People who don't believe in Jesus are going to Hell, correct?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Christ is supposed to exist and act as a physical representation of God on a human and individual level, as relating to him in this way facilities a greater or closer understanding of the divine within the framework and incumbent of our feeble human forms.

It is hard to explain clearer, it is like relating and experience God’s divinity on an individual and human level, as our personal and individual selves can act in a manner that disinhibits or impedes this universal oneness with our creator, and that is what the crucifixion of Jesus represents to me.It would then be like a form of enlightenment to attain this state of realization that our mortal coils are what separate us, though I do not think this realization is opposed to individuality as in some regards you could say we all have our own individual truths, in some way. I think that being one with god or in direct communication with the Holy Spirit expresses itself in different ways dependant on the person.

The analogy of Jesus is kinda weird when you think about it, God basically sacrificed himself to himself so that he could save himself from ourselves. I guess I am almost not technically a Christian because I think that Jesus was still a human man, like many others and that he had achieved quite possibly a form of enlightenment and wanted to best explain and provide this to others and quite possibly martyred himself as a result. I mean understanding why Jesus was crucified is a fundamental aspect of Christianity but it just seems like it is made to be the end all of Christianity and the main purpose or point of it, which basically just serves to state that “Jesus died for our sins” and we must somehow be shamed and reminded of this on a constant basis, but in a way that feels too much like lashings and fire, brimstone, and oppressive. I do not think that is what Jesus intended, and it feels a little draconian to me at times, but it is like a form of sadomasochism that people like I guess.
May be only a model to follow?

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
You're arrogant and you believe that you are intellectually and spiritually superior to your fellow man. You are very proud and not humble. You have nothing to learn because you possess all knowledge.

Philippians 2:3 ESV / 80 helpful votes
Do nothing from rivalry or conceit, but in humility count others more significant than yourselves.
Do I have to state the obvious??

Rudometkin

Sep 14, 2020
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hell as depicted throughout the majority of Christian beliefs, is simply not demonstrable in reality

This claim is interesting, because it logically amounts to a positive affirmation that this Hell does not exist.

If Hell is real, then Hell is reality. Everything that is real can be demonstrated.

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Many don't like what the Bible (God) has to say.

"Almost every natural man that hears of hell, flatters himself that he shall escape it; he depends upon himself for his own security; he flatters himself in what he has done, in what he is now doing, or what he intends to do." - Johnathan Edwards
You quote another man's words but argue people don't like what the Bible says. It's rather contradictory of one another.

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ok, so some poor sap on a remote island who has never heard of Jesus will be tortured for eternity in Hell.

Hi K9,
From what Paul said in Col. 1:23 has me thinking the gospel was already preached to "every creature under heaven..." in the 1st century perhaps? But then, God is not slow concerning His promises :)

"if indeed you continue in the faith, grounded and steadfast, and are not moved away from the hope of the gospel which you heard, which was preached to every creature under heaven, of which I, Paul, became a minister.

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Best for what? Sometimes theorizing endlessly is the result of taking the plain statements of Scripture.
When someone opines that the "plain statements of scripture" form the basis of his faith, I begin to doubt he has read the Bible. Real life impacting truth are very rarely found in any of the "plain statements of scripture". Just as diamonds, sapphires and gold aren't lying around on the surface of the earth.

Rudometkin

Sep 14, 2020
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When someone opines that the "plain statements of scripture" form the basis of his faith, I begin to doubt he has read the Bible. Real life impacting truth are very rarely found in any of the "plain statements of scripture". Just as diamonds, sapphires and gold aren't lying around on the surface of the earth.

Thank you for your comment. Can you further elaborate on your point for clarity?

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Many don't like what the Bible (God) has to say.

"Almost every natural man that hears of hell, flatters himself that he shall escape it; he depends upon himself for his own security; he flatters himself in what he has done, in what he is now doing, or what he intends to do." - Johnathan Edwards
Great signature lines 5 star rating :)

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am acquainted with a woman who believes that some guy on YouTube is God. Seriously. Of course, he's a con man. She has sent him money. I have spoken to her and have tried to counsel her, to no avail. One problem is that she has a VERY low IQ. I don't know if she is, technically, mentally retarded, but she is probably pretty close.

Aside from that, she is very kind, generous and has never, to my knowledge, ever uttered a bad word for another, let alone hurt another.

In spite of all that, Jesus, who is loving, merciful and just, will send her (or allow her to go) to Hell to suffer damnation for eternity, right?

Can any of you all-knowing "Christians" provide the verse that explicitly says that such a person will be condemned to Hell?
can a false god save one from sin ?