People who don't believe in Jesus are going to Hell, correct?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Is your God omnipresent or not?
If I were to answer you, correctly or not, but you did not have God given understanding, would it accomplish anything good for you or for anyone else? If there is a God, consider that we are the pots and God is the Potter who formed us! If there were not any god, why the answer even matter?

"Surely your turning of things upside down shall be esteemed as the potter's clay: for shall the work say of him that made it, He made me not? or shall the thing framed say of him that framed it, He had no understanding?" Isaiah 26:16

Again... without knowing God's purpose and without His help, what can we correctly understand and explain about anything, much less about Him? Consider what Solomon wrote 3,000 years ago:

"I have seen all the works that are done under the sun; and, behold, all is vanity and vexation of spirit.
That which is crooked cannot be made straight: and that which is wanting cannot be numbered.
I communed with mine own heart, saying, Lo, I am come to great estate, and have gotten more wisdom than all they that have been before me in Jerusalem: yea, my heart had great experience of wisdom and knowledge.
And I gave my heart to know wisdom, and to know madness and folly: I perceived that this also is vexation of spirit." Ecc 1:14-17

Nevertheless in response to your question:

"The eyes of the LORD are in every place, beholding the evil and the good."

Reactions: Spurgeon's Girl

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Literally here, or metaphorically here?
What is it literal? Are zombies literal or real?

Everyone who has not received the Life Jesus brought is dead although they may not know or accept it. Adam and Eve died. The offspring of dead people are dead and the dead know nothing. There is no place for people to go but to Life... but few there be that find it. So when their allotted time runs out some other dead people will be there probably to shovel dirt on their faces.

Reactions: Waiting on him

Entanglement

Jul 15, 2020
Brisbane
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
What is it literal? Are zombies literal or real?

Everyone who has not received the Life Jesus brought is dead although they may not know or accept it. Adam and Eve died. The offspring of dead people are dead and the dead know nothing. There is no place for people to go but to Life... but few there be that find it. So when their allotted time runs out some other dead people will be there probably to shovel dirt on their faces.

At the very least, the Luke 16:19-31 kind.
Can you two not answer plainly?

Rudometkin

Sep 14, 2020
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When He confronts them about their sin, they have a choice to repent (and accept His Salvation) or not.

Salvation is not a negotiable offer, as if it were of our acceptance; but it is of the Lord whose death was not in vain. His redemption is finished work for all that the Father has given Him.

Sabertooth

Sep 17, 2019
Northern Wisconsin
transcendiary.blogspot.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Even if you don't have a Bible, it is easy enough to read online. If I were to amplify some features of that rich man's abode, it would de-emphasize others. And, then, I would be the target of your argument, instead of extracting from the text the answer to your previous question. Even if we don't agree on the import of the offered information, I think that we can agree on what the text actually says.

(Or is your question, "Which Hell?" intended to be the set-up for your next argument?)

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
If and when humans are thrown into the lake of fire, they will shortly cease to exist. I believe that there will be many thrown in who are not fully human even though they look it.
The bible speaks of the punishment of eternal fire. I don't believe this means the eternal punishment of fire. First off, physical fire can't touch the inner man.
Secondly, if God, in His total foreknowledge, made billions of people knowing they would end up burning in hell forever and He made them anyway, how would this not be far worse than the worst of history's mass murderers? The most they did was speed up their victim's time of death. This is not the God I know, so I looked into it.
After being led to search the scriptures along with my concordance, I focused on the root word for each time the word fire was in the bible. I was near the end of the list when I found a different root. Upon further investigation, I realized that the bible talked about 2 different types of fire.
The eternal fire never goes out and is found in the baptism of fire, the fire in Jesus' eyes, the fire around the mountain of God, the fire that proceeds God, that which purifies the sons of Levi, the lake of fire, our God is a consuming fire, etc.
God says, "Be holy, for I am holy." I don't believe that God ever tells us to do something that is impossible. I now understand what He means.
Many believe in a 2-dimensional God and become 2-dimensional believers. But God is a 3-dimensional God and we are meant to be 3-dimensional Christians. It was only when I started doing what the word actually says that things started to change for the better for me.
We are to believe in the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, not the Father, Son, and Holy Bible. We need the word but we also need the Holy Spirit to help us understand it. I'd say that God is more important than His word.
I'm not criticizing bible study as it has been crucial to my walk and spiritual growth. But it shouldn't replace one person of God. And since it's not the original manuscripts, it's not perfect. So I depend and rely on God the Holy Spirit for correct understanding. This has also strengthened my relationship with God.
If one uses God to promote self, don't expect Him to be thrilled about it. Anyone ever had a kid use them? It's not nice. It makes one feel cheap. Respect and revere God, humble yourself, and seek His face, then you might find that your relationship with Him improves greatly. Your prayers are more often heard, too. Shalom.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Literally here, or metaphorically here?
To me my answer was plain, but without "ears to hear" of which Jesus spoke you might not understand.

To me literal means real. To me what men call reality is not! To me reality is God the things of God. The things of men that men call literal or real are seen by me more as the temporal illusions. When carnal men have finished their allotted time, then the temporal be finished. Those, who at the end of their allotted time have Life, the Life which Jesus brought, will continue...

If you want to communicate you need to explain what you mean and what you really want to know. I may be able to help you... and maybe not. If you trying to disprove the existence of God or my testimony you are wasting your time.