People say you can not lose faith, God can't lose you, is that true?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Something else to bear in mind.
Because of the Evangelistic style of men such as Charles Finney, and Billy Graham, Christians tend to think of Salvation in terms of "the decision." And naturally, the question arises, "Is is possible for the Decision to be recanted or rescinded?"

In fact, the Bible doesn't actually teach "The Decision." Instead, the Bible teaches that salvation is the work of God, that it is a process, and that the process will never be interrupted or thwarted in any way.

Cadyandzoe,

Have you considered the story of Adam and Eve?
What those men may believe, I do not know, but the story of Adam and Eve is something to consider.

All in love,
Matthew

Reactions: CadyandZoe

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1 Peter 5:8
Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil walks about like a roaring lion, seeking whom he may devour.

Satan is powerful and we should not be decieved to think he and his army is not around today.. He is not yet bound, that is a future event, after the great tribulation where he is bound in the bottomless pit

scripture can not contradict itself

God can;t say you have eternal life. you will never die, and you will live forever. he even gave you the spirit as a pledge.

then tell you you can fall away and lose salvation.

You can fall away from the gospel before it has saved you

you can try this new thing (christianity) and then go back to your old self (the law) but you do this, because the law is where you true faith was to begin with.. You don;t go back to something you do not trust..
@Eternally Grateful

You can have your opinion Satan is still around.
Jesus crushed his head, and he was tossed in the lake of fire.
It's something that is believed by faith.

Also I can't answer your question of why God does what he does, all I know is what the scriptures involve with his will of having none perish - the Devil was a different story.

Do you remember what God said about him Genesis? A crush to the head normally means death. Death in the lake of fire is where he resides today.

Whether you believe that or not, it is between you and God.

All in love,
Matthew

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Topic of lake of fire

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Eternally Grateful

You can have your opinion Satan is still around.
Jesus crushed his head, and he was tossed in the lake of fire.
It's something that is believed by faith.
he has not been tossed yet

If you think this, That worries me
Also I can't answer your question of why God does what he does, all I know is what the scriptures involve with his will of having none perish - the Devil was a different story.

Do you remember what God said about him Genesis? A crush to the head normally means death. Death in the lake of fire is where he resides today.

Whether you believe that or not, it is between you and God.

All in love,
Matthew
God tells us, He is patient wishing that none should perish, but all should come to life.

While satan has been defeated he is not bound yet. he still has work to do..

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Topic of lake of fire

the lake of fire/hell or whatever you call it. is the eternal destination created for satan and his angels.

those who do not come to believe in Christ, are judged at the great white throne and found wanting, and are cast there also.

there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
he has not been tossed yet

If you think this, That worries me

God tells us, He is patient wishing that none should perish, but all should come to life.

While satan has been defeated he is not bound yet. he still has work to do..
Ah don't let it worry you. The bible talks about it. People believe that its true or they dont.
I disagree..
Okay.
the lake of fire/hell or whatever you call it. is the eternal destination created for satan and his angels.

those who do not come to believe in Christ, are judged at the great white throne and found wanting, and are cast there also.

there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.
Yes, starting with Israel.

Not sure what else you expect to dialogue about,

I choose believe to believe how I have decided and no one has any dictatorship over me, if I did not believe any of it was true, then I wouldn't be saying Ill tell you that.

No one has dictatorship over anyones faith, that is why I say - you are free to have your opinion if you dont believe these things have happened.

I love you anyway and carry on and keep up the good fight of faith and share Christ, as he is the one who saves, not pointless meaningless debates.

