 26:42 KJV
He went away again the second time, and prayed, saying, O my Father, if this cup may not pass away from me, except I drink it, thy will be done.
He did. But, it was always in line with the Fathers will....he never once disobeyed God.

GodisSpirit

Aug 3, 2023
mountain time zone
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
He was talking about the gentile believers.. As apposed to Israel

He was talking about induvidual people

Eternal life is based on the promise of God based on the cross.

Not in what we do or don't do. we can not do anything to cause 1 sin to be forgiven
Come on, that is not what Paul is saying here, no matter how you twist this.

He just said, the Jews were cut off for disbelief, and then said, if we believe and not ABIDE, we will be cut off.

Reactions: Abiding1

GodisSpirit

Aug 3, 2023
mountain time zone
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
please explain to me why people. who have been forgiven all of their sin, who have been saved from eternal death. who have received the HS. who has been changed into a new creature. Who have had the whole in their heart, which was left open by the fall, filled with the greatest love mankind can fathom. Who is blessed with every spiritual blessing. who has a God who will never leave nor forsake them and will never fail them

would all of a sudden turn and say, nope I do not believe any of this..
Simply put, some People, are foolish.
Hell, is full of foolish people.
The person, who just lost their wife and thought God should heal them, so they rebel and denounce God, is a very foolish person.
But, it happens all of the time, and for LESS than losing a Spouse, Sibling, Child, Parent, etc.

Reactions: L.A.M.B.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Come on, that is not what Paul is saying here, no matter how you twist this.

He just said, the Jews were cut off for disbelief, and then said, if we believe and not ABIDE, we will be cut off.
The jews (as a nation) who are the natural branches

You Gentiles, who are unnatural branches.. too can be cut off

Salvation is not in reference here. Paul did not contradict himself.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hell, is full of foolish people.
The person, who just lost their wife and thought God should heal them, so they rebel and denounce God, is a very foolish person.
But, it happens all of the time, and for LESS than losing a Spouse, Sibling, Child, Parent, etc.
lol. Peter denounced God three times

Yet God never left him

God said he would NEVER leave nor forsake us.

we can't go anywhere where God is not. we can;t hide. so no matter there you go. there God is with you

You can't overpower God

I have been angry with God many times.. But I never stopped having faith in his word concerning my salvation.

GodisSpirit

Aug 3, 2023
mountain time zone
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
lol. Peter denounced God three times

Yet God never left him

God said he would NEVER leave nor forsake us.

we can't go anywhere where God is not. we can;t hide. so no matter there you go. there God is with you

You can't overpower God

I have been angry with God many times.. But I never stopped having faith in his word concerning my salvation.
Who said God left these people?
People, leaving God, is in no way, shape, or matter the same as God leaving them.

If you must twist my meaning, you are already wrong to begin with!

GodisSpirit

Aug 3, 2023
mountain time zone
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The jews (as a nation) who are the natural branches

You Gentiles, who are unnatural branches.. too can be cut off

Salvation is not in reference here. Paul did not contradict himself.
Paul, said He was a Jew, WHO, believes.
He is talking about the people.
A Nation cannot be held accountable for the actions of its people.
The land can be destroyed and the people gone, but the Nation still exist.

I was raised Southern Baptist.
STOP, with your non biblical reasoning.
It's way too easy to recognize.

GRACE ambassador

Mar 1, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Reactions: GodisSpirit

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Who said God left these people?
People, leaving God, is in no way, shape, or matter the same as God leaving them.

If you must twist my meaning, you are already wrong to begin with!
On order for you to leave God. you would have to go where God is not.

God said he will never leave you. so wherever you go. there God is..

Psalms 139
O Lord, You have searched me and known me.
2 You know my sitting down and my rising up;
You understand my thought afar off.
3 You comprehend my path and my lying down,
And are acquainted with all my ways.
4 For there is not a word on my tongue,
But behold, O Lord, You know it altogether.

5 You have hedged me behind and before,
And laid Your hand upon me.
6 Such knowledge is too wonderful for me;
It is high, I cannot attain it.

7 Where can I go from Your Spirit?
Or where can I flee from Your presence?
8 If I ascend into heaven, You are there;
If I make my bed in [c]hell, behold, You are there.
9 If I take the wings of the morning,
And dwell in the uttermost parts of the sea,
10 Even there Your hand shall lead me,
And Your right hand shall hold me.
11 If I say, “Surely the darkness shall [d]fall on me,”
Even the night shall be light about me;
12 Indeed, the darkness [e]shall not hide from You,
But the night shines as the day;
The darkness and the light are both alike
to You.

13 For You formed my inward parts;
You covered me in my mother’s womb.

14 I will praise You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
Marvelous are Your works,
And that my soul knows very well.
15 My frame was not hidden from You,
When I was made in secret,
And skillfully wrought in the lowest parts of the earth.

16 Your eyes saw my substance, being yet unformed.
And in Your book they all were written,
The days fashioned for me,
When as yet there were none of them.

17 How precious also are Your thoughts to me, O God!
How great is the sum of them!
18 If I should count them, they would be more in number than the sand;
When I awake, I am still with You.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Paul, said He was a Jew, WHO, believes.
He is talking about the people.
A Nation cannot be held accountable for the actions of its people.
The land can be destroyed and the people gone, but the Nation still exist.