All the best, and in love to you,
Matthew

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
>>We are born spiritually blind. We are incapable of removing the veil of blindness. <<
God draws you to Himself through a series of events and people that come into your life to prepare you for that divine appointment. You become willing , when before you weren't at all interested.
Before I became a Christian, Christians would witness to me and I would say, "No thank you"... I just wasn't ready yet, not until I was 35 years old. God enabled me to come, put one person in my life that invited me to Church and answered my questions little by little _ gently _ not forcing His way. I heard the Spirit-filled Pastor preach and he made scripture sound relevant to me personally and applicable today's world and I started believing. "Yeah ... this makes sense ... He captured my interest, persuaded me, enough to want to come back. I did and then after a few weeks decided to buckled down and buy a Bible find out more about Jesus. I started reading the New Testament and began to believe (because He already removed that veil). I had doubts, but in time The Lord corrected them. Within a couple months, I received the Lord with an open heart and eagerness for a meaningful relationship. I didn't prepare my way for that moment - no way!
GOD CHOSE ME FIRST, then persuaded me with His Word and just the way that things were all coming together, not by chance coincidence, it was orchestrated _ I realized it and THEN SAID OK. Once He removed that being of blindness ( which I by myself could not) He enlightened me, I could see and then I chose to continue the journey.
It doesn't happen that way for everyone. Everyone has a different testimony. Some were brought up with Christian parents and don't really remember a time when they did not believe. Or maybe they hated church and were rebellious teenagers ... because they weren't ready. God needed to put them through some life experiences and eventually bring them to a place where they surrendered their ways. Not everyone wants to get off their throne. They want to be in charge and so for them, the seed is thrown on rocky or shallow soil, it isn't nourished because their hearts aren't really repentant snd it doesn't grow deep roots. This is partially why some have weak faith. God does give measures of faith according to His purpose. He knew Jerimiah before he was born. What does that mean? His plan, intentions, purpose for Him was to be a prophet and do exactly what He wanted Him to do. Though we have many faults and blonders, He factors them into His plan and all things work together for good.
We must nourish the seed that was planted, water it with the Word, and desire a relationship with God, putting that on top, get off out throne and allow Him to direct our lives. If you don't read your Bible, you simply won't grow in faith.
Jesus asked the Jews (who already had a measure of faith), "Where is your faith?" Obviously many Jews that were brought up with the Word still had weak faith. The Pharisees were sitting on their thrones prideful and unwilling to get down from them. His sheep heard His voice. His sheep were chosen and prepared for their divine appointment. It doesn't mean that those who rejected Jesus didn't later change their minds. They could have become sheep at a later time in life. There was always hope for them ... until they died.

Thank you for sharing your testimony and the way you see things, @Ronald David Bruno.
Is it not amazing that God already really did think about everyone that would be in the world before they came about and made a way to have access to him because of his son willingly giving up his very own life for ALL THE WORLD!

How wild and crazy was that man who we call the Lord, a very special person indeed, wish we could have seen it first hand, I wonder if we would have fallen into the LAw and the pharisees, or have sought after Jesus or not.

Surely hearing of his miracles, and his resurrection would have been astounding after the fact, if we are were not to far in the darkness of the abyss. Some people continue to stay blind, until the word comes around and they choose.

Was the same way for me to brother,

In love,
Matthew.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ah don't let it worry you. The bible talks about it. People believe that its true or they dont.
where does th ebible say Satan is in hell right now?

I am not worried about me, I am worried about you.

we do those types of things when we love people. we worry about them.
Okay.

Yes, starting with Israel.

Not sure what else you expect to dialogue about,

I choose believe to believe how I have decided and no one has any dictatorship over me, if I did not believe any of it was true, then I wouldn't be saying Ill tell you that.

No one has dictatorship over anyones faith, that is why I say - you are free to have your opinion if you dont believe these things have happened.

I love you anyway and carry on and keep up the good fight of faith and share Christ, as he is the one who saves, not pointless meaningless debates.

All the best, and in love to you,
Matthew
we come to discuss because we want to learn.

And when we discuss, we must be open to the fact we may be wrong

if we are not. we come across as proud. or holier than thou, and we lose the ability to discuss things with people.

I pray you are not here (as many) who just want to teach everyone what you believe and thats it..

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
where does th ebible say Satan is in hell right now?

I am not worried about me, I am worried about you.

we do those types of things when we love people. we worry about them.

we come to discuss because we want to learn.

And when we discuss, we must be open to the fact we may be wrong

if we are not. we come across as proud. or holier than thou, and we lose the ability to discuss things with people.

I pray you are not here (as many) who just want to teach everyone what you believe and thats it..

@Eternally Grateful,

The book of Revelation.

There are four different viewpoints, and it's very subjective to how a person believes.