I was raised Southern Baptist.
STOP, with your non biblical reasoning.
It's way too easy to recognize.
Your a SOUTHERN BAPTIST and believe salvation can be lost?

No baptist I ever met believed that, and I was raised baptist.

Paul did not contradict himself. he would not say you could lose salvation when he said over and over salvation is secure..

That he who began a good WILL COMPLETE it.

thats what Paul believed, DO you think paul lied. do you not believe this also?

Reactions: Ritajanice

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yeah some people are.

Gal 3: 3 O foolish Galatians! Who has bewitched you that you should not obey the truth, before whose eyes Jesus Christ was clearly portrayed among you as crucified? 2 This only I want to learn from you: Did you receive the Spirit by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith? 3 Are you so foolish? Having begun in the Spirit, are you now being made perfect by the flesh? 4 Have you suffered so many things in vain—if indeed it was in vain?

GodisSpirit

Aug 3, 2023
mountain time zone
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yeah some people are.

Gal 3: 3 O foolish Galatians! Who has bewitched you that you should not obey the truth, before whose eyes Jesus Christ was clearly portrayed among you as crucified? 2 This only I want to learn from you: Did you receive the Spirit by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith? 3 Are you so foolish? Having begun in the Spirit, are you now being made perfect by the flesh? 4 Have you suffered so many things in vain—if indeed it was in vain?
AMEN!

• Love
Reactions: amigo de christo

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Beware , many are twisting the chapter in romans . Now if the jews were CUT OUT due to UNBELIEF
that means NOT SAVED . So too if we continue NOT in the GOODNESS of GOD .
It means THE SAME THING . they cant have it both ways . IF ONE IS CUT OUT OF THE TREE , cast out
THEY ARE NOT SAVED .

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Beware , many are twisting the chapter in romans . Now if the jews were CUT OUT due to UNBELIEF
that means NOT SAVED . So too if we continue NOT in the GOODNESS of GOD .
It means THE SAME THING . they cant have it both ways . IF ONE IS CUT OUT OF THE TREE , cast out
THEY ARE NOT SAVED .
Its talking about who holds the things of God

Israel held the things of God ( 4 who are Israelites, to whom pertain the adoption, the glory, the covenants, the giving of the law, the service of God, and the promises; 5 of whom are the fathers and from whom, according to the flesh, Christ came, who is over all, the eternally blessed God. Amen.)

When they rebelled, it was given to the church (gentiles)

Paul is making a statement of fact. Just as they were cut off, we too can be cut off..

In fact. it will happen.. the church will lose its stewardship and it will be returned to Israel with Christ as king in Jerusalem.

ByGraceThroughFaith

Mar 14, 2021
Dudley
trinitystudies.org
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
There are some on here, who are more interested in their personal "theology", rather than what the Bible actually teaches!

Both Testaments are very clear, that ALL sinners have the God-given ability to CHOOSE or REJECT Him. This is seen with Joshua when he says: "And if it is evil in your eyes to serve the Lord, choose this day whom you will serve, whether the gods your fathers served in the region beyond the River, or the gods of the Amorites in whose land you dwell. But as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord.” (24:15)

Here the people have a clear CHOICE, to either SERVE the false gods, which is the same as serving the devil; OR, to CHOOSE Yahweh.

This is the SAME from the time of Creation, when we read of the Account of Adam and Eve. God very clearly Commanded (not requested) them not to eat of the Tree of the knowledge of good and evil (Genesis 2:17). Then the devil comes along and says, DON'T believe in what God is telling you. Eve and then Adam, both CHOSE to DISOBEY what the Lord had Commanded them, and rather CHOSE the LIES of the devil. This is FREE WILL.

Fast forward to John chapter 5, where the Jews are disputing with Jesus for healing on the Sabbath Day (verse 14 onwards), who wanted to murder Jesus for what He did, and for saying that God the Father was His in a special way. To these same murdering Jews, Jesus says:

"37 And the Father who sent me has himself testified concerning me. You have never heard his voice nor seen his form, 38 nor does his word dwell in you, for you do not believe the one he sent. 39 You study the Scriptures diligently because you think that in them you have eternal life. These are the very Scriptures that testify about me, 40 yet you refuse to come to me to have life"

Here we see that these Jews, who could not have been part of the so called "elect", REFUSE, or REJECT, going to Jesus Christ to that they might have eternal life!

It is VERY CLEAR to ALL who are interested in what the BIBLE has to say on the salvation of lost sinners, and have no "pet theology" that says that Jesus only Died only for a FEW, that is the ELECT!

In this passage in John we have FREE WILL, and the Universal Death of Jesus Christ, for ALL lost sinners! This is NOT the same as "Universal salvation", which is the HERESY that every single human being will be ultimately saved!

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The reasoning of some ppl who post whether scripture or not is what is confusing!.

Believers seek God and are led by the Spirit thru the word of God in understanding. This thinking we have arrived is balderdash.

If you're unteachable, then you're unreachable. Might need to take things darkened up with God.

Reactions: MatthewG

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The reasoning of some ppl who post whether scripture or not is what is confusing!.

Believers seek God and are led by the Spirit thru the word of God in understanding. This thinking we have arrived is balderdash.

If you're unteachable, then you're unreachable. Might need to take things darkened up with God.

LAMB,

You do remind of a scripture that talks about God is not the author of confusion, but of peace.

Status
Not open for further replies.