Cast your worries and anxiteys on God, and you wont worry. Trust him in faith, and perhaps consider the total victory of Christ if you would like to...

I can't discuss everything about this in 5 minutes to satisfy a need of want, sorry.

All the best,
Matthew

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

For consideration @Eternally Grateful

All consideration ONLY!

you dont have to accept or believe any of it.

In love,
Matthew

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Eternally Grateful,

The book of Revelation.

There are four different viewpoints, and it's very subjective to how a person believes.

Cast your worries and anxiteys on God, and you wont worry. Trust him in faith, and perhaps consider the total victory of Christ if you would like to...

I can't discuss everything about this in 5 minutes to satisfy a need of want, sorry.

All the best,
Matthew
so you believe satan is bound and not deceiving the nations?

Do you watch the news? Just asking.. not trying to be argumentative, just trying to understand your thinking

Reactions: MatthewG

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
so you believe satan is bound and not deceiving the nations?

Do you watch the news? Just asking.. not trying to be argumentative, just trying to understand your thinking
@Eternally Grateful

I believe he could have been bound as the gospel went out.

1,000 years is not 1,000 years in my view.

If i come and say dang there is a 1,000 keys on this key ring but there is only 25, it's just the whole amount.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

For consideration @Eternally Grateful

All consideration ONLY!

you dont have to accept or believe any of it.

In love,
Matthew
I understand there are basically 2 different beliefs

pre- millenial. )pre-trib, mid-trib and post-trib)

they believe CHrist will return and the events of his second comming are yet future. That there will be a great tribulation, that Christ will return and defeat the final gentile power. that when he comes, Israel will repent and be restored. That satan will be bound, that peace will be on earth for 1000 years which is because Christ is in Jerusalem ruling with a rod of Iron.. after which Satan will be loosed. and there will be one final battle..

Post- Millenial (includes A-Mil and some form of preterism and may include others)

states all of the prophecies concerning jesus are completed.. Satan is bound, Jesus rules with a rod of Iron today. God is done with Israel, they will not be returned. Jesus rules in heaven he will not rule on earth. etc etc etc..

while these beliefs are not salvic.. I do believe they can be dangerous. ie, thinking satan is bound when he is not..

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I believe he could have been bound as the gospel went out.
It says he is bound so he could no longer deceive the nations.

look at the last 2000 years. are you saying these war mongering nations and dictators were not deceived by Satan? where is the peace that revelations said would come from this?

Last edited:

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Eternally Grateful

I really don't pay to much attention to the world because we are told to keep our mind on heavenly things...

Yeah I watch the new but is mostly just a bunch of garbage that sometimes is meaningless,

but I support anyone seeking justice for right to win out over evil.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I understand there are basically 2 different beliefs

pre- millenial. )pre-trib, mid-trib and post-trib)

they believe CHrist will return and the events of his second comming are yet future. That there will be a great tribulation, that Christ will return and defeat the final gentile power. that when he comes, Israel will repent and be restored. That satan will be bound, that peace will be on earth for 1000 years which is because Christ is in Jerusalem ruling with a rod of Iron.. after which Satan will be loosed. and there will be one final battle..

Post- Millenial (includes A-Mil and some form of preterism and may include others)

states all of the prophecies concerning jesus are completed.. Satan is bound, Jesus rules with a rod of Iron today. God is done with Israel, they will not be returned. Jesus rules in heaven he will not rule on earth. etc etc etc..

while these beliefs are not salvic.. I do believe they can be dangerous. ie, thinking satan is bound when he is not..

Cool. Well that is all on you and what you believe is dangerous or not.

I don't see Satan being defeated harming anyone at all...

In fact it's more freeing to trust in Jesus Christ and his victory.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It says he is bound so he could no longer deceive the nations.

look at the last 2000 years. are you saying these war mongering nations and dictators were not deceived by Satan? where ios the peace that revelations said would come from this?
@Eternally Grateful

What were the surrounding nations at the time?

You could make it for oh america, or austrilia, or whatever...

but everything boils down to a one tiem event with Israel.

You have to decide for yourself, and dont believe me

Love,
Matthew

Status
Not open for further replies